Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Various forum regulations ? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Various forum regulations ? 3 Votes - Average Rating: 1.003 Votes - Average Rating: 1.003 Votes - Average Rating: 1.003 Votes - Average Rating: 1.003 Votes - Average Rating: 1.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Democratic

Registration Date: 03-17-2011

Various forum regulations ? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I want to discuss various regulations around here. My last forum account got banned here for spam :

Fight club; expedition edition

Now, I do not criticize the decision made by Mortis, don't get me wrong. He's a moderator and in that sense he applies the rules which he did in a correct way, that is not my point here.

It just seems to me that some of these regulations are a little bit extraneous.

The regulations state :

1. All threads may concern only fights, sieges and expos.

2. Every thread must be named accordingly to its content.

3. Only really lucky, exceptional or outstanding fights may be posted in this forum. Let's all try to refrain from posting monotonous and predictable fights and keep the section interesting.

4. Posts containing only "Gratz", "Nice", "Well done" etc. will be punished for spam. If you want to post put some more effort to it.

5. Reports added here must not be deleted for 14 days. If you have deleted a report by accident PM a mod about it to avoid being warned.

It would seem to me that there is absolutely no point in having such a section if the result posted in it cannot be discussed. I'm not going to make a new thread in the Mishmash section just to discuss the fact that I don't think a duo expo and a solo expo are not the same. This is REGARDLESS of the fact that Murderous was being sarcastic and I did not pick up on that.

It seems to me that we should be able to discuss in said thread. The section is there for a reason : to show reports but what's the point of not being able to discuss them. After all, according to regulations, discussing reports is related to expeditions and to the subject at hand, and it's not a "gratz" post so it's not really spam.

I understand that some people might like to take the opportunity of discussions and turn it into fights and spam, but in that case then moderators can take action. But if the discussion is genuine and it has an interest in the topic at hand, then I don't understand why it can't be discussed in the same section.

It's the exact same thing for trophies, records, etc. We should be able to discuss them, to comment on them in an intelligent way, to interpret them, etc. Or else this forum is just purely for information and what's the point of having a community if things cannot be discussed. Sometimes it feels like whoever made those rules never heard of freedom of expression, freedom of speech etc.

03-17-2011 09:27 Democratic is offline Search for Posts by Democratic Add Democratic to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Genuinely this is in discussion at the minute for the battlefield section between the mods
03-17-2011 09:49 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Source

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Genuinely this is in discussion at the minute for the battlefield section between the mods

i haven't seen said discussions flash.

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

03-17-2011 12:50 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
Waaaaaaaaambulance

Registration Date: 07-04-2010

quote:
Originally posted by smierc
quote:

probably because you're not a mod :V

@ OP: to be honest i'd just stop using the boards in those places, very few people use them anyway and the rules are all convoluted and open to mod interpretation which leads to some odd decisions (like i could register a new forum account and spam some stuff and probably not receive any warnings since i would be "new" whereas if my registration date was more than a few days old then i'd be warned/ banned, doesn't state in the rules that there should be differences in handling of new accounts versus old etc).

Also dunno about anyone else but i get the feeling the rules were made so as to keep people off the forums and mean that there is less for the game developers to worry about given there shortage of staff.... could just be because of language translation issues though, but they do seem overly restrictive/unnecessary for the most part.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Waaaaaaaaambulance: 03-17-2011 14:07.

03-17-2011 14:05 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

RE: Various forum regulations ? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Democratic

4. Posts containing only "Gratz", "Nice", "Well done" etc. will be punished for spam. If you want to post put some more effort to it.

This rule is the rule that got me my warning......

Now what i would like to know is did i not put any thought into my post?

Did i not have an opinion?

Nowhere on that list does it say all posts must have a link in them but it does say that all posts must be on topic of the expos posted in there.....

My post was completely on topic about the expos posted there and was not a simple two word post about "well done" or "gratz"...

the mods are just having fun being trigger happy again...

quote:
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

03-17-2011 14:30 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Warlord

images/avatars/avatar-968.jpg

Registration Date: 03-16-2011
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: The Source

Hardly a ban when all we have to do is open a new account, i also got banned in that thread. Did you take it personally? If not why bother caring

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Norris
Murderous pwnz!

03-17-2011 15:03 Warlord is offline Search for Posts by Warlord Add Warlord to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Warlord
Waaaaaaaaambulance

probably because if you get multiple forum accounts banned then they suspend you/ban you ingame bro Tongue

03-17-2011 15:12 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Waaaaaaaaambulance
quote:
Originally posted by smierc
quote:

probably because you're not a mod :V

@ OP: to be honest i'd just stop using the boards in those places, very few people use them anyway and the rules are all convoluted and open to mod interpretation which leads to some odd decisions (like i could register a new forum account and spam some stuff and probably not receive any warnings since i would be "new" whereas if my registration date was more than a few days old then i'd be warned/ banned, doesn't state in the rules that there should be differences in handling of new accounts versus old etc).

Also dunno about anyone else but i get the feeling the rules were made so as to keep people off the forums and mean that there is less for the game developers to worry about given there shortage of staff.... could just be because of language translation issues though, but they do seem overly restrictive/unnecessary for the most part.

ROFL, not being a mod means i can't see things?
you have no idea.

03-17-2011 15:25 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
Waaaaaaaaambulance

so when flash says "this is in discussion at the minute for the battlefield section between mods"

you say "derp i cant see that!"

i say "probably because you aren't a mod"

then you somehow read what i wrote as a personal attack...... u mad bro?

to clarify since you're comprehension skills are evidently top notch:

the mods are/were discussing it, you are not a mod so thus are not privy to their conversations hence you wont see the conversation

or to translate into you words you're more familiar with "derp de derp de derp"

03-17-2011 15:30 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

the rules do need tweaking ever so slightly, i mean not letting people off with wow and stuff but you know, genuine questions etc

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by smierc: 03-17-2011 21:39.

03-17-2011 15:39 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
Waaaaaaaaambulance

then congrats either you're not as smart as you're left testicle since it has the capacity to find the relevant conversation but you don't, or you've come to the conclusion that the conversation isn't/wasn't held in the restricted forums and since you aren't a mod you wont be invited to look where it was/is being held.

03-17-2011 15:44 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

i agree with the original discussion, what's the point in trophy hall etc if we can't comment and inquire.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by smierc: 03-17-2011 21:38.

03-17-2011 15:45 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
Waaaaaaaaambulance

i've read it, all it says is you have the capacity to check the restricted forums using your 1337 pro skillz but that you wont since you wont risk an IP ban (good job on that by the way sports fan).

which brings us back to my point - you ain't a mod so you cant see it

or since you're obviously the pedantic sort to be precise:

you ain't a mod, so you aren't permitted to access the logs of the conversation (if they are indeed held in the restricted section) and even though you potentially could access said logs to find said conversation you wont since it will likely incur an IP ban which you wish to avoid.

03-17-2011 15:50 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

i wish to avoid one for others sake and my own.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by smierc: 03-17-2011 21:37.

03-17-2011 15:52 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
Waaaaaaaaambulance

oh my that is noble of you

but that does beg the question whats the difference between not being able to do something and choosing not to do something?

i mean they amount to the same thing in the end so is there really a difference?

and if there is no difference then why did you start the argument? because so far as i can see your whole argument was based around the fact that i said you couldn't do it and you shouting back at me going i can do it i just don't want to..... end of the day the outcome is the same that you cant/wont see the conversation.

03-17-2011 16:13 Waaaaaaaaambulance is offline Search for Posts by Waaaaaaaaambulance Add Waaaaaaaaambulance to your Buddy List
Democratic

Registration Date: 03-17-2011

Thread Starter Thread Started by Democratic

Why did this turn into a fight ?

I understood from Flash immediately that it means mods are discussing this in a private mod sub forum.

03-17-2011 19:46 Democratic is offline Search for Posts by Democratic Add Democratic to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Democratic
Why did this turn into a fight ?

I understood from Flash immediately that it means mods are discussing this in a private mod sub forum.

he didn't like that i can access it. but i'm choosing not to.

03-17-2011 20:17 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

I'm closing the thread since it became a flame war in only 4 posts...

And about the topic. That matter is being discussed among the moderators, as FlashAOD has stated. If you don't believe him, it's your problem.

It's impossible to make changes in one day just like that. If we want to change something we'll change it to something better. If we want something better, we need ideas. If we need ideas we need to discuss it. Have patience.

Oh, and smierc. You're really balancing on the edge of an IP ban. If I ever catch you near the mod section, you're out.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

03-17-2011 21:51 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Various forum regulations ?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH