Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Looks of the game » Wish List » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Wish List 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Azz420
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-676.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: .DB.

Wish List Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

taken from another post....

in auctions maybe for the small cost of 1000 lgo/1BS
you can add an item (and price you would bid for it) to your WISH LIST (for 1 month with option of extending or deleting item if already purchased)
then people can look to see if the new item they have just found is in demand
by use of the same filter that is already used in the auctions ????
extra prefixes and suffixes can be added to item before posting
item would appear sort of like an auction does now (but instantly once posted)

a quick knock up

actions could be...
let buyer know item is available
or auction item for buyers bid
when clicked if you have that item in inventory (to stop spamming)
it will send a message to the buyer something like

or if an item in your wish list is auctioned
then you get an automail the same way
and the wish list could just be used for reference
and the buyer name could be hidden ????

i will edit it later to make more sense after i have had some sleep Tongue

07-22-2008 16:27 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
DemonDude
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-208.gif

Registration Date: 06-20-2008
Clan: TIG

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I really really like tis idea!!

But for it to work effectivly there will have to be some sort of system or checking the auction constantly or every ten minits or sufin and we both no they wont do that!!! (id rather lag if it = a better game)

But basically your just putting a buying thread onto the game!!!

Thing is, like 1/6 of the members frequently visit the forums!!!!

So maybe some sort of list that you can enter would be helpful!!

I.e.

Observed Auction - Ceate an Auction - Item List - Wish List - Closed Auction

Wish List
Then inside it is set up like Item list, lots of items in each catagory, and instead of how many stones are currently bid, you get how many stones that person is willing to offer for the requested item!!!

The person should be anon. but you can send a message to them saying what you have if they bid more etc!!!

Idealy, every person should only be aloud on the list once or twice at one time, and shoulnt be able to have one request up for more than 2 weeks maybe!!

But that causes more searching and lag, so how about refresh the list every 2 weeks, or have entrance times?? Or limit the amount to

1 request per person
50-100 requests per field (i.e. ranged, gun etc)
Only for premium players

???

Any ideas???

07-22-2008 16:52 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
PureDoom01
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2008
Clan: The Source

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i think this would be a great idea but maybe to stop people spamming with it people can only have 2 items each?

example of how this would be useful:

player a posts on forum and ups her post(lets say she was looking for a hunter jacket) little does she know that someone has already put a hunter jackets on auction and she had no idea so it passes and she doesn't get it Frown

With wish list:

player a posts on forum about buying a hunter jacket she doesn't need to up her post as she get a message telling her there's one on auction atm and ending at xxx so she gets her stones together and wins it Big Grin

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
07-22-2008 16:56 PureDoom01 is offline Search for Posts by PureDoom01 Add PureDoom01 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PureDoom01
DemonDude
Lord

For that to word PureDoom, the server will need to check the entire auction for everyone who tries to put sumfin up, now i know that a lot of what Szejez says cant happe kusa lag, but that method will cause not only lag, but a crash!!!

I think my way of messaging people wouldnt cause very little lag at all!!

And its the same concept as well!!! Just not as automated!!!!

07-22-2008 17:24 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Serafine
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-247.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: [-END-]

The simplest way would be for the "wish list" just to be a set of predefined search parameters that the player sets when they are looking for something. Save you going through each section and looking through them all.

Especially useful if you are searching for multiple things for merging.

There wouldn't need to be a messaging system. (Although yes that would be nice, but to cut out lag it would be a good compromise)

That way when you log on and go to AH you can just look at wish list first. (having already set the parameters previously)

Selling:

See Necro Profile - mostly rubbish tbh.

Buying:

See IGProfile.
07-22-2008 19:49 Serafine is offline Search for Posts by Serafine Add Serafine to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Serafine
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

the last idea makes more sense and is more feasible i think

07-23-2008 01:48 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Azz420
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by Azz420

the automail is so you dont have to keep looking every day or several times a day
and the wishlist it would be like the auction page where you can filter it to see what items are in demand
setting the parameters would be fine if you were looking for 1 item
but when merging there are usually more than one option and i look through all the auctions across the top row
[ Helmet ] - [ Ring ] - [ Amulet ] - [ Armour ] - [ Pants ] - [ One-handed melee weapon ]
but none of the bottom row except junk now n then.

07-23-2008 02:58 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
warlock619
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-19-2008

i think that its a good idea

All auctions are 24 hour, no 5 minute rule.

Bring these to the dark side..we have COOKIES

IGN:
UW: Warlock_619 Not a Cultist.
Necro: warlock619
07-23-2008 10:21 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Apologies, you're probably right with regards to the numerous items for merging.

Thing is though, the Dev team are probably encouraging people to use the boards

I see numerous people logged on every day that never leave a post anywhere except the buyers/sellers threads. If this option was added, the board would lose these members.

I'm not saying I don't support the idea, I do. Just that the Dev team are motivated by promotion and use of all aspects of the game, so this may be their standpoint.

07-24-2008 02:31 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Hmm but the idea itself is actually rather sound. I personally like it. People should, in theory, use the board for all it's functions, if as you say

quote:
Just that the Dev team are motivated by promotion and use of all aspects of the game, so this may be their standpoint.

Then they would want to encourage many people to use hte boards for everything, not just buyers and sellers...

I personally would like direct sale, but we all know that will never happen

Your imperfection.
07-24-2008 03:07 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
DemonDude
Lord

Yes, but this makes the game better which means more people, and if its for premium only, means more muni, which means more resources to make the gme better!!

So if they have any form of heinseight, then working on the game as opposed to the forum would be better!!!

I mean, not many people complain about the fourm, its good as is!!!

But loada people complain about the game!!

^_^

07-24-2008 10:17 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Serafine
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-247.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2008
Clan: [-END-]

quote:
Originally posted by Azz420

but when merging there are usually more than one option and

Don't I know it. But as I was saying, a good compromise would be to be able to set predefined parameters to search for. If they set some way of searching multiple prefix | item | suffix combinations.

Like for example using a checkbox style system, on left a list of all prefixes, then all items in middle then all suffixes on right. And you can choose a set amount of them. It will then search and return only those items that match all 3 criteria.

example, I choose 4 prefixes, 2 items and 3 suffixes. Only 1 item shows as being on sale which matches prefix and suffix of the items you selected. (for example if I was looking for just a bandana and headband to make a crown say)

I know that explanation isn't too good, sry.

It would be too big though to be able to search for say, 5 items of headgear and 3 items of armour. So set to 1 category only at a time. It could either serve as a quick search function {meaning you can set it as often as you want} , or they could use it to highlight what is being sought {meaning you can only set once a day or so} and when ppl click on AH they can see what is most in demand. (that's where your mail idea would be really useful, but the mailing might be a bit much on the server. - consider how many ppl are searching for merge items)

Selling:

See Necro Profile - mostly rubbish tbh.

Buying:

See IGProfile.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Serafine: 07-24-2008 15:19.

07-24-2008 15:17 Serafine is offline Search for Posts by Serafine Add Serafine to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Serafine
Azz420
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by Azz420

i know what you are saying checkbox is a good idea Smile

i envisioned the wishlist filtering to be
like the filter is now for auctions
but with multiple drop down menus
but it gets quite complicated when adding an item you want with 5 different prefix and suffix and how it would display the item ??? (either 1 long string, or split into many combinations, and both dont seem like good methods)
but for just searching the list it would be fine Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Azz420: 07-24-2008 15:38.

07-24-2008 15:37 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

This is an excellent idea! Needs some refinement - not sure about the automail aspect. And it definitely affect the amount of posts on the board - as Artoir says, there are a group of people who mainly use the board for buying & selling.

Can someone wake the dev's up please - we need another opinion on whether this is feasable or not. Big Grin

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
07-27-2008 11:35 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-29-2007
Clan: DD

1 word..

Ebay.

Great idea though.

http://deeperdimensions.forumotion.co.uk/

Clan friends and people looking for a clan very welcome, it's a forum not only for Deeper Dimensions but the active community of BW.

07-30-2008 04:14 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Not bad idea. With little testing how much stress it will create I think it could be implemented something to improve auctions.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mortis: 07-30-2008 11:03.

07-30-2008 11:00 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Also how many times will we hear 'Lag' as an arguement in the process

Your imperfection.
07-30-2008 17:06 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Nhan Ho
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-228.jpg

Registration Date: 06-11-2008
Clan: Source

nope I don't see any 'Lag' apart from you Tongue Big Grin

sounds good to me Azz420 Big Grin I like the idea

Demondude, premium Frown , fine at least helps earn more money so the BW can improve stuff Big Grin , makes them wanna buy it more Big Grin

Remember The Name...

This post has been edited 6 time(s), it was last edited by Nhan Ho: 07-30-2008 20:07.

07-30-2008 20:01 Nhan Ho is offline Search for Posts by Nhan Ho Add Nhan Ho to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Nhan Ho: nhanho25@hotmail.co.uk YIM Account Name of Nhan Ho: nhanho25@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for Nhan Ho
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Looks of the game » Wish List

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH