Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Banned Players » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Banned Players 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
RazielBlack

Registration Date: 07-28-2010

Banned Players Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just been trawling throught the Forum as came across an interesting topic. One That has been talked about but I want to put forward a suggestion. Whether the Organizers of BW argree or disagree or whether a forum mod deems this to be in the wrong section - Its worth another conflab.

It has to do with Banned players in Z's 1,2 & 3.

Now lets face it, these squares are a premium, every decent clan looks for them and every decent player want to be in there, however there comes a time when someone for what ever reason want to try again and creates a second player and get themselves banned for it.

We have just lost a valuable square one that can never be reclaimed.

Prehaps a patch can be made either allowing sieges against banned players or a message saying that this player has been banned and you have 7 days to claim this square by a siege before that account is completely deactivated and the square is lost for good.

I know that players are deleted from the game periododically, but it seems that they are left on the server for ages.

It's just a thought - where good or bad - I would love to know your thoughts.

Just a final thought - what would happen is a player was banned and they were in Z1? - That would be counter productive for all of us - so we need something in place.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by RazielBlack: 08-25-2010 09:34.

08-25-2010 09:33 RazielBlack is offline Search for Posts by RazielBlack Add RazielBlack to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

To be honest, im sure the devs will see this thread and post:

'It is their square to lose.'

If a player is stupid enough to multi in a z3-2-1 they deserve to lose their square.

However, recently, there is some controversy towards the banned players, some feel they need not have been banned, but this is of course debatable.

I kind of agree with what you say, in that it is unfair for the devs to affectively delete squares, but tbh if players play as they should, any patch would be unnecessary.

my 2 cents.

In summary: on the fence.

08-25-2010 09:41 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Source

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC
To be honest, im sure the devs will see this thread and post:

'It is their square to lose.'

If a player is stupid enough to multi in a z3-2-1 they deserve to lose their square.

However, recently, there is some controversy towards the banned players, some feel they need not have been banned, but this is of course debatable.

I kind of agree with what you say, in that it is unfair for the devs to affectively delete squares, but tbh if players play as they should, any patch would be unnecessary.

my 2 cents.

In summary: on the fence.

You're completely ignoring the current situtation, which is where a player who built their square had it taken from them by someone who subsequently got banned.

So the player who invested time & resources into building the square loses the chance to even reclaim it as it stood.

@ Raz - I fail to see how the Z1 being banned "would be counter productive for all of us", seeing as how only about 6 people have ever actually had use of the square. It's not like it generates PoH for an entire clan or the entire server.

I personally think the elimination/deletion of players should be done once the 1 month appeal opportunity expires and the result stands, but this has been mentioned so many times i really dont see the point in going over it again.

IF the devs ever did decide to change this, it would be from pressure from the Polish servers, so rehashing this topic every couple of months really is a pointless endeavour.

EDIT: Spelling

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by NouveauNosferatu: 08-25-2010 10:11.

08-25-2010 10:09 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Madarian

Registration Date: 08-01-2009
Clan: Vault 13

If a player is being banned permanently, that player can appeal on the board for the ban. A 'trial time'. I agree that banned squares is a problem in zone 3, 2 and 1. I too would like to see that after a 'trial time', the squares should be 'set free'.

My suggestion: make it an empty square and give the permanently banned players a zone 4 or 5 square. Nobody can benefit from taking the fully built square, but it is free again to rebuild.

Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for the rest of the day.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life...
Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Madarian: 08-25-2010 12:29.

08-25-2010 12:28 Madarian is offline Search for Posts by Madarian Add Madarian to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

I agree with Raz

Think if you lent your Square to someone and they got banned.

I'd be [insert word]

Think you should be able to get back

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
08-25-2010 13:33 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Mikel
godMODe !

images/avatars/avatar-1061.gif

Registration Date: 05-18-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: D.B.

If player is banned permanently, then his character is AUTOMATICALY deleted after RANDOM time [when he's out of premium].

And squares shouldn't be given back. If someone [a] lost it or [b] lent to someone, then [a] he/she's not owner of this square anymore, [b] can blame only yourself (or Akon - if u dunno why look HERE at ANUBIS post :p).

I know some1 worked hard to build that square, and lost many resources, but it's just some PIXELS in some GAME - there is nothing to cry about. For those who don't know that: there is a real life outside BloodWars :o

08-25-2010 19:16 Mikel is offline Search for Posts by Mikel Add Mikel to your Buddy List
Veritatis Splendor
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-972.gif

Registration Date: 03-07-2011
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: QTD

quote:
Originally posted by Mikel
If player is banned permanently, then his character is AUTOMATICALY deleted after RANDOM time [when he's out of premium].

So if someone bought 2 years worth then got banned the square is screwed for 2 years?

Looking for: Good speed, legs with high agility, Any luck items whatsoever.

Never forget; Atrum Dominatio X Clan Page
04-03-2011 08:50 Veritatis Splendor is offline Homepage of Veritatis Splendor Search for Posts by Veritatis Splendor Add Veritatis Splendor to your Buddy List Add Veritatis Splendor to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Veritatis Splendor: . YIM Account Name of Veritatis Splendor: . View the MSN Profile for Veritatis Splendor
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Mate, you already got the answer and yet you are asking the same in another thread which is 8 months dead? If you would use search you would discover that due to legal reason BW Team can't delete the account before the premium expires.
I really suggest you to put more effort into searching for answers which were already answered and also try to avoid necroposting next time.

Thread closed.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
04-03-2011 12:45 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Banned Players

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH