Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » yet another anti bot thread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page yet another anti bot thread
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kendal

Registration Date: 05-07-2011
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: Source

yet another anti bot thread Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Id in game: Kendal

Problem description: I got auto-banned for 1 hour for clicking the 'login' button about ten times because my internet/ bloodwars was going inexplicably slow, now i can't bid on an item that i've wanted for a few weeks now, thanks a lot auto bot!

and another thing, which bot could possibly be a risk to the game system by clicking the 'login' button several times???? are bots even supposed to click things several times in quick succession? I understand the pages opening really fast and logging you out because a bot would do that, but why would they constantly click 'login'? surely if you're dumb enough to make a bot do that then you don't have the intellectual capacity to actually create a bot O.o
06-19-2011 03:15 Kendal is offline Search for Posts by Kendal Add Kendal to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Kendal
Unholy Emperor
I AM............dead.

images/avatars/avatar-569.gif

Registration Date: 05-12-2009
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Over-clicking on ANY link on BW will get you the 1 hour ban. Everyone knows this and it isnt a 'bug' or 'problem' with the game.

This is just a rant that should be in the screaming room.

06-19-2011 03:51 Unholy Emperor is offline Search for Posts by Unholy Emperor Add Unholy Emperor to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Unholy Emperor
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Clan: CUBS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Act III patch coming soon will see a change to the autobot system. Apparently, it won't affect 99% of players. We'll just have to wait and see what tweaks they have made when the patch is released.

06-19-2011 08:11 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Kendal

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kendal

it is a problem if about 50% of players are complaining about being banned, missing out on auctions and expeditions just because they clicked a link a few times by accident, and you didn't answer my question about why a bot would even do that.

and I hope so, hopefully i won't be in the 1% Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kendal: 06-19-2011 13:39.

06-19-2011 13:38 Kendal is offline Search for Posts by Kendal Add Kendal to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Kendal
franz
Trade Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Unholy Emperor
Over-clicking on ANY link on BW will get you the 1 hour ban.

It's not a question of why, it's a question of what. The quicker you catch the problem, the less trouble it can cause in future.

06-19-2011 13:53 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Kendal
it is a problem if about 50% of players are complaining about being banned, missing out on auctions and expeditions just because they clicked a link a few times by accident, and you didn't answer my question about why a bot would even do that.

and I hope so, hopefully i won't be in the 1% Tongue

I think 50% of the players is a huge exaggeration. There is a fair few il give you that but 50% is a tad extreme.
06-19-2011 13:55 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Kendal

yea my bad, but i daresay it causes more blunders and rage than any other problem at the moment, even those genetically enhanced red's that everyone's complaining about, you can't just let people miss out on auctions and expeditions just because their internet's going so slow or they have a faulty mouse, i mean how are they supposed to know that the mouse is gona get stuck etc. until it happens?
06-19-2011 13:57 Kendal is offline Search for Posts by Kendal Add Kendal to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Kendal
franz
Trade Moderator

How does the anitbot distinguish between a faulty mouse and a real bot? It's there to prevent any mishaps in the game. Yes, you can't predict a sudden jam of your mouse, but these things happen.

06-19-2011 14:03 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Kendal

however as i said before, are there any bots even programed to constantly click on the same link over and over again? and if so why would they be programmed to do that?

Edit: Either everyone's fallen asleep or nobody actually knows why anyone would be stupid enough to make a bot do this xD

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kendal: 06-19-2011 14:26.

06-19-2011 14:09 Kendal is offline Search for Posts by Kendal Add Kendal to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Kendal
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS exLead

RE: yet another anti bot thread Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kendal
I got auto-banned for 1 hour for clicking the 'login' button about ten times

Then don't be surprised about being banned. Next time wait or restart browser. Oh and this was already posted countless times. Thread closed.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
06-19-2011 21:46 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Bugs and problems » yet another anti bot thread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH