Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » A Merge tool idea » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page A Merge tool idea
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Endonium

Registration Date: 10-02-2010
Race in game: Absorber

A Merge tool idea Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was thinking of building a nice Excel spread to figure out various merges.
Then I started thinking it might be nice to have an automatic tool that would help figure out all the combinations for a targeted merge.

You'd enter the prefix, the base item and the suffix.

The tool would tell you what combinations exist for the prefix, what combinations exist for the base item and same for the suffix.

And then you could choose each of these combinations and again decompose them into further combinations.

x A of y
possibilities :

x=b+c A = E+F of y=z+p

b+c = (t+s)+(b+i) E+F = (Z+J)+(Y+N) of z+p = (u+q)+(r+d)

etc etc

I was thinking this would be quite easy to do with excel as you can use filters and automatic formulas to do this.

But I then started thinking this could be easily coded in PHP or whatever language has really good database management.

If I was going to work on this, who would want to help me ?

First steps would be to type all the possible formulas in column format in Excel anyway, regardless of if the tool ends up being a spread sheet or a programmed GUI with database management.

10-17-2010 10:07 Endonium is offline Search for Posts by Endonium Add Endonium to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Nice idea, I was thinking about something similar. Anyway if your programming skills are good enough you can start working on it and use available merge lists here on forum as a start. If you would get working version of this I am sure there will be enough people to feed you the missing merges. Wink

side note: nice try to get all merges recipes Tongue

p.s. no need for offtopic section btw

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
10-17-2010 10:58 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There is already ( altho unofficial ) many of these around, im not 100% sure on how they work seeing quite a bit of the merge list isnt filled in, so unless there is real information somewhere youl never be able to do it properly
10-17-2010 11:00 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Endonium

Thread Starter Thread Started by Endonium

Well my idea was to either do this excel system, either make an actual usable auto database that could be hosted on a web page. I have servers or whatever for that. Even a free blog would do. People could just go to that page, enter the required parameters, and it would break down the merge into lots of little pieces, and people could check some, delete some, see their merge evolve.

Actually, this kind of sounds like a skill tree from a certain number of MMOs.

I've already started compiling the data from the forums into excel sheets, but since it's text like :

ARTISTIC +
Assault = Tigers
Battle = Artistic
Bloody = Bullet-proof
Bullet-proof = Shamanistic
Deadly = Bloody
Decorative = Battle
Elegant = Battle
Hardened = Lazy
Helpful = Deadly
Horned = Magnetic
Lazy = Bloody
Magnetic = Artistic
Malicious = Magnetic
Ritual = Assault
Runic = Assault
Shamanistic = Shamanistic
Strengthened = Deadly
Tigers = Tigers

Everything has to be rewritten, because Excel doesn't automatically recognize any formulas or even text columns with this. This means, cut paste, space cut paste, space cut paste, etc.

Which is why if some people want to work on this with me, I'll send you what I've already done (pretty much all the headgear, starting on leg gear) and you can use the model to do another part, while someone else does again another part.

This is just for the data. I could then program it into something nice with a GUI.

10-17-2010 11:14 Endonium is offline Search for Posts by Endonium Add Endonium to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

A member of the Dnote clan has just created an AWESOME online merge list, no need for download, and I think he's worked out a way to find out what results are missing from the lists, and its all very complicated and mathematical it hurts my head just talking about it! XD

EDIT: reason for posting was to say that i'll ask him if its just for dnote or for everyone to use.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Unholy Emperor: 10-17-2010 17:40.

10-17-2010 17:39 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

I have one.

Want a copy?

10-17-2010 20:34 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Endonium

Honestly I was looking to build something nice.
If you have a tool and you'd allow me to make modifications on it, use it as a base in which I can code stuff, then yeah why not.

10-17-2010 20:57 Endonium is offline Search for Posts by Endonium Add Endonium to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

Have a look first

http://img52.imageshack.us/i/mergelists.png/

10-17-2010 21:12 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Endonium

Ok, this is very different from what I had in mind, but obviously the formulas there are quite developed. This is pretty awesome. This can definitely be turned into java or php easily. Java most likely.
If you don't mind, I'd love to take a go at it. You can send it to my email endonium@gmail.com

I'll see if I can compile the database into a program with a nice user interface.

10-17-2010 21:32 Endonium is offline Search for Posts by Endonium Add Endonium to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » A Merge tool idea

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH