Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » 3 attacks wihtin 24h » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 3 attacks wihtin 24h
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
78dyzio

Registration Date: 03-13-2009
Clan: TPs

3 attacks wihtin 24h Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Id in game: 1370

Problem description:
According to tutorial one character can be attacked twice in 24h

i was attacked 3 times in 2h

proof:
http://r2.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=e16817d0e0

http://r2.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=8c331be607

http://r2.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=ba795a4040

something has changed?

r2:78dyzio
10-17-2010 08:13 78dyzio is offline Search for Posts by 78dyzio Add 78dyzio to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS exLead

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think this is connected to different timezones for Poland and UK. The server time is set to UK timezone, but I think the server internally is running according to Poland one (or German where is the hosting), so basically the 24h game period is from 23.00 server time and not 24.00 as is supposed to be.
Reported to Konrad, so let's see what he will discover.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
10-17-2010 08:28 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
78dyzio

Thread Starter Thread Started by 78dyzio
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mortis, i thouth that 24h begins when i attack someone and it has no connection to real time.

Correct me if i'm wrong Smile

10-17-2010 08:35 78dyzio is offline Search for Posts by 78dyzio Add 78dyzio to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

No I don't think it's working like that. As far as I know it's connected to real time and especially how the game itself is handling the 2 attacks per day limits.
If it would be according to you then the game would need to remember all attacks from every player and that's for sure not happening.

10-17-2010 08:38 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Endonium

Registration Date: 10-02-2010

I've already attacked someone more than 2 times in less than an absolute 24 hours period.

If I attack someone two times at 9 pm and 11 pm, when I wake up in the morning I can attack him again.

So I think it's based on the server time and not a real time period. As Mortis said, the data management needed to remember each attack of every single payer would be a crazy load for the server.

10-17-2010 10:10 Endonium is offline Search for Posts by Endonium Add Endonium to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

Just to add

In English servers attacks you've done on people reset at 00hrs (midnight)

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
10-17-2010 10:15 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Iv done exactly what Endonium said, 2 attacks late at night and another 2 even in the morning, as foxy said its reset at 12.

But then you can only be attacked by that player once more untill midnight the next day
10-17-2010 10:38 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Foxy
Just to add

In English servers attacks you've done on people reset at 00hrs (midnight)

Yes, thats how it should be although if you look at the reports then it seems for R2EN server is not true.

10-17-2010 10:46 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

Hmm, works on me so must be glitch for 78dyzio

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
10-17-2010 10:54 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
78dyzio

Thread Starter Thread Started by 78dyzio

quote:
Originally posted by 78dyzio
Mortis, i thouth that 24h begins when i attack someone and it has no connection to real time.

Correct me if i'm wrong Smile

I was wrong Smile

But still the tutorial has to be changed or time of reset shoud be changed to server time

10-17-2010 14:38 78dyzio is offline Search for Posts by 78dyzio Add 78dyzio to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

it is possible to attack one player 4 times in 1 and a half hours.

if the player being attacked is in z2, and the attacking player attacks at 23.30 server time, they can attack again at 00.00, 00.30 and 1.00 because of the reset.

10-17-2010 16:28 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » 3 attacks wihtin 24h

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH