Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » 2013 Solar Storm » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 2013 Solar Storm
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
VomitorY
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-928.jpg

Registration Date: 04-16-2010
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: DASH

2013 Solar Storm Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space...evastation.html

So there you have it... On 2013,the Sun will reach it's maximum power in the past 11 years(length of a solar cycle),and it will produce a solar storm that will leave the world without power and electricity for periods that will reach 6 months...

Just think of the consequences... Facebook,youtube and google would completely disintegrate...

That's what it is to be slaved

01-29-2011 20:26 VomitorY is offline Homepage of VomitorY Search for Posts by VomitorY Add VomitorY to your Buddy List
sqeshu
squishy mod

Registration Date: 10-03-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: UTA aka BC

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

will be after 2012, when we will enter to bronze age again Smile

01-29-2011 21:22 sqeshu is offline Homepage of sqeshu Search for Posts by sqeshu Add sqeshu to your Buddy List Add sqeshu to your Contact List
npc
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-717.jpg

Registration Date: 03-19-2010

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

then buy many storage battery at 2012 Big Grin .

quote:
news on 14 Jun 2010

junk ?

npc son's name : cpu

01-29-2011 21:30 npc is offline Homepage of npc Search for Posts by npc Add npc to your Buddy List Add npc to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of npc: no-reply@aol.com YIM Account Name of npc: no-reply@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for npc
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

And then we can finally put to rest this "Global Warming" [censored].

[/physics student opinion.]

01-29-2011 23:51 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Bat
Double Ace

Registration Date: 07-23-2008

Fun fun fun

01-30-2011 10:23 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009
Race in game: Absorber

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC

What does this have to do with global warming? The only effect from the sun we're likely to have is increased electromagnetic radiation, which won't affect global climate, only electrical systems with great sensitivity as it explains in the article. The fact you had to mention you were a physics student just confused me further as to what you were in fact trying to say.

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

01-30-2011 10:51 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

quote:
Originally posted by LucifersAngel
quote:

What does this have to do with global warming? The only effect from the sun we're likely to have is increased electromagnetic radiation, which won't affect global climate, only electrical systems with great sensitivity as it explains in the article. The fact you had to mention you were a physics student just confused me further as to what you were in fact trying to say.

According to physicists 'global warming' symptoms have been caused from the coelescion of the three cycles of the sun.

Although CO2 obviously does have an impact on the environment, gasses such as water vapour and methane are FAR worse.

You'd do better for the environment by killing hamsters/cats/dogs/cows than to turn off your lights or TV.

01-30-2011 12:00 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

quote:
quote:
quote:

According to physicists 'global warming' symptoms have been caused from the coelescion of the three cycles of the sun.

Although CO2 obviously does have an impact on the environment, gasses such as water vapour and methane are FAR worse.

You'd do better for the environment by killing hamsters/cats/dogs/cows than to turn off your lights or TV.

These things you mention are all true. What confuses me still further is why you refer to global warming in inverted commas as though it's fictional, then continue to argue its existance if, albeit, in a very roundabout fashion. Besides, rice-paddy fields are probably the largest producer of methane after termites. In which case we have a choice. Wipe out the largest supply of food in the world, or wipe out the largest quantity of any living creature on the planet.

We're going a bit off-topic though. Everyone remember the end to Fight Club? I personally can't wait Smile

EZLN

01-30-2011 12:08 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

Sorry my bad, i meant "Global warming symptoms". Grammar, it r saev ur lyf.

Anyway, i thought the 2nd largest source of methane was cow excrement?

I had a similar argument with a friend recently, and apparently we can survive on a lot less meat intake than is produced. Thus, our demand for beef is doing rather a bad thing for the environment Frown

But hey ho capitalism.

<3 fight club.

Back to the original post, ive heard about this sun activity before. Apparently if anything like this occurs, we will get northern lights all the way through the UK!

Anyway, never listen to media spin. If this did occur, there would be a small EMP type effect. But not "end of the world" style. Yes electronics will be damaged, but its more of a turn-off-and-on-situation than anything else.

Anyway, we're blessed with a magnetosphere that keeps us alive. The little amount of [extra] solar wind won't do that much damage, and my guess would be that it would be easy to cut down the damage it could do. Some solar wind does get through to the poles, which is why northern lights exist. And norway seems to do fine with this apocalyptic electrical effect.

01-30-2011 12:16 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

I mentioned to a friend it was probably exaggeration by the sensationalist media, but we (anarcho-primitivists) can but hope to return to a meritocracy Smile I do agree though that chances are, this will probably be a damp squib of an effect. We'll get some black-outs fr a few days at most then all will return to normal probably. Then again, I give it about 6 months before the first Hollywood epic goes into production, where a crew of incredibly attractive astronauts have to go blow up the sun with a nuclear weapon ten times the size of earth to save the world.

EZLN

01-30-2011 12:22 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

These things you mention are all true. What confuses me still further is why you refer to global warming in inverted commas as though it's fictional, then continue to argue its existance if, albeit, in a very roundabout fashion. Besides, rice-paddy fields are probably the largest producer of methane after termites. In which case we have a choice. Wipe out the largest supply of food in the world, or wipe out the largest quantity of any living creature on the planet.

We're going a bit off-topic though. Everyone remember the end to Fight Club? I personally can't wait Smile

Global warming is fictional =P
Have you ever been to Wales?

And this probs won't happen like everything else thats in the news

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
01-30-2011 12:23 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Foxy
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hate to point this out Foxy, but yeah, I'm Welsh. Also, we're in the wrong place for global warming really. As the ice-caps melt, they release cold water into our weather streams, slowing them down, making us colder. The difference between weather and climate is important. On the whole, the entire globe's average temperature is increasing, however, locally, temperatures might very well be decreasing.

EDIT: This description is VERY simplified.

EZLN

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by LucifersAngel: 01-30-2011 12:26.

01-30-2011 12:25 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Foxy
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hate to point this out Foxy, but yeah, I'm Welsh. Also, we're in the wrong place for global warming really. As the ice-caps melt, they release cold water into our weather streams, slowing them down, making us colder. The difference between weather and climate is important. On the whole, the entire globe's average temperature is increasing, however, locally, temperatures might very well be decreasing.

EDIT: This description is VERY simplified.

Im not idiot =P was joke, im doing A level Chem and Physics =P

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
01-30-2011 12:54 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

"He said large swathes of the world could face being without power for several months, although he admitted that was unlikely.

A more likely scenario was that large areas, including northern Europe and Britain which have “fragile” power grids, would be without power and access to electronic devices for hours, possibly even days."

So only those with weak power grids will have a few days of blackout if they don't prepare now for it. I'll start being concerned if it gets to the point were NASA says then entire world will black out for years....oddly enough that happened in a manga I was reading...ha.

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

01-30-2011 21:34 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
VomitorY
Forum Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by VomitorY

quote:
Originally posted by Lysandra

So only those with weak power grids will have a few days of blackout if they don't prepare now for it.

Knowing Serbia,i might as well prepare now.

01-30-2011 22:35 VomitorY is offline Homepage of VomitorY Search for Posts by VomitorY Add VomitorY to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Clan: Source

global warming is a natural cycle though, so i don't see why everyone is throwing a complete jew over it...

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

01-30-2011 23:07 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
VomitorY
Forum Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by VomitorY

quote:
Originally posted by smierc
global warming is a natural cycle though, so i don't see why everyone is throwing a complete jew over it...

A natural cycle that has been drastically sped up.

01-30-2011 23:43 VomitorY is offline Homepage of VomitorY Search for Posts by VomitorY Add VomitorY to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by VomitorY
quote:
Originally posted by smierc

A natural cycle that has been drastically sped up.

Precisely, it's long been a defence of skeptics that it's a natural cycle. However, what most people fail to realise when they say this is that this natural cycle ought to bring us back into a long overdue ice age. Increase in global average temperature has happened instead which brings about suspicion. Most of all though, the alternative theory, which I think smierc is refering to, is that the temperature fluctuates on a much smaller level, in a shorter quantity of time than is usually required for ice ages etc. This is also true. However, human activity has massively increased the rate at which this should naturally occur.

EZLN

01-31-2011 10:11 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

Yeah, its not like we're recovering from an ice age or anything.

[hint hint, its why we have frozen poles.]

The globe gets hotter as we recover, until there will be no ice left on the poles.

A long time after that, the ice will reform, and the ice caps will reach probably france-ish.

01-31-2011 11:11 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
wezman1492

Registration Date: 06-17-2009

RE: 2013 Solar Storm Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am 37 y/o and they were telling me in grade school how the world was going to end if we did not do anything about "global warming"...California was going to fall into the ocean...Florida was going to be underwater....etc.

Al Gore is buying up ocean front property in Florida.....if he believed his own theories why would he do that??

By the way this is the COLDEST winter on record in the US since the early 1900's.

OH thats right it is getting colder cuz of global warming...heard some scientist say that the other day...what a joke.

IGN=namzew

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by wezman1492: 01-31-2011 15:48.

01-31-2011 13:33 wezman1492 is offline Search for Posts by wezman1492 Add wezman1492 to your Buddy List
Gat

images/avatars/avatar-696.gif

Registration Date: 11-23-2009
Clan: S.S.

6 months without Internet?!?!?!
and even worse, without porn?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
THE END IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

01-31-2011 14:57 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

quote:
Originally posted by Gat
6 months without Internet?!?!?!
and even worse, without porn?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
THE END IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad phrasing my friend.

@wez, the coldest winder was probably in the 1600's at the maunders minimum.

01-31-2011 19:51 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » 2013 Solar Storm

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH