Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Anti bot is too sensitive » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Anti bot is too sensitive
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Hayz_M
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-354.jpg

Registration Date: 08-23-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster

Anti bot is too sensitive Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just got anti bot banned for an hour whilst trying to apply to someones expo because the clicker on my mouse got stuck & decided to click repeatedly..

Its way too sensitive - it must have clicked only about 10 times in the message box & now Im banned for an hour and cant join the expo...

In my opinion anyone who would use a bot or script or something like that would have to put way more effort in than its worth .. and for clicking 10 times over accidently I think a ban for an hour is ridiculous.

Thank you anti bot for banning me for an hour & for possibly ruining the expo I was TRYING to join as well as loosing me exp ...
05-22-2011 10:32 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Democratic

Registration Date: 03-17-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Q _ Q

They don't care.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Democratic: 05-22-2011 10:34.

05-22-2011 10:34 Democratic is offline Search for Posts by Democratic Add Democratic to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Hayz_M
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

well they should .. and thanks again for adding such an addition to a thread.
If you dont have something useful / helpful to say then just sit on your hands.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hayz_M: 05-22-2011 10:36.

05-22-2011 10:36 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Democratic

Registration Date: 03-17-2011

quote:
Originally posted by Hayz_M
well they should .. and thanks again for adding such an addition to a thread.
If you dont have something useful / helpful to say then just sit on your hands.

No problem, you're welcome.

05-22-2011 10:37 Democratic is offline Search for Posts by Democratic Add Democratic to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: CUBS

Hayz, I'm not taking a dig at you or anything, but I think Levija is right. The amount of times people have been banned through the anti-bot is quite mind boggling. You would have thought the devs would have done something about it by now, and maybe the amount of threads created to try and make them do it would have persuaded them, but no.
It needs sorted, that much is clear, but whether or not it will be improved is yet to be seen.

05-22-2011 10:40 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

its retarded ... a mouse sticking and clicking 10 times over fast warrants a ban? I think not ...

-oh no people will cheat at the game... ROFL yes ok then cause someone will put that much effort into spamming their way to the top ... Im sure if someone had that much free time & skill theyd be doing more than hacking an internet game.. maybe hacking sony for example :L

Pfft its just annoyed me because it was the timing of it more than anything
05-22-2011 10:43 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Any other text based MMORPG is the same, its either Antibot or people abusing the game with scripts (as happened in so many others)

05-22-2011 14:32 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Hayz_M
Double Ace

they could still change the sensitivity of the bloody thing.
05-22-2011 19:54 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
Any other text based MMORPG is the same, its either Antibot or people abusing the game with scripts (as happened in so many others)

Unless an admin can give me a valid reason for it i am 100% against this anti bot and from all players i wont agree with untill iv heard it from an admin.

This is a turn based game.. you CANNOT do anything by clicking any quicker, if this was a game that you coul say do a quest every 5minutes aslong as your online and you set a bot to do it for you while you slept then i agree with it.. but because its turn based and you have to do the quests on the hour and get no more whats the point?

same with the auction, theres nothing that needs it, clicking quicker doesnt force attacks through quicker it doesnt help you in expos and it has no relavance at all, so why isit here?

to slow stop lag of people clicking quicker.. how much lag can you make by clicking 2/3times instead of once
05-22-2011 20:01 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Clan: BoS

I've only ever once been banned by the anti-bot, and it was on purpose. (I couldnt tear myself away from BW when I had other things that needed to be done so I spammed the Throne Hall button til I got banned) Its just unlucky that your mouse got stuck Hayz, you know what to do to prevent this in future though, get a new mouse! ;P

05-22-2011 20:03 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Artoir.
Avenger

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
quote:

it doesnt help you in expos and it has no relavance at all, so why isit here?

Really? Granted I haven't been on here in a while so I've no idea what the mob situation is, but before I left there was a serious shortage and people were literally refreshing every few minutes waiting on one to appear. On the polish servers the situation was much worse, they have genuinely active and FULL servers (not ones with maybe 1500 active players) and people were using illegitimate means to make sure they got expos..

05-22-2011 20:50 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Source

quote:
quote:
quote:

Really? Granted I haven't been on here in a while so I've no idea what the mob situation is, but before I left there was a serious shortage and people were literally refreshing every few minutes waiting on one to appear. On the polish servers the situation was much worse, they have genuinely active and FULL servers (not ones with maybe 1500 active players) and people were using illegitimate means to make sure they got expos..

is this a full, active, polish server? no, so your point is irrelevant.

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

05-22-2011 21:00 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

quote:
quote:
quote:

How illigitimate can an expo get when you cant make it any quicker by refreshing? and with the option to now create an expo if you successfully respawn a mob its not needed..

and if people are refreshing every minute to see if one appears they are idiots.. if theres a team in there its either going to fail on the half hour or on the hour.

Maybe im clearly missing the bigger picture but if i am then please do explain
05-22-2011 21:00 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

How illigitimate can an expo get when you cant make it any quicker by refreshing? and with the option to now create an expo if you successfully respawn a mob its not needed..

and if people are refreshing every minute to see if one appears they are idiots.. if theres a team in there its either going to fail on the half hour or on the hour.

As I said, its been a while since I've been involved with expeditions so if the system has changed fair enough. My point is without the antibot, it opens up the possibility of people cheating when competing for a monster (one they're not spawning themselves).

05-22-2011 21:04 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

As I said, its been a while since I've been involved with expeditions so if the system has changed fair enough. My point is without the antibot, it opens up the possibility of people cheating when competing for a monster (one they're not spawning themselves).

How can you cheat when the game automatically releases monsters on the half hour / hour if the team fails? there is no way you can force the game to let a monster drop before the timer finishes
05-22-2011 21:07 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

How can you cheat when the game automatically releases monsters on the half hour / hour if the team fails? there is no way you can force the game to let a monster drop before the timer finishes

Correct, but what you can do is constantly refresh and apply for expos so that once one is dropped you are guaranteed to get it.

05-22-2011 21:08 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Clan: Source

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Correct, but what you can do is constantly refresh and apply for expos so that once one is dropped you are guaranteed to get it.

at the half/on the hour, people are sat in shammy set, multiple people, hoping for a free mob, how does that guarantee a damn thing? others can be faster off the blocks, or maybe have a faster internet connection, so no, it's not guaranteed.

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

05-22-2011 21:12 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

I think the point of the whole matter is that everyone, or the majority, wants the Anti-Bot system changed. The devs will go for the option that will please the majority of people, and won't give a mind to those who won't be pleased.

05-22-2011 21:14 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

quote:
Originally posted by smierc
at the half/on the hour, people are sat in shammy set, multiple people, hoping for a free mob, how does that guarantee a damn thing? others can be faster off the blocks, or maybe have a faster internet connection, so no, it's not guaranteed.

*Sigh*

No its not guaranteed, unless you're using scripts that can refresh a page quicker than you can click. As I mentioned above if you care to read. The only way to stop people using these means, is to implement an Antibot that temporarily bans an account refreshing a page too quickly.

And to answer Franz, the devs know full well about the repercussions of not having it in place regardless of how many people don't want it.

05-22-2011 21:23 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
franz
Trade Moderator

I never said remove it.
quote:
Thread Title
Anti-Bot is too sensitive

Make it less sensitive.

05-22-2011 21:50 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

quote:
Originally posted by franz
I never said remove it.
quote:
Thread Title
Anti-Bot is too sensitive

Make it less sensitive.

Have some patience Tongue

I don't understand how people still manage to set it off, I've never once done it apart from when my internet was playing up and I frustratedly clicked the same button for ten seconds

05-22-2011 21:52 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

ok... why do we need a clicker when we have captcha on the start an expo screen...

it seems quite pointless to me tbh...

It doesnt matter how many times its refreshed if you still have to have the human componant to start the damn thing...

quote:
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

05-22-2011 23:49 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Noumenon

Registration Date: 01-11-2010

I'm in agreement with Artoir here, it's fine. I've set it off twice, once while the net was dodgy and once drunk.

And scripts can be written so that when criterion X is fulfilled (ie mob appears) then to execute the command to select the expo and select to start faster than any human. If people could cheat they would.

Bad luck is just bad luck. Replace the mouse

And wash away my innocence and fear
05-23-2011 03:11 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

I used to set the antibot off and it frustrated the heck out of me because I know I wasn't physically hitting my button repeatedly or refreshing like a maniac. It happened on my old laptop which in it's later days must have been ultra sensitive and the only solution that worked for me was to use a plug in mouse. I have not had a problem with it on any other computer/laptop since.

In hindsight I don't think it's the antibot system that needs fixing. The problem lies on the players end. Don't be impatient, adjust your mouse sensitivty, or get a new one.

05-23-2011 03:48 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
Hayz_M
Double Ace

As Iv stated before Raxis , you would agree with someone else as you dont like me.

So stop all this arguing the point I was trying to make is it needs to be made less sensitive , not removed completely.

Theres nothing wrong with the mouse I have the fact that it stuck yesterday was a rare occasion so no Im not going to go buy a new one for the sake of you guys shutting up.

It clicked 10 times over on the message page & I got anti botted... I really fail to see how that warrants a ban tbh

Arty youve not been on here for well over 6 months .. dont come back & start QQing all over the board about this that & the other.. The expo mobs here arent a pain to get unless its sphinx on reset but who cares? Noone cares enough to make a script that does the game for you .. whats the point... And if you are sad enough to do it - Jeez go get a job in computing or some crap like that because if your wasting your time on scripting an online game to cheat at it then your really not worth the air you breath.

Stop your bickering, all of you ... My point was & still is ITS TOO SENSITIVE!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hayz_M: 05-23-2011 06:59.

05-23-2011 06:58 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

the anti-bot is to stop well bots lol

so what if when u get anti-botted u can type in a code like when u top up ur premmy or want to start an expo

to prove that ur human and not a bot/script and the ban will be lifted ?

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
05-23-2011 09:26 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

That, Ba, is a good idea.
But I can aready see people abusing it.
Maybe only usable once every 24 hours?

05-23-2011 10:21 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
warlock619
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-19-2008

Maybe if there are a certain amount of bans in a time period a longer ban that cannot be stopped with a code can be given?

All auctions are 24 hour, no 5 minute rule.

Bring these to the dark side..we have COOKIES

IGN:
UW: Warlock_619 Not a Cultist.
Necro: warlock619
05-23-2011 11:15 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
Artoir.
Avenger

quote:
Originally posted by Hayz_M
It clicked 10 times over on the message page & I got anti botted... I really fail to see how that warrants a ban tbh

And the system needs fixed? Really?

quote:
Originally posted by Hayz_MArty youve not been on here for well over 6 months .. dont come back & start QQing all over the board about this that & the other..

Apologies I must have missed the new board rules since I stepped down as Mod stating those that take a break from the game no longer have any knowledge of how it works...

quote:
Originally posted by Hayz_M Noone cares enough to make a script that does the game for you ..

Really? Did you read any of the thread? Before there was an antibot there were those making scripts. You don't need to be a computer programmer to make one, so your technophobia isn't really a valid argument here.

05-23-2011 13:13 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Hayz_M
Double Ace

10 times... an hour ban is excessive .. if it was 100 times then I could understand it but it wasnt so shh

You stepped down as a mod - so why still act like one? Didnt say you have no knowledge of how it works either I just said you cant come back & moan in different threads when expos & things like that have changed since you "retired"

I fail to see how Im a technophobe .. I just dont see the point in cheating on an online game.. what will it accomplish? not a whole hell of a lot.. "WOOOWWWW IM #1 ON AN ONLINE GAME THAT I CHEATED ON YAAAAY GO ME" ... amazing..

It needs its sensitivity changing .. clicking 10 times over in the same space isnt a bot .. its a mouse getting stuck - not someone trying to script an online game or someone cheating at a REAL TIME BASED game..

¬.¬ Because this game is OBVIOUSLY unhackable like sony.. you could get through with a click D:
05-23-2011 13:24 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

You've failed to grasp anything I've put forward here, so I'm not going to waste any more time Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Artoir.: 05-23-2011 15:21.

05-23-2011 15:21 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Hayz_M
Double Ace

whatever youve ruined the threads point thanks for that

Mod close this please cant be asked with any more circled arguing >.>

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hayz_M: 05-23-2011 18:36.

05-23-2011 15:47 Hayz_M is offline Search for Posts by Hayz_M Add Hayz_M to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Anti bot is too sensitive

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH