Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » silence of blood effects » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page silence of blood effects
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Medea/DB

silence of blood effects Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Id in game: 27880

Problem description:

Gjallar uses arcana Silence of Blood level 8.
Yumi uses arcana Mask of Adonis level 7.
Yumi uses arcana Mask of Caligula level 6.

Gjallar blocks 7 pts of the opponent`s arcanum Mask of Adonis.
Gjallar blocks 6 pts of the opponent`s arcanum Mask of Caligula

surely this should only amound to 8 points being blocked rather than 13 points?

http://r2.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=457c16f2c8

http://r2.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=cfea2a0327

Necro knows me as Gjallar
12-14-2010 22:05 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Each arcana which is being blocked/absorbed is treated independent. It's supposed to be like that.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
12-14-2010 22:11 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Clan: Medea/DB

Thread Starter Thread Started by kralen
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

surely i should only be blocking 7 points of mask of adonis and 1 point of mask of calgula? I have never know this arcana to block more than its actual number?

Necro knows me as Gjallar
12-14-2010 22:14 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

The game would need to decide which would be the 1st arcana to be blocked/absorbed and which one 2nd or even 3rd. Also would need to decide how much level to put against each of them. To make it easy and simple it's programmed in this way that each arcana is treated independent.

Lvl 8 of Silence of Blood vs. lvl 7 Mask of Adonis and then again
Lvl 8 of Silence of Blood vs. lvl 6 Mask of Caligula

It's the easiest way how to make it work in simplest way.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
12-14-2010 22:32 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Orem
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-699.jpg

Registration Date: 04-18-2010

No Kralen, the Silence of Blood works according to the amount you use.
E.g. I can use Silence Of Blood on level 17, even if there was a race with 20 different arcanas and all of them were at level 17, I would block everything.
Level 17 Silence of Blood against lvl 17 arcana X, level 17 arcana Y, and level 17 arcana Z = Arcana X, Y AND Z blocked.
As Mortis said, it works independently, not for the sum of the enemie's arcana.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Orem: 12-15-2010 01:13.

12-15-2010 01:12 Orem is offline Search for Posts by Orem Add Orem to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Orem
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » silence of blood effects

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH