Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Race and Gender help » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Race and Gender help
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
pagru

Registration Date: 03-28-2011

Frown Race and Gender help Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am looking to delete my vamp and start again, my intention is to set myself up as a melee fighter.
Problem is i cannot figure out which race and gender will be best, pls help x
04-07-2011 05:14 pagru is offline Search for Posts by pagru Add pagru to your Buddy List
Veritatis Splendor
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-972.gif

Registration Date: 03-07-2011
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: QTD

RE: Race and Gender help Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I personally like thoughtcatchers as the arcana is great for hit points in ambush and defense addind CHA and REP for cheap although beastmasters can really pwn with beats hide.
It's really a matter of personal preference I would say.

Looking for: Good speed, legs with high agility, Any luck items whatsoever.

Never forget; Atrum Dominatio X Clan Page
04-07-2011 06:11 Veritatis Splendor is offline Homepage of Veritatis Splendor Search for Posts by Veritatis Splendor Add Veritatis Splendor to your Buddy List Add Veritatis Splendor to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Veritatis Splendor: . YIM Account Name of Veritatis Splendor: . View the MSN Profile for Veritatis Splendor
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Male absorber all the way Smile

5% easiness really adds up and act 2 luck/crit makes life so much easier Big Grin

males because we get bandannas and kilts Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

04-07-2011 08:00 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Warlord

images/avatars/avatar-968.jpg

Registration Date: 03-16-2011
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: The Source

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1h or 2h?

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Norris
Murderous pwnz!

04-07-2011 08:46 Warlord is offline Search for Posts by Warlord Add Warlord to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Warlord
npc
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-717.jpg

Registration Date: 03-19-2010

cultist to catch up lv65 (act3) fast.
only cultist (all) arcana useable on all condition (expo, ambush, quest, defend) before act2(lv50).

male = melee born fighter. (bloodwars or non bloodwars game)
(sorry I dont want to insult female character but god create male before female)

female = gunner born fighter.

npc son's name : cpu

04-07-2011 10:03 npc is offline Homepage of npc Search for Posts by npc Add npc to your Buddy List Add npc to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of npc: no-reply@aol.com YIM Account Name of npc: no-reply@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for npc
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

quote:
Originally posted by npc
cultist to catch up lv65 (act3) fast.
only cultist (all) arcana useable on all condition (expo, ambush, quest, defend) before act2(lv50).

male = melee born fighter. (bloodwars or non bloodwars game)
(sorry I dont want to insult female character but god create male before female)

female = gunner born fighter.
in this game males dominate all damage anyway... purely due to the fact that we have headgear that gives 1/4 lvl damage boost....

women can wear capes and the skirt gives damage but males get the bandanna... people cry about it all the time but yes males do get it easier Smile

quote:

Smile

04-07-2011 10:20 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: boot camp

what about the negative hit with the bandanna though?
and their skirt doesn't give defence so unless you use tigers it would become unusable
04-07-2011 17:10 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

quote:
Originally posted by fool
what about the negative hit with the bandanna though?
and their skirt doesn't give defence so unless you use tigers it would become unusable

negative to hit is negligable -6 or so agility at P+1

and actually a P+1 skirt has quite a high base defence anyway Smile

also people wanting to use a P+1 kilt/skirt would have to use suicide/solar set anyway even with tigers prefix at P+1 your screwed above level 86

quote:

Smile

04-07-2011 17:26 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
TheKid
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-19-2010

id say clutist female 1h mele Tongue

04-07-2011 19:01 TheKid is offline Search for Posts by TheKid Add TheKid to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

ok ill put it like this....

BM = 1 extra attack... awesome but you will chase an absorber agility wise but you will have more attacks

Cultist - you will have more agility early on but late game it makes no difference as an absorber will have better items and if not better the same but higher....

Thought catcher = LOTS of extra HP -pretty much it

Absorber - negates/absorbs extra attacks, extra agility/health , absorbs searing blood 5% easiness that allows you to use better items alot sooner(5% doesnt sound like alot but it is AMAZING later on) and if you dont need to absorb you get alot of crit and luck in expo/ambush allowing you to drop murderous 1h weapons for the crit in favour of more agility allowing you to have more agility than cultists Smile

And male because of the reasons i stated above

quote:

Smile

04-07-2011 19:10 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

Male 100% - you can use most of items and bonus to damage... only 1 minus - in defence female player have more... more... charisma that male...

My view for Races:
Absorber - easy mod game
Cultist - very good from beginning
Beastmaster - hard way....
Thoughtcatcher - i like his Luck and arcana...

...first time i play i chose an Absorber and an Thoughtcatcher ... yes 2 accounts, until i was banned Happy ) same time of playing but absorber have 4 levels in advantages of Thoughtcatcher (i play until ~42 LVL)

Now i have an absorber... and 5% is very useful...

And very important, chose race depending of what tattoo you want to use... you mentioned melee - i don't think the absorber is good for melee, beastmaster and cultist i think is more appropriate to melee

04-07-2011 20:07 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
pagru

Thread Starter Thread Started by pagru

ended up with female BM
BM extra attack just tooooo tempting lol
and went with female as its likely ill be using monk or assasin tattoos later in the game

im not level 6 yet but while my threads still about can people tell me what they think about the different tatts for melee, as above, im probably going to go monk (epic defence, no real attack bonus) or assasin (epic damage output but no real defence at all (requirements are low defence)
04-08-2011 18:13 pagru is offline Search for Posts by pagru Add pagru to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

high level monk is unfeasable unless you go look at anubis...

hes a decent monk..

assassin is the greatest tattoo ever but not as a female Wink

quote:

Smile

04-08-2011 18:16 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
pagru

Text more help Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Another question lol
Can anyone give me an idea regarding how chance to hit works.
My understanding is that as a melee fighter my chance to hit is down to agility and opponent chance to dodge melee is based on their agility.
Basicly my question is why do people with lower agility keep dodging my attacks :-(
04-09-2011 20:49 pagru is offline Search for Posts by pagru Add pagru to your Buddy List
TheKid
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-19-2010

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=66bf099919

I Duno How It Works =/ Some Times You Win And Some Times Yu Don't Lool Just get Ur Aglity Defence And Chance To hit And Crit Hit Up =/ Its All i've Done

04-09-2011 21:19 TheKid is offline Search for Posts by TheKid Add TheKid to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

@TheKid:
If you don't know how it works then don't post at all. You post adds nothing and even the report is deleted now. If I see similar post next time is a warning for you mate.

@pagru:

1) 1 agility/perception = 3 hit + 3 dodge

1 hit = 1% chances to hit.

Example:
Player A has 50 agility and "+21 hit" from weapon
Player B has 60 agility and "5 dodge" from tattoo

A: 50*3+21=171 hit
50*3=150 dodge
B: 60*3=180 hit
60*3+5=185 dodge

A: 171-185=-14 [chances to hit]
B: 180-150=30 [chances to hit]

The basic chance is 70% so player A has 56% and player B has 100% which is decreased to the real max. (90%, with luck 99%)

2) Dodge decreases your chance directly from your hit. You can add it to the upper formulas

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
04-10-2011 18:09 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
ilovelhx

images/avatars/avatar-973.jpg

Registration Date: 04-08-2011

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
@TheKid:
If you don't know how it works then don't post at all. You post adds nothing and even the report is deleted now. If I see similar post next time is a warning for you mate.

@pagru:

1) 1 agility/perception = 3 hit + 3 dodge

1 hit = 1% chances to hit.

Example:
Player B has 60 agility and "5 dodge" from tattoo

A: 50*3+21=171 hit
50*3=150 dodge
B: 60*3=180 hit
60*3+5=185 dodge

A: 171-185=-14 [chances to hit]
B: 180-150=30 [chances to hit]

The basic chance is 70% so player A has 56% and player B has 100% which is decreased to the real max. (90%, with luck 99%)

2) Dodge decreases your chance directly from your hit. You can add it to the upper formulas

Example:
Player B has 60 agility and "5 dodge" from tattoo - there is no such dodge bonus

On hit formula: [ 70 + (Player A agi * 3 - Player B agi * 3) + Player A bonus to hit ] x chance to hit multiplier from legendary items = C

then

max( 10, floor( 90, C ) )

'Dodge' is a separate test so you can 'dodge' any hit with x% dodge chance (max 30%).

04-12-2011 10:45 ilovelhx is offline Search for Posts by ilovelhx Add ilovelhx to your Buddy List
Maelstrom

Registration Date: 10-27-2010

[quote]Originally posted by ilovelhx

Example:
Player B has 60 agility and "5 dodge" from tattoo - there is no such dodge bonus

quote]

you mean apart from the gangster tattoo Urchin`s senses at level 1

04-12-2011 11:06 Maelstrom is offline Search for Posts by Maelstrom Add Maelstrom to your Buddy List
ilovelhx

images/avatars/avatar-973.jpg

Registration Date: 04-08-2011

quote:
Originally posted by Maelstrom
[quote]Originally posted by ilovelhx

Example:

quote]

you mean apart from the gangster tattoo Urchin`s senses at level 1

no. as i say 'Dodge' is a separate test so you can 'dodge' any hit with x% dodge chance (max 30%).

Player B has:

Urchin`s Senses CLOSE
Level: 1
Effects: dodge +5 %

So when Players A attack with his weapon, Players B regardless of his stats has always 5% chance to dodge this attack.

"... dodges the strike." - this is fail of to hit formula.
"... performs a series of feints and dodges the strike." - this is success of dodge test.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ilovelhx: 04-12-2011 11:22.

04-12-2011 11:16 ilovelhx is offline Search for Posts by ilovelhx Add ilovelhx to your Buddy List
pagru

Much appreciate the help peoples, but just one more question if yous don't mint ;-)
Bit of backgrounds first-
I play Bloodwars in 6 places
2 libraries with public internet access
3 friends houses
My house

2 of my friends also play Bloodwars

While I do not share their computers' I do use their wi-fi networks.

Question is, do I need to make an in game report to operator about this to avoid my account and friend accounts being banned?
04-14-2011 04:17 pagru is offline Search for Posts by pagru Add pagru to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

quote:
Originally posted by pagru
Much appreciate the help peoples, but just one more question if yous don't mint ;-)
Bit of backgrounds first-
I play Bloodwars in 6 places
2 libraries with public internet access
3 friends houses
My house

2 of my friends also play Bloodwars

While I do not share their computers' I do use their wi-fi networks.

Question is, do I need to make an in game report to operator about this to avoid my account and friend accounts being banned?

Would just incase to be safe

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
04-14-2011 08:00 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
pagru

One (possibly) final question.
I've almost asked all I think I need to ask right now, only remaining query is; how do I close this thread lol
04-22-2011 08:14 pagru is offline Search for Posts by pagru Add pagru to your Buddy List
Veritatis Splendor
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-972.gif

Registration Date: 03-07-2011
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: QTD

quote:
Originally posted by pagru
One (possibly) final question.
I've almost asked all I think I need to ask right now, only remaining query is; how do I close this thread lol

edit title to devs to close or something like that I don't think you can close these threads on this board

Looking for: Good speed, legs with high agility, Any luck items whatsoever.

Never forget; Atrum Dominatio X Clan Page
04-22-2011 08:26 Veritatis Splendor is offline Homepage of Veritatis Splendor Search for Posts by Veritatis Splendor Add Veritatis Splendor to your Buddy List Add Veritatis Splendor to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Veritatis Splendor: . YIM Account Name of Veritatis Splendor: . View the MSN Profile for Veritatis Splendor
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Race and Gender help

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH