Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » how come there are no suffixes/prefixes » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page how come there are no suffixes/prefixes 4 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Gat

images/avatars/avatar-696.gif

Registration Date: 11-23-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: S.S.

how come there are no suffixes/prefixes Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

for guns?
that would be fun and diversity! having Good Desert Eagle of Vengeance or Perfect FnFal of the Bat or (odd) Good Poisonous Magnum! Adding a feature like that, would add some spice to this game

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

02-02-2011 19:20 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
mortanius
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-604.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: WOLF

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would hate to see Pre and suffix on guns .
A Gunman with two legendary Scorpios and a good solar set is already on 20+ attacks a round .
And with the legendary bonus to-hit can hit higher than a sniper with the same perception .
Guns are fine as they are.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mortanius: 02-02-2011 19:46.

02-02-2011 19:45 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
Gat

Thread Starter Thread Started by Gat
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well, speaking of the UW side, yes they are, where you can have fusion and almost endless possibilities for equipment/tattoes. How about the Necro side though?

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

02-02-2011 20:03 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

id love prefixes and suffixes on guns tbh....

Hit them HARD with the nerfbat and make those b******s actually work for their weapons like us 1h mellee people....

that is all Smile

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

02-02-2011 20:56 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
stonemake

Registration Date: 11-04-2009

well it would be bit overpower. I think all of you have seen gunner's manage without prefixes and suffixes Wink

02-02-2011 21:03 stonemake is offline Search for Posts by stonemake Add stonemake to your Buddy List
Gat

also, we ve seen how a 2H melee player, with an G.agile 2H stick-o-death, G.Speed Shirt and vengie set can kill you first round. but that doesnt mean they ll nerf speed, or 2H melee in general...unless because of my statement they realise that this happens and they do!

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

02-02-2011 21:07 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
Bat
Double Ace

Registration Date: 07-23-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia
id love prefixes and suffixes on guns tbh....

Hit them HARD with the nerfbat and make those b******s actually work for their weapons like us 1h mellee people....

that is all Smile

I'd love that as im now 1h gunner , there is like part missing when i dont merge any weapons :/ id merge the **** out of guns

02-02-2011 21:20 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
VomitorY
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-928.jpg

Registration Date: 04-16-2010
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: DASH

On necro,i would like this idea very much. But on UW,that would be a different story..

That's what it is to be slaved

02-02-2011 21:25 VomitorY is offline Homepage of VomitorY Search for Posts by VomitorY Add VomitorY to your Buddy List
Gat

i m just saying, that while in UW you have merging and tattoos for diversity, it would be a way to balance things by adding pre/suffixes to guns on Necro. and if it works well, it could be embedded on UW as well. or not.

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

02-02-2011 21:58 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
VomitorY
Forum Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Gat
i m just saying, that while in UW you have merging and tattoos for diversity, it would be a way to balance things by adding pre/suffixes to guns on Necro. and if it works well, it could be embedded on UW as well. or not.

Surely not on UW... But i would like to see it on necro...
But the problem would be that these existing prefixes and suffixes were designed for melee weapons... The only decent possibility i see is a Shining Scorpio of Vengeance... Finding that in leg perfect on a quest is something next to impossible... Smile

So i think,either new prefixes and suffixes,or nothing Frown

02-03-2011 10:47 VomitorY is offline Homepage of VomitorY Search for Posts by VomitorY Add VomitorY to your Buddy List
Gat

Well, even now, all the pre/suffixes available are not suitable/useful for melee. but those in a gun would add some spice.
e.g. biting for extra crit, vengeance for +dmg etc

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

02-03-2011 13:40 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

That's the reason why there are no pre/suffixes for guns, and no prefixes for ranged: http://wiki.bloodwars.net/index.php?title=Damage when fighting melee you should use some heavy armor Wink

quote:
IGN: Atomos

02-03-2011 13:53 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
VomitorY
Forum Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Undivisible
That's the reason why there are no pre/suffixes for guns, and no prefixes for ranged: http://wiki.bloodwars.net/index.php?title=Damage when fighting melee you should use some heavy armor Wink

I fail to grasp your point Big Grin

02-03-2011 15:01 VomitorY is offline Homepage of VomitorY Search for Posts by VomitorY Add VomitorY to your Buddy List
npc
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-717.jpg

Registration Date: 03-19-2010

maybe better add/change topic/subject to [necropolis],
seems many people confuse.

I support/agree everything that make level up faster.
suffix/prefix on all item also good.

I want to see what happen if someone able get chonos badge.

npc son's name : cpu

02-03-2011 15:09 npc is offline Homepage of npc Search for Posts by npc Add npc to your Buddy List Add npc to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of npc: no-reply@aol.com YIM Account Name of npc: no-reply@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for npc
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

quote:
Originally posted by VomitorY
quote:

I fail to grasp your point Big Grin
The thing is: melee damage is reduced by half of the targets defence, while guns damage is reduced only by half of the targets toughness. If guns had pre/sufixes on top of that they would be way overpowered, more similar to melee weapons and it would ruin diversity of weapons in BW. Right now you just have to play differently with guns.

quote:
IGN: Atomos

02-03-2011 15:27 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
Gat

quote:
The thing is: melee damage is reduced by half of the targets defence, while guns damage is reduced only by half of the targets toughness. If guns had pre/sufixes on top of that they would be way overpowered, more similar to melee weapons and it would ruin diversity of weapons in BW. Right now you just have to play differently with guns.

Even now, with melee weapons have to go through a person's armor and toughness, they still do more dmg than guns. Anyone who has been in a siege can tell you that. Plus, don't forget that to get +1dmg in melee you need 1 STR whereas in guns you need +3KNOW, meaning a 2H can crit for 1k dmg.
Anyway, my whole point was not that guns are inferior of melee. Hell, each has it's own pros and cons. my point was to add some colour to this dev-forsaken place.

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

02-03-2011 15:55 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
VomitorY
Forum Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Gat

Even now, with melee weapons have to go through a person's armor and toughness, they still do more dmg than guns. Anyone who has been in a siege can tell you that. Plus, don't forget that to get +1dmg in melee you need 1 STR whereas in guns you need +3KNOW, meaning a 2H can crit for 1k dmg.
Anyway, my whole point was not that guns are inferior of melee. Hell, each has it's own pros and cons. my point was to add some colour to this dev-forsaken place.

Ok,i'll add colour... Smile The thing is,even though this is not too hard(i think) to do,the devs still won't do it.. I'll put my head on a silver plate if they do...

02-03-2011 16:01 VomitorY is offline Homepage of VomitorY Search for Posts by VomitorY Add VomitorY to your Buddy List
XxShanexX

Registration Date: 01-30-2011
Clan: Leader N-B

that would be good but guns are already insanely powered but yhh I could image good Murderous Uzi of Suicide but that would make gunners kick the living sh** out of mellee users cuz how insane would the damage be

Proud Member of Noble Squad
Im the Communicator of the clan i keep in touch with allies

02-03-2011 20:43 XxShanexX is offline Search for Posts by XxShanexX Add XxShanexX to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

1h guns aren't weak
this discusion has been brought up plenty of times

only 22 attacks per round asuming gunman ect with 35% extra damnge if leg
even if they aren't they are fine

also where one strenght is one damage for mellee guns do have other ways to get damage like bandana which is easier to get to get a prec sufix on

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by fool: 02-04-2011 00:44.

02-04-2011 00:40 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Gat

my point is not if they are weak and need to be balanced, but in adding something new to this game so there is a plethora of choices and more paths for one to choose, other that the same setup most choose. At least in Necro, where you cannot merge items, nor can you have tattoos for diversity depending on your play-style

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

02-04-2011 08:20 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Clan: BoS

Well if you're finding Necro to be a bit boring, why don't you move to Underworld?

02-04-2011 08:23 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Gat

well, it come me a long time to raise a char, so if i find necro even more tedious, or if i find that devs don't give a dime for uk servs, then i ll switch games, not servers.
Still, while i m here, i might as well make the difference. Besides this idea for guns with pre/suffixes i also have another, about public expos.
Innovation

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

02-04-2011 08:28 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » how come there are no suffixes/prefixes

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH