Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » Announcements » Act 3 - SitRep, beta server and other nasty things » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page Act 3 - SitRep, beta server and other nasty things 15 Votes - Average Rating: 7.4715 Votes - Average Rating: 7.47
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Act 3 - SitRep, beta server and other nasty things Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dear Players,

we are proud to present a SitRep on Act 3.

These past couple of months we were hard at work so that BW might get changes of epic proportions.

What's already working?

General changes:
there have been some major and minor fixes (also those suggested by players to improve the interface and playability, for example Anti-Bot II should no longer be a problem for 99% of players,
we've added a new, graphic interface to the armoury - you'll be able to see your character. This option will be turned ON by default, but you can turn it OFF anytime you wish in the settings,
we've made some minor and major tweaks to the graphics (images for certain actions, arcana icons),

Changes in the game itself:
Evolutions:
all the evolutions have been designed and implemented. Evolutions will give your characters special powers.

Clan buildings:
all the clan buildings have been designed and implemented: an interface for CBs and their special options (still under tests), construction system, clan tactics, individual tactics for chosen heroes (not fully ready yet), infernal hounds etc. (HGR and the Forge excluded)

Quests/expeditions/attacks:
the rewards for the above have been rebalanced which means more xp, better drops, but also tougher opponents.

Plot:
Act 3 will uncover more of the history of your character and will expand the BW world,

What's coming up in a few weeks?

BW MORIA (UNDERWORLD) BETA SERVER!

We will be opening a beta server on underworld engine. Everyone (who meets our criteria) will be able to enrol for it, BUT the server will be in POLISH.

The criteria:
premium account on Underworld with a character in A2 and minimum 65 lvl,

How are we going to choose the beta testers?

The beta testers will be chosen at random from everyone who signed up for beta tests, additional rules apply:

WARNING! Even if you qualify automatically you still have to SIGN UP!

Leader of Top 1-3 clans: automatic qualification.

Top1 player: automatic
Top2-10 players: one spot
Top11-50 players: two spots
Top51-100 players: two spots

Players lvl 65-75: ten spots
Players lvl 76-85: four spots
Players lvl 86+: two spots

If we draw less than 100 people from all the servers combined we will draw additional people for the remaining spots.

How will the BETA server work?
your characters will be cloned and transfered to empty squares in Z5,
everyone is automatically transfered to A3
you'll be able to log in onto the beta realm from your regular account (you'll have to log onto your account and then from there log in to the beta server),
WARNING! If any of the betatesters will share their account with anyone else during that period they will be banned permanently on both accounts!! Beta server is for testing purposes only, not for spoiling A3 fun for others!,
construction times and resources gains will be accelerated,
EVOLUTIONS will NOT be available!!
The A3 quests will NOT have any text!

REMEMBER! Beta server is for testing and balancing: clan buildings, clan tactics, individual tactics and anything else related to clan buildings.

BETA SERVER BW NECRO/NECRO2:
We are not sure if there will be a need for it, we'll see when we conclude underworld testing!

After the testing is complete, the server will be turned off.

It is possible that before A3 goes live on all realms, we will reopen the beta server to test evolutions and HGR and KotH so we can eliminate all the bugs.

What's still missing from A3:

We hope to include fully working Hall of Greater Runes and King of the Hill.

Clan Buildings:
Better CB interface - the current interface is just the beginning.
Tactics - should be finished shortly.

HGR
HGR and KotH interface,
Coding: text, reports, icons etc for HGR and KotH,
Coding special attacks for KotH monsters,
Coding locations and fight from KotH,
Coding enchantments.

Is there anything else that's going to be added?

Hopefully we will be able to add A3 tasks.

What will NOT be included for now:

The Forge (and also the runes system) will be added later, after basic A3.
Tasks - if we don't manage to tweak them enough.

What's next?

We have some ideas which will surely make the game easier and more pleasant to play, but now we want to concentrate on A3 so the other changes must wait a bit.

06-17-2011 10:56 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: HERP-DERP

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG...YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

WE HAVE NEWS

I think im the only person that does not want to be part of the beta Smile

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Paranoia: 06-17-2011 11:04.

06-17-2011 10:59 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So, where to sign up?

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
06-17-2011 11:42 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Szeszej
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by Szeszej

We'll let you know before the server starts, don't worry Smile

06-17-2011 11:43 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
RinghamEnderol
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-06-2009
Clan: LIG / SOT

when and how can we apply to become a beta realm tester?

EDIT: haha i wrote this before refreshing my page Tongue Sorry

Former Necropolis Character: Enderol (Unfortunately Deleted now) and since Re-incarnated! - Clan leader of Sovereigns of Time

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by RinghamEnderol: 06-17-2011 11:45.

06-17-2011 11:45 RinghamEnderol is offline Search for Posts by RinghamEnderol Add RinghamEnderol to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

There'll be an option in your interface for that.

06-17-2011 11:54 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

And how will the testing proceed? We will just randomly create clans and hope the others will join? Quite not sure how this will work as I guess only Clan Leaders will have access to clan building interface?
Also why empty z5 when we can immediately jump into better zone?

06-17-2011 12:02 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
CESARZ
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1015.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007
Clan: DB

i hope someone will testing collector tattoo

06-17-2011 12:05 CESARZ is offline Search for Posts by CESARZ Add CESARZ to your Buddy List
npc
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-717.jpg

Registration Date: 03-19-2010

BUT the server will be in POLISH.

@Paranoia, me too, I dont want to be beta test.

but I curious on this,

Moria Test -> Necropolis Test -> Start both

or

Moria Test -> Start act3 Moria -> Necropolis Test -> Start act3 Necropolis

Which one your plan Szeszej ?

npc son's name : cpu

06-17-2011 12:06 npc is offline Homepage of npc Search for Posts by npc Add npc to your Buddy List Add npc to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of npc: no-reply@aol.com YIM Account Name of npc: no-reply@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for npc
Mortis
Emperor

I am sure Act3 will start at the same time on all servers. Also any ETA when the testing will begin?

06-17-2011 12:15 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: LGN

yea ok the server will be in polish, im pretty sure google chrome will fix that Smile

obviously im gonna be applying to test this beast, i really cant wait for it to get here, quite alot seems to be done already so i really cant see it being to much longer before the real thing gets here Smile

good work devs, keep it coming Big Grin

IGN: acidic shots
06-17-2011 12:36 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Warlord

images/avatars/avatar-968.jpg

Registration Date: 03-16-2011
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: The Source

I aint gonna try beta, rather wait for the real deal and enjoy it properly

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Norris
Murderous pwnz!

06-17-2011 13:10 Warlord is offline Search for Posts by Warlord Add Warlord to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Warlord
Szeszej
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
I am sure Act3 will start at the same time on all servers. Also any ETA when the testing will begin?

This. And as for the question - as always, when it's ready, hopefully a month or two.

06-17-2011 14:46 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Philly
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-935.gif

Registration Date: 09-08-2008
Clan: BoS

RE: Act 3 - SitRep, beta server and other nasty things Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
After the testing is complete, the server will be turned off.

so does this mean that any effort we put into our clones will be gone? and our clones deleted?

06-17-2011 16:41 Philly is offline Search for Posts by Philly Add Philly to your Buddy List
Born2Kill

Registration Date: 04-29-2009
Clan: S_D

I will apply for testing betaWink
But not on underworld as i dont have any chars on uw ;D

Necro FTW!

Junk
06-17-2011 16:44 Born2Kill is offline Search for Posts by Born2Kill Add Born2Kill to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008

i knew it wold be near september b4 it came out

ooh beta testing ..should be fun..lets hope i get picked now hehe

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
06-17-2011 17:28 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

RE: Act 3 - SitRep, beta server and other nasty things Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Philly
so does this mean that any effort we put into our clones will be gone? and our clones deleted?

Of course yes. It's beta server only to test Act 3 before full deployment.

06-17-2011 17:40 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Ghaldria
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2009
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: QTD

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis

This. And as for the question - as always, when it's ready, hopefully a month or two.

so tests starts on july/august..... and a3 will come on january ? Smile

Necro: Ghaldria
ID: 2621

06-17-2011 17:40 Ghaldria is offline Search for Posts by Ghaldria Add Ghaldria to your Buddy List
Bat
Double Ace

Registration Date: 07-23-2008

Oh well polish people have advantage and google chrome translate is a bit incorrect ,just like me. Prolly I wouldn't be good beta tester ;D

Tho never the less I really wait for ACT III!

06-17-2011 18:22 Bat is offline Search for Posts by Bat Add Bat to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

yea chromes a bit off, but it makes most things understandable coupled with a bit of common sense

either way, ill deffinatley be applying for beta testing

06-17-2011 20:16 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

I would be happy to help with some beta testing; my polish is not good, but I have played on several of the polish servers, so I don't have any problems understanding what is what. Wink

Szej, am a bit unsure how this planned. Players will be cloned and dropped into seperate server; if that is so, and we are meant to be testing act 3, why are the beta-clones being dropped into (un-built?) Z5 squares.... act 3 is designed for players over level 65; by that time a player would not be in Z5.

Why not pre-build some random Z4 & Z3 squares and drop us into them?

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
06-18-2011 09:15 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu
I would be happy to help with some beta testing; my polish is not good, but I have played on several of the polish servers, so I don't have any problems understanding what is what. Wink

Szej, am a bit unsure how this planned. Players will be cloned and dropped into seperate server; if that is so, and we are meant to be testing act 3, why are the beta-clones being dropped into (un-built?) Z5 squares.... act 3 is designed for players over level 65; by that time a player would not be in Z5.

Why not pre-build some random Z4 & Z3 squares and drop us into them?

actually a VERY good idea, although im sure this will add length to the timescale thats already got players screaming at there screens lol Frown

06-18-2011 11:21 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

True; but surely the Dev's taking 1 day to pre-build some squares is better than the beta-test players spending a week (or more) to build them, so that we can actually do some attacks that will test the system at the level it is supposed to be tested?

edit: and of course it's a good idea - I have been known to have them from time to time. Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 06-18-2011 12:00.

06-18-2011 11:59 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

I think you'll be able to communicate with other players in english, french players will have serious problems with that, since almost no polish players speak french, and will have to rely on translators.

quote:
IGN: Atomos

06-18-2011 14:11 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

All I could say can be condensed in to the following:

Thank you devs. Thank you so, so much.

06-18-2011 16:41 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

well maybe there is only a z5 in beta and the buildings time are being fast forwarded

i'll go for it.
06-18-2011 18:03 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Mr Snowman

Registration Date: 03-25-2010

XD id Doo The Betaa XD Also ACT III Hurry Lol

06-19-2011 02:56 Mr Snowman is offline Search for Posts by Mr Snowman Add Mr Snowman to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

Im no where near act III but im suprised some of you bigger players havent spoken with each other about creating an English Beta clan where all English players will go and that way you wont have to worry about translating your messages or whatever and easier to plan an expo when in a clan that speaks your language Wink

06-19-2011 13:01 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

quote:
Originally posted by Firetrap
Im no where near act III but im suprised some of you bigger players havent spoken with each other about creating an English Beta clan where all English players will go and that way you wont have to worry about translating your messages or whatever and easier to plan an expo when in a clan that speaks your language Wink

well the top 3 clan leaders are

BoS - Mortis - slovakian
HLL - oesbius - french
DB - CESARZ - Polish

#1 player

Blodsugare - Polish

2-10

out of the top 10 only 6 are not clan leaders or blod

out of those 6, 3 are polish, 1 is spanish, 1 i assume is french and the others i have no idea about....

There is no point making an "english clan" if english people are the 5th percentile

quote:
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

06-19-2011 13:41 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

Fair point Tongue Just an idea

06-19-2011 14:28 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

Ima apply for the testing but I do get some daunting feelings

Just reached level 86 and rank 50 so I get shoved up into the higher better people catogories with more polish people who will be better due to language, *sigh* what good timing I have

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
06-19-2011 20:37 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008

quote:
Originally posted by Foxy

Just reached level 86 and rank 50 so I get shoved up into the higher better people catogories with more polish people who will be better due to language, *sigh* what good timing I have

danting feelings why???

every one will be in same server??

so even blod/mortis and them will have hard time as nmber 1 on polish servers are alot higher :x

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
06-19-2011 20:50 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

quote:

Why apply if your going to complain about the language already..

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Snowman

If you can't spell ''Beta'' or ''Do'' you shouldn't be allowed in. Period.

quote:
Originally posted by CESARZ

Why don't you do it? why let somebody else have all the fun.. you go and test if being a collector Wink

Saves 3 different posts as iv just had a quick read through here, i think beta testing is always a good idea and who better than the people who play day in and day out instead of just releasing it to random people and told to test a game Tongue

This reply might seem quite harsh but i don't mean to try and put everybody down Tongue just some general observations here.
06-19-2011 21:18 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Clan: CUBS

quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:

Why don't you do it? why let somebody else have all the fun.. you go and test if being a collector Wink

Saves 3 different posts as iv just had a quick read through here, i think beta testing is always a good idea and who better than the people who play day in and day out instead of just releasing it to random people and told to test a game Tongue

This reply might seem quite harsh but i don't mean to try and put everybody down Tongue just some general observations here.

I'm with you Flash. Some people can never be pleased. Yes, the beta is yet another 'benchmark' towards Act III, but this means that we're one step closer to actually getting the patch. Have patience, test the beta, report defaults/unbalancements and then sit tight for the release. What else can you do?

06-19-2011 21:24 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

quote:
quote:

quote:

quote:

Never complained, I joked about my bad timing and said that polish speakers would be better suited and also out of me and someone inbetween 11-20 they will probs be better

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
06-19-2011 22:39 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

if they didnt offer us a chance to try beta then you would all complain.

you dont want to try simple dont apply we really dont need to know you arnt going to.

oh and save poh since we wont have buildings making it for us.

in fact why do I need to know polish theres no quest text to read and I know where all the buttons are.

I know that we have to do all the quests in order or the buildings dont even work so its no big deal about buildings

so all your reasons so far are not even vaild

thank you for listening

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by darc: 06-20-2011 09:47.

06-20-2011 00:19 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

Either I'm blind, or the Devs have completely scrapped this idea.
I didn't see anything about changing clan leaders for premium. Was this idea scrapped? Or has it just been forgot about?

06-20-2011 20:37 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Mikel
godMODe !

images/avatars/avatar-1061.gif

Registration Date: 05-18-2009
Clan: D.B.

franz, i think that changing clan leader for premium might be +hidden+ in that sentence:

quote:

What's already working?

General changes:
there have been some major and minor fixes (also those suggested by players to improve the interface and playability...)

as changing clan leader was a players suggestion Wink

06-20-2011 21:42 Mikel is offline Search for Posts by Mikel Add Mikel to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mikel
franz, i think that changing clan leader for premium might be +hidden+ in that sentence:

quote:

What's already working?

General changes:
there have been some major and minor fixes (also those suggested by players to improve the interface and playability...)

as changing clan leader was a players suggestion Wink

Hm, the Devs are getting sneaky. xD
Thanks Mikel. Big Grin

So I suppose we can expect this to be added with the patch? - silent cheer -

06-20-2011 22:09 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Clan: BoS

quote:
quote:

IF he got into the Beta, I'd hazard a guess at him trying to swap accounts with someone! xD

----------------

Ontopic: I'd like to try the Beta, but (no offense to the Polish) the language confuses me and gives me a headache :/

I'd try Google Chrome buts its buggy and doesnt always makes sense

06-22-2011 02:53 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » News and announcements » Announcements » Act 3 - SitRep, beta server and other nasty things

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH