Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » Self-Bidding War » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Self-Bidding War
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

Self-Bidding War Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am not certain whether this needs to go in Bugs or not but anyway

I was bidding on a nitem in the auction, yet everytime I did it told me that I hadn't bid enough, and the number of stones bid didn't go up, so I rebid, and it went to what I had bid before, and was telling me it was not enough. This happened about five times (I was very tired) and then I realised that I was bidding against myself. I was the only person to bid on it in the last space of it, I lost so many stones I now need, what happened?

Your imperfection.
07-06-2008 01:34 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Clan: TDK

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't really get your problem

- either you were the first bidder, and then you put another bid, you got the message saying you were overbid and thought you need to put more stones. (no bug) I sometime overbid myself to try to have a sure win when aauction ends while i am sleeping.

-you always stayed on auction pages and when you click on bid after telling amount of stone it did not work (bug).

edit : if it is the first case, you just have to check if you have the gold crown on auction line or not to see if are the top bidder.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Mlarinon: 07-06-2008 02:21.

07-06-2008 02:20 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Thread Starter Thread Started by Raxis
.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Never a gold crown, yet I knwo that I was the only one bidding. Cos I won it, without a gold crown on the bid. I never deliberately overbid myself, if I want an item I bid just up from the last person.

Problem was that I kept outbidding myself, I was wondering where my stones were when I was bidding, yet it kept telling me that 5% thing, even though the bid was placed :S Like I said, I realised too late

Your imperfection.
07-06-2008 02:28 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS exLead

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If you have won it there must be the gold crown otherwise it means you didnt won it. If it was saying your bid is not high enough then someone were bidding against you.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mortis: 07-06-2008 04:08.

07-06-2008 04:07 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Raxis
Set Abominae

No because my stones were dissapearing. There was never a gold crown and I won the auction, I have explained that.

The fact that someone was bidding at exactly the same point as me every time, yet me still winning AFTER I gave up when I realised I was bidding against myself, the fact is that my final bid when I realised still told me it was too low! Yet I still won, I kept outbidding myuself thanks to some stupid glitch, I lost about htre times as much as I should've

Your imperfection.
07-06-2008 10:57 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS exLead

That's correct, when you bid the stones are removed from you. If there is no crown next the item, you cant be the winner.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
07-07-2008 12:26 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Well I won it without a crown. It doesn't matter what you say there because it most certainly happened. i ended up bidding against myself because the damn thing cocked up, I won even though I realised what was happening and there was no crown next to the item in question.

Your imperfection.
07-07-2008 13:11 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Can you give us any message ids concerning this auction? Being overbid, winning etc?

07-07-2008 17:49 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

Fraid not I deleted it all. I was trying to find out whether it had happened to anyone else

Your imperfection.
07-07-2008 20:12 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

it isnt a bug, it happened to me out of curiosity before. Technically you CAN bid against yourself.

If you are the highest bidder on an item, and you bid again with more stones, you automatically recieve a message telling you your last bid has been outbid, it just doesnt explain that YOU were the one to outbid it.

It is quite a silly glitch really but thats what happened.

You bid on an item you already were the highest bidder on, recieved that automatic message telling you the last bid had been beaten, then you bid again, got another message...

Can be quite confusing.

07-08-2008 01:50 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Raxis
Set Abominae

"If you are the highest bidder on an item, and you bid again with more stones, you automatically recieve a message telling you your last bid has been outbid, it just doesnt explain that YOU were the one to outbid it. "

Fraid not. I know you can bid against yourself deliberately. But I got no messages saying I had been outbid.

I got a message about it being below the 5% minimum at the Top of the auction, where it normally says 'Your bid has been successfully placed'. So I replaced the bid, and got the 5% thing again, so I try again with a higher bid, this time it comes up AGAIN and my bid from the previous 2 turns ago appears as the current bid, I'm afraid that what you explained Artir is not what happened

Your imperfection.
07-08-2008 02:09 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Serafine
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-247.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2008
Clan: [-END-]

I was bidding on multiple items one time.

As the screen appeared Item 1 was at top of screen. Item 2 right below it.

I bid on both items.

Item 2 received a bid and moved to slot 1. I didn't notice it move so I clicked on slot 2, which was now Item 1 (which I was still highest bidder on). When I clicked to bid, it gave me a message on that screen, similiar in location etc to the "your bid has been placed" message, asking "Are you sure you want to increase your bid?".

From that I gathered that if you are the only bidder then it will ask you before upping your own bid. Otherwise you are bidding against someone else who is bidding at exactly the same time as you. Bids are updated by the second and you will often see many bids going into an item near its closing time.

It can happen that in the time it takes you to click bid and adjust stones, someone else has placed a bid, especially if you are tired (or drunk like I am on friday nights when I play lol).

In future refresh the page by just clicking Item List again at the top.

I know this doesn't help too much, just giving my 10 cent worth (Inflation in Ireland has increased the value of my 2 cents worth)

Selling:

See Necro Profile - mostly rubbish tbh.

Buying:

See IGProfile.
07-08-2008 12:53 Serafine is offline Search for Posts by Serafine Add Serafine to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Serafine
Raxis
Set Abominae

Afraid I was neither intoxicated or tired, nor did I get a message asking if I wanted to do it. Also the fact that my stones had gone to the bid (When I realised) yet it still told me that I had not bid enough. And the fact I won even though it told me my bid was not high enough and there was no crwon, yet by some gace of stupidity I won it!

Your imperfection.
07-08-2008 12:57 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Serafine
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-247.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2008
Clan: [-END-]

RE: Self-Bidding War Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
This happened about five times (I was very tired) and ...

You can see why I mentioned "tired" (the drunk bit was just about me Tongue )

Selling:

See Necro Profile - mostly rubbish tbh.

Buying:

See IGProfile.
07-08-2008 13:05 Serafine is offline Search for Posts by Serafine Add Serafine to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Serafine
Raxis
Set Abominae

Not in that sense, I was saying tired from work... eg exhaustion. I was assuming you meant sleep debtr by your comment.

Your imperfection.
07-08-2008 13:07 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » Self-Bidding War

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH