Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » So Much Impractical gear » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page So Much Impractical gear
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lightlord

Registration Date: 08-01-2010

So Much Impractical gear Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi everyone. Im a noob to this game, but a veteran of many. I just wanted to include my 2 cents about what a fresh set of eyes has observed so far.

Most of you veteran die hard players have adapted to the game in its present form and reject changesor different ideas...mostly because you payed your dues to get where you are at and endured all the shortcomings and still excelled.

Overall I really enjoy this game, There are too few post-apocalyptic games. I like rpgs with guns Smile

Now for the complaints...

Whats with the equipment/weapons/gear? It appears over 50% or more is worthless. Why? The level requirements are too high for the type of wpn/gear it is, when there are far more better items out there to use instead. Or some of the items has one insane requirement for use..like 70+ appearance. This make using the item impractical for the gain it gives.

I personaly think alot of the gear needs a realistic overhaul on requirements to concide with the gain it gives. or just take it out the system!

Thanks for letting me vent...

LL
08-04-2010 23:33 Lightlord is offline Search for Posts by Lightlord Add Lightlord to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote taken from the tutorial.

quote:
Option - Merge items

Lets you merge two different items of the same type (i.e. helmets, guns 1h etc.) and create new item.

Merging basic types of items

If you merge two IDENTICAL items, i.e. Cap (+1) + Cap (+1), then you'll get the same item, but 1 level of quality better, in this example it would be Cap (+2).

If items differ in quality, then quality of new item will be equal to lesser quality + 1, i.e. Cap (+10) + Cap (+Cool = Cap (+9).

If you merge two items with different quality, i.e. hard hat (+1) + helmet (+5), the result is another item with quality equal to the item of with lesser quality, in this case result would be mask (+1).

Merging prefixes and suffixes

While merging items, prefix or suffix may change. Neither Prefix nor suffix affects quality of items.

If one of the items doesn't have prefix or suffix and the other does, then the result of merging will be deprived of that trait.

In case of both items having prefix the result is an item with prefix. The same applies to suffixes.

Cost of merging

Cost of merging items is equal to total value of mana and nanites needed to create merged items. To merge items, mergestone is needed and it's absorbed during the process.

you merge crap items with a not so crap item to get better items Wink

that and a requirement of 70 appearance isnt that high when you get higher in the game.

also read the easiness bit in the tutorial

quote:
Easiness bonus

Additionally, every char in the II Act with level higher than 60 gains 1% easiness for every 2 levels beyond 60, and 1% easiness for every 1 level beyond level 70.

that affects the requirements of items ..... say the item has a level requirement of 100.... 1% easiness would allow that item to be use at lvl 99... and so on and so forth....

but yes i agree there is alot of crap on the game but it can ALL be used more or less to achieve your goals

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

08-04-2010 23:42 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
npc
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-717.jpg

Registration Date: 03-19-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

after joined clan, try playing few month.
you'll see that gear impossible or not.

and there are easiness item to reduce requirement
(if you an absorber it could be more reduced).

you'll enjoy this game when you meet expo and badge.

are you playing in underworld or necropolis?

npc son's name : cpu

08-04-2010 23:44 npc is offline Homepage of npc Search for Posts by npc Add npc to your Buddy List Add npc to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of npc: no-reply@aol.com YIM Account Name of npc: no-reply@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for npc
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: CUBS

RE: So Much Impractical gear Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Lightlord
Whats with the equipment/weapons/gear? It appears over 50% or more is worthless. Why? The level requirements are too high for the type of wpn/gear it is, when there are far more better items out there to use instead. Or some of the items has one insane requirement for use..like 70+ appearance. This make using the item impractical for the gain it gives.

Someone has to use them. Look on tge UK Moria/Underworld type server. 18k people play, and yet people still insist on buying shirts of guard from the auction. Plus that 50% crap items can be used as decent merge material for the so-called "decent" item.
You'll find when getting deeper into this game's true mechanics, you'll find that the items that are good, are way overpriced.

I've started to vent too...shouldve saved that for the screaming room Frown

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by franz: 08-05-2010 00:06.

08-05-2010 00:03 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Lightlord

Thread Starter Thread Started by Lightlord

Well I do understand what your quoting..but that doesnt work on Necropolis.

Just the same if I was on underworld... I not refering to when I make ACT2 or anywhere close to that. Im refering to what I will be spending the next 6 months or 1-2 years trying to get to act 2.

I do see your point about merging in underworld..so some of the less desirable stuff has a purpose after all. I have no idea about the formulas to get there, but I guess thats a learning curve thing.

Thanks

LL
08-05-2010 05:27 Lightlord is offline Search for Posts by Lightlord Add Lightlord to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Clan: CUBS

Here's a merge list of all the prefixes and suffixes that can be merged to make a new item:

Merge List

It does take a while to get to act 2, but try and complete pilgrimages before your even close to level 50. Join a clan and get to level 25 so they can give you good gear in the clan armoury. Also find a decent zone four square. You get more experience from quests. Tasks are pointless to complete until you start meeting the requirements for tattoos in my opinion. If you need a good pop boost, expos and tasks are good for that.

08-05-2010 07:31 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Lightlord

Thread Starter Thread Started by Lightlord

Ok will give it a shot. Tyvm for the merge list Smile

LL
08-05-2010 09:13 Lightlord is offline Search for Posts by Lightlord Add Lightlord to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Clan: LGN

getting to act 2 isnt the longest thing in the world, i did it in what, 8 weeks? maybe a bit less, but yes whilst i do agree there is waaaay to many poop items, i also agree that everything serves its purpose well and pretty much everything can be used to make good items, weather it takes one merge or multiple merges, you will be able to take any poopish item and make it great, with enough merges and determination Smile

IGN: acidic shots
08-05-2010 14:08 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-354.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

things like cap +1 or legendary crap as i call it (act 2 is legendary stuff) can always be destroyed for nanites / mana - which are used to merge UBER L33T items Tongue ... But thats only on underworld ... if not selling it in the shop always comes in handy as junks hard to come by around mid levels Tongue

Give the game ago .. its always something you can run in the background of another game Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hayz_M: 08-05-2010 15:47.

08-05-2010 15:47 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » So Much Impractical gear

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH