Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » What +LUCK could do? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What +LUCK could do?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
VonBudde

Registration Date: 04-11-2008

What +LUCK could do? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'll tell.

It could increase Your chance for succesfull quest beyond 90% (or 80% or 70%).

It looks somewhat odd to fail in easy quest with 90% chance of success and +30 LUCK.
05-09-2008 11:54 VonBudde is offline Search for Posts by VonBudde Add VonBudde to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

RE: What +LUCK could do? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Im beginning to belive that luck don't increase your success rate while questing. Im doing an experiment at the moment to test the benefits of luck.

I've read somewhere that each point of luck should increase your chance of success by 3%/2%/1% for easy/normal/difficult quests. This is what im testing. My luck is 28-32 depending on what items I can get from clan armoury.
So far i've completed 31 medium quests 14 where successfull my calculated average successrate were 43,7%.

14 quests out of 31 were successfull, this equals an actual successrate of 45,2%.

Its to early to draw any conclusions but so far it seems that im either being a little lucky(higher actual succesrate than calculated successrate) or really screwed, if luck is working as being suggesting i should have a bonus of around 60%!! for completing medium quests. Taking into consideration the cap of 80% my average succesrate on medium quests with luck bonus should be 78,8.

I will continue my experimentation for 20-30 quests more before i conclude anything.

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 05-09-2008 13:20.

05-09-2008 13:18 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

nope, it is not per 1 point of luck, it is per 5. So if you would have 30 luck, you would have a bonus of 18/12/6% chance for questing...

05-09-2008 13:21 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
dooz
Viking

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

lol ok, so i completely misunderstood. I guess you guys can ignore most of my initial post then Wink

05-09-2008 13:24 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HL

Noted. But keep up the testing - cos I think a lot of people on the server have doubts about whether luck is effective or not, & it would be very interesting to find out if you came up with any interesting results... not to mention juicy items - let me know if you find a Heavy Crossbow of Reaction. Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
05-09-2008 13:44 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: TDK

can be merged but can't be hold (composite bow of reaction on +4 are already hard on requirements with 41 intel and 46 wisdom which is hard to have without taking ofthe elvish jacket or the elvish short of rogue on level 47)
05-09-2008 14:56 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
VonBudde

Thread Starter Thread Started by VonBudde

With premium account, You can easily check how much +LUCK is effecting, since game shows percentages for each quest.

In additional, +LUCK could also increase Your chance of success while upgrading items in Well of Souls.
05-12-2008 05:07 VonBudde is offline Search for Posts by VonBudde Add VonBudde to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

quote:
Originally posted by VonBuddeIn additional, +LUCK could also increase Your chance of success while upgrading items in Well of Souls.
Luck doesnt affect upgrading.

05-12-2008 11:04 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007

yeah but it would be nice if it could Wink

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
05-12-2008 12:53 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

quote:
Originally posted by VonBudde
With premium account, You can easily check how much +LUCK is effecting, since game shows percentages for each quest.

In additional, +LUCK could also increase Your chance of success while upgrading items in Well of Souls.

You don't need premium for this. Simply fill this out --> Quest calculator and it tells you your quest percentage Wink

05-12-2008 17:06 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Cthulhu
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by scillage
quote:
Originally posted by VonBudde

You don't need premium for this. Simply fill this out --> Quest calculator and it tells you your quest percentage Wink

Hmm, ok, but I can get stats of 90% for all easy quests without any luck equipped - I can also get that with luck equipped... I know 90% is the max chance - but then what's the point of the luck bonus then??

If it doesn't help me find better items, and my max chance of succeeding the quest is 90% with or without it; then it becomes redundant once you can get the max on any quest! Mad Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 05-12-2008 18:08.

05-12-2008 18:08 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

I must say that im beginning to feel that luck is a bit useless, with my normal questing gear i can get a better % at medium quests than with luck items. And since luck supposedly don't increase item(quality) finds its useless in my eyes.

05-12-2008 19:08 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

Luck also increases your chance of a critical, in an undefined way...

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
05-12-2008 22:47 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by theheraldofogc
Luck also increases your chance of a critical, in an undefined way...

Huh? That's the first I've heard of that - really?
What do you mean "in an undefined way" - it's not stated anywhere but it just does?

Herald, are you trying to start a Blood Wars myth! Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
05-13-2008 08:52 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
diablo

Its not a myth. It has been discussed so many times. Admins proved that luck increases your chances to score a critical hit but they don't want to say how much. On quests luck increases the chances to find prefixed and suffixed items.

05-13-2008 09:49 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

quote:
On quests luck increases the chances to find prefixed and suffixed items.

Hold on a minute!

This was posted by Scillage on another thread:

quote:
Also I do not believe that luck affects the chance to find better/rarer items in quests, however if you have lots of luck then I suppose if you found an amazing item from then on you would always wear luck in quests, as you would think it was down to the extra luck

From thread - here

Can we get some continuity here?

I accept the crit-hit advantage, if you say the mods have proved it, although would like to read the thread it was in.

But if we all keep saying different things, these conversations are gonna keep going around in circles everytime someone else asks the same question.

Mods - can we either have a sticky thread in the Mismash or Words of Advice - which ever it fits in best - that expalins the point & advantages of luck on the Underworld server.

Or, can we please get the tutorial updated that people can get directed to for the right information without having a whole bunch of threads on the boards covering the same subject?

(not wanting to tell you how to do your job - please don't ban me Tongue )

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
05-13-2008 13:58 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

Way way way! Read my post.

quote:
Also ***I*** do not believe...

Personally I like to think that it is not a beneficial thing, maybe just because I can't be bothered to equip questing gear with luck bonus's. I think I will keep out of conversations because my posts are getting misinterperated...

05-13-2008 15:40 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
diablo

I can only say what I heard before.
From my own experience luck does help finding affixed items. I've tried on easy quests and with 30+ luck you are lucky Smile
Last time I found a Bracelet of Luck.

05-13-2008 16:31 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

Lol, with luck you found a bracelet of luck so you are lucky Wink That is wierd Tongue Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't.

05-13-2008 17:39 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Any chance a Dev could clear this up?

05-13-2008 17:42 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Cthulhu
Viking

quote:
I think I will keep out of conversations because my posts are getting misinterperated

Sorry dude - didn't mean to lay blame at your feet - was just using your post as an example. Big Grin

As I suggested / hinted at, I think a better explanation on the tutorial would be more beneficial; eg -
quote:
Your chance of successful quests depends on:
charater's level
tested parameter (related to experience level)
luck

As you can see, this blatantly says your chance of success is increased; NOT how much it is increased by, or that you will find better items.

So does anyone know for a FACT that it does? Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
05-13-2008 17:44 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
VonBudde

Thread Starter Thread Started by VonBudde

Szeszej says

But, this thread supposed to be about what +luck could do, not what it might or might not do at the moment. Smile
05-14-2008 05:51 VonBudde is offline Search for Posts by VonBudde Add VonBudde to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » What +LUCK could do?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH