Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Act 3 - Main Thread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Act 3 - Main Thread 13 Votes - Average Rating: 8.0813 Votes - Average Rating: 8.0813 Votes - Average Rating: 8.08
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: LGN

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by makavelli
we will need to sort 9 quest shelfs(1 for each parameter) out prior to act 3 from ur items and clan items that will be in CA for that time, but some1 will have to be online to remove them as u wont see them i think,thats if im correct???

sounds pretty much on the money to me

although the actual planning seems a bit extreme

yea i understand that a3 should be harder as it reaps greater benefits, but 2 quests tiers completed before your buildings become active seems slightly high, maybe 1 completed quest tier would be a much greater idea Smile

IGN: acidic shots
03-24-2011 20:24 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009
Race in game: Absorber

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Nah, this way you have to work for the benefits. I could clear the first tier in a short afternoon with my low stat/high luck quest gear. This will be at least a week's work. Much more worth it.

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

03-24-2011 20:34 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

you wouldnt clear them in 1 afternoon though mate, simply because ALL quests will be progressive now, instead of just tier 2 and 3
maybe instead of a full square lock off, you should be able to unlock a building every couple of complete quests? slowly work your way back up to full power, if this was to be implemented i know what my first unlock would be, armoury Big Grin

03-25-2011 11:34 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Clan: CUBS

quote:
Originally posted by demonfury v2
maybe instead of a full square lock off, you should be able to unlock a building every couple of complete quests? slowly work your way back up to full power, if this was to be implemented i know what my first unlock would be, armoury Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
Thread rules:

3. Ask questions ONLY about things that are confirmed here. Suggestions for new features will be ignored.

Sorry Acid Tongue

Also

quote:
All effects of buildings will be turned off when advancing to act 3 until all quests in the vicinity and all far journeys have been completed - buildings site will be inactive!

Isn't this leaving players open to attacks from lower down players who haven't decided, or can't, advance to Act III?
Or is advancing to Act III compulsory?

03-25-2011 11:49 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

act v3 is a choice mate
but yea, it IS leaving us that will be going to act 3 open to farming, and to an extent i can understand it, as were gonna be reaping more benefits from being there, however, im still convinced that the build up to actually get to full act 3 power is slightly overboard, unlocking 2 complete tiers of quests before your square is active again seems harsh to say the least and im still convinced it should only either be 1 tier OR you can choose to unlock 1 building every 2 or 3 completed quests, just a suggestion Smile

03-25-2011 12:02 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

quote:
act v3 is a choice mate
but yea, it IS leaving us that will be going to act 3 open to farming, and to an extent i can understand it, as were gonna be reaping more benefits from being there, however, im still convinced that the build up to actually get to full act 3 power is slightly overboard, unlocking 2 complete tiers of quests before your square is active again seems harsh to say the least and im still convinced it should only either be 1 tier OR you can choose to unlock 1 building every 2 or 3 completed quests, just a suggestion Smile

It'll be a while since I get to that stage again after restarting. I know how much of a pain it is to get pilgrimages done to go to Act II, I won't be able to imagine what it'll be like to get to Act III, far less do their quests :o

As with the tiers, I suppose we will just have to wait to find out how hard they are to complete...

03-25-2011 12:10 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

quote:
Originally posted by franz
quote:
act v3 is a choice mate

It'll be a while since I get to that stage again after restarting. I know how much of a pain it is to get pilgrimages done to go to Act II, I won't be able to imagine what it'll be like to get to Act III, far less do their quests :o

As with the tiers, I suppose we will just have to wait to find out how hard they are to complete...

the difficulty of quests in act3 havnt gotten harder so its gonna be same as doin quests in act2

the only major difficulty is getting the right quest if there done in order

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
03-25-2011 12:54 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

this is always good news bal Smile

means that most people will be able to use the regular questing gear and carvan 9 quests at a time to get through them alot faster Smile this dont seem like as bad of an idea as i first thought

03-25-2011 13:03 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Mocny

images/avatars/avatar-623.jpg

Registration Date: 08-11-2009
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [S.S]

on polish board Admins add evolution description xD

http://forum.bloodwars.interia.pl/thread.php?threadid=973475

if someone want put it on translation and see what is this xD but i think that today Szesz give us full description in thread Wink
cheers Wink )

nick: Najja
id: 3819
03-25-2011 13:11 Mocny is offline Search for Posts by Mocny Add Mocny to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

evolutions update translated from polish board

General Information.

Evolutions are three types of effects:
- Active (by the effect to work you need to set this option, as is the case, for example in the case of lariat)
- Passive (always operating on an expedition, there is no need for their inclusion), all other options (such attacks) have to activate them like EVO active
- Aura (an effect, or the entire evolution ALWAYS works).

Evolutions are available on your workout. (See Annexes 1 and 2)

Points of evolution:
Each player gets points of evolution, which could be used to unlock the next evolution. For each winning attack AFTER JOINING THE ACT III (the minimum level of our opponent = - 10 levels), we obtain a point of evolution. If you receive no points to defend evolution.

The cost of evolution:
Level 1 - 100 PE
Level 2 - 200 PE
Level 3 - 300 EP
Level 4 - 400 EP

The maximum level of evolutionary development is 4

The level of evolution (a): A character receives a level of evolution for each subsequent one level of experience from 65 inclusive.

Example: Number of levels of evolution to the next level characters.
Level 65 - 1 point
Level 66 - 2 points
Level 1978 to 1914 points, etc. (no final limit)

The level of the evolution of our character allows us to activate any of several different evolution or evolution.

The cost of activation of evolution:
Evolution of 1 - 1 point evolution
Evolution of 2 - 3 points of evolution
Evolution of 3 - 6 points of evolution
Evolution of 4 - 10 points of evolution

Example: (see Annex 3)
figure of 78 is at the disposal of the 14 points of evolution, for which he decides to attack to activate the level 4 Wings (10 points) 2 level armor (3 points) and remain a free EP to spend on other EVO.

03-25-2011 13:27 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Guys, don't SPAM here with Evolutions. There is separate thread for it, so wait for Szeszej's official translation and then you can comment it there.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
03-25-2011 14:07 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
demonfury v2
Lord

sorry my bad Frown

03-25-2011 14:21 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

Example:

You complete all your quests to get into act 3.

You are in this eg a cultist.

Do you still have the option of becoming a cursed one after you advance to A3?

03-26-2011 00:19 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Agent SMith

Registration Date: 01-26-2010
Race in game: Beastmaster

Damage reflection Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Reflection of Damage would be a nice new feature. Either as a new items effect, an evolution, building effect or whatever.

I think of something like this: Opponent gets x dmg for every 10 dmg taken

03-26-2011 11:21 Agent SMith is offline Search for Posts by Agent SMith Add Agent SMith to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

otnc

yes you do have that same option, i have the option as we speak to go cursed one after completing all my quests the other day, i wont be taking it though as cultists pwn Big Grin

03-26-2011 13:27 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Malle8398
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-927.jpg

Registration Date: 03-10-2010
Clan: KhOrNe/BC

Now when the capacity of Clan Armoury will be larger will Shelfs be edited to CA to??
If not, maybe its something to think about for a future patch Wink

Underworld: Gravedigga

***Hunter S. Thompson 1937-2005***

May your soul rest in peace
03-26-2011 22:08 Malle8398 is offline Search for Posts by Malle8398 Add Malle8398 to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

quote:
otnc

yes you do have that same option, i have the option as we speak to go cursed one after completing all my quests the other day, i wont be taking it though as cultists pwn Big Grin

But my question is can you still when you have advanced to a3?

How do you know it is possible?

03-27-2011 00:45 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh i see youe point, i cant say definitively that this option will remain available to us, but logically i would assume the option would remain Smile

03-27-2011 04:26 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
MYRKUL

Registration Date: 04-25-2009
Clan: BoS

"Act 3 requires lvl 65 and completion of all quests in act 2.
All effects of buildings will be turned off when advancing to act 3 until all quests in the vicinity and all far journeys have been completed - buildings site will be inactive!
All tasks that haven't been completed in Act I and Act II will be avilable in Act III".

While we know that the effects of buildings will be turned off whilst advancing to act 3, can you confirm if the shop will still have full functionality i.e. to both buy disposable items and to sell junk for lgo whilst advancing.

Thanks.
03-27-2011 13:31 MYRKUL is offline Search for Posts by MYRKUL Add MYRKUL to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej

The shop is not a building per se, so it should still work.

03-27-2011 14:04 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

quote:
Q&A

Q. Do you only mean the effects or the functionality of buildings? blood production? market won't work? if so, why not also turn off CA, would be more fun :> Big Grin Big Grin - serious suggestion ;D
A. Yes, that's exactly what it means. And you're right, we will consider this suggestion.

So, how it will be? Will be CA working or not?

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
03-27-2011 14:14 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007

would be interesting to have to manage with your own items Shocked .

or maybe just shut down ca for a week or two, to avoid some people from going to act 3, only to be stuck because they forgot to prepare a set for perception quests

03-28-2011 08:35 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

They may just be hoping you'll crack and buy the extended armoury premium options...

Whatever happens. You have to be prepared before you go in! I'm buying up cheap pieces that I'd normally rely on the clan for just in case I have to be self sufficient (it all makes tasty mana afterwards anyway).

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
03-28-2011 14:12 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

i think the ca should be closed to act3 players

plus all quests have to be done in order so everyone would be trying to get the same items anyway.

very messy.
03-28-2011 15:48 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
quote:
Q&A

Q. Do you only mean the effects or the functionality of buildings? blood production? market won't work? if so, why not also turn off CA, would be more fun :> Big Grin Big Grin - serious suggestion ;D
A. Yes, that's exactly what it means. And you're right, we will consider this suggestion.

So, how it will be? Will be CA working or not?

Nothing is final yet.

03-29-2011 18:49 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

do we have any indication as to when the patch will be live yet? or is it still unknown?

03-29-2011 19:32 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
digitelis

Registration Date: 11-10-2009

will it be possible to find rare items like chainsaw, crown, wakizashi and sniper rifles at act3 regardless of what zone you reside in on necropolis? from what i've heard they only drop at z1 and that seems very unfair, it would be much better if the chance to drop was based on level/act instead

EDIT:

another question, will there be an increase of the exp cap based on zone in act3? or is it still going to be 180 xp max for an ambush when in z4, 240 xp in z3 and so forth?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by digitelis: 03-30-2011 20:56.

03-29-2011 20:58 digitelis is offline Search for Posts by digitelis Add digitelis to your Buddy List
Warlord

images/avatars/avatar-968.jpg

Registration Date: 03-16-2011
Clan: The Source

So am i right in drunkenly thinking that when it sais act 2 quests need to be completed for act 3 this doesnt include act 2 pilgs?

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Norris
Murderous pwnz!

03-30-2011 21:50 Warlord is offline Search for Posts by Warlord Add Warlord to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Warlord
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

quote:
Originally posted by Warlord
So am i right in drunkenly thinking that when it sais act 2 quests need to be completed for act 3 this doesnt include act 2 pilgs?

pilgrimages are quests..so yeah u need to finish ALL quests

vicinity of city
far quests
pilgrimages

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
03-30-2011 21:55 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

I searched "easiness" in Announcements and didn't find any hits apart from one, unrelated thread.

quote:
Originally found in the tutorial
Act II:
Easiness bonus
Additionally, every char in the II Act with level higher than 60 gains 1% easiness for every 2 levels beyond 60, and 1% easiness for every 1 level beyond level 70.
The maximum easiness is 50%.

Will there be additional easiness for those in Act III?

04-22-2011 16:49 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
theheraldofogc
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-176.gif

Registration Date: 02-27-2008
Clan: -END-

Doubt it Franz.

Easiness is supposed to cap out at 50% anyway, so level 115 with no other bonuses.

It's not something that needs pushing any further. They WANT you to have an incentive to push on to such a high level Tongue

PL Moria III: The Herald - Hunter
04-22-2011 17:09 theheraldofogc is offline Search for Posts by theheraldofogc Add theheraldofogc to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by theheraldofogc
Level 115

Maybe that is the highest level there is? :3

PS Completely offtopic:
I just realised that I joined this Board the day before you did. xD!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by franz: 04-22-2011 18:19.

04-22-2011 18:17 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

there is no level cap mate, you just keep going and going till you get to the point where its gonna take you about a 3 years to level up, solo chronos gives you no exp, and then you realize your allowed to leave your computer every once in a while and end up never coming back to bw again Tongue

04-22-2011 21:01 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

I would like to know Szeszej, does progressing to act 3 lose the ability to become a cursed one?

For example, i have the option in my task menu. Will this still be there once i have progressed to act 3, or will i be forced to remain a cultist?

Because, if a decision has to be made before-hand, i would rather know now than regret at a later point.

Thank you.

04-29-2011 21:08 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC
I would like to know Szeszej, does progressing to act 3 lose the ability to become a cursed one?

For example, i have the option in my task menu. Will this still be there once i have progressed to act 3, or will i be forced to remain a cultist?

Because, if a decision has to be made before-hand, i would rather know now than regret at a later point.

Thank you.

losing the chance to become a cursed one can hardly be seen as a regret young sir Smile

its a poopish race thats ONLY benefit is in expos, if you build your kit right you can overpower the usefulness of a cursed one in an expo with any other race anyways Smile

04-30-2011 06:30 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

There's no word on it yet, but probably you will still be able to become cursed one.

04-30-2011 14:33 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

have we got any sort of loose timeframe yet?

04-30-2011 15:20 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Malle8398
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-927.jpg

Registration Date: 03-10-2010
Clan: KhOrNe/BC

Question: you say there will be new quests in act 3, does this mean that we now can find perfect items in the city or will that still only be for Far journeys and Pilgrimage???

Underworld: Gravedigga

***Hunter S. Thompson 1937-2005***

May your soul rest in peace
05-02-2011 00:19 Malle8398 is offline Search for Posts by Malle8398 Add Malle8398 to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Hi BWT,

Any news on how Act 3 is coming along?
Is the testing under way?
Will a polish server test it first; if so, has that started yet?
Any idea when it might be put out across all the servers?

Thanks for any update you can provide. Smile

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
05-11-2011 20:25 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Philly
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-935.gif

Registration Date: 09-08-2008

also as a pointer, might want to edit the "character must be in act 2" on legendary items to say something like "character must be in act 2 or higher". (i am guessing legendary items will still be useable in act 3 Tongue )

05-11-2011 22:58 Philly is offline Search for Posts by Philly Add Philly to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Act 3 - Main Thread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH