Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Innovation » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Innovation 7 Votes - Average Rating: 8.577 Votes - Average Rating: 8.577 Votes - Average Rating: 8.577 Votes - Average Rating: 8.57
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Gat

images/avatars/avatar-696.gif

Registration Date: 11-23-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: S.S.

Innovation Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, i know, i ve busted your @@ every now and then, suggesting bizarre things that will never happen, but me trying, means that i haven't given up on this game yet, and that i still believe that they(admins,mods,bots,programmers,whatever) still care about us fellows in UK1&2 (preferably 2!) servers.
After this short (...) introduction, i want to share with you my latest idea:
Random Public Tournaments RPT(=pronounced as in Are PiTy!) (or Public Matches Safari PMS!)
Before you start cursing and defile my name, lemme clarify first what i have in mind this time!
We all know how difficult it is to raise enough poh, then finally get a team together, afterwards to finally get the right mob, and lastly to kill the damn thing with our KILLING BLOW! That's why many high players are still stuck to Noble or even Gold for ages (in some cases, almost year!).
So, how about adding a new feature? An option, like Arena, but not weekly this time more like every 2-3 days, where you can sign up yourself for the expo of your choice, and get to fight mobs with the collaboration of people in different guilds. I m sure they (admins,mods,bots,programmers,whatever) will find a way to make our lives miserable again, by adding new difficulties, or getting "accidentally" (this time i m pretty sure you will have more chances to get) into a PvP match instead , but it will worth the shot! As for the "tribute" to get into a Public Match like that, could be the double or triple poh you usually pay for yourself. At least this time, you won't have to gather 500 poh each time you want to start an expo.
Also, when someone gets the KB could get a fraction of the badge and when he gathers all the pieces, they can start that expo. (The fractions could be like 1 for White, 2 for Black and so on)
Of course, my idea has many loose ends and great potentials, and yeah i haven't thought of everything (yet) but, in the end, that's their (admins,mods,bots,programmers,whatever) job to do so, right?
Please, i could use some feedback, though keep it civil!

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

02-02-2011 19:05 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
VomitorY
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-928.jpg

Registration Date: 04-16-2010
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: DASH

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This went through my mind long ago...

Now i take you as a harbinger of my thoughts Wink

As for the flaws...
- Badge fractions? why don't you divide the server while you're at it.. xD
- PoH. You're implementing this because of the lack of PoH,but yet you suggest that you double,or triple it's price in here? Smile
- Badge fraction PURPOSE. "Also, when someone gets the KB could get a fraction of the badge and when he gathers all the pieces, they can start that expo"... Please clarify this for me,so i can comment here.... Big Grin
- My new signature is awesome.

Anyway,this would be awesome with a few adjustments Wink

That's what it is to be slaved

02-02-2011 19:23 VomitorY is offline Homepage of VomitorY Search for Posts by VomitorY Add VomitorY to your Buddy List
Gat

Thread Starter Thread Started by Gat
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

- Well, there is a big difference between having to gather 500 poh and 140-210 poh. At least half the time.
- Each badge would be in pieces/partitions/fractions, e.g. 1/2 of Black if you get one KB plus another 1/2 for one more KB would result in 2/2 of Black Badge, thus the whole Badge (like unlocking an achievement).
-your signature is nice Smile

Adding new things means evolution. Everything in nature (and so online as well) either evolves, or decays and dies for something else to take its place.

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

02-02-2011 19:33 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
stonemake

Registration Date: 11-04-2009

Don't say that its hard to collect POH, have you played server that you get POH only through sieges? Wink

Arena idea is not good idea because I don't like helping other clans to grow up, they have to do it by them selfs

Badge fractions makes game lot harder than it is so no thanks

02-02-2011 20:59 stonemake is offline Search for Posts by stonemake Add stonemake to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

save up some PoH and keep going for your badge....

most of us got our badges through expos then they invented "the arena" where it ALWAYS has mobs....

bide your time and you will get it....

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

02-02-2011 21:01 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Gat

Paranoia, my prob is not only the badge or the poh. is adding new things to keep the game interesting. the POV "dont change anything, things are well as they are" is obsolete and bound to fail.
P.S. not always has mobs. i ve got 6 pvp out of 25 arenas. thats 24% chance to get pvp (or simply once every month)

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

02-02-2011 21:10 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
VomitorY
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-928.jpg

Registration Date: 04-16-2010
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: DASH

quote:
Originally posted by Gat
i ve got 6 pvp out of 25 arenas. thats 24% chance to get pvp (or simply once every month)

Completely Variable.
I think that we actually don't know what that chance is... RNG is very tricky Wink

Finally i see someone actually trying to change something on necro... I admire you,my friend Smile

But i wouldn't complicate the game by halving the badges.. Your initial idea was 1 fraction for WD,2 for a BD and so on... That would mean that we would have to kill a sphinx incredible 12 times to get the badge.. it's slowing the server down even more Smile

That's what it is to be slaved

02-02-2011 21:31 VomitorY is offline Homepage of VomitorY Search for Posts by VomitorY Add VomitorY to your Buddy List
Gat

quote:

But i wouldn't complicate the game by halving the badges.. Your initial idea was 1 fraction for WD,2 for a BD and so on... That would mean that we would have to kill a sphinx incredible 12 times to get the badge.. it's slowing the server down even more Smile

Actually, i mean to get fragments when it is NOT your expo and you kill the mob. when it IS your expo, you ll get the whole badge. If that is not fair, then you could get 1/2 of the badge if it IS your expo.
Imagine organising the Sphinx 10 times and not landing the killing blow, then assist a clanmate and kill his. in that case you will be a step closer to badge, plus "urge" your clan to level all players equally, so that they too can start a Sphinx. Elsewhere, you ll have the current status quo, where high-end players (in z2-z3 which generates free poh) start everyday expos and call up or have already booked half the guild to assist them and there is none to help a low-level kill a small phoenix.
In my scenario, the lil fellow, who by total chance landed the KB, would get 1/12 of the sphinx. That would be an incentive and a feeling of accomplishment. Whereas, now, the lil guy who helps as meat shield, doesn't even get xp, nor has available clanmates free to assist them in their own expo.
Plus, with my scenario, lil fellows, assisting each other, will get their badges fast at first, slower afterwards, which is a rule for any MMO to succeed and become addicting!

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

02-02-2011 22:14 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
dreamdusk

images/avatars/avatar-332.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2008
Clan: BIA / S.S.

That sounds good to me, incentive to kill a mob even when it's not your expo, and incentive for the meatshield to bother turning up.

I also agree with the idea of including players from other clans in expos. Sometimes, there just aren't enough players of the required levels in your own clan to achieve the desired expo results, and it's a real pain getting them to hop across to your clan to help, especially if your clan is full, so some sort of 'loan' system to achieve this would be useful.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to take advice...

02-03-2011 00:51 dreamdusk is offline Search for Posts by dreamdusk Add dreamdusk to your Buddy List
Gat

Think of all the commotion you will be saving yourselves when you want to loan some ppl from another clan, which they inhibit in z3. Most likely (or should i say "certainly") both clans will have their Z3 spots all covered without any vacancies left. That would mean, in order to "borrow" a player from another clan in Z3, he'll have to move out to Z4, switch clans, join the expo, switch clans again, go back to Z3. Ergo, to loan a Z3 player, means to spent more than 3 days.

quote:
That sounds good to me, incentive to kill a mob even when it's not your expo, and incentive for the meatshield to bother turning up.

As well stated by my dear dreamdusk, we need to ..scratch that. BW developers who are get their salaries out of us, need to make this game more appealing. If you lvl too easy, you get bored as easily as when you dont lvl at all. And with 30xp per quest, a lvl40 needs months before they can see some real action in expos.
Well, it's either that, or give more poh to the people and more accessible equipment(or do nothing at all, as you are used to do so).
After all, it's not my game to be interested in its future, and if i get bored even more of it, I will just stop playing and paying. And I m pretty sure other will follow.
P.S. don't you think that with Act3 you ll "bribe" us into playing forever after. You ll just postpone the inevitable, if you keep not adding new more exciting stuff. And when players get to do the R&D work, that means something.

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

02-03-2011 03:12 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
Gat

as i have seen in dif. posts, dev do not actually care about UK servers, as their fat cow is other servers. So, nothing will change. And if it does, it won't be for us, or because of us.
Thanx for the feedback though

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

02-08-2011 00:19 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Innovation

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH