Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Lack of Sieges... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Lack of Sieges... 14 Votes - Average Rating: 2.2914 Votes - Average Rating: 2.2914 Votes - Average Rating: 2.2914 Votes - Average Rating: 2.29
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Serious

Registration Date: 07-17-2010

Lack of Sieges... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1 there aren't many
2 the ones that are done are almost inevitably arranged swaps or against dead accounts/into empty spaces.

That makes the game rather more dull than it should be and the present Clan system seems to be a real issue in this. Clan leaders are very reluctant to hit other clans. Why?

Because the individual Clans don't stand alone, they have formed alliances. That means you might attack a weaker clan and have it's big buddies dump all forms of hell on you. Chances are your clan might, through others, be unknowingly an ally of the one you are besieging!

Problem is there aren't really many ways to cure this, unless you make some squares vastly more worthwhile than others and randomly change which ones get benefit. That isn't a good idea as it will simply make the biggest clan even better to be in.

The only real alternative is to smash the Clan system, have no Clans at all. Unfortunately I and everyone else likes the Clans almost as they are. You didn't really believe I thought this was an option?

So movement between sites isn't going to get any better in the near future and it's not worth complaining about cause the Developers are as stuck on this as everyone else.

So, bad news out the way, how about something different. An Arena? An area where Clans can enter and be pitted against a randomly selected opponent? The numbers would have to be limited due to the low average guild size, 10 per side?

Yes, it's been done in other games, but it would be new here.

A guild would not be entered unless at least half of it's membership has applied. Then the actual selection of players would be made randomly with some attempt to balance the two teams points. That might help stop 'cherry picking' the best from your guild. The system would register the equipment you are wearing and when the contest happens you would automatically be switched to that, and back again afterwards. In the mean time you would be able to use it but not sell, destroy or auction items. Blood for arcana would be removed so you can't accidentally use it.

As Guilds don't know who they will be facing and squares aren't at risk the Alliances are unlikely to be an issue. Nobody would lose PoH but the winners would gain according to the level of the opposition and their success rate. XP, Blood and Lgo would also be prizes according to the difference in team levels. The system working rather like Ambushes do.

This might end up in a Clan league table. and could be expanded so that three or more clans could fight against each other.

/dives for cover

edited for clarity

quote:
Originally posted by Apollo

You do realise this is just an internet game right?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Serious: 07-24-2010 13:02.

07-24-2010 12:59 Serious is offline Search for Posts by Serious Add Serious to your Buddy List
blackcat
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Registration Date: 05-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: end

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

topic has been discussed numerous time about lack of sieges can sense a warning for this

archimage on underworld riddler on necro
07-24-2010 13:14 blackcat is offline Search for Posts by blackcat Add blackcat to your Buddy List
Orem
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-699.jpg

Registration Date: 04-18-2010

RE: Lack of Sieges... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Serious

The only real alternative is to smash the Clan system, have no Clans at all.

WHAT? What about expos? Randomly opponents? So, if a lvl 25 enter the arena he can get an mob as strong as The Anubis?
Well, I liked the idea of the arena, and different monsters, but no clans? What? That would destroy the whole game system my friend.

07-24-2010 13:16 Orem is offline Search for Posts by Orem Add Orem to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Orem
Orem
Double Ace

RE: Lack of Sieges... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

sorry, wanted to edit last post.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Orem: 07-24-2010 13:18.

07-24-2010 13:17 Orem is offline Search for Posts by Orem Add Orem to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Orem
jamess36362
Viking

Registration Date: 03-16-2008

serious! seriously are u serious? Tongue
the sieeg system been talked about numerous times, if ou want sieges then make em happen, the introduction of the poh system via attacks and buildings may have stopped ppl wanting siegs, but i see alot of ppl moan about them. why not make a clan fo poh sieges? or actually do soemthing about the problems u face rarher than hoping for the devs to do soemthing.
the devs neertook sieges away, the attitudes of the players did... they are content with no system...

no way can u stop clan system. thats a stupid idea. as for arena thas silly aswell, expo is lke arena. if you wan't arena then beg the devs to make one where u can get poh, i think thi was disscussed before.
07-24-2010 13:46 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think there was supposed to be some kind of battle type arena system put in place but more along the lines of a mini-siege....I think. Ah here it is:

"Coming soon:

tournament with valuable prizes
sector events allowing you to fight with wandering monsters"

So it's coming...eventually.

Taking out clans would completely destroy game dynamics. How many people on their own could build up there squares? I know I couldn't do it without the help of a clan armory. And we'd never get expo badges. We would also have to wait a lot longer to do any kind of task siege on our own squares. And, doing all the pilgramages without getting help from a clan armory. One would have to make multiple gear sets for EACH stat. Alone. Even entertaining the thought is silly.

And as others have said:
-this idea has been discussed MULTIPLE times.
-if you want a siege, force one. Ask around. I'm sure there's clans that want to siege.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

07-24-2010 14:04 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Serious

Thread Starter Thread Started by Serious

quote:
Originally posted by blackcat
topic has been discussed numerous time about lack of sieges can sense a warning for this

As I pointed out nothing much can be done about it. I was using it as an opener, not a subject in itself.

quote:
Originally posted by Orem
quote:

The only real alternative is to smash the Clan system, have no Clans at all.

WHAT? What about expos? Randomly opponents? So, if a lvl 25 enter the arena he can get an mob as strong as The Anubis?
Well, I liked the idea of the arena, and different monsters, but no clans? What? That would destroy the whole game system my friend.

Helps to read the rest of the paragraph. I most certainly don't want the Clan system dropped.

quote:

Unfortunately I and everyone else likes the Clans almost as they are. You didn't really believe I thought this was an option?

As Lysandra says getting rid of the Clans is a very bad idea - and I agree.

BTW, thanks for pointing out that this is one thing they are actually going to be doing already.

Unfortunately I can't force one, the first act my Clan Leader would do is abandon it, and warn me, if I'm lucky. The second, if I tried again, would be to quite rightly kick me for disobeying.

There are quite a few people in Zone 4 that want to attempt to move to 3 but the Clan Leaders say no. You can't do anything about that.

edited to fix quote

quote:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Serious: 07-24-2010 14:48.

07-24-2010 14:48 Serious is offline Search for Posts by Serious Add Serious to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

Oh my christ, what is this? a one man army attempt to revamp the whole game?

Design your own, or cope with this, or bring some real well thought out suggestions to the board.

07-24-2010 16:34 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Serious

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC
Oh my christ, what is this? a one man army attempt to revamp the whole game?

And why not? Because you are satisfied with what's there?

The game does need a revamp, otherwise perhaps they should just drop Act 3?

There is a good base game here, but that doesn't mean it can't be improved on. A lot of my suggestions might be already on the way, or they might not! I'm just trying to give them a push.

You have a choice, if you prefer just don't bother reading my threads, I don't mind if you decide not to. All I ask is that, if you do read them, you do so with an open mind, not an entrenched one.

quote:

07-24-2010 16:44 Serious is offline Search for Posts by Serious Add Serious to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

quote:
The game does need a revamp

[CITATION NEEDED]

Jesus these things should come with the label 'in my humble opinion'

I hear you are what, level 30? [sorry correct me if i am mistaken and you are more experienced than i took you for.]
So where are all these daft opinions coming from? please do not try to speak for the whole server. Yes seiges are a little thinner on the ground, and it is a controversial topic. But many players like the poh patch, and live without seiges. Its controversial and maybe 50% of people do want seiges back, but 50% dont, and the admins wont change the server if opinion is split.

Jesus... removing clans...

Anyway my friend, i am sorry for being so harsh and overly critical, but to power out all these suggestions just loses credibility. If players support your suggestions then fair cop, but it seems the most of them are just not 100% thought through.

Oh also read upcoming changes. There is a similar idea to one of yours somewhere. Sorry to be vague, but this way you will read more and educate thine self to hopefully a suitable level IMHO.

07-24-2010 17:03 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Orem
Double Ace

Serious, I appreciate what you are doing for the game, you are giving Ideas to improve it, but, actually, most of what you are saying was discussed before.
Although it was discussed before, I think it is always nice to have new ideas, I actually think that the idea of the Arena is nice, it could be an option for the Act III, where you would fight completely different Monsters, or even another Vampires ( not players ) extremely stronger than you ( like an expo ).
btw, what's you In Game Name Serious?

07-24-2010 17:16 Orem is offline Search for Posts by Orem Add Orem to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Orem
Lysandra
Viking

@ Serious: About the clan leader not wanting to risk a siege...switch clans. As a former clan leader, if my clan wanted to siege, we would find someone to siege. And I didn't give a crud if someone started a siege against someone, as long as they asked the other clan first.

Right now, there's two sieges going on in END. And we just had a siege yesterday. Yes, they're mostly swaps but there are a few that aren't.

In general:

I'll be the first to admit, some things can be improved in game. Sieges aren't one of them. Sieges are there and they're run by players. If the players don't want to risk it, the devs can't do anything about it. Clans also aren't one of them, the clan system is fine. They just have to add more clan tasks (potentially).

The one major thing I see that has to be re-worked is expos. There's not enough monsters to support a server size larger than 5000 active players. Monsters are gone by the 7th of the month or the 21st. Regen costs are still insane compared to what an average vampire can gain in a day. (8 attacks * 10K people = 80K people. Regen for golem is now 97K. A person might be able to do it if they have good targets and they're on premium. I'm using 10K because since I started attacking again, that's all I've been getting on average)

The other thing I see that's an issue is the percentage taken from your people when you get attacked. Someone was kind enough to give me some people which brought me up to 150K. Within two attacks, I was down to 94K. Compared to blood at 130K L down to 115K L. (and no, I don't still have all those people, so don't think of attacking me.)

People are THE single most used resource: spying, buildings, regen, expos, sacrifice for graveyard in Z2, technically tasks (since buildings are a requirement for some) and all their costs are high. The percentage taken should be lowered a bit, it gives players a fighting chance. And it might actually help with the expo monster issue since we would get to keep a bit more. The other two resources have a reasonable percent take when balanced against what we use it for. People don't have a reasonable percentage. I think the main reason some of the highest level players aren't suffering is because their squares are basically built so they don't have to use them there. (which is a lot saved when you consider the building costs)

.../people rant...lol.

Everything else is simple asthetics. And they must be doing something because my quest, training, message and ambush tables went screwy today....lol. (I have proof if anyone wants to see it...lol)

quote:

07-24-2010 22:08 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS exLead

As Lysandra said it's not about sieges. They are still here, every clan can do them if they want.
As for the expeditions I completely agree with you that there is need for some change from developer's side. The amount of monster is insufficient even to our needs not to mention if there would be more active players.
As for the people I agree too. 30% is pretty much and its hardly compensated by production of Employment agency even though their production rate was increased. It's simply not enough to cover the need for upgrading of buildings and so also for expeditions.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
07-24-2010 22:14 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
As Lysandra said it's not about sieges. They are still here, every clan can do them if they want.
As for the expeditions I completely agree with you that there is need for some change from developer's side. The amount of monster is insufficient even to our needs not to mention if there would be more active players.
As for the people I agree too. 30% is pretty much and its hardly compensated by production of Employment agency even though their production rate was increased. It's simply not enough to cover the need for upgrading of buildings and so also for expeditions.

I actually agree with allMortis says and hope the devs start reading the forums bit more if they get some time

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
07-24-2010 23:28 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Serious

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY..

I have already said it's not about sieges. You just can't improve that area directly without damaging the game.

The clan system isn't going to change, and it would be very bad if it did. How many times do I have to repeat this?

I'm in Zone 5 and not going to be moving for some time, the area is very lucrative for me. what I was suggesting was an alternative to normal Sieges, which it seems is already being planned.

Orem, at least I have kicked some life into this forum. To paraphrase a Terry Pratchett book, 'If not me then who else?' Sometimes old ideas need a bump, cause they just might end up giving others ideas about them, or even something entirely different.

quote:
Originally posted by Lysandra

The one major thing I see that has to be re-worked is expos. There's not enough monsters to support a server size larger than 5000 active players.

I very much doubt that we have 5,000 active players, more likely it's under 4,000. There are 17972 accounts on the server. The first player with more than 1 point is at 2904. Unless it takes a very long time to get that first point then almost all of those 15,068 with one point are dead. There might even be less than 3,000 active players. At the moment I'm on 17 points and still wading through a lot of dead accounts, and some dead Clans too. There are so many dead accounts I haven't had to even think of hitting a live one yet.

Unfortunately even for 3,000 players the number of monsters is very low. It needs increasing again at least. If we did have 5,000 active players then it would be a nightmare.

I also agree that people and blood loss during an attack should be on the same percentage.

quote:

07-25-2010 07:07 Serious is offline Search for Posts by Serious Add Serious to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

quote:

quote:

The one major thing I see that has to be re-worked is expos. There's not enough monsters to support a server size larger than 5000 active players.

I very much doubt that we have 5,000 active players, more likely it's under 4,000. There are 17972 accounts on the server. The first player with more than 1 point is at 2904. Unless it takes a very long time to get that first point then almost all of those 15,068 with one point are dead. There might even be less than 3,000 active players. At the moment I'm on 17 points and still wading through a lot of dead accounts, and some dead Clans too. There are so many dead accounts I haven't had to even think of hitting a live one yet.

Unfortunately even for 3,000 players the number of monsters is very low. It needs increasing again at least. If we did have 5,000 active players then it would be a nightmare.

I also agree that people and blood loss during an attack should be on the same percentage.

I was being generous with the 5,000...lol. I haven't offically attacked anyone for the better part of a year (I think) so I hadn't been able to notice all the dead accounts. Since I started attacking again yesterday, I've seen a ton.

The percentage thing is an easy change, just a number change. Just dropping people down from 30% to even 20% would make a difference.

Maybe it'll be one of the adjustments in Act 3. We can only wait and hope.

quote:

07-25-2010 20:06 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Serious

quote:

I was being generous with the 5,000...lol. I haven't offically attacked anyone for the better part of a year (I think) so I hadn't been able to notice all the dead accounts. Since I started attacking again yesterday, I've seen a ton.

Some of the accounts I have ambushed gave me 200-300,000 Lgo in one hit meaning they haven't been attacked in some time. Most of the earliest ones were still bare hands or just a single one handed weapon. I have 22 accounts I've attacked listed in my messages, all of which are dead. That doesn't include the very few real tough ones I've attacked in my saved mail.

quote:

07-27-2010 09:53 Serious is offline Search for Posts by Serious Add Serious to your Buddy List
Waaaaaaaaambulance

Registration Date: 07-04-2010

congratz your in Z5 and are low level, gathering resources at your level is ridiculously easy, try being lvl 70+ and in z3, you will be hit and hit often, what little resources you can grab in a day for your plans can instantly be scuppered by one person.

eg. gold dragon costs 85k people to resurrect, i get say 5-10k people per attack if i plan it well which puts me around 120k people on a good day if i use all my attacks....

it takes say 2-3 people hitting me just once each and i can no longer afford an expo that i will get pop for doing.

in z5 you can get hit what once every 2 hours for the lowest amount of exp, in z3 i can get hit every hour for far better xp.

my point being its very easy to hoard resources in z5 compared to elsewhere so your experiences really are not comparable to the rest of the server, not to mention you have access to far more dead accounts at a lower level than the rest of us.

oh and one more thing no-ones complaining about lgo its the lack of people thats the issue.

07-27-2010 10:19 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
Noumenon

Registration Date: 01-11-2010

Serious I believe you are missing the point. I've played the higher end of the game, and am now storming through the lower end again, because i've restarted completely. But the point is there are systems that need fixing, to progress at higher ranks, unless you ARE the best is very difficult, because you regularly get hit for resources, especially in Zone 3 and even Z2 where the experience is much greater. As Wa(add extra a's)bulance stated.

Now then, when you do the mathematics and see the percentage of people that get taken in an ambush when comparedto the amoutn generated by that player you'll see an imbalance, yes a couple of higher ranking players will do well and have plenty. But for most people it's a struggle, now in Z5 it isn't. I didn't struggle, I hoarded resources... I still am... as soon as I move they will be taken from e by higher lvel players, that's how this games economy works

As for a lack of sieges overall... start some. Most of this has been discussed ocuntless times, and yes we know things could be better. But it' like money, they fix something (Earn money) and you want more. It's never enough.

And wash away my innocence and fear
07-28-2010 00:00 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
Serious

I do get a number of complaints from higher up as to how hard levels 3 and above are. It is fairly obvious that the area is pretty much full whereas most of 4 is still empty and 5 is, to a large extent, dead.

Perhaps you should be able to bank towards something rather than just stand around and get hit, or at least have the maximum losses set at a more reasonable level.

At the moment you can bank money as junk, and the system protects that, why not other resources?

Edited for Clarity

quote:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Serious: 07-28-2010 01:19.

07-28-2010 01:18 Serious is offline Search for Posts by Serious Add Serious to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Clan: LGN

can i just say that thing about sector events and facing wandering monsters yadda yadda yadda

thats been there since the game was released and its already happened, that was the day the dragons came to play with us Smile

the wandering monsters = expos and as far as im gussing sector events is some form of mistranslated clan event

IGN: acidic shots
07-28-2010 02:53 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

well it looks like since diablo (the lawman) left there will be war and trust me serious you will hate it

and from what i understand there looking to destroy sqaures not just take them.

so war is coming are you ready?
07-28-2010 09:28 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Clan: LGN

yea ive heard there looking to destory them as well

i fail to see sence or reason behind any of it but hey, theres not a huge deal we can do

IGN: acidic shots
07-28-2010 11:06 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Serious

There is always war in this game, that is the whole point of it. It reminds me of a Star Trek Next Generation episode where two warring factions were placed on a planet with nanites that constantly repaired their bodies. True death was impossible while the war was never ending.

Got 20 days of premium left before I need to consider renewal, at the moment I'm being fairly negative about that.

It certainly isn't the people playing the game, but the game itself. The only reason I'm still playing at the moment is the people in my Clan.

You do some quests, attack some people do an expo, have a check on the Auctions and that's usually about it.

The game play feels like something I tried way back in 1985, although without other people. Some areas look tacked on, and while they may work they aren't exactly the best option by a long way.

If I go I'll keep the money in Junk, give the clan a chance to clear out the resources and then leave it with empty hands.

quote:

07-28-2010 11:18 Serious is offline Search for Posts by Serious Add Serious to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

quote:
Originally posted by demonfury v2

i fail to see sence or reason behind any of it but hey, theres not a huge deal we can do

There's plenty we can do Wink and plenty we will do Smile
It seems that Serious you may get your wish for more seiges very soon, shame its out of malice and not through organisation...

07-28-2010 12:18 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
MYRKUL

Registration Date: 04-25-2009
Clan: BoS

quote:

There's a perfectly logical reason to siege every Z1/Z2/Z3 square your clan doesn't own to destroy them, it means that in time you have the only squares able to generate POH and only you can afford to ressurect monsters and hence do expos once the "free" reset monsters have been depleted. Also while keeping the ressurect costs to a minimum.

And whilst I agree that things need to change, I do NOT believe this is the way to do it. People would simply leave the game in droves if all that happened when you tried to improve a square was that it was taken off you and destroyed. This would quickly become a server with no more than a few dozen players, as what would be the point in playing & progressing??

And that wouldn't be good for anyone.
07-28-2010 13:01 MYRKUL is offline Search for Posts by MYRKUL Add MYRKUL to your Buddy List
Waaaaaaaaambulance

Half the seige problem is to do with the community and the fact that they are never ever happy with anything, someone always has to whine about something. "Waaa theres no seiges this game is boring, bring back the seiges"... etc etc, swiftly followed by "Waaaa someones trying to take my square".

You guys were crying that there were no seiges and now it looks like theres gonna be a hell of a lot of them. But because they're not friendly pointless seiges and you have something to lose your just gonna whine again. Quite frankly this could be a blessing in disguise showing you just how good you've had it.

07-28-2010 14:46 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

quote:
Originally posted by Waaaaaaaaambulance
Half the seige problem is to do with the community and the fact that they are never ever happy with anything, someone always has to whine about something. "Waaa theres no seiges this game is boring, bring back the seiges"... etc etc, swiftly followed by "Waaaa someones trying to take my square".

You guys were crying that there were no seiges and now it looks like theres gonna be a hell of a lot of them. But because they're not friendly pointless seiges and you have something to lose your just gonna whine again. Quite frankly this could be a blessing in disguise showing you just how good you've had it.

spot on. I feel people only dont have seiges because whats the point. we have a decent poh stash from squares and attacks so why risk losing any in a seige?

Rage at this bloody war. Why disturb the good times?!

07-28-2010 14:51 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Serious

quote:
quote:

There's plenty we can do Wink and plenty we will do Smile
It seems that Serious you may get your wish for more seiges very soon, shame its out of malice and not through organisation...

The difference is I wasn't complaining for myself but for the benefit of others. To an extent the game is stagnating. My preference is to improve game play for everyone, not destroy something that has taken a lot of effort to produce.

The present action isn't the way to achieve change and can only damage the game and those playing.

I can see the probability of some accounts getting banned. My alliance is already taking action to limit or negate damage, hopefully that will work.

quote:

07-28-2010 22:51 Serious is offline Search for Posts by Serious Add Serious to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

quote:

People are complaining about the current mass sieges now because the intention is to destroy all but 12 Z3 squares, 1 Z2 and the Z1. If that happens, the server will be absolutely CRIPPLED.
Do you understand what crippled means? It means NO expos for anyone outside of A_N. It means no growth for anyone outside of A_N. It means that the server and the game is completely and utterly destroyed. Even if someone sieges an empty Z3 to tries to rebuild it, do you think they'll get far? No, they won't.
If A_N's intention is to make it so they have the only PoH gaining squares on the whole server, it leaves everyone else out of luck. Which will then cause droves of players to leave and thus kill the game.

quote:

07-28-2010 23:14 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Serious

quote:
quote:

spot on. I feel people only dont have seiges because whats the point. we have a decent poh stash from squares and attacks so why risk losing any in a seige?

I don't like it any more than you do but good times for who? You or them?

Those who don't have the advantage are going to get irritated by those who do, that is just part of being human. Eventually it boils over and you get a nasty incident.

That's partly why I mentioned it at the beginning, it was fairly obvious there was quite a few disgruntled people out there. People who didn't have what they saw as the advantages of a higher zone.

quote:

07-28-2010 23:19 Serious is offline Search for Posts by Serious Add Serious to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

quote:
quote:
quote:

Those who don't have the advantage are going to get irritated by those who do, that is just part of being human. Eventually it boils over and you get a nasty incident.

That's partly why I mentioned it at the beginning, it was fairly obvious there was quite a few disgruntled people out there. People who didn't have what they saw as the advantages of a higher zone.

you want your sieges...well you got em... if you were bigger you would understand the severity of losing a square.... most peoples squares have been slowly build for over 3 years like the one im sat in... diablos z2....

the server has the power to take that clan but it would mean destroying squares to fit people into the clan to take them back....

if this clan is allowed to go ahead the game will be dead.

EDIT

im not trying to be nasty but to me and alot of others you seem like the person that plays a game for 20 mins and thinks he knows best..... When you put time and effort into something only for it to be taken away by someone on a power trip thats bored it pisses you off.... that is whats going to happen.... this goes ahead people like you will actually have a chance of getting into the top 10 in the next year as so many people will delete

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Paranoia: 07-28-2010 23:44.

07-28-2010 23:41 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

quote:
People are complaining about the current mass sieges now because the intention is to destroy all but 12 Z3 squares, 1 Z2 and the Z1. If that happens, the server will be absolutely CRIPPLED.
Do you understand what crippled means? It means NO expos for anyone outside of A_N. It means no growth for anyone outside of A_N. It means that the server and the game is completely and utterly destroyed. Even if someone sieges an empty Z3 to tries to rebuild it, do you think they'll get far? No, they won't.
If A_N's intention is to make it so they have the only PoH gaining squares on the whole server, it leaves everyone else out of luck. Which will then cause droves of players to leave and thus kill the game.

Agree 100% Lys, which is why we must and will act now resisitance will be provided we aren't letting them ruin this server without a damn good fight Mad What gets me is the people like Bea and ICreed who other people have helped throughout the last few years and just because they're bored they choose to side with them, its ridiculous and selfish IMO...

07-28-2010 23:47 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

I find it jsut bad, this one act could destroy the whole server.

If we react and take/destroy the Z1 then all work BOS and anyone who helped has done will be ruined, the church for instance is something that must have took weeks to build, and may just be gone in 1 day.

My biggest surprise was Cez though, he destroyed what was a good and respected clan (DB) to join them. I was shocked.

BOS + DB destroyedish by the making of one clan.

i want the sieges, but not the destroying of a server so 1 clan can get all the expo mobs to themselves.

Im begging Devs to do something or they may lose a lot of players on this server.

07-28-2010 23:54 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

Foxy the devs won't do anything! They have actually done nothing against the rules of the game just against the ethics and morals of our players, apparently things like this happen all the time on PL they see our server as the peacful one O.o

07-28-2010 23:58 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

quote:
Foxy the devs won't do anything! They have actually done nothing against the rules of the game just against the ethics and morals of our players, apparently things like this happen all the time on PL they see our server as the peacful one O.o

my bad, i ment to say as in bring more mobs etc.

thats main reason this is happening

07-29-2010 00:01 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
warlock619
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-19-2008

quote:
quote:

Agree 100% Lys, which is why we must and will act now resisitance will be provided we aren't letting them ruin this server without a damn good fight Mad What gets me is the people like Bea and ICreed who other people have helped throughout the last few years and just because they're bored they choose to side with them, its ridiculous and selfish IMO...

As Mortis said we will need some sort of Superclan though. Although only 13 of the Top 50 are in A_N, surely if the other 37 joined together they can take them?Smile

All auctions are 24 hour, no 5 minute rule.

Bring these to the dark side..we have COOKIES

IGN:
UW: Warlock_619 Not a Cultist.
Necro: warlock619
07-29-2010 00:43 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
Serious

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia
quote:

you want your sieges...well you got em... if you were bigger you would understand the severity of losing a square.... most peoples squares have been slowly build for over 3 years like the one im sat in... diablos z2....

the server has the power to take that clan but it would mean destroying squares to fit people into the clan to take them back....

if this clan is allowed to go ahead the game will be dead.

EDIT

im not trying to be nasty but to me and alot of others you seem like the person that plays a game for 20 mins and thinks he knows best..... When you put time and effort into something only for it to be taken away by someone on a power trip thats bored it pisses you off.... that is whats going to happen.... this goes ahead people like you will actually have a chance of getting into the top 10 in the next year as so many people will delete

I know you aren't being nasty mate, but neither am I. I certainly knew something was about to happen. I didn't know it would be quite on this scale though, or cause such pain to people.

Due to my training and skills I am able to quickly spot items that come up as issues. I have helped several far more experienced members of my guild by giving advice on subjects when they asked for an opinion. Before my hands and back went with early onset osteo-arthritis I was heading for a very nice business management position.

Think of Sir John Harvey-Jones in The Troubleshooter series, although at a much lower level.

I've also played many other games I could mention, but won't. My experience from those does apply to this one too. I can see where they are better and where this one is.

Just think, in ancient times I would be declared a prophet and probably be stoned to death. I think that's a bit worse than a bit of barracking on a forum Wink

Edited to fix quotes.

quote:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Serious: 07-29-2010 01:13.

07-29-2010 01:12 Serious is offline Search for Posts by Serious Add Serious to your Buddy List
Philly
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-935.gif

Registration Date: 09-08-2008
Clan: BoS

quote:

i can see that happening, alright. completely agree, would be interesting for sieges to be brought back in somehow, but not like this :'(

07-29-2010 04:03 Philly is offline Search for Posts by Philly Add Philly to your Buddy List
Waaaaaaaaambulance

quote:
quote:

You seem to have missed my point entirely, so i'll try to speak a little slower here for you.

Its a blessing as those whiney little gentle caresses who will moan about everything might finally grow the hell up and become a decent part of the community rather than the selfish little women of the night they are screaming for everything to be changed as and when it suits them.

Clearer?

My square is under as much threat as anyone elses in z3/z2 and i am well aware of the implications. That being said its a perfectly valid tactic and when implimented on other servers they have survived. If you give up without trying then the server will die, but there are other ways to get poh (we can ambush and poh seige one another in the worst case scenario) so no the server wont be crippled, we will be crippled but the server could potentially live on.

And to address the point about the developers they wont care if this server dies, its the smallest server they run, thus its the smallest cash cow they have and probably more of a drain on their resources than anything (its for this reason we dont get new servers as its not worth them implimenting one here as they can get more money for it elsewhere, its for this reason they ignore us and we get patches last).

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Waaaaaaaaambulance: 07-29-2010 11:08.

07-29-2010 09:19 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Lack of Sieges...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH