Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » v.1.3.0 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page v.1.3.0 4 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BlairWaldorf

images/avatars/avatar-642.jpg

Registration Date: 11-29-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

v.1.3.0 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Anyone else noticed that arena thingy in the menu?

08-06-2010 11:14 BlairWaldorf is offline Homepage of BlairWaldorf Search for Posts by BlairWaldorf Add BlairWaldorf to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: DB

RE: v.1.3.0 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://wiki.bloodwars.net/index.php?title=The_Arena

all info on arena

its like expeditions... u pick ur team and enter......but u could fight other teams instead of expo mobs

u can gain poh aswell......

but it only works on sat/sundays

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
08-06-2010 11:16 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
npc
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-717.jpg

Registration Date: 03-19-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

v. 1.3.0 6 August 2010

* Added new feature - the Arena. More information on the new feature in the tutorials.
* Added new images of server events.
* Coloured dots in the ranking will now be more accurate if the time remaining is less than 20 minutes.
* Minor visual changes and optimalisations.

cant wait to test arena tomorrow Smile

edit, it show in profile.

THE ARENA - BEASTS
Wins Defeats Draws
0 0 0
Experience gained

THE ARENA - PLAYERS
Wins Defeats Draws
0 0 0
Honour balance

npc son's name : cpu

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by npc: 08-06-2010 11:23.

08-06-2010 11:17 npc is offline Homepage of npc Search for Posts by npc Add npc to your Buddy List Add npc to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of npc: no-reply@aol.com YIM Account Name of npc: no-reply@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for npc
mortanius
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-604.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: WOLF

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Arena does your team have to Be in your clan ?
and do you still have to spend honor to start ?

Edit will a new thread be made in fight club for posting arena results ?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mortanius: 08-06-2010 11:50.

08-06-2010 11:49 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
Gat

images/avatars/avatar-696.gif

Registration Date: 11-23-2009
Clan: S.S.

Buildings will apply, won't apply, will apply only in night of heroes (and night of heroes will state it in addition)?
will u spend PoH to participate? lose PoH if u lose? can u invite the whole clan?
i m guessing i ll be answered within this weekend or after Monday 22:00!

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

08-06-2010 11:53 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
warlock619
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-19-2008

Also do level restrictions still apply for fighting expo mobs on Necro?

eg. Level 37 to fight a White Dragon?

All auctions are 24 hour, no 5 minute rule.

Bring these to the dark side..we have COOKIES

IGN:
UW: Warlock_619 Not a Cultist.
Necro: warlock619
08-06-2010 12:29 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
VomitorY
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-928.jpg

Registration Date: 04-16-2010
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: DASH

quote:
Originally posted by warlock619

No level restrictions. Everyone can join.If you're picked in a team,then in that team you will fight a random mob.

Just hope it's not an Anubis Big Grin

That's what it is to be slaved

08-06-2010 12:33 VomitorY is offline Homepage of VomitorY Search for Posts by VomitorY Add VomitorY to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

MUST have at least 50% xp from mob

So i probs can't do gold and down.

Also costs NO POH but you can lose some in player VS player fights

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
08-06-2010 12:44 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Clan: CUBS

Would there be level caps? As in max leveks of particpants?

EDIT: Minor spelling changes:

Anyone notice the percentage bar below attacks etc?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by franz: 08-06-2010 13:58.

08-06-2010 13:45 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

As usual, the "tutorial" is the font of all knowledge; it answers all our questions; it leaves us with no doubt.................. oh no wait, I was reading a tutorial for another game.

The BW tutorial sucks. Frown

Any chance of anyone with a clue what the rules are for the new patch actually giving us some information. Or maybe, oh I don't know, putting it on the tutorial! Mad

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 08-06-2010 14:15.

08-06-2010 14:13 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Nerakai

images/avatars/avatar-668.jpeg

Registration Date: 01-27-2010
Clan: I-end-I

quote:
Originally posted by VomitorY
quote:
Originally posted by warlock619

No level restrictions. Everyone can join.If you're picked in a team,then in that team you will fight a random mob.

Just hope it's not an Anubis Big Grin

quote:
Taken from the Tutorial You cannot enter arena if you would not receive less than 50% of xp for that location.

I LOVE MY BRICK!

08-06-2010 14:50 Nerakai is offline Search for Posts by Nerakai Add Nerakai to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

you apply to an expo location as normal i think

the random mob u get is only out of the 3 mobs available in that region.........

the other teams u can fight id say are only the teams that have applied to that expo location aswell....the first 2 teams to apply will be fighting each other and so on i beleive..

u have from saterday to sunday to apply (pick ur location team etc)

then on monday at 22:00 the fights are carried out

the expo mobs are harder
poh is only gained if u fight another team..but its always gained

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Ba_al: 08-06-2010 15:09.

08-06-2010 15:06 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

Registration Date: 03-16-2008

i pretty much understand it all when reading thru it carefully. just 2 things i have to ask...
do you fight beast and team or randomly picked?
also whats participation restriction? same as normal expos?

EDIT: it says you lose honour against team same as you would in a siege...
well this is a disadvantage to thoughtcatcher? players can be losing poh of 2k per trial? should there be a cap on that? or...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jamess36362: 08-06-2010 16:34.

08-06-2010 16:31 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by jamess36362
i pretty much understand it all when reading thru it carefully. just 2 things i have to ask...
do you fight beast and team or randomly picked?
also whats participation restriction? same as normal expos?

EDIT: it says you lose honour against team same as you would in a siege...
well this is a disadvantage to thoughtcatcher? players can be losing poh of 2k per trial? should there be a cap on that? or...

i think its random wether u get team or beast

anf for TC just dont use majesty hahahah...........they risk loosing that amount in seiges anyway so i dont see why it should be capped tbh

08-06-2010 17:15 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Agreed with Balz.

If they dont want to lose loads of Honour they shouldnt make themselves have about 6k life..

Like Blodsuagre can do.. Iv seen him on about 4-5k life in expos .
08-06-2010 17:20 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

quote:
i pretty much understand it all when reading thru it carefully.

Excellent, well can you answer these then:

If it is like an expo, does that mean there is a maximum amount of poh you can spend (ergo team members) as with normal expos?

If so, does this mean you have to have a "team", or can people enter into it solo, and still win poh?

"The sooner a team joined Arena, the sooner they will fight against someone." -- what does that mean?
Possibly, if you submit your team on Saturday at 00.01, your fight will start on Monday at 22.01?? Or are the timings more random. If so, how will you know when to be dressed correctly for the fight?

Or will there be some kind of countdown timer?

Thanks for any help. Smile

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 08-06-2010 17:42.

08-06-2010 17:40 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

lol i said i understand most, not all Tongue
but the part about spending poh, im not sure u have to pay poh.. (reason being is why pay poh to gain/lose poh. unless you get the choice of fighting team or expo mob which is one point im still not sure on)
as for solo, i still don't know also till the question is answered about if it is random that we get either team or beast or choose.

as for the sooner you join im guessing when it goes into battle at 22.00, the first in will have theres go into second phase first or something like that. coz i can't see all teams going into second phase at the same time. so maybe theres a line or soemthing. and u get a time in which yours goes into second phase?
08-06-2010 17:45 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

The quicker the admins explain this the better Big Grin

It says all fights start at 22:00 Monday, this is how I see it:

If you start a team at 00:01 on saturday say at the White tower, then at 22:00 you will fight the next team to apply to the White tower, if the random thing picks a pvp.

08-06-2010 17:47 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
CESARZ
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1015.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

its nothing new bw will be still boring

EDIT:
quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu

Why do you still play it then??? If any game "bores" me, I quit it.

addiction like you and few more people Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by CESARZ: 08-06-2010 18:26.

08-06-2010 17:58 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

quote:
lol i said i understand most, not all Tongue

lol - just testing. Big Grin

Hmm, I just re-re-re-read it. It says it "works just like expos", but agreed, it does not say whether you need to spend poh to enter, so may be not.
But does that mean that there is no upper limit to how many members a team can have??? :S

It implies that whether you get mob or another team to fight is random (brilliant, just what we need more randomness! Big Grin ); if that is so, then I guess it would not matter if you went in solo, because you could not guarantee coming up against another solo team & getting big poh -- am just reasoning that they stopped small team sieges for exactly this reason.

So, this also begs the question, how much poh do we win?

Oooooh I can wait to try it out! Big Grin

EDIT:
quote:
Cesarz -- its nothing new bw will be still boring

Why do you still play it then??? If any game "bores" me, I quit it.

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 08-06-2010 18:07.

08-06-2010 18:03 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

more than likely poh gained will be same as sieges, but i looked at sieges today and i have no idea how to calculate how much poh is gained lol. i thought it was 1 damage per 1 poh and 500 for a kill - 1 poh per 1hp. but looking at some sieges seems not the case. long time since doing sieges tho so yeah lol Tongue

it also says mobs are stronger in arena than expo, but how stronger? lol.

i guess all will be revealed 2mora if its running 2mora?
08-06-2010 18:10 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

Basically I think they've tried to cross seiges with expos. I think C. that there will be a level restriction, but you won't have to pay PoH to admit members into your team. Thats my understanding anyways Cool

@ tiger - I still haven't a clue how PoH in seiges works either lmao does anyone???

@ CESARZ - It quite clearly is something new! hence the NEW button and NEW idea, would like to see you come up with some ideas to make the game less "boring" rather than just moaning about everything Mad

08-06-2010 18:32 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

My basic undwerstanding

Same as expos

Team cap, choose location etc

Dosen't cost poh

At 22hrs Monday teams go into fight, either getting one of the mobs for your chosen area, e.g. DE.
Or you can come across a team who is also in that loacation, in which its a poh siege =)
Poh is gianed from siege even if draw though

Expos give same xp and drops as normal, there is no maximum limit to teams in one loaction, i.e could have 20 teams in Moiuntain of Wisdom.

What i think it is

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
08-06-2010 20:22 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

I have another question, that may be the devs can answer:

Will clan armoury items work in the arena??

Thanks - btw, any time you wanna post some answers to the questions in this thread, or re-do the tutorial, would be helpful. Wink

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I see it does cost poh to start, so... the poh gain better be pretty good, or this patch is gonna fall flat on its face. Frown

EDIT 2:
Another question: if you are in an arena team, and you join a siege, what happens if phase 2 of the siege occurs at the same time as the arena starts - I suppose you will be stuck in your siege equipment... which means if you are using clan armoury stuff, and it doesn't work in the arena, then you will be knackered?
Ergo, I don't think clan armoury stuff can be used in the arena -- can someone please clarify?

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 08-07-2010 07:28.

08-07-2010 06:59 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Clan: Source

EDIT 2:
Nevermind, got all questions answered.

@franz: cheers, didnt actually think to scroll down, oops.

A bit more info would have been helpful devs, maybe not about what will actually happen come Monday (the mystery and what not), but the effects of arena on clan issues like armoury etc

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by NouveauNosferatu: 08-07-2010 09:05.

08-07-2010 08:39 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

@nouveau I think it's at the bottom rather than at the top. My clan had a couple of sieges on and I couldn't find it until I scrolled down a bit.

08-07-2010 08:53 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
thunder123

images/avatars/avatar-688.jpeg

Registration Date: 02-27-2010
Clan: [Gangrel]

i still don't get it...

can you only enter with the players of the clan you in or can your also enter with players that are not in your clan so with players from another clan?

08-07-2010 11:04 thunder123 is offline Search for Posts by thunder123 Add thunder123 to your Buddy List
terjohnny
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 12-08-2009
Clan: V13

the only thing we know for sure is that if you apply for chronos....you will surely fight chronos Happy ....probably someone will in 3 years
08-07-2010 11:36 terjohnny is offline Search for Posts by terjohnny Add terjohnny to your Buddy List
mortanius
Triple Ace

Interesting thought if it's all random could two teams from the same clan end ip against each other ?

08-07-2010 12:22 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

well there is 1 team in the basilisk zone so blod will be soloing it LOL

you need to be lvl 97 to join a basilisk in the arena and as hes the only one.....

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

08-07-2010 12:28 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

thing is since hes the only level there he can not find other team. meaning he can gain stats on basilisk. for future. and he/vlade/Nndungu soon could 3 man if the stats are correct.
but i jus find it gay that the devs did not log here after implementing such a complex addition to the game.. surely they know we would have several questions :S
08-07-2010 12:33 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
mortanius
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia
well there is 1 team in the basilisk zone so blod will be soloing it LOL

you need to be lvl 97 to join a basilisk in the arena and as hes the only one.....

I hope He posts his report on the forum I want to see that.

And will expo monsters be updated ? , As arena monsters are meant to be stronger than normal.

08-07-2010 12:53 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
npc
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-717.jpg

Registration Date: 03-19-2010

quote:
Originally posted by mortanius
And will expo monsters be updated ? , As arena monsters are meant to be stronger than normal.

optimal level = level able to join ?
then optimal level should wider than before.

White Dragon
lv 37-53
Black Dragon
lv 42-58

imagine white dragon has 150+ perception.....

npc son's name : cpu

08-07-2010 13:08 npc is offline Homepage of npc Search for Posts by npc Add npc to your Buddy List Add npc to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of npc: no-reply@aol.com YIM Account Name of npc: no-reply@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for npc
thunder123

images/avatars/avatar-688.jpeg

Registration Date: 02-27-2010
Clan: [Gangrel]

if the taems are chosen ay random then its possible i guess

08-07-2010 14:49 thunder123 is offline Search for Posts by thunder123 Add thunder123 to your Buddy List
Serafine
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-247.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2008
Clan: [-END-]

quote:
Originally posted by thunder123
if the taems are chosen ay random then its possible i guess

You choose your own team. People apply as per normal expo routine. You select your team in the Arena page. I am sure loads of people have started them at this stage and can answer some of the questions still there to be answered. But for now we can definitely say yes it costs PoH and People to accept a team member (as per expo).

Selling:

See Necro Profile - mostly rubbish tbh.

Buying:

See IGProfile.
08-07-2010 16:04 Serafine is offline Search for Posts by Serafine Add Serafine to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Serafine
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Clan: BoS

quote:
thing is since hes the only level there he can not find other team. meaning he can gain stats on basilisk. for future. and he/vlade/Nndungu soon could 3 man if the stats are correct.
but i jus find it gay that the devs did not log here after implementing such a complex addition to the game.. surely they know we would have several questions :S

Will be a while before we reach that level, and depending on how strong it is, maybe 3-man is not possible. And maybe its more fun with waiting to create arena team until we see which location we can start in that have the highest chance to meet other arena team.

08-07-2010 21:11 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Serafine
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-247.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2008
Clan: [-END-]

One would think (like the use of the Royal there? =] ) that you only meet another team after all the mobs are gone??? I mean, you pay PoH into this thing and you end up facing another team that at the end of the day could outweight your team by untold amounts? So I would think it only applies if there are no mobs left? Why pay in load of poh and resources just to face another team and lose poh? (worst case scenario you go in with a team of people that barely meet the level requirement and end up meeting a team of the highest level possible)

Selling:

See Necro Profile - mostly rubbish tbh.

Buying:

See IGProfile.
08-07-2010 22:11 Serafine is offline Search for Posts by Serafine Add Serafine to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Serafine
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-23-2009

Some reason i have a bad feeling about this patch but time will tell

08-07-2010 22:12 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
mortanius
Triple Ace

I'm a bit dissapointed there are only 6 teams in My area and a couple of others .
I thought a lot more people would jump at the chance to have a free expo .

08-08-2010 10:35 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

quote:
Originally posted by mortanius
I'm a bit dissapointed there are only 6 teams in My area and a couple of others .
I thought a lot more people would jump at the chance to have a free expo .

Now i dont have many badges but there are already 35 teams in the areas i can see, which is quite alot.

Thats 100 players at the least. You'd best not forget the players who are also after higher mobs than i can see

If you assume that half or more of the people in the arena who are in teams, would also like to start their own, but cant, you can say that there are about another 50 players wanting to start their own teams.

I would say alot of people who have had the opportunity have indeed gone for the free expo, and i will be waiting to see the result!

Cant wait to see how this plays out, and to check out the battlefield thread arena section tomorrow night.

08-08-2010 15:44 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » v.1.3.0

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH