Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Siege Patch - Underworld » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Siege Patch - Underworld 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Siege Patch - Underworld Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dear players,

After thorough testing we have concluded as follow:

1. The role of melee weapons has greatly diminished in sieges so we are implementing a patch that will lower the importance of perception when determining which attacks are delayed to the end of the queue. In this way gun attacks will be delayed more and ranged attacks will be delayed less.

2. 1h melee weapons have lost their importance so this patch will also change the way melee attacks are delayed - when attacking with melee weapon half of your agility (not perception) is taken into account. However, when defending you still use your perception to delay the attack.

Please paste siege reports here after the patch is implemented.

08-24-2010 12:42 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

Registration Date: 03-16-2008

RE: Siege Patch - Underworld Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hmm i am a 2 handed melee player, this benefits me, but for gunners it kind of screws them... they will attack late an majority will die quick because they not have any way of increasing hp and maority have low defense. so this patch is not helpful in my opinion. if you also inputted that gunners/snipers had alot chance not to be hit... then it may be fine. but in sieges from what i can see is yes melee do not attack very quick but gunners don't also really, and gunners die quick also. :/
08-24-2010 16:42 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
Mikel
godMODe !

images/avatars/avatar-1061.gif

Registration Date: 05-18-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: D.B.

RE: Siege Patch - Underworld Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jamess36362
hmm i am a 2 handed melee player, this benefits me, but for gunners it kind of screws them... they will attack late an majority will die quick because they not have any way of increasing hp and maority have low defense.

Screws them? Melee are screwed atm. This patch is a little bit of balance on sieges. Gunners attack late? Maybe, but they do all [or most] of they attacks at once. Melee do few [or they didn't do even 1], and rest of them FALL DOWN at the end of the round. Ofcourse if they survive, cuz of LOW PERCEPTION they are attacked as first. And about low defence - gunners [Gangsters, Snipers and even Collectors] can have high defence. What's the problem? Oh wait, they preffer high perception... Interesting why Roll Eyes

quote:
so this patch is not helpful in my opinion. if you also inputted that gunners/snipers had alot chance not to be hit... then it may be fine. but in sieges from what i can see is yes melee do not attack very quick but gunners don't also really, and gunners die quick also. :/

Helpful? It's not about being helpful. It's about being MORE BALANCED.

One question:

Did you see ANY siege with that patch?

Cuz I saw, and it's look fair enough for me Wink

08-24-2010 17:12 Mikel is offline Search for Posts by Mikel Add Mikel to your Buddy List
Serafine
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-247.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: [-END-]

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Any idea when the patch will be implemented? And about time 1h melee got something. As far as I am concerned Gunners still have more of an advantage, but this is a step in the right direction.

Selling:

See Necro Profile - mostly rubbish tbh.

Buying:

See IGProfile.
08-24-2010 20:27 Serafine is offline Search for Posts by Serafine Add Serafine to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Serafine
jamess36362
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Mikel
quote:
Originally posted by jamess36362
hmm i am a 2 handed melee player, this benefits me, but for gunners it kind of screws them... they will attack late an majority will die quick because they not have any way of increasing hp and maority have low defense.

Screws them? Melee are screwed atm. This patch is a little bit of balance on sieges. Gunners attack late? Maybe, but they do all [or most] of they attacks at once. Melee do few [or they didn't do even 1], and rest of them FALL DOWN at the end of the round. Ofcourse if they survive, cuz of LOW PERCEPTION they are attacked as first. And about low defence - gunners [Gangsters, Snipers and even Collectors] can have high defence. What's the problem? Oh wait, they preffer high perception... Interesting why Roll Eyes

quote:
so this patch is not helpful in my opinion. if you also inputted that gunners/snipers had alot chance not to be hit... then it may be fine. but in sieges from what i can see is yes melee do not attack very quick but gunners don't also really, and gunners die quick also. :/

Helpful? It's not about being helpful. It's about being MORE BALANCED.

One question:

Did you see ANY siege with that patch?

Cuz I saw, and it's look fair enough for me Wink

when im a melee and think it is fair at the moment, melee increase hp etc easier and in my opinion its much easier to get higher agility than perception. only 2 handed struggle but they do massive hits so they hve their bonus...
but we shall see anyways. Smile
08-24-2010 21:29 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Serafine
Any idea when the patch will be implemented? And about time 1h melee got something. As far as I am concerned Gunners still have more of an advantage, but this is a step in the right direction.

its already applied on polish realms

so give it up to 3 days at least

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
08-24-2010 22:02 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Clan: CUBS

It's gonna get implemented guys.

Anyway in my opinion:

Great idea. I don't think you've thought it through enough based on the terms that 1h gunners will attack later. 2hand melée hit far too much damage if it's a crit, and since buildings don't count towards sieges, people will die an awful lot more in the first round. You won't get the thrill from a longer siege if all the top players die within the first two rounds because of melée hitting crits.

That sounded like a negative comment, and it totally contradicts what Im thinking, I am entirley for this based on the fact that fairness is what most people want.

08-24-2010 23:02 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS exLead

Delay gunners more? Delay rangers less? Are you kidding me or what? Have you seen any of the recent siege reports from this server? Seems not. I would really recommend you to check this war thread with lot of siege reports: A_N vs Underworld
From what I see from all these reports is that rangers and melee are attacking as 1st, so what are you talking about? I guess you were again just checking polish realms as usual and want to implement your conclusions here without any checking.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
08-24-2010 23:11 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Helldemon
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 01-21-2009
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: Hll

I agree with Mortis and Tiger, in seiges it's only really a issue at lower levels when perception is very close to peoples agility and can dominate them, but in high levels the melee/ranged dominate privilege Am 1h melee and had round privilege in majority of seiges of late then rest of melee/ranged after.

If you wanna balance anything out make the task mobs more melee friendly, some are so biased to gunner its unreal

08-25-2010 03:38 Helldemon is offline Search for Posts by Helldemon Add Helldemon to your Buddy List
Konrad
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-917.html

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

Maybe it's not an issue right now, but believe me - without a patch you will get to this problem sooner or later. After analisys of the topic Mortis posted, I can see there are little of gunners in your sieges, maybe it's because you haven't discovered best siege-gunner builds yet.

The patch is online now.

Premium problems >> use Premium reporting option in game.
Question about game >> use "Words of advice" forum.
Other >> pm Szeszej

Please do not PM me directly. Thanks.

08-25-2010 08:47 Konrad is offline Homepage of Konrad Search for Posts by Konrad Add Konrad to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Konrad
Maybe it's not an issue right now, but believe me - without a patch you will get to this problem sooner or later. After analisys of the topic Mortis posted, I can see there are little of gunners in your sieges, maybe it's because you haven't discovered best siege-gunner builds yet.

The patch is online now.

if its not a issue now then why not implement when it does become an issue. now u kinda mucked siges up a bit fr underworld in my opinion. polish are few months in front of us in terms of power etc so this patch should not be implemented for few months..
08-25-2010 13:24 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

quote:

The patch is online now.

When 90% of the top 50 are mellee or ranged we dont NEED to find the best gunner siege setup....

so the point of this patch is?

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

08-25-2010 14:10 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
floydster
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-342.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2008
Clan: BoS/V13

quote:

The patch is online now.

So if it's not an issue right now surely all this patch is going to do is help melee and ranged even more and have an adverse affect on gunners until such a time that the limited gunners discover the best siege setup.

If it's not a problem now then the patch should be implemented when the server reaches a point that it is causing a problem in my opinion.

Guess we will have to see how the next few sieges go.
08-25-2010 15:39 floydster is offline Search for Posts by floydster Add floydster to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Clan: LGN

waste of time and effort

all this patch will do benifit melee and range further and leave gunners with the short stack

stop wasting time on needless USELESS patchs and bring on act 3 Big Grin

IGN: acidic shots
08-25-2010 16:42 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
CESARZ
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1015.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007
Clan: DB

good patch its help one-handed weapon on sieges, we need this patch Tongue Now gunners will die faster and also lose some poh Tongue

08-25-2010 18:21 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
Fuzzina Finzirak

Registration Date: 01-01-2010

nice patch....

Now snipers have even more reason to stay at home and hide in the closet when sieges are going on...

Never get a shot off before dying to a single 2-hand critical or something...yup that's great fun.

I've started hunting for melee gear now so i can switch over around 1500 points cause apparently sniper = roadkill!
08-26-2010 01:32 Fuzzina Finzirak is offline Search for Posts by Fuzzina Finzirak Add Fuzzina Finzirak to your Buddy List
floydster
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-342.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2008
Clan: BoS/V13

Not the best siege to post but a siege all the same. Noticeable that our gunners didnt get a lookin.

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=6263834286

Next Siege

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=2a947d4c9c

Next Siege

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=9436c4e503

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by floydster: 08-30-2010 10:28.

08-26-2010 20:25 floydster is offline Search for Posts by floydster Add floydster to your Buddy List
mortanius
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-604.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2009
Clan: WOLF

Does the patch affect task Monsters ?

I have just seen a report of a clanmate trying to do the wolfish king .
The wolves killed him before He could get an attack off.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mortanius: 09-07-2010 12:12.

09-07-2010 12:05 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Siege Patch - Underworld

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH