Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » 30 second AutoRefresh rate and in game messenger » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 30 second AutoRefresh rate and in game messenger 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bocochoco

Registration Date: 01-07-2011

Question 30 second AutoRefresh rate and in game messenger Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have looked and found nothing similar to this anywhere on the boards.

This suggestion imo would lead to a great deal of smoother operations for the layout of the system.

To add header code to auto refresh pages at set intervals...30 seconds sounds about right. Maybe a minute to avoid lag.

Simply add this to header
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="30">
The 30 is in seconds

Would have to have a way to avoid resetting checked boxes for things like equipping items though

By implimented this it would lead to my

An In game private instant messenger window with option to allow only for friends and allies

Such as Ajax for instance(very similar to facebook IM)

In game we currently use our message box to keep saved important posts mostly and recheck our battles and quests. Messaging back and forth this way can cause problems with cleaning up our inbox constantly day in and day out which becomes very duldrum.

My thinking is this in a nutshell

Refresh rate eliminates to need to constantly F5 or click on links to see if you get a message or something pops up. Adding an IM feature would open up to better communications for ALL aspects of teamwork/trading in the game. Make things run smoother. And attract and KEEP more players.

At least an auto refresh option is easy/free/and useful

http://r2.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?a=profile&uid=28082

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bocochoco: 02-07-2011 11:57.

02-07-2011 11:45 bocochoco is offline Homepage of bocochoco Search for Posts by bocochoco Add bocochoco to your Buddy List
sqeshu
squishy mod

Registration Date: 10-03-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: UTA aka BC

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

you can set your own value for auto refresh in browser

02-07-2011 13:07 sqeshu is offline Homepage of sqeshu Search for Posts by sqeshu Add sqeshu to your Buddy List Add sqeshu to your Contact List
Malle8398
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-927.jpg

Registration Date: 03-10-2010
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: KhOrNe/BC

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think this is a great idea... If it is possible the devs should absolutly do this.. Wink

Underworld: Gravedigga

***Hunter S. Thompson 1937-2005***

May your soul rest in peace
02-07-2011 13:39 Malle8398 is offline Search for Posts by Malle8398 Add Malle8398 to your Buddy List
npc
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-717.jpg

Registration Date: 03-19-2010

1. please dont make bw like livescores.com
I often oversleep when all page open, so if my buddy saw me online (because of autorefresh) but Im offline (sleep) !.

and say goodbye with phone connection if this occur.

2. ingame messenger ok but please dont ever think using ajax, its will add more lag..
need 3 times connection than usually..

@sqeshu, depend your browser,
opera mini and kmeleon cant do auto refresh.

and thank god I dont have facebook,
msn, yahoo, icq, irc are more than enough for me..

npc son's name : cpu

02-07-2011 13:53 npc is offline Homepage of npc Search for Posts by npc Add npc to your Buddy List Add npc to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of npc: no-reply@aol.com YIM Account Name of npc: no-reply@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for npc
Gat

images/avatars/avatar-696.gif

Registration Date: 11-23-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: S.S.

1. opera has option to autorefresh (left click on Page, Reload Every, and you choose the seconds/minutes).
2. it already has a Live Chat option.
So, if the devs can do absolutely nothing about our gaming experience, they will [do nothing] (its the Murphy's Law, applied on dev mode!)

100-500 /20
500-1000 /50
1k-5k /100
5k-10k /500
10k-50k /1k
50k-100k /5k

02-07-2011 15:00 Gat is offline Search for Posts by Gat Add Gat to your Buddy List
npc
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-717.jpg

Registration Date: 03-19-2010

quote:
Originally posted by Gat
1. opera has option to autorefresh (left click on Page, Reload Every, and you choose the seconds/minutes).

opera mini. Big Grin
I never use opera on PC because many good/low-ram browser founded.

npc son's name : cpu

02-07-2011 15:15 npc is offline Homepage of npc Search for Posts by npc Add npc to your Buddy List Add npc to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of npc: no-reply@aol.com YIM Account Name of npc: no-reply@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for npc
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

I'm pretty sure this will cause massive lag because of people who forget to turn of their browsers, it would be mainly unnecessary clicks anyway.

As for the second one I'm sorry but we have no current plans of implemeting an in-game chat.

02-07-2011 22:45 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: CUBS

There's nothing stopping people from using IRC...

02-07-2011 22:48 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » 30 second AutoRefresh rate and in game messenger

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH