Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Act 3 - King Of The Hill » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Act 3 - King Of The Hill 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Act 3 - King Of The Hill Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This thread is only about the new King of the Hill expedition mode. Please refrain from posting about things covered elsewhere.

Thread rules:

1. Read this post REALLY REALLY carefully. We won't answer a question that has been already answered.
2. The next post will contain a comprehensive list of Q&A.
3. Ask questions ONLY about things that are confirmed here. Suggestions for new features will be ignored.
4. All the changes listed are almost finished and it is almost certain they will make it to act 3.
5. There is a separate thread concerning evolutions
6. There is a separate thread concerning clan buildings
7. There is a separate thread concerning general changes

General info.

You will be able to set up an expedition on the King of the Hill map every 7 days or 5 days with premium (same with joining).

Cost: none, there are no additional costs in blood/people/poh etc

For every successful expedition in KH mode you'll get honour and advance to the next level of a location.
The number of PoH gained is the same as with sieges.
For ties you'll also get PoH but you won't advance to the next lvl.

There are no PoH for losing, the leader goes back to lvl1 in a given location.

There are 8 locations in the City you'll be able to defend.

For exampl - location 1:

Location 1 - Slums.
The slums are the worse district of the City. The worst and the most densly populated. You will need these people to (the rest of the description has been deleted due to spoilers Wink )

Minimum lvl required: 65
Maximum levels total for the party: XX (same for all levels)

Every location has a given number of levels, for example the Slums have 3.

Lvl 1 - opponent, Infernal Hounds

Lvl 2 - opponent, Infernal Hounds, Demonic Hounds.

Lvl 3- opponent, Infernal Hounds, Demonic Hounds, the Seeker.

If a player beats lvl 1, the next time they go to the Slums they'll fight with lvl 2 mobs etc.

If you lose you have to start from lvl 1 again!

If you tie you'll have to replay the same lvl of the location.

If you beat the last lvl you'll be able to enchant an item in HGR (see Clan Buildings for more info).

For the Slums if you beats lvl 3 you'll get one enchantment slot in HGR.

After beating a location you will be able to replay it starting from lvl 1 for PoH or fun Smile .

04-02-2011 00:36 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Q&A

Q. Are expedition teams clan only?
A. Yes.

Q.Don't you think the enchantments will destroy the balance of items?
A. It might be, but the effects are completely random so before you get one that you like you'll probably have to run a location a lot of times.

Q. There are no costs so basically PoH for free?
A. Exactly, this is meant to be a fun way of gaining PoH.

Q. Are we going to gain xp from the mobs?
A. No, PoH only.

Q. How much PoH are we talking about? 1000-2000 per player? I'm not sure if it would be better than just setting up a siege
A. Mobs are not yet designed, but it's not meant to replace PoH sieges, you'll be able to do both. It's just meant to be an easier road to PoH for most players.

Q. Will upgrading/merging an item cancel the enchantments?
A. Not decided yet. For now we decided to disallow merging enchanted items. Generally we want enchanted items to be "locked" so the only thing you can do with it is use it.

Q. Will PoH be given in the same way as in arenas?
A. Exactly like on arens, but if you lose you gain no PoH.

04-02-2011 00:37 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
grind
Double Ace

Registration Date: 01-22-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HLL

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Szeszej, I promise I'll stop complaining about you not working enough lol
This looks really exciting, just as the evolution thing! 8 locations, plenty of diferent mobs, enchantments..
What are exactly this enchantments?? Could you reveal one??

And.. let's day I beat lvl 3 mobs. I get this enchantment, for what I understand there are many..
you stated
"
A. It might be, but the effects are completely random so before you get one that you like you'll probably have to run a location a lot of times."

what does it mean?? You run location 1 plenty of time and get different enchantments to power up your items??? You can only keep one?? You can change enchantment on items?
04-02-2011 01:07 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
Hunt0r

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: [-END-]

Will you lose PoH for losing?

04-02-2011 01:07 Hunt0r is offline Search for Posts by Hunt0r Add Hunt0r to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

quote:
Originally posted by grind
Szeszej, I promise I'll stop complaining about you not working enough lol
This looks really exciting, just as the evolution thing! 8 locations, plenty of diferent mobs, enchantments..
What are exactly this enchantments?? Could you reveal one??

And.. let's day I beat lvl 3 mobs. I get this enchantment, for what I understand there are many..
you stated
"
A. It might be, but the effects are completely random so before you get one that you like you'll probably have to run a location a lot of times."

what does it mean?? You run location 1 plenty of time and get different enchantments to power up your items??? You can only keep one?? You can change enchantment on items?

Ceck buildings thread under one of the buildings Wink

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
04-02-2011 01:12 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: LGN

will you be able to LOSE poh in here?

IGN: acidic shots
04-02-2011 01:12 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Ecnahntments are described in more detail in Clan Buildings thread, there are some examples too.

As for the amount of PoH - it will be calculated exactly like on Arenas (at least it's the current design).

04-02-2011 01:13 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: LGN

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
Ecnahntments are described in more detail in Clan Buildings thread, there are some examples too.

As for the amount of PoH - it will be calculated exactly like on Arenas (at least it's the current design).

but is it possible to lose poh in this mini game?

IGN: acidic shots
04-02-2011 01:26 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Awesome. Big Grin

BWT, I love you all.

New mobs! New locations! New item bonuses!

Is it Xmas already?

Seriously, this does sound very interesting, and I can't wait.

Regarding poh gain / loss - I think Szej is saying that if you win against the mob, poh will be gained at the same rate as it is in the arena.
If you lose against the mob, you will not lose any poh, but you will have to fight the mob again until you beat it.

That right? Smile

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
04-02-2011 01:53 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
darkacid

images/avatars/avatar-962.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009

Q1: Are there more types of enchantment/rune or just 1 universal "and we pick which enchantment we want in HGR"

example:
rune of attack
rune of defence
rune of agility...

Q1a: Are there differences between runes "types or strength" dropped on different locations "location1 and location2"?

example:
rune of agility lvl1 "adds +1 strength" /gained in location 1
rune of agility lvl2 "adds +1 strength" /gained in location 1

Q2: Rune drops are limited with locations??? u can get only 1 rune from location 1 "lvl3"...or u can repeat it again and get new rune?

Q3: Will runes be able to trade? auction/trade

ps
rune u get in KotH?
enchantment u get when u put rune in item?

kinda confused Smile

nick in game:darkacid

Necropolis looking for:
2xperfect demons
good ring/signet/bracelet of blood
good Shamanistic mask

Underworld looking for:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by darkacid: 04-02-2011 07:15.

04-02-2011 07:14 darkacid is offline Search for Posts by darkacid Add darkacid to your Buddy List
blackcat
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Registration Date: 05-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: end

will the enchantments raise stats on items

like say you equip lvl 65 will enchantment raise it to 70 or will it stay the same

archimage on underworld riddler on necro
04-02-2011 10:22 blackcat is offline Search for Posts by blackcat Add blackcat to your Buddy List
Philly
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-935.gif

Registration Date: 09-08-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

if a person who is currently on a lvl 2 mob decides to go back and fight lvl 1 mobs and loses, is there any disadvantage? do they go back to lvl 1?

04-03-2011 12:44 Philly is offline Search for Posts by Philly Add Philly to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

There is currently no info about runes, as for enchantments some of them are given in CBs thread.

quote:
Originally posted by Philly
if a person who is currently on a lvl 2 mob decides to go back and fight lvl 1 mobs and loses, is there any disadvantage? do they go back to lvl 1?

If you're at lvl 2 you cannot just go back, when you choose the location again after beating lvl 1 you'll automatically fight against lvl 2 mobs.

04-03-2011 20:35 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

this is a really good sub game and will help with the expo rez costs.

http://beta.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mi...&key=32576e85b0

this is lvl 2

http://beta.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mi...&key=76035b8bc3

lvl 3 this was too easy for lvl 3

http://beta.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mi...&key=b751f68eb2

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by darc: 09-27-2011 12:11.

09-24-2011 23:15 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » News » Act 3 - King Of The Hill

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH