Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » Loss of a LS due to pressing back + Refresh » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Loss of a LS due to pressing back + Refresh
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DemonDude
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-208.gif

Registration Date: 06-20-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: TIG

Frown Loss of a LS due to pressing back + Refresh Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Id in game: 9672

Problem description: I upgraded a hunting rifle from +4 to +5 then i put it back into the upgrade thing to see how much i needed to up my stats to use it at good, aonce i saw what i needed, i went to throne hall to see what they currently were!!

Then i wanted to go back to the upgrade screen, so i pressed back and then it said can do it unless i refresh, i did and then it said that my hunting rifle failed to upgrade and i dont have my LifeStone no more!!

But i never tried to upgrade!! This isnt fair!! All i did was press back???

08-03-2008 16:21 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, a window popped up that you can't go back without refreshing the page and sending the request again and you pressed ok. This way you sent a request to upgrade your rifle...

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

08-03-2008 16:40 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
DemonDude
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-208.gif

Registration Date: 06-20-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: TIG

Thread Starter Thread Started by DemonDude
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, i reloaded the page where it said that my rifle had been upgraded, one step ahead of the upgraded, so it should of loaded a screen saying my firle upgraded from +4 to +5.. I never asked to go to good & fail!!! ??

Thats not very fair!!! Should there be some sort of warning??

08-03-2008 16:58 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Well, the thing you see on the screen isn't the thing you've sent to the server. The game was created in the PHP language so that means every action is done on the server and the rest is sent back in the html language. For example you have a PHP command called echo, it's used to show a text on your screen. But of course when you check the page source code it shows you only the thing sent back from the server in the html code.

PHP code:
code:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
<body>
<h1>Exercise 4.1</h1>
<?php
echo 'hello!';
?>
</body>
When you click refresh this command is sent to the server. The server returns you something like that:
code:
1:
2:
3:
4:
<body>
<h1>Exercise 4.1</h1>
hello!
</body>

The thing you see on your screen is only the result of the command, you never know what exactly did you send to the server. For example, that's what scammers are using to get your bank account, by fooling you with what you see on the screen.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

08-03-2008 17:30 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

It's clearly written in the rules that any refreshing should be avoided or else situations like this may happen.

08-04-2008 19:08 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » Loss of a LS due to pressing back + Refresh

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH