Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Basic Tournament » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Basic Tournament 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: CUBS

Basic Tournament Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is just a tournament I was thinking of doing beside the game Bw. Here's how it works:

Rules:

1) IMPORTANT stats need to be above 30(STR AGI PERC KNO)
2) Five members per siege.
3) Tattoos must not be active.
4) You are not allowed to attack participants with main gear between siege times.
5) Spying is allowed.
6) Armour sets are forbidden.
7) Jewelry sets are allowed.
Cool Act II arcana is forbidden.
9) You can use +blood point gear(ie Shamastic set) when applying for siege.
10) Players must be above level 50, but not necessarily in Act II.
11) Siege starter must be premium.

Usable Pre/Suffixes:

Helmet
Prefix:
Bulletproof
Hardened
Strengthened
Tiger's
Deadly
Suffix:
Caution
Durability
Punishment
Senses
Wanderer

Armour
Prefix:
Deadly
Bulletproof
Light
Regal
Hunter's
Studded
Tiger's
Suffix:
Speed
Apprentice
Fencer
Guard
Thief

Amulets+Rings
Prefixes:
Elastic
Necromancer
Silver
Ursine
Suffixes:
Hardskin
Misdemeanour
Strength
Wisdom
Genius
Werewolf

Shorts
Prefix:
Bulletproof
Deadly
Light
Short
Tiger's
Velvet
Suffixes:
Secrecy
Incas
Rogue
Sun
Smuggler

Guns
One Handed - Legendary Allowed
Glock
Magnum
Uzi
Beretta
Two Handed - No Legendary
Semi Automatic Sniper
Fn-Fal

One Handed Melee - No Legendary
Prefix:
Bony
Cruel
Light
Serrated
Sharp
Suffix:
Agility
Courage
Pain
Power
Valour
Leader

Two Handed Melee - No Legendary
Prefix:
Broad
Expensive
Mystic
Sharp
Serrated
Suffix:
Betrayal
Gambler
Conqueror

Ranged - No Legendary
Suffix:
Long Range
Perfection
Dryad

Example Gear

Mask of Caution(+5)
Shirt of Speed(+5)
Amulet of Strength(+5)
Rings of Strength(+5)
Deadly Shorts(+5)
Mace of the Gambler(+5)

Restrictions:

1) Two Handed Melee can only have 2 attacks per round(with speed)(ie scythe must be below +3 condition)
2) No duplicates of Pre/Suffixes are allowed(unless jewelry)(except deadly).
3) Each important stat for hitting(AGI PERC) has a maximum of 70(depending on your gear choice).
Caps(Minimum-Maximum)
1h Melee: 50-70 AGI
2h Melee: 60-80 AGI? (counteract -chance to hit)
1h Guns: 30-70 PERC
2h Guns: 50-70 PERC(Less use of deadly)
Ranged: 30-60 AGI 30-60 PERC(120 AGI+PERC)
Caps cannot be exceeded in any way or form. Ie, Cats Path cannot be used if agility is already at 70.
4) One Handed Melee are restricted to 3 attacks per weapon(with speed)(ie Thurderfist must be at +0)
5) Two Handed and One Handed Gunners cannot use speed.

Each siege must consist of 5 players, no more or less. Each player will have up to 17hours to join the siege. If not all participants are present during the 17hour deadline(timer starts when siege does) either leader/deputy must call it off as it will be unfair.

A full 'fixtures' list will be made up once the clans have been set up and their participants joined.
Each clan will siege each other twice in the 'season'.Eg

Fixtures for Blah Blah:
(Siege Starter(Offensive) Vs Siege Defender(Defensive)
Blah Blah Vs Bleh Bleh
Bloop Oop Vs Blah Blah
Blah Blah Vs Haha Haha
Bleh Bleh Vs Blah Blah
Blah Blah Vs Bloop Oop
Haha Haha Vs Blag Blah

A win will add 3 points to your total. A draw, 1 point, and a loss 0 points.

The siege participants with the highest amount of points will win a 14 day premium code for each of their members.

Please reply to this if you want to participate. Please include your clan in your post. If you can think of any tweaks to this tournament(ie adding/removing prefixes/suffixes etc) then please do let me hear them. If you think the Pre/suffixes used will be too overbalancing one player, then let me know also.

Additional Information

Each siege will have 5 usual players per side. These players need to participate in every siege. You cannot substitute participants, unless one has to go on vacation, or won't be able to make ir on for the siege. Each clan will have 2 substitutes to use. If the subsitutes won't be able to make it on, the clan must forfeit their current fixture. When a fixture has been forfeited, the clan who has pulled out will automatically lose the match, thus awarding the opposing team with 3 points. Subs need to be used in order of selection. The clan decides the selection. For example:

-DD-
Anguish
Kenpachi
Gusnargh
Lake
Angelis
Subs:
1) Cursed_Sephiroth
2) OMGitsAlex

Vs

BoS
MYRKUL
Makavelli
Clemenza
Mortis
Vlade
Subs:
1) Bowmore
2) Levija

In the case of one participant missing:
Gusnargh won't be able to make it on for the siege. Cursed_Sephiroth steps up and takes Gusnargh's place in the siege.

In the case of both participants missing:
Cursed_Sephiroth + OMGitsAlex + Gusnargh won't be able to make it on to join the siege. -DD- will have to pull out the fixture, and the match will automatically be regarded as a win for BoS, and they will be rewarded 3 points.

Remember each clan sieges each other twice, each clan taking turns as the attackers.

It doesn't have to be individual clans(ie you won't have to leave your clan with a z3/2 square to take part.) You can get together with 6 other members within your current clan to take part. But these members have to take part throughout the competition.

Fixtures

-
-
-

Standings

-
-
-

Current Participants

Deeper Dimensions
Endbringers

This post has been edited 23 time(s), it was last edited by franz: 05-01-2011 22:54.

04-25-2011 16:31 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Noumenon

Registration Date: 01-11-2010
Race in game: Absorber

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Interesting but the bonus hit from legendary reaction still is too big of an advantage

And wash away my innocence and fear
04-25-2011 16:51 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

Thread Starter Thread Started by franz
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So remove/keep it but non legendary(crit would be too high imo)/replace it with dryad/wolf?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by franz: 04-25-2011 16:54.

04-25-2011 16:53 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

RE: Basic Tournament Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Suffix:
Caution
Durability
Punishment
Senses
Wanderer
Deadly

Deadly is prefix

2. How come only ranged get leg weapons?

3. This will underpower 1h guns in the comp, no tats mean loss of dmg/atts while melee get speed and 2h gunners and rangers will be unhittable by 1h gunners due to more percept and no leg bonus

With items below g and what yuo give maybe I personally could reach 80-100 percept but 2h and range can reach this +there weapons + to percept

And u'll have 2h melee with say biting 2h sword +5 (2atts), speed (1 att), str jewels, punishment, deadly shorts and look 3 atts with crits hitting around 300-600, add which we cannot get decent def for it so 1-2 round ko and we'd have to be in the gear 24/7 for this to work making people easy targets for non-participants.

4. And say im Z2, no other Z2 join, no-one I can attack

5. More 1h guns (seen as thats what I am)
Lets say I do this

Band of punish +5
deadly cape +5
full set of wisdom jewelery
shorts of sun +5
x2 Berretas +5

Low dmg, lucky to get lets say 6 atts of like 60dmg dif that
Thats 360 dmg without crits which I won't be getting as nothing to add crit chance.
Now thats bad enough, then I look, no percept really, and then even worse

I can't use it as actually my tats would work
Now what could I use to upset the 25 helm or legs or 50 body def max for tat?
And if I find this, look my dmg, percept or chance of surviving a round is gone.

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
04-25-2011 18:23 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

Your problems have been noted. Give me 5 minutes to make adjustments and we'll say what you think after that.

To answer your second question:
Leg 2h guns get an extra attack and crit.
Leg 2h Melee have a higher chance to hit+crit
Leg 1h Melee has dodge and crit
Leg 1h hand guns maybe be overpowering damage amount. guns with deadly bandana would boost damage, you can always pile on knowledge with hunters+wisdom. If you still think this is wrong then maybe legendary, but there will have to be a condition cap at +3(maybe) to keep base damage low.
Leg 2h range. Maybe remove it from there. Perfection give a massive damage boost, and so does long range if using the right weapon. I think keeping legendary souly for reaction, as it would counteract the crit.

I'll remove biting prefix from 2h+1h Melee.

4: If you were to participate in this, you'd have a big advantage over other participants. I'll think about removing the square restriction, but only after I see how many people join in.

5: I'll add beretta's too.

6: As for tattoo, all you have to do is not use the weapon required. Although, after someone thought, the tattoo restriction does seem a bit harsh and difficult to achieve. I'll remove it for now.

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by franz: 04-25-2011 18:51.

04-25-2011 18:29 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
blackcat
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Registration Date: 05-11-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: end

but sure with no tats it makes no difference you could also use melee and 2 handed guns because tats must be inactive no

archimage on underworld riddler on necro
04-25-2011 19:08 blackcat is offline Search for Posts by blackcat Add blackcat to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by blackcat
but sure with no tats it makes no difference you could also use melee and 2 handed guns because tats must be inactive no

Yes. You don't have to use gear associated with your tattoos(ie weapons).

PS: Main post has been updated. Your thoughts?
After making changes(Restrictions) I now feel 2h Melee is underpowered.

@Foxy: The stat cap at 70 should be able to solve problems with being able to hit with 1h guns. Maybe it should be lowered to 60, but 70 seems reasonable.

04-25-2011 19:13 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Clan: Source

hmm... unbalanced, 1H & 2H melee cant have leg, yet gunners can?

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

04-25-2011 21:33 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

Think about it. If the gear used is crap, then players would have less defence against what their weak to. As Foxy said, any player would be killed in 1/2 rounds. 1h gunners rely on P+1 stat damage boost, jewelry boosts and tats boost for damage. Having them Legendary would increase damage for their part.

04-25-2011 21:45 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

Anymore ideas/changes?

I've been having a thought and I think moving it to a clan-siege tournament would be more effective. That way, buildings won't be active, and you can equip the gear you need to take part when it is about the reach the second phase, instead of using it 24/7.
1h Guns will stay legendary, and I was planning on removing the Reaction suffix and replacing it with Dryad.

I don't know if the rules are against this, but as an incentive for taking part, I'll be offering a 14 day premium code for the winning clan. 1 per player.
Rules have been added to take part.

04-26-2011 19:07 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
MetalMouth
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-29-2007
Clan: DD

Sounds good, I'm up for it Smile

http://deeperdimensions.forumotion.co.uk/

Clan friends and people looking for a clan very welcome, it's a forum not only for Deeper Dimensions but the active community of BW.

04-30-2011 13:15 MetalMouth is offline Homepage of MetalMouth Search for Posts by MetalMouth Add MetalMouth to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

RE: Basic Tournament Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think now I nerfed 2h melee a bit I'll try tournament with it

Only problems I'll have is

Same zone - Z2 is gunna be very hard to do this with tbh

and if its clan thing I'll try to get end into it but what about even points or do we do 1 on 1 sieges?

We could arrange attacks with other participants

04-30-2011 19:41 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

I can nominate -DD- as well.

Since you can only use certain Pre/Suffixes, I don't think points will be a problem. Just limit it to 5 members per siege, and keep the stats within the target.

04-30-2011 21:32 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Wait tatoo's are allowed now?

04-30-2011 21:35 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

What would you suggest? Yes/No?

Not many people would be able to have them active, anyway.

04-30-2011 21:39 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

No

04-30-2011 21:40 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

Right. It's been sorted.

04-30-2011 21:42 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

so no demon lords? their easiness tattoo gives +10% easiness and is an aura so works all the time....and all tattoo paths have the exp part which always works

and ranged.....my training stats are AGILITY 48 PERCEPTION 48

so my agi + perc is 96 before any gear.... i see a flaw here somewhere but cant think where......

edited for accuracy....

04-30-2011 22:04 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by popeye2k8
So no demon lords? Their easiness tattoo gives +10% easiness and is an aura so works all the time, and all tattoo paths have the exp part which always works.

My training stats are: AGILITY 48 PERCEPTION 48
So my agi + perc is 96 before I use any gear. I see a flaw here somewhere but cant think where.

Hm. I see your point. By the looks of things, ranged will have a big advantage with hitting.
There's no other type of gear like you, so I'll give an example.

If you were to have 60 PERC + 60 AGI, that's 120 total. But if you were in a siege with gunners with their PERC at the cap with 70 PERC, they will still be able to hit you, same with 1/2h Melee. Maybe lowering the cap for ranged will balance it out?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by franz: 05-01-2011 15:28.

05-01-2011 05:39 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Meh don't see the ranged problem

Gunners still hit them, melee still hit them

Ranges can still hit guns and melee

05-01-2011 12:18 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

By the looks of things, we have 2 clans:

END + -DD-
I think we need at least another 3 to make it a decent enough challenge.

Each siege will have 5 usual players per side. These players need to participate in every siege. You cannot substitute participants, unless one has to go on vacation, or won't be able to make ir on for the siege. Each clan will have 2 substitutes to use. If the subsitutes won't be able to make it on, the clan must forfeit their current fixture. When a fixture has been forfeited, the clan who has pulled out will automatically lose the match, thus awarding the opposing team with 3 points. Subs need to be used in order of selection. The clan decides the selection. For example:

-DD-
Anguish
Kenpachi
Gusnargh
Lake
Angelis
Subs:
1) Cursed_Sephiroth
2) OMGitsAlex

Vs

BoS
MYRKUL
Makavelli
Clemenza
Mortis
Vlade
Subs:
1) Bowmore
2) Levija

In the case of one participant missing:
Gusnargh won't be able to make it on for the siege. Cursed_Sephiroth steps up and takes Gusnargh's place in the siege.

In the case of both participants missing:
Cursed_Sephiroth + OMGitsAlex + Gusnargh won't be able to make it on to join the siege. -DD- will have to pull out the fixture, and the match will automatically be regarded as a win for BoS, and they will be rewarded 3 points.

Remember each clan sieges each other twice, each clan taking turns as the attackers.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by franz: 05-01-2011 19:32.

05-01-2011 18:28 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
warlock619
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-19-2008

Would it make more sense to award a forfeit to the other team in case of a team not having a full squad, like in say, underage football?

That way if it happens, that team will not be out of the league completely so they can still take part, while also not causing too much work messing around with tables. Just award the other team 3 points.

Just a thought anyway.

All auctions are 24 hour, no 5 minute rule.

Bring these to the dark side..we have COOKIES

IGN:
UW: Warlock_619 Not a Cultist.
Necro: warlock619
05-01-2011 19:23 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
franz
Trade Moderator

That's quite a good idea.
Above post has been edited.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by franz: 05-01-2011 19:32.

05-01-2011 19:28 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

Ranged needs higher cap.

Ranged max cap is 70 total.

Melee cap is 70-80

Guns cap is 70

Example: Ranged has 70 attack, and melee has 70 agility. Melee has at least 100 ranged defence due to maxed agility + whatever perc they happen to have from base & items, versus 70 ranged capped attack.

Proposed solution: cap at 60+60=120

Also, i would like to participate, but I'll leave that 1 to warlock to sort out.

05-01-2011 22:44 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

Main post has been sorted with your solution. I believe I have understood you correctly. If not then please correct me.

Could I get the names of the clans willing to participate?

05-01-2011 22:58 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

Any more clans willing to take part?
I need at the very very least 5 clans to make this a "fun" experience. :/
@Warlock619: What's the name of your clan, with OTNC?

05-06-2011 11:45 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Basic Tournament

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH