Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Gangster Thoughtcatcher help » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gangster Thoughtcatcher help 5 Votes - Average Rating: 7.805 Votes - Average Rating: 7.805 Votes - Average Rating: 7.80
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

Thread Starter Thread Started by Firetrap
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Would have to be rings and an amulet to start out, the extra appearance would be needed eventually changing to bracelets and an amulet i guess lol

06-17-2011 20:42 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BOS + S.S.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

if you want B-P set for gunner need to wait a while as this is my plan im using for my gunman set up atm, already started making

P+1 b-p bandanna of shep (u use prego or caution as not got a 25 def max)
P+1 b-P cape of strongman (gives the str needed and dmg ofcourse)
P+1 b-P kilt of shepkerd (again use sun with your tats)

With gangster you havign alot of def, mainly from badnanna and kilt, alot of dmg (3 items with 1 dmg every 4 levels) the strongman lets you use hawk's set no str needed, and the toughness boost is high as you won't use any shep so no - tough and cape adds tough)

Hope it helps Wink

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
06-19-2011 20:51 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Foxy
if you want B-P set for gunner need to wait a while as this is my plan im using for my gunman set up atm, already started making

P+1 b-p bandanna of shep (u use prego or caution as not got a 25 def max)
P+1 b-P cape of strongman (gives the str needed and dmg ofcourse)
P+1 b-P kilt of shepkerd (again use sun with your tats)

With gangster you havign alot of def, mainly from badnanna and kilt, alot of dmg (3 items with 1 dmg every 4 levels) the strongman lets you use hawk's set no str needed, and the toughness boost is high as you won't use any shep so no - tough and cape adds tough)

Hope it helps Wink

Yeah thats the end goal Tongue Wont quite be like that for a looooooong time, 1 maybe 2 years? lol

06-19-2011 21:18 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Firetrap
Lord

At what sort of level should i be completing sets? As in jewlerry etc, is there a guideline level? Obviously the sooner the better but is there a level that if i dont get a set ill struggle? Tongue

06-23-2011 19:18 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Firetrap
At what sort of level should i be completing sets? As in jewlerry etc, is there a guideline level? Obviously the sooner the better but is there a level that if i dont get a set ill struggle? Tongue

lvl 1..

you'll constantly struggle as a gangster without amazing gear the whole way through, its not something i would recommend starting as unless your a trooper and just go for it the whole way and hope people will help you.
06-23-2011 20:08 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
quote:

lvl 1..

you'll constantly struggle as a gangster without amazing gear the whole way through, its not something i would recommend starting as unless your a trooper and just go for it the whole way and hope people will help you.

Yeah, HLL seem to be doing a very good job at helping me out, already got an uber square for my level(37) which gives me 2250 hp in attack and 1300 in defence Tongue and they help me out with my expos and take me on theres Smile Already got Gangster tats so wont be changing now(3,2,0,0), i wanna be a thouroughbread lol

06-23-2011 20:15 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

If you can constantly be taken on expos even if you cannot hit anything and keep growing thats always a bonus.

as a gangster you will learn to rely totally on defence + life.. you need the defence to tank through everything while the shots you do hit.. hit hard
06-23-2011 20:22 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

quote:
If you can constantly be taken on expos even if you cannot hit anything and keep growing thats always a bonus.

as a gangster you will learn to rely totally on defence + life.. you need the defence to tank through everything while the shots you do hit.. hit hard

Ive almost completed a basic bulletproof set up which i plan on using once i get leg guns and perc wont matter so much thanks to the bonus and on that does toughness effect melee damage?

06-23-2011 20:26 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

Melee weapons damage

Basic damage of melee weapons is increased by strength and decreased by half of opponent's defence (sum of toughness and items defence).

Guns damage

Basic damage of guns is decreased by half of opponent's toughness, but strength doesn't increase it. Damage of guns is increased by 1/3 of character's total Knowledge (including items).
06-23-2011 20:30 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Can someone tell me why this person dodges me so much?

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=6255b0a41f

Same perc so cant think why

06-28-2011 19:22 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

Bad luck on your side Wink , on the other hand Pandora probably has sniper tatoo with bonus chance to hit, so she's hitting more frequently.

quote:
IGN: Atomos

06-29-2011 14:17 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Does anyone know if a Vengeful set is of any use? Can only see its bonus at +4 so dont know what its like higher

06-29-2011 19:53 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

its a nice set....

G+5 it gives an extra attack and a shedload of rep so its great in attack Smile

quote:
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

06-30-2011 13:25 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

extra attack from g+1 and two extra from p+1 i think

/Edit: Its excellent ambush gear if you don't need perception.

Bootsybaby have some real nice vengeful
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=cac52ebc87

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by dooz: 06-30-2011 14:09.

06-30-2011 13:41 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Undivisible
Bad luck on your side Wink , on the other hand Pandora probably has sniper tatoo with bonus chance to hit, so she's hitting more frequently.

Upped my perception by 3 by upgrading my mask and i seem to hit every time now so more death to come lol Smile

quote:
Originally posted by dooz
extra attack from g+1 and two extra from p+1 i think

/Edit: Its excellent ambush gear if you don't need perception.

Bootsybaby have some real nice vengeful
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=cac52ebc87

Yeah that is some pretty nice Vengeful Red Face Is the art for extra appearance do you think or just waiting to merge it into somet else?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 06-30-2011 21:57.

06-30-2011 17:44 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
dooz
Viking

Registration Date: 08-21-2007
Race in game: Cultist

Art gives reputation, but maybe he will merge into something better one day. i would assume ideally fox as it gives reputation and knowledge, making it pretty ideal for such setup

07-01-2011 06:27 dooz is offline Search for Posts by dooz Add dooz to your Buddy List
Warlord

images/avatars/avatar-968.jpg

Registration Date: 03-16-2011
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: The Source

Your dreaming Ty

Edit: screw this phone! Tyler*

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Norris
Murderous pwnz!

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Warlord: 07-01-2011 13:13.

07-01-2011 13:07 Warlord is offline Search for Posts by Warlord Add Warlord to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Warlord
Firetrap
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Warlord
Your dreaming Ty

Edit: screw this phone! Tyler*

First of all stfu stop using my name, go home and get my tea on and walk that mut of yours! Lol

Second of all, leg 1h guns = +35% chance to hit so does that mean 100 perc is equal to 135? And is that as a whole or per gun so equal to plus 75% chance to hit?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 07-01-2011 15:21.

07-01-2011 15:20 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

by technics.

100 percw ith a legendary 1H gun you can have 135perc.

it doesnt exactly work that way but by technics thats how it works
07-01-2011 15:23 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

So its the same if you have one or two guns, still +35% chance to hit

Damn, thought +70% chance to hit sounded to good to be true lol would be sightly overpowered I guess :-P

07-01-2011 15:43 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Clan: Medea/DB

heres how it works if you have 100 perc and use 2 x leg glocks then you would have 135 per glock to hit

if you only had 1 leg glock and a norm glock you would have 135 perc to hit on the leg glock but only 100 perc to hit with the norm glock

hope that explains it a little better

Necro knows me as Gjallar
07-01-2011 15:54 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Cheers Kralen thats an easy way to understand Tongue

Is the suffix Talent any good for gunners or is that mainly a questing suffix?

Edit: love drunken typos

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 07-02-2011 00:01.

07-01-2011 23:56 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

Mainly a quester.

Pilgrim is a good gunner
07-02-2011 00:03 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

quote:
Mainly a quester.

Pilgrim is a good gunner

Yeah i got pilgrim atm i was just wondering as it gives a little bit of perc and knowledge along with app which is always a beauty

Deadly Mask of the Shepherd (+4)
Cape of Speed (+3)
Amulet of the Pilgrim (+5)
Ring of the Genius (+5)
Signet
Trousers of the Shepherd (+5)
Beretta (+5)
Beretta (+5)

07-02-2011 00:08 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

Talent is very expensive, but it's slightly better than pilgrim, especially when you need small amounts of strength to wear your armors, and apperance to wear your jewellery(ring of the bat for example).
quote:
Second of all, leg 1h guns = +35% chance to hit so does that mean 100 perc is equal to 135? And is that as a whole or per gun so equal to plus 75% chance to hit?
It works like this:
you have 100 perception, chance to hit +0, chance to hit increased by 35 %, and you want to hit the target with 90% of your shots. That's the maximum perception you'll hit with this:

{[(100 x 3) + 0 +70] x 1.35 - 90} / 3 = {[300 + 0 + 70] x 1.35 - 90} / 3 = {370 x 1.35 - 90} / 3 = {499.5 - 90} / 3 = 409.5 / 3 = 136.5

1. it's the base chance to hit you'll have with non legendary weapon, if your, and your enemy's perception is equal, it's also affected by the legendary bonus
2. 1 point of perception and/or agility (according to what type of weapon you're using) is equal to 3 points of chance to hit/dodge, first you multiply it by 3 to add the base chance to hit, and bonus chance to hit from gear/tatoo, then you're adjusting it with legendary bonus chance to hit, to get total chance to hit, and then you're dividing it by 3 to chceck the maximum perception you'll hit with these stats

if you want to shoot with the base chance to hit(70%), your 100 perception with legendary weapon actually works like:
{[(100 x 3) + 0 +70] x 1.35 - 70} / 3 = {[300 + 0 + 70] x 1.35 - 70} / 3 = {370 x 1.35 - 70} / 3 = {499.5 - 70} / 3 = 429.5 /3 = 143.16(6) perception

EDIT: It can't be! I've added the colors for you! Tongue

quote:
IGN: Atomos

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Undivisible: 07-05-2011 19:19.

07-04-2011 00:23 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Thats some impressive math Tongue Far to complicated for my lame excuse for a brain lol

EDIT: Cant beleive the difference of having 15% dodge on level 3 of the tattoo compared to level 4 of the tattoo - 20%

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=b482d62cb2

Id of most definatly not won that fight without any dodge, Really cant wait to have 25% Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 07-04-2011 19:32.

07-04-2011 18:45 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Firetrap
Lord

Up Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Im using 2 glocks atm and untill i merge them both into P+1's ill only have 2 attacks per weapon. I have a cape of speed i use in attacks some times but was wondering what would be an ideal prefix of speed for a Gangster?

Field/Hunters Vest of Speed? I know i could use Uzi's or eventually Scorpios but i still want to match the amount of attacks a Gunman(Without G+5 Speed) has but without actually getting the tattoo

EDIT: Just thought, would i be better off using a Cape rather than a Vest?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 09-04-2011 16:14.

09-04-2011 16:12 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

I hate 99% of people on this game. I have said for years hunters of speed. And everybody just laughs because o the -crit chance. But because gangster has no crit chance anyway why does it matter
09-04-2011 16:14 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

You dont happen to have the stats of one? I dont care for crits i just wanna hit lots and hard, i wanna have my hits damage more than a Gunmans crit if possible.

What would you say on the Vest/Cape front?

09-04-2011 16:19 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

Cape.

ATM I have no stats. But I have half a merge to a hunters cape of speed. A vest is good. But it's the strength might be a huge problem
09-04-2011 16:25 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Imagine the requirements on a Perfect Hunters Cape of Speed (+1) that would be mental Tongue

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=e81001f574

With a G+5 speed id get the job done alot quicker

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 09-04-2011 16:54.

09-04-2011 16:28 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Firetrap
Lord

(Up) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What are peoples thoughts on a Deadly Circlet of the Shepherd/Precognition/Sun?

Obviously not so good at lower levels but at P+1 the defence bonus would be nice but would it be to much for the tat?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 09-12-2011 18:48.

09-12-2011 18:48 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Foxy
Viking

RE: (Up) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

bandanna better, as long as not shep will have +27 def at P+1 and will have good dmg

09-12-2011 22:39 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Would the Sun suffix be better than Caution for me?

09-13-2011 18:26 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Foxy
Viking

Can be just don't use shepherd

09-13-2011 22:32 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Grizly
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-618.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-10-2009
Clan: BC-R/D.B.

example of dodging... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I really don't understand how he can have a 49.05% total dodges (5 dodges and 21 feints from 53 attacks) when wiki says it's 30% maximum and he have 25% from tattoo Happy )

but it is... nice lucky defence :

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=39f48d34ad

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=01b0b6bb60

i am curious how to kill someone who have items that you mentioned in anterior posts Shocked

09-20-2011 13:47 Grizly is offline Search for Posts by Grizly Add Grizly to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

For every attack you have 30% chance of it being a dodge(Performs a series of feints), you could also get very luck as i sometimes do and dodge alot more than i am suppose to Tongue

But to take the sorta player down youre on about you need nice toughness and good hp, damage you have sorted

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 09-20-2011 20:50.

09-20-2011 20:49 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008

its just rng, same as upgrades.

you could dodge 10 attacks in a row just the same as you could get 10 upgrades in a row then next time dodge nothing or fail every upgrade.

its the rng......

09-22-2011 00:43 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
grind
Double Ace

Registration Date: 01-22-2009

At low-mid lvl I'd work to get this setup

p+1 bandanna of caution/senses/prophet/sun/precognition
p+1 cape of speed or g+5 hunters of speed
p+1 kilt of sun
tit of pilgrim
tit of wisdom
tit of wisdom
2xleg guns, uzi or berettas are fine until you can get skorpios

p+1 items are best way to enhance damage and defence.

at higher lvl the fun begins. You don't have the stupid def limitations of a gunner, so you can use almost any gear.

for perception you get a hawk set and you maximize dodges and damage. Since it is hard to do one with str suffixes (you will need high strenght) you will probably need one of your armour pieces with strenght suffix instead, and a plain hawk set.

And finally the dream equipment you could dream for lvl 100+

p+1 deadly bandanna of precognition
p+1 deadly cape of speed
p+1 deadly kilt of sun/incas
hawk chain of strenght
hawk signets (of strenght/youth and wisdom if you can)
perfect skorpios

you would get +6 extra strikes and even without crits you would hit really hard, have some defence and max dodge rate.
But building such setup on underworld is really hard.

An advantage is that you could try different setups, i.e. using bloody set for extra perception and regeneration, kind of
p+1 bloody bandanna of punishment/sun/precog (tshell would be great but breaks your tatoo)
p+1 bloody cape of speed/ds/caligola/centurion
p+1 bloody kilt of sun/sheperd/incas
with titanium set with pilgrim wisdom (or hskin for extra def or bat for extra perception) suffixes or hawk (again really hard get str to equip your gear)
2x skorpios

that could almost max defence and combined with the dodge would let you even solo some mobs, which is almost impossible with a gunman.
Also other sets as dancing (+hp), vengeful or insidious canbe nice, and such pieces can always be used as merge parts for hawk.
You just need to get per high enough to hit your target and then max defence & damage

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by grind: 10-02-2011 15:42.

10-02-2011 15:40 grind is offline Homepage of grind Search for Posts by grind Add grind to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Gangster Thoughtcatcher help

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH