Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » fair or unfair records » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page fair or unfair records 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Clemenza
Puki Mod

images/avatars/avatar-926.png

Registration Date: 03-09-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

fair or unfair records Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Regarding the underworld record thread, some of you are talking about how fair or unfair is to get a record if it was achieved thanks to the agreed help of one of the participants in case of obtaining record through ambush.

Well i just want to say some things:
- A record is a record, no matter how you did it, with help or without..
side note: to someone i'm sure he will know who he is.. is true orem asked me for help but he didn't need to beg or lick any ring or whatever dirty thoughts you have in your mind.. some of us like to help, 'HELP' --> maybe an unknown word for you Roll Eyes

- I myself asked cesarz for peeps some days ago and when I attacked him I made best loot: blood record but obviously as you guessed he was disarmed. I decided not to post the record 'cause for me, in my personal opinion it was not 'fair' to have such record. But it wasn't fair for me, 'cause a record for me it's something to be proud of and attacking cesarz while he is disarmed is not something to be proud of, but as record it's completely fair to claim it. Smile

- Also sometimes you catch someone that is changing gear or using ca gear and he is disarmed, that doesn't mean he was willing to help you, just you caught him in the exact time so it's not so easy to say: naked = fake record

So to summarize, don't make a judgement if someone posts a record and you consider it's not fair for you, one thing it's your personal opinion and other is what rules are allowing someone to post and orem report was 100% valid.

12-12-2010 16:32 Clemenza is offline Search for Posts by Clemenza Add Clemenza to your Buddy List
Waaaaaaaaambulance

Registration Date: 07-04-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

lol k no need for you to get your knickers in a twist, it was just an observation.

i was merely trying to point out that if people can get a record in a manner such as they have been doing so then it diminishes the value of holding that record does it not?

i wasn't questioning the "validity" of the record just pointing out that it cheapens the process. (this you have pretty much said yourself when highlighting it as the reason for not posting your own record from cesarz)

if it is something you genuinely worked towards (ie. didn't just call in a bunch of favours) then the record is more valuable, no? that in turn might actually encourage people to try for these records, improve competition, breath some life back into the game maybe?

though i can completely understand why wanting to encourage that might be frowned upon in what is a dying game..... /sarcasm

\o_O/

12-12-2010 18:17 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If we were to judge whether the record was fair, unfair, more or less valuable then it'd take ages and tons of space to create such a record list.

There's only one criteria when you look at a record. "Is it higher than the previous one?". If it is then it's a record, no point in arguing.

Oh, and btw.
quote:
lol k no need for you to get your knickers in a twist, it was just an observation.

That inappropriate and quite offensive comment deserves a warning.

Good bye.

Edit. After long thoughts and discussion I decided to change the warning to admonition.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

12-12-2010 18:46 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Bat
Double Ace

Registration Date: 07-23-2008

Whatever made this post happen , im totaly with Clemenza. Get yourself some friends who would help u to be in the records so you could have an name there cause that seems important to you. Record is record , its not like you could do something against the rules here and have a record.

12-13-2010 21:05 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BOS + S.S.

I agree with Clem, good for her

I hold record for xp in def after Cez helped me out with graveyard

Its showing what can happening when people work together.

Lets just say Team sport records

Only happen when you work together
May not say in records the person but we remember who have helped us.

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
12-13-2010 23:23 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Clan: LGN

maybe this thread belongs in the screaming room?

but on topic, clemenza, i agree with you 100%
a record is an achievement greater than the previous set

"honourable" or not, the record is the record

ok in some opinions it may be morally wrong for orem to claim his record as he DID ave help gaining it, but records are no place for morals, he claimed the record fairly, he obtained an amount greater than the previous holder and thus claimed the right to hold the record themselves.

some people would choose not to claim the record as it was not through honourable gain, but it was through legitimate gain, in essence waaaaaaaambulance, stop crying, beat his record, take it from him and remove this "skid mark" from the record hall, otherwise please just shut up and accept the fact orem is the record holder for greatest blood gain from a single ambush Smile

IGN: acidic shots
12-14-2010 00:44 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Waaaaaaaaambulance

not crying, i couldn't care less about the records because they aren't records of achievement but records of popularity.

you guys telling me to "stop crying" and "get some friends to help" is just confirmation of that.

but if you guys are happy with your cliques then who am i to judge, just know that its one of the reasons that force new players out when they see that even if they could compete 1v1 the guy who is best at sucking up to people (ie. the person most imbeded in their clique) is gonna win regardless.

and yes i could go and beat a record with the help of my friends but then thats not my achievement is it, its a combination of effortsfrom all involved that cheapens the process.

but like i said if you guys are happy for people to take the easy way out then meh, no skin off my nose i'll simply continue to do what i have done for the past 2 years and ignore the records.

12-14-2010 11:32 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
Clemenza
Puki Mod

Thread Starter Thread Started by Clemenza

quote:
Originally posted by Waaaaaaaaambulance
not crying, i couldn't care less about the records because they aren't records of achievement but records of popularity.

that's why this is your 3rd post explaining the same, because OBVIOUSLY you don't care Big Grin

quote:
..i'll simply continue to do what i have done for the past 2 years and ignore the records.

they aren't records of achievement? Shocked

PLEASE don't ignore the records, show us the light and try to beat the following records as you say they are records of popularity..

Most damage done with:

* One-handed Weapon: 671 (Good Cruel Knife of Suicide) [tiger_claw]
* Two-handed Weapon: 1752 (Good Radiating Two-handed sword of Vengeance (+3) [Kenpachi]
* One-handed Gun: 431 (Legendary Good Scorpio (+5)) [Chopski]
* Two-handed Gun: 720 Legendary Good Sniper rifle (+3) [CESARZ]
* Ranged Weapon: 1000 Legendary Perfect Heavy crossbow of Reaction [0esebius]
* Bare hands: 441 [zarkhir]

or

Most damage done in one round:

* One-handed Melee: 5227 Good Murderous Thunderfist of Suicide (+2) & Legendary Good Agile Thunderfist of Valour (+5)
[NouveauNosferatu]
* Two-handed Melee: 6450 (Legendary Perfect Radiating Two-handed axe of the Bloodsucker) [Black Rose]
* One-handed Gun: 4753 Legendary Good Scorpio (+5) and Legendary Good Scorpio (+5) [Chopski]
* Two-handed Gun : 3610 (Legendary Perfect Sniper rifle) [Clemenza]
* Ranged Weapon: 7380 (Perfect Shuriken of Reaction (+3)) [CESARZ]

or

Other:

* Most experience points gained through Expedition: 56 656 (Blodsugare)
* Most experience points gained through combat: Attack:496 (Minshres), Defense:115 (Foxy)
* Clan with highest amount of points: 112 913 (Brotherhood of Steel)
* First Player to Complete All Act I Tasks: diablo Level 86
* First Player to Complete All Act I & Act II Tasks: ??? ???
* Player with the highest defence: 547 (Nndungu)

no, wait... after your 2 years playing I don't see your name so you have achieved a super big NOTHING Tongue not even the 'easy' popular ones

12-14-2010 12:25 Clemenza is offline Search for Posts by Clemenza Add Clemenza to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009

I remember when I was level 50-55 and I asked Cesarz and Blodsugare to help me out because I wanted the record of most exp from an attack and neither replied to me. I kept asking, still no reply :/

12-14-2010 13:58 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Waaaaaaaaambulance

quote:
Originally posted by Clemenza
quote:

that's why this is your 3rd post explaining the same, because OBVIOUSLY you don't care Big Grin

sorry, I cant follow your broken english here so I have no idea what your getting at \O_o/

however i will assume your trying to mock me for saying i dont care in respones to the myriad of posts telling me to "stop crying" when i am merely trying to point out that this is an observation i have made, and infact not me crying over something so utterly pointless and trivial as having my name in a thread on a dwindling games forums...... just need to debate if i should report that post or not claiming offence due to my inability to comprehend what you're trying to convey.... then again i'm not the fiance of a mod so i doubt anything would come of it even if i were to do so. (cwutididthar?)

quote:
no, wait... after your 2 years playing I don't see your name so you have achieved a super big NOTHING not even the 'easy' popular ones

pro-tip: the "easy and popular ones" are the ones you didn't list, namely the most pop earned from attack/defence and resource gathering. I'm sure if i asked around ingame i could find enough people willing to help me farm lower levels and then donate all their collective earnings to me too so i can get a record in exchange for running mobs for them etc. Hell if i had the stones even some of those damage records wouldn't be that hard to beat, just ask a high level friend with majesty to boost their hp as high as they could while minimising their own defence.

My point i hear you ask? - were i to actually bother i wouldn't post it because its utterly meaningless it would just be a testimony to my persuasive and organisational skills not testimony to any innovation or new thinking regarding kit set ups.

@ Unholy Emporer - you clearly need to work on your brown nosing skills then fella Wink

12-14-2010 14:30 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
Clemenza
Puki Mod

Thread Starter Thread Started by Clemenza

quote:
quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Waaaaaaaaambulance

sorry, I cant follow your broken english here so I have no idea what your getting at \O_o/

let's try again - this time I will not use irony to make you understand my words: if you don't care about records then stop whining about it.

quote:
quote:
no, wait... after your 2 years playing I don't see your name so you have achieved a super big NOTHING not even the 'easy' popular ones

pro-tip: the "easy and popular ones" are the ones you didn't list, namely the most pop earned from attack/defence and resource gathering. I'm sure if i asked around ingame i could find enough people willing to help me farm lower levels and then donate all their collective earnings to me too so i can get a record in exchange for running mobs for them etc. Hell if i had the stones even some of those damage records wouldn't be that hard to beat, just ask a high level friend with majesty to boost their hp as high as they could while minimising their own defence.

you were not talking only about some records, you said they are not records of achievement but records of popularity.. so before pointing that what others have achieved is due to popularity or achievement, you should check them and try to understand the big effort was put on it to try to be the best on something. Don't come here and freely say what you consider is fair or not when you have said before you don't care, next time show that you don't care and shut up or try to make a record!!

I can't wait to see how you ask around for resources and then you beat the 'easy and popular' records of:
Most amount of:
* Lgo at one time: 119 911 914 (Blodsugare)
* Blood at one time: 4 138 691 (CESARZ)
* People at one time: 11 787 861 (Cesarz)

Evan made it clear enough:
quote:
Originally posted by Evangelion
There's only one criteria when you look at a record. "Is it higher than the previous one?". If it is then it's a record, no point in arguing.

I'm out of this thread!

12-14-2010 15:08 Clemenza is offline Search for Posts by Clemenza Add Clemenza to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » fair or unfair records

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH