Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » What do you think about permanent task?!? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What do you think about permanent task?!? 17 Votes - Average Rating: 8.5317 Votes - Average Rating: 8.5317 Votes - Average Rating: 8.5317 Votes - Average Rating: 8.53
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

Lamp What do you think about permanent task?!? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have an idea!
We can use our statistics from vampire profile...and create a "Permanent Task"(no meter in what zone you are)
For example:
1. Complete 500 Hard TASK - rewards: 8000 points of progress
2. Complete 1000 Normal TASK(ACT II) - reward 4000 points of progress
3. Rise your honor balance in THE ARENA - PLAYERS up to 10.000 - reward 20% of points to experience(2000) or permanent 20% more POH from THE ARENA - PLAYERS
4. Won 100 Sieges - rewards: 1000 POP...

I think only 40-50 players have this task in 1 shoot but for lower and medium players this is good and is a small boost to do hard quest, enter arenas, and start sieges...

03-31-2011 20:22 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: V-13/BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't agree with the numbers really, but the idea i think is actually quite good Smile

Some other games i've played give you a bonus for reaching level xxx, winning xxx fights etc.

To be honest i think its a good idea Smile

Win 5000 easy quests, gain 10,000 pop, or a handful of Heartsones etc.

Thumbs up from me, but i can tell others are going to disagree Tongue

03-31-2011 20:31 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Good idea I would say. There is reward in form of stones for progressing, but this would be nice addition to it. Would players more motivated.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
03-31-2011 22:05 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
brundlefly
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-24-2010
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: bunnies

i like this idea as well...

the tasks we have currently are regarding each zone...

but general tasks over every zone would b good too....

basically this could bring about another part to the game and give people goals to aim for hence making the game more ineresting.

the tasks could b more creative as well not just such things as win 5000easy quests..win 100sieges etc...things that we do already but

eg...
pass a quest at less than 5perc
destroy 1000short bows
ressurect 10monsters
win 5 expos in a row with a team of 4 or less....

the possibilities are endless...

...dont slate down these examples ...they r just ideas...and havent been thought thru fully.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by brundlefly: 03-31-2011 22:16.

03-31-2011 22:14 brundlefly is offline Search for Posts by brundlefly Add brundlefly to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

kinda like the achievements system on the Xbox but with rewards?

If yes then i will answer with a link to a video that explains my views on this matter

DO NOT CLICK IF YOU CRY ABOUT A FEW PROFANITIES
Achievements

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

03-31-2011 23:40 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Veritatis Splendor
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-972.gif

Registration Date: 03-07-2011
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: QTD

I agree to this and thumbs up

Looking for: Good speed, legs with high agility, Any luck items whatsoever.

Never forget; Atrum Dominatio X Clan Page
04-01-2011 02:31 Veritatis Splendor is offline Homepage of Veritatis Splendor Search for Posts by Veritatis Splendor Add Veritatis Splendor to your Buddy List Add Veritatis Splendor to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Veritatis Splendor: . YIM Account Name of Veritatis Splendor: . View the MSN Profile for Veritatis Splendor
Bat
Double Ace

Registration Date: 07-23-2008

Nice idea

04-01-2011 10:26 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Clan: LGN

very good idea, the final possiblities are endless and could be fine tuned down to 10-15 of the best Smile

either way brilliant idea, lets hope the devs see this and take note Smile

IGN: acidic shots
04-01-2011 13:06 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
digitelis

Excellent idea, why hasn't anyone thought of this before?

04-01-2011 13:36 digitelis is offline Search for Posts by digitelis Add digitelis to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

because quite clearly, were all dumb Tongue

on point though, im really liking this as previously stated, maybe there could be a broad variety of rewards, from PoP to PoH all the way to a few days premium Smile

04-01-2011 15:34 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

I also think it would revive tasks.

To me, tasks arent a part of the game any more. The only time they are noticed now is when they hinder me trying to do some form of quests!

I think it would be a great revival of tasks.

From premium rewards for vassal related tasks, to pop & stones for milestone achievements.

Another possibility is a small mana/nanite reward for some tasks!

04-01-2011 18:44 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC
I also think it would revive tasks.

Another possibility is a small mana/nanite reward for some tasks!

best idea EVER, mana and nanites are over priced on merges, another avenue in which to collect them is a brilliant idea Smile

04-01-2011 19:08 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Veritatis Splendor
Forum Ace

As the game gets to the point where the devs have to make an entire new act just to keep up the momentum something like this is deemed necessary and couldn't be that difficult to incorporate into the programming.
I am honestly amazed how this idea has gone over our heads for so long.
This is something I would have implemented ASAP...like yesterday

04-01-2011 19:11 Veritatis Splendor is offline Homepage of Veritatis Splendor Search for Posts by Veritatis Splendor Add Veritatis Splendor to your Buddy List Add Veritatis Splendor to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Veritatis Splendor: . YIM Account Name of Veritatis Splendor: . View the MSN Profile for Veritatis Splendor
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Clan: BoS

Its a good idea, one that I would like to see implemented, but I'd rather the Devs just work on getting A3 out then they can maybe add this.

04-01-2011 22:36 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

I will give an input.. seeing i gave it a thumbs up instantly without actually putting views.

Im pretty much agreed with most people here, i think it will add some long term goals in the game, like people getting their eqe, these tasks will also be something to work for.
04-01-2011 22:40 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Definitely a good idea; though I think your reward numbers need some sensible tweeking.

I like the idea of a choice of reward; as in your thoughts for the Arena reward, etc.

I think you have to keep in mind that while you are doing all of these quests, you are getting experience from them; so actually getting more experience as the reward is not really an incentive (for me anyway).

Maybe rewards could be based on something like a guaranteed epic drop on your 10,000th easy, 5,000th normal , 1,000th successful hard quest....... so once you pass it, you get an additional message in your inbox:

"The Lord of Darkness himself presents you with a trophy as recognition of your long, hard effort in determined and skilled foraging. The insert item name here lies on the table in front of you, your prize to use as you wish."

Or something like that. Smile

Also as OTC said, mana & nanite rewards would be a good addition as a reward... not sure what for; maybe a certain number of successful upgrades?

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 04-01-2011 23:57.

04-01-2011 23:56 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
Maybe rewards could be based on something like a guaranteed epic drop on your 10,000th easy, 5,000th normal , 1,000th successful hard quest....... so once you pass it, you get an additional message in your inbox:

"The Lord of Darkness himself presents you with a trophy as recognition of your long, hard effort in determined and skilled foraging. The insert item name here lies on the table in front of you, your prize to use as you wish."

LOVE this idea

yea ok it will give you 3 pretty easy opportunities to gain an epic item (bad) but whos to say your not gonna get epics mace of betrayal +1 (funny as hell fail)
but saying this, it will be another way to help bring the smaller players up to speed and possibly help them put up some sort of barrier against constant farming by some idiot 20 levels higher than them hunting for people (im not a farmee btw, just think players who only attack those smaller than themselves are annoying and need punching hard in the face)

but yea, back on point, very good idea, i like it Smile

04-02-2011 00:30 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

I've discussed adding some kind of "achievements" with Konrad some time ago and he seemed to like the idea very much so it's certainly possible in the future, but atm we have the whole A3 to do Wink

04-02-2011 00:54 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
I've discussed adding some kind of "achievements" with Konrad some time ago and he seemed to like the idea very much so it's certainly possible in the future, but atm we have the whole A3 to do Wink

Is it me or is the Dev team starting to actually give a something Big Grin

ITS ABOUT TIME AND THANKS

+1 for swearing

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

04-02-2011 03:35 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Veritatis Splendor
Forum Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia
quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej

Is it me or is the Dev team starting to actually give a something Big Grin

ITS ABOUT TIME AND THANKS

+1 for swearing

Not just you. I think they've really put in some effort with this new act.

04-02-2011 05:23 Veritatis Splendor is offline Homepage of Veritatis Splendor Search for Posts by Veritatis Splendor Add Veritatis Splendor to your Buddy List Add Veritatis Splendor to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Veritatis Splendor: . YIM Account Name of Veritatis Splendor: . View the MSN Profile for Veritatis Splendor
Grizly
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by Grizly
RE: What do you think about permanent task?!? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Can i ask if in next patch we will have something like this? a task independent of zones?

Also if it is possible to create a new tattoo for ranged with 0 defense...
Ex: New Tattoo for "ranged" of vengeance
Of course the tattoo in this post is too high, but it is possible to retake in game the vengeance suffix from ranged weapons

02-09-2013 23:42 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by Grizly
Necropost, but!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Have we a chance to see this implemented in the game?

supplementary to the original post, we can create ranks of task, for example:
if you complete a task then you evolve to next level, first time you must complete 500 pilgrims, on next level you must complete 1000, of course the bonus for second task must have 20% more bonus, etc...

03-01-2014 14:07 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Indica
Banned

Registration Date: 12-24-2012

RE: What do you think about permanent task?!? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Grizly
Can i ask if in next patch we will have something like this? a task independent of zones?

Also if it is possible to create a new tattoo for ranged with 0 defense...
Ex: New Tattoo for "ranged" of vengeance
Of course the tattoo in this post is too high, but it is possible to retake in game the vengeance suffix from ranged weapons

No you half wit, allowing 0 defence on ranged brings solar back into the equation.

03-04-2014 14:37 Indica is offline Search for Posts by Indica Add Indica to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » What do you think about permanent task?!?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH