Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Battlefield » Battlefield - Underworld » Badge of Honour » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Badge of Honour 8 Votes - Average Rating: 8.888 Votes - Average Rating: 8.888 Votes - Average Rating: 8.888 Votes - Average Rating: 8.88
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-79.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: The Source

Badge of Honour Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Curse of St. George:

This is not an opportunity to moan, but rather to share a minor anomaly with you Wink I've begun to think I'm cursed when it comes to getting my Red Drake badge. My stats are good (and getting better all the time). My damage is good. I've tried umpteen different teams. So is it rank bad luck, something I'm doing wrong ... or could it really be the Curse of St. George?! You decide...

1. First attempt, with sniper rifle
2. Firebreath 1
3. Firebreath 2
4. Firebreath 3
5. Missed strike 1
6. Firebreath 4
7. Claw magnet 1
8. Crap effort
9. Missed strike 2
10. Missed strike 3

And then of course there's this...

1. Final strike, wrong expo 1
2. Final strike, wrong expo 2
3. Final strike, wrong expo 3
4. Final strike, wrong expo 4

Obviously, I just posted the successes here. To date, there have also been something like 8 failures. I will continue to post here as the curse is either strengthened or broken Smile

This post has been edited 6 time(s), it was last edited by Evil-Eoin: 08-19-2008 19:19.

07-08-2008 22:18 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Nhan Ho
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-228.jpg

Registration Date: 06-11-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Source

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

wow Big Grin
its definitely bad luck oh well, I had worse Wink really Big Grin
still trying to get BD badge but hard
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=bff2dba6fa
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=392f70de86
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=c9d89afd7b Big Grin

Remember The Name...

07-09-2008 10:02 Nhan Ho is offline Search for Posts by Nhan Ho Add Nhan Ho to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Nhan Ho: nhanho25@hotmail.co.uk YIM Account Name of Nhan Ho: nhanho25@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for Nhan Ho
jamess36362
Viking

Registration Date: 03-16-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

you can not be as unlucky as evil, he has killed 4 reds and all have not been on his expo and he has on his expo out of about 20 LOL not killed it, i have experienced some of his journey with him and i don't think there is anyone unlucky as him when it comes to getting medals.
07-09-2008 10:08 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Clan: TDK

Black dragon I killed about15 or 20 for others before killing one in one of my expeditions, the problem is to have the lucky shot (the one I killed on my expo was for a dragon that I missed a lot despite having 10 more perception than him, but thanks to those miss I got the last shot)
07-09-2008 10:54 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Evil-Eoin

What I find as a significant difference in the odds there is that, typically, in Black Dragon expos, you have one sniper shot out of two or three total (roughly a 25-33% chance, though obviously there are a lot of factors). Here, I have six strikes compared to a total of four or five sniper shots (roughly a 55-60% chance). In five of the ten successes listed above, I have done more damage than any other member of the team, sometimes two or three times more damage. It certainly is very bad fortune Wink

Edit: Oh and Tiger/Jamess36362 , I normally have good luck with Badges...

White Drake ... 1 attempt
Black Drake ... 11 attempts
Phoenix ... 1 attempt
Hydra ... 1 attempt

...just not Red Drake - 18 attempts and counting Wink

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Evil-Eoin: 07-09-2008 11:30.

07-09-2008 11:22 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

E that is a truely sorrowful list. Frown

One observation which stands clear; I think you need to get yourself a Good Sniper Rifle & out gun the other snipers you're taking with you! Big Grin
Maybe take a squad of agility meats - who can do damage but take most of the hits; while you go sniper, maybe with one other?

Oh and one other thing - don't take Horst with you, he is the kiss of death! Tongue Big Grin Tongue (sorry Horst - didn't mean it)

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
07-09-2008 13:01 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

Two things there man:

1. I'm crap with a sniper rifle - high crits with one strike or low crits with two strikes.
2. I'm utterly determined to do it with melee now - I'm more than good enough with melee and it would be a cop out to change tact at this point Wink

07-09-2008 13:18 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

And the curse continues Wink

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=16a44af9af

07-10-2008 12:34 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

I've seen you with 2h melee, why dont you try that? I know you would have less attacks, but the criticals you would deal would be tremendous.

07-10-2008 13:13 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

I've thought about it, but with 1h melee I can get enough agility to hit even the biggest Red Drakes. With 2h melee, I would only hit the small to medium ones. Could be worth trying on a couple of expos alright though. In fact, I did try it once, but we got a Hydra and I got my Headhunter Medal instead! lol

Edit: Here's the link

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=c019626525

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Evil-Eoin: 07-10-2008 13:44.

07-10-2008 13:42 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
diablo

In that case I would say keep on trying to break the curse. 165 agility may not be enough.

07-10-2008 14:54 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

lol Thanks. I'm away the weekend, so mext attempt at curse-breaking is Monday. I will post the inevitable failure here! Wink

07-10-2008 15:52 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

I too am cursed:

White D (Though I have the badge):
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=a0b5f2cf2e

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=9ba56a67ea

First ever DOS:
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=ee4c9174b1

Since I got my White D badge this has all happened. I have had no PoH and every expo I have joined I have faced something like this!

Your imperfection.
07-11-2008 01:15 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

That truly is bad luck. My curse is of a different breed though. I am doing everything right (imo anyway, for my chosen path), I am meeting plenty of Red Dragons, beating most of them, doing high damage in almost every expedition, yet still no badge. I'm bending the laws of probability at this stage! lol

07-11-2008 09:42 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

the curse has found me too Smile
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=875bc9e6d8

all the first hits on me, if i survived longer we would have won for sure.

i think the BW team is having a laugh with me, this has happened twice now.
07-13-2008 16:58 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

Same here, ive had 9 failed expos in a row now, 6 wt (of which 4 were black dragons and 2 where high lvl whites) and 3 dos expos ( of which 2 were pheonixes and 1 high lvl black) Its getting really annoying now Frown

Most recent dos expo
07-14-2008 03:46 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

THE CURSE IS BROKEN!!! Big Grin

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=52ffbdeaaa

A new tactic, a risky one, but it paid off in spades. Many thanks to Cesarz. Also thanks to Diablo for the suggestion of another attempt with 2h melee Smile

I should have known that starting a thread about my woes would guarantee a quick success because now it will not seem like a curse at all! lol 20th time lucky! Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Evil-Eoin: 07-14-2008 20:48.

07-14-2008 20:46 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Nhan Ho
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-228.jpg

Registration Date: 06-11-2008
Clan: Source

YAY!!!!
lucky you thats what I always do Tongue
I send less people in expos

Remember The Name...

07-14-2008 21:03 Nhan Ho is offline Search for Posts by Nhan Ho Add Nhan Ho to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Nhan Ho: nhanho25@hotmail.co.uk YIM Account Name of Nhan Ho: nhanho25@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for Nhan Ho
minshres
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2008
Clan: find it

lol congratz again Smile

now that u r free of urs i think the cursed has passed on to me Frown
this phoenix is taking its own sweet time to fall down Frown ((((((((((

07-14-2008 21:18 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

Thanks Smile

Minshres, you must post your curse here in order to break it too Wink If it works, we will have to rename this thread to the Curse Killer!

07-14-2008 21:25 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Knightroad
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-198.jpg

Registration Date: 02-15-2008

lol evil Smile

i have a kind of curse i call it "knightroad sucks with guns" Frown just under 3000 Poh wasted on DoS expo's and only killed about 7 black dragons... dealing under 400 damage each time Frown come close to getting the badge twice if i remeber right Roll Eyes

07-14-2008 21:30 Knightroad is offline Search for Posts by Knightroad Add Knightroad to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

first expo started when i was lvl 51..i was shit back then cant be helped Tongue

1) http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=d503c31a35
2) http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=25e90680a4
3) http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=6c27f8e41f
4) http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=373a0f746c
5) http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=a695b995e5

lvl 53 and still searching for the miracle to happen

n of course lets not forget this

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=473b429a90
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=5fee70dcb1

along my journey on my hunt for the miracle i ended up helping other comrades

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=a41d6eb269
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=64e999f25a

note : i haven't posed all my expo report. most of them i failed cause the phoenix decided to go crazy with its special attacks and it super critical attack. i have posted some of those crazy records.

F*****G PHOENIX!!!!

if evil u don mind i will be posting my curses in ur thread. hopefully this should help me get me out of the curse like urs Smile maybe i should go as 2man hunter to shoot this phoenix down, jus like urs. so saying that can u help me out Big Grin joking but then again can u?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by minshres: 07-14-2008 22:00.

07-14-2008 21:58 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

lol Ok, I will help you soon. Promised my help to quite a few people in the coming days though, so you may have to wait a bit Wink

And no worries continuing to post here. We can make this the new "Grumble about how long it's taking to get my xxx Badge thread!!" Wink

07-14-2008 22:33 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
diablo

quote:
Originally posted by Evil-Eoin
Also thanks to Diablo for the suggestion of another attempt with 2h melee Smile

You're welcome. I might take advantage in your curse breaking thread with Noble Phoenix Big Grin

07-14-2008 22:43 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

lol cheers Smile

07-14-2008 22:48 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Raxis
Set Abominae

Ugh. This is getting annoying. I deleted the links :S

But I will tell.

DoS. Got a black dragon, finally (Second ever DoS), party was definately strong enough, and then realised it was a high level one :S It smacked me down in the first turn.

Next White dragon, ok I soloed it. I was doing well with my guns.... until the blasted thing non stop wing buffeted me, before that I had onlyl been struck once and had halved it's health

I was actually doing well

Your imperfection.
07-15-2008 02:58 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

well i was in the middle of preparing for a wt expo a few minutes ago in hope of a quick XP fix, and what happens?

System starts to back up, and i have my bloody ak equipped!

Ill post it when i get the message and see how i fair lol

07-15-2008 03:04 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
AudatiousTitan
Lord

Registration Date: 02-03-2008

Unlucky artoir, ive just lost my 10th expo in a row, just pure bad luck, i either get a pheonix in dos or a black dragon in wt
07-15-2008 03:18 AudatiousTitan is offline Search for Posts by AudatiousTitan Add AudatiousTitan to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

lmao would you believe it i actually pulled it off, just under a thousand damage in 3 rounds with an ak (+4)

Ill post the link tomorow when i get on to the laptop.

Definitely think you should rename the thread cursebreaker Evil

07-15-2008 03:27 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

lol Thread renamed. Let's see if the mystical powers of the Curse Burster can extend beyond my Red Drake badge Wink

07-15-2008 19:11 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

ANd get me my Black dragon badge :S Though I really should in theory at level 41 still be going for white... I think I got it at level 33

Your imperfection.
07-16-2008 03:39 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=c66762586f

yet another failure Frown

07-16-2008 15:07 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
necrol
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 06-16-2008

we're struggling with WD at the moment we been so close so many times

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=af4e8defc0
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=50a60d7cee
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=f24ee78913

just the last 3 attacks we had on it

only 228 hp left with all 3 of them added together grrr

Level: 67
Clan: Bibo (FTW!)

Mods please close this thread it contains something interesting

07-16-2008 21:41 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

Bloody hell, that is some of the worst luck I've seen. To have three expos in a row with a dragon on its last legs and not get the reward is tough. You just need to eek out a little more perception and you will land that kill Smile

07-16-2008 23:44 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
necrol
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 06-16-2008

just need the dragons to focus on me really so the gunners have time to nuke the s**t out of it

Level: 67
Clan: Bibo (FTW!)

Mods please close this thread it contains something interesting

07-17-2008 00:39 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

That's bloody harsh. I've seen that happen to someone I expoed with before... only once though. We were all nearly dead, then it buffeted two of us, and the last guy lefft it on 1HP... I didn't think it was possible uintil that.

Your imperfection.
07-17-2008 01:16 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

always get hit somehow LOL

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=67cf5eecc7

the curse continues....
07-17-2008 19:03 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
Evil-Eoin
Triple Ace

lol Perhaps I passed my curse over to you. At least you won the expedition though. Your badge will come very soon Smile

07-18-2008 12:43 Evil-Eoin is offline Search for Posts by Evil-Eoin Add Evil-Eoin to your Buddy List
jamess36362
Viking

LOL i hope you have not passed the curse over LOL, well next expo is 2mora but they are god damn expensive LOL. i managed to hav about 5 already tho, can have 2 more then need more POH LOL.
07-18-2008 12:46 jamess36362 is offline Search for Posts by jamess36362 Add jamess36362 to your Buddy List
minshres
Viking

hey is it jus me or does this happen to everyone?

when u want something so badly it seems to never happen.. well what i mean is like i m tring to get my badge n i really want to get it but u know it nvr happens.. same with upgrading.. u wanna upgrade ur cap n u really want it in gd.. n u upgrade it.. then the system goes f*** off -3 Frown

back to main point gonna do my phoenix expo today wish me luck.. cause i will seriously need it but not too many either :/

07-18-2008 13:36 minshres is offline Search for Posts by minshres Add minshres to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for minshres
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Battlefield » Battlefield - Underworld » Badge of Honour

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH