Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Looks of the game » addict suffix » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page addict suffix
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Veritatis Splendor
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-972.gif

Registration Date: 03-07-2011
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: QTD

Big Grin addict suffix Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Can I get a show of hands on this? I don't expect a change but shouldn't of the addict not have a picture of a cannabis leaf? Considering THC is known to be theraputic and not physically addicting while alcohol is more damaging. Shouldn't it be a picture of a half filled syringe or a bottle of pills? Just wonderin.

Looking for: Good speed, legs with high agility, Any luck items whatsoever.

Never forget; Atrum Dominatio X Clan Page
03-18-2011 07:11 Veritatis Splendor is offline Homepage of Veritatis Splendor Search for Posts by Veritatis Splendor Add Veritatis Splendor to your Buddy List Add Veritatis Splendor to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Veritatis Splendor: . YIM Account Name of Veritatis Splendor: . View the MSN Profile for Veritatis Splendor
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm sure you can be addicted to spoons if you eat enough.

Anyway, not all of the pre/suffix pics are 100% accurate, but they make a unique image for an item, and i don't see much wrong with it.

And there have been quite a lot of cases of THC addiction. Granted it is much more common to hear of alcoholics or people who smoke, but people who see the canabis symbol will associate it in their head with addiction, as the picture is associated psychologically with drugs in general.

Which is basically the point, you want a picture to bear some relevance to the word it is trying to describe.

Although your argument is valid in that pills/syringe would do similar. However a syringe may bring thoughts of uncleanliness or other negative thoughts, as drugs used via injection are often much more serious & harmful than cannabis. Also, syringes are linked obviously with medicine, which pills also represent.

Not to mention, the reinforcing prefix is already a syringe.

03-18-2011 08:01 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Source

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC
I'm sure you can be addicted to spoons if you eat enough.

Anyway, not all of the pre/suffix pics are 100% accurate, but they make a unique image for an item, and i don't see much wrong with it.

And there have been quite a lot of cases of THC addiction. Granted it is much more common to hear of alcoholics or people who smoke, but people who see the canabis symbol will associate it in their head with addiction, as the picture is associated psychologically with drugs in general.

Which is basically the point, you want a picture to bear some relevance to the word it is trying to describe.

Although your argument is valid in that pills/syringe would do similar. However a syringe may bring thoughts of uncleanliness or other negative thoughts, as drugs used via injection are often much more serious & harmful than cannabis. Also, syringes are linked obviously with medicine, which pills also represent.

Not to mention, the reinforcing prefix is already a syringe.

that's a mental addiction, physical is implied purely by it being a leaf, though i agree with his point, it's less hassle to just leave it.

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

03-18-2011 09:09 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
brundlefly
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-24-2010
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: bunnies

mental or physical 'addict'ion is stll an addiction.

the suffix addict is being represented by a drug in general....it gives this representation as drugs can b addictive as we all know.

i dont think the devs chose this picture to symbolse cannabis in particular as being addictive ...which physchologically it is anyway...
03-18-2011 09:24 brundlefly is offline Search for Posts by brundlefly Add brundlefly to your Buddy List
Born2Kill

Registration Date: 04-29-2009
Clan: S_D

There is picture of canabis because people who made the game called this suffix "addict" in polish its called narkomana which means somebody who is using drugs

Junk
03-18-2011 19:17 Born2Kill is offline Search for Posts by Born2Kill Add Born2Kill to your Buddy List
Veritatis Splendor
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-972.gif

Registration Date: 03-07-2011
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: QTD

Thread Starter Thread Started by Veritatis Splendor

quote:
Originally posted by Born2Kill
There is picture of canabis because people who made the game called this suffix "addict" in polish its called narkomana which means somebody who is using drugs

Lost in translation.
I have noticed a few things like this. This is understandable

Looking for: Good speed, legs with high agility, Any luck items whatsoever.

Never forget; Atrum Dominatio X Clan Page
03-18-2011 19:51 Veritatis Splendor is offline Homepage of Veritatis Splendor Search for Posts by Veritatis Splendor Add Veritatis Splendor to your Buddy List Add Veritatis Splendor to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Veritatis Splendor: . YIM Account Name of Veritatis Splendor: . View the MSN Profile for Veritatis Splendor
grind
Double Ace

Registration Date: 01-22-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HLL

NOBODY DARE TO TOUCH THE GANJA LEAF ICON ON THE UFFIX ADDICT OR I4LL SHOOT HIM DOWN!!!

I don't care if "addiction" can be seen with negative acception, it's just a game icon, and many guys like it.
My only concern is about that suffix being so crap.. and I am quite glad on humans it has much less negative effects than on vampires lol
03-28-2011 03:50 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Looks of the game » addict suffix

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH