Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Second Sun in the sky? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Second Sun in the sky?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Second Sun in the sky? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Reading Vom's thread reminded me about this: http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews...ory_626703.html

It may not happen in our lifetime but when it does there won't be any night time on earth for weeks! Shocked Big Grin

01-30-2011 21:46 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This happened before in the 1000's.

The brightest one recorded yielded this result:

'Some sources state that the star was bright enough to cast shadows; it was certainly seen during daylight hours for some time, and the modern-day astronomer Frank Winkler has said that "in the spring of 1006, people could probably have read manuscripts at midnight by its light."[2]'

Yet again, i fear the media overhypes.

If we get one night of day, i'll quite happily eat my hat.

Bloody 2012, the mayans knew everything apparently. Theres probably a more reasonable conclusion, e.g. they just ran out of rock...

01-30-2011 22:15 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Clan: BoS

Thread Starter Thread Started by Unholy Emperor
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC

Bloody 2012, the mayans knew everything apparently. Theres probably a more reasonable conclusion, e.g. they just ran out of rock...

Hahaha!

01-30-2011 22:24 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
VomitorY
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-928.jpg

Registration Date: 04-16-2010
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: DASH

HAhahahahhahhahahh....

1. About the sun - STOP SMOKING WEED!!!!!!! xD

2. About OTNC's comment - How can you run out of rock in a planet called Earth? xD
P.S. give me a slice of your hat Wink

3. About the picture - My sentiments exactly.

That's what it is to be slaved

01-30-2011 22:31 VomitorY is offline Homepage of VomitorY Search for Posts by VomitorY Add VomitorY to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

quote:

by that you mean England right? Wink because i know places that already have 24/7 sun light sometimes Tongue
01-30-2011 22:33 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
VomitorY
Forum Ace

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
quote:

by that you mean England right? Wink because i know places that already have 24/7 sun light sometimes Tongue

Polar months.. Northern Sweden and Norway have those issues,where it's constant sun for 6 months... After those 6 months pass,it's darkness time! Smile

01-30-2011 22:36 VomitorY is offline Homepage of VomitorY Search for Posts by VomitorY Add VomitorY to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

quote:
Originally posted by VomitorY
quote:
quote:

Polar months.. Northern Sweden and Norway have those issues,where it's constant sun for 6 months... After those 6 months pass,it's darkness time! Smile

Exactly Wink thats why i asked if he meant England otherwise i want to see a pic of him eating a hat right now >.<
01-30-2011 22:40 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
VomitorY
Forum Ace

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VomitorY
quote:
quote:

Exactly Wink thats why i asked if he meant England otherwise i want to see a pic of him eating a hat right now >.<

Here's something way weirder and more interesting than Cubey eating a hat Wink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...d&v=SB_AI0ZGDmI

01-30-2011 22:46 VomitorY is offline Homepage of VomitorY Search for Posts by VomitorY Add VomitorY to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

I meant England/the world tbh.

I study areas that have entire days of sunlight. But we're not north enough for that Smile

01-31-2011 06:04 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

I like the night time, having day time for weeks on end would kill me. Well, not literally but I'd be hiding in my house in the dark by day 3...haha.

On the Mayan thing: I could so see them just stopping because they figured they would live to see 2012 anyway. Or simply for the reason it would freak someone out. I know I would.

And...I'd pay to see someone eat their hat...lol

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

02-01-2011 00:42 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Second Sun in the sky?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH