Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » 17 BS to go from +1 to +5 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 17 BS to go from +1 to +5
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: TDK

Frown 17 BS to go from +1 to +5 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

After being this unlucky i thought i had all the bad throws, so i tryied to get my shuriken of reaction to good (after 3 LS and 15BS, it is back to +5). I think that vampire should try upgrading to good right know, i have exhausted the bad luck out of the random generator
05-31-2008 07:11 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
Death reaper
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-180.jpg

Registration Date: 04-03-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

you think you have bad luck lol cant remember all bloodstones in total but i know i have spent about 6 lifestones on my cap of adrenaline (+5) and its freakishly unlucky Mad

i start a new one i get a warning for it
05-31-2008 12:49 Death reaper is offline Search for Posts by Death reaper Add Death reaper to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

Registration Date: 03-16-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it seems to me, the rarer or higher the requiremenst of the item the less chance of it upgrading, for me it took ages to get my elvish cape to +5 coz it is pretty rare but a cap of precogntion (which has low requirements) took me the required stones needed to get it to good+1 and yet to fail. and the prefix light seems to be easy to upgrade aswell. thats what i think through my experiences but i may be wrong Smile
05-31-2008 12:55 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

oh ok yeah the prefix light easy.... yeah right.....

iv spent 140+ bs upgrading my light rapier of hitting to good+2 and now its just on +2...

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

05-31-2008 13:20 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

He might not have meant the 1-h melee prefix UG3

05-31-2008 13:23 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
jamess36362
Viking

Registration Date: 03-16-2008

yeah but thats has a suffix aswell Smile i mean just the prefix.
05-31-2008 13:23 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

but now your on the subject....

light knife of agility.. i got it to perfect uing only about 200-250 blood stones... i dont think it depends on the pre/suffix i think it depends on how much you want it to succeed... the more you want it the less its going to happen

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

05-31-2008 13:40 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Clan: BoS

Item upgraded Signet of Strength (+5) -> Good Signet of Strength !
Item upgraded Vest of Death Sower (+5) -> Good Vest of Death Sower !

Thank you all who failed to upgrade today Tongue

Back to the point. Upgrading an item to Good level has only 50% chance of success. About 8 months ago I tried to upgrade my Knife of Suicide to Good level but I failed 6 times... Nothing more than bad luck :/

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

05-31-2008 14:50 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

And then I got my cap of precognition to Good (+5) without one fail. But I have had my bad luck streaks, losing probably over 1500 BS since I have played this game (from the beginning).

05-31-2008 15:22 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
nhanho25

images/avatars/avatar-199.gif

Registration Date: 04-22-2008
Clan: Source

I think all the bad luck comes from me Crying , nah seriously I'm bad luck, I even can't even upgrade a single good yet Crying I'm almost bad at everything I can't even get a hold of myself Crying why, someone please tell me why I'm bad luck Crying , I even lost 10bs just to make my bony knife of conquer to (+1) Crying Crying Crying

Hello everyone, what I ment was, bad luck happens to everyone, yes everyone, so even I have this

CLICK ME PLZ!!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by nhanho25: 05-31-2008 21:23.

05-31-2008 21:20 nhanho25 is offline Search for Posts by nhanho25 Add nhanho25 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of nhanho25: nhanho25
hellmaker11

Registration Date: 05-30-2008

same here Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

its the same here i had sniper +1 and 4bs and tryed to upgrade went down 4 times come up a point so had a bs then it failed again so 5 times failed its 80% Tongue Tongue

05-31-2008 21:23 hellmaker11 is offline Search for Posts by hellmaker11 Add hellmaker11 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for hellmaker11
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008

Just because it is 80% chance doesn't mean it will almost always upgrade,it means that there will be more upgrades than downgrades, it doesn't mean every 1 in 2 it will upgrade, if you can use one get a Sniper with 80% chance for critical, it won't always hit and the well of souls works just like that.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
05-31-2008 21:28 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
nhanho25

images/avatars/avatar-199.gif

Registration Date: 04-22-2008

not me, knife upgrade still the same, knife upgrade still the same, knife upgrade still the same, knife upgrade still the same, knife upgrade still the same, knife upgrade still the same and then yay I got one Big Grin damn I can't believe I wasted it Crying
whats worse I even have misfortune, so I think everyone has this, I failed a lots of quest, Bad Luck happens I guess, walk under a ladder and boom, bird poos on your head and boom, scaring a baby and wham! Big Grin Crying

oh yeah I even have a new sis this year Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

CLICK ME PLZ!!!
05-31-2008 21:29 nhanho25 is offline Search for Posts by nhanho25 Add nhanho25 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of nhanho25: nhanho25
hellmaker11

true Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

but 50% is halfs and 75% is more then 80% thats close to 100% so more chance

like 30% more chance your not going to do it Pleased

05-31-2008 21:30 hellmaker11 is offline Search for Posts by hellmaker11 Add hellmaker11 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for hellmaker11
deathstar

Registration Date: 12-20-2007
Race in game: Cultist

ye its about luck i have these and they never failed and dropped although i darednt get them to +5

Good Elvish Shorts (+4) CLOSE

Pants
Defence: 14
Effects: AGILITY +32, defence +2
Requirements: LEVEL: 48, STRENGTH: 53
Selling price: 37 800 Lgo
Value: Nanites 339, Mana 1187

http://r2.bloodwars.net/r.php?r=2304
05-31-2008 23:33 deathstar is offline Search for Posts by deathstar Add deathstar to your Buddy List
hellmaker11

wow Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

wow wow wow wow lol look at them i dared to get a Perfect Shuriken and i upgraded up now i casn,t upgrade a sniper to+1

06-01-2008 09:50 hellmaker11 is offline Search for Posts by hellmaker11 Add hellmaker11 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for hellmaker11
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-29-2007
Clan: DD

Hellmaker, perfect shuriken isn't really that good, I had good +4 and saw stats for perfect - 11 attacks and 41-44 damage or something.

I expected something a little better, more attacks perhaps Frown

http://deeperdimensions.forumotion.co.uk/

Clan friends and people looking for a clan very welcome, it's a forum not only for Deeper Dimensions but the active community of BW.

06-01-2008 10:41 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
nelacar
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-07-2007
Clan: -END-

tried tp upgrade my cap of adren to g+1.
150 bs later its now normel +3. Crying
06-01-2008 10:42 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
deathstar

Registration Date: 12-20-2007

caps of adrenaline i find are hard to upgrade for me i used like 4ls and downgraded 2ms and my cap is still on good +1

http://r2.bloodwars.net/r.php?r=2304
06-01-2008 10:51 deathstar is offline Search for Posts by deathstar Add deathstar to your Buddy List
hellmaker11

well i just wasted 17 bs and my sniper is at +2 i want +4 it fails most the time that like 21bs wansted

06-01-2008 11:28 hellmaker11 is offline Search for Posts by hellmaker11 Add hellmaker11 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for hellmaker11
Apollo
The Light

images/avatars/avatar-1118.jpg

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: Source/TFE

hmm... I have successfully upgraded Good Cap of Punishment and Good Murderous Mace (+1) without losing any stones bit lucky but then again I spent 10 bs upgrading from +2 to +5

06-01-2008 18:30 Apollo is offline Homepage of Apollo Search for Posts by Apollo Add Apollo to your Buddy List
hellmaker11

well i just up gradeed it to +2 so wasted none them

06-01-2008 18:53 hellmaker11 is offline Search for Posts by hellmaker11 Add hellmaker11 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for hellmaker11
Bezetta
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 12-05-2007
Clan: D.B.

Helmet of Punishment (+3) to (+5) cost me 11 BS Frown
07-01-2008 08:50 Bezetta is offline Search for Posts by Bezetta Add Bezetta to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

I tried to get a bracelet of accuracy from good to good+1 and wasted 5 LS, 5HS and a crap load of BS and then gave up after only getting it to back +5. I should have used the ritual of blood, it's expensive but at least I would have been guaranteed success.

07-01-2008 17:22 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
PureDoom01
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2008
Clan: The Source

just spent 21ls,14hs and a ton of bs to try and get my good murderous mace to (+1) after that i got a soulstone in a quest said stuff it and bought the one on auction Smile

if anyone wants it my (+5) version it is going on auction today

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by PureDoom01: 07-01-2008 17:36.

07-01-2008 17:33 PureDoom01 is offline Search for Posts by PureDoom01 Add PureDoom01 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PureDoom01
Nhan Ho
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-228.jpg

Registration Date: 06-11-2008

that was a waste of stones Tongue
I'm gonna merge a Murderous mace and I hope I can get it up to at least Good (+1)
I'm gonna be taking a great risk, if it don't succeed then I won't be ever using a 2handed weapon Frown

oh well at least I got my good elvish shirt (+1) without a mistake but when I upgraded my light shorts of rouge, I wasted 1hs and 5bs for that Frown to get it (+5)

Remember The Name...

07-01-2008 17:37 Nhan Ho is offline Search for Posts by Nhan Ho Add Nhan Ho to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Nhan Ho: nhanho25@hotmail.co.uk YIM Account Name of Nhan Ho: nhanho25@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for Nhan Ho
PureDoom01
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2008
Clan: The Source

nhan don't waste a ms mergeing a murderous mace buy my (+5) version from auction will be like 2ls max

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
07-01-2008 17:39 PureDoom01 is offline Search for Posts by PureDoom01 Add PureDoom01 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PureDoom01
Nhan Ho
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-228.jpg

Registration Date: 06-11-2008

nah don't worry, if I merge I will get good murderous mace and I just have to get one more left, 50% chance of failing its a huge risk though Frown

Remember The Name...

07-01-2008 18:03 Nhan Ho is offline Search for Posts by Nhan Ho Add Nhan Ho to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Nhan Ho: nhanho25@hotmail.co.uk YIM Account Name of Nhan Ho: nhanho25@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for Nhan Ho
Ral

Registration Date: 12-26-2007
Clan: Sanguin

RE: 17 BS to go from +1 to +5 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Feel for you Frown
I used 4 bs and 1 ms and got my amulet of pilgrim from +3 to +4 yesterday. Blah.

Does anyone know if the in-game stat luck affects upgrade chances any? I´ve been very superstitially making sure to equip my one item with luck on it. But the 2 luck I get from it I´m sure is negligable Big Grin
07-03-2008 22:39 Ral is offline Search for Posts by Ral Add Ral to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

I JUST got my Fast Dagger to Good, then Good +1....

Then it failed.

BAH!

If I ever drive it up to Good+1 again then I'm saving up for the Ritual of Blood Frown

THIS close to a 5th attack...

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
07-03-2008 22:49 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
honorus
Double Ace

Clan: V13

Spent 12 bs and an ls today trying to get my murderous mace +5 to good and it still only on +5 now Crying

07-03-2008 23:07 honorus is offline Search for Posts by honorus Add honorus to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » 17 BS to go from +1 to +5

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH