Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld 1-H gunner » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 1-H gunner
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Liryne Bloodhound

Registration Date: 11-12-2010
Race in game: Absorber

1-H gunner Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I now have a level 27 absorber. I want to use 1 handed guns. I haven't chosen a tattoo path yet. what should I do.

My stats are:

STRENGTH 20
AGILITY 22
TOUGHNESS 19
APPEARANCE 16
CHARISMA 16
REPUTATION 20
PERCEPTION 23
INTELLIGENCE 24
KNOWLEDGE 20

And this is my equipment:

Hard hat of the Sun (+5)
Hunter`s Shirt (+4)
Necklace of Youth (+3)
Bracelet of Strength (+4)
Ring of Wisdom (+1)
Shorts of Secrecy (+4)
Beretta (+5)
Beretta (+5)

06-22-2011 13:46 Liryne Bloodhound is offline Search for Posts by Liryne Bloodhound Add Liryne Bloodhound to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

2 choices really. I don't remember who said it, but it was roughly the following:

Gunman - Glass cannon (e.g. Huge damage, little defence)
Gangster - Moving wall (e.g. Huge defence and dogde possibilities with less damage)

Or you could do Collector which gives the opportunity to also use ranged weapons, but this is a very difficult tat to do well from a new player's point of view.

I was gangster, now a gunman because I wasn't using the defence bonus effectively.

EDIT: Current advice - Change your Shorts of Secrecy to Shorts of Shepherd asap and your helmet to one of precognition as soon as you can. Stick with the hunter's shirt until you can get your perception higher as in lower levels being able to hit is more important than crits. Work on higher damage once you can hit better.

EDIT 2: Report from a VERY long time ago. Anyone who fought him knows he had a HUGE deadly set and could punch massive holes in things. This shows the benefit of being able to hit over having massive damage and hoping to hit lucky:
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=614c0ec069

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by LucifersAngel: 06-22-2011 14:12.

06-22-2011 14:04 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Liryne Bloodhound

Registration Date: 11-12-2010

Thread Starter Thread Started by Liryne Bloodhound
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have a shorts of the sun, but I don't wear them because of the high strenght requirements. Would they work too?

And at which level should I start getting tattoo's.

06-22-2011 14:15 Liryne Bloodhound is offline Search for Posts by Liryne Bloodhound Add Liryne Bloodhound to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009

They would work. As you said, they have a high strength requirement, whereas the shorts of shepherd have a considerably lower strength requirement and better perception. Tattoos can be started at any time, but remember than you can only pick one. To change it costs premium so choose wisely.

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

06-22-2011 14:20 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

quote:
Originally posted by LucifersAngel
Gunman - Glass cannon (e.g. Huge damage, little defence)
Gangster - Moving wall (e.g. Huge defence and dogde possibilities with less damage)
I think Gunman wuold be a better choice for absorber. Gangster won't be able to use absorber arcana effectively with hunters armor/armor of speed, and that's a major flaw.

quote:
IGN: Atomos

06-22-2011 16:23 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

quote:
hunters armor/armor of speed

What? Which 1h gun user is using that?

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
06-22-2011 16:46 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Noumenon

Registration Date: 01-11-2010

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
quote:

It's a good one for a gangster to use eventually, though I'd rather use something else of speed to be fair... maybe field cape of speed as a gangster.

@ Threadstarter. Gangster equipment tends to have higher requirements, which is why absorbers do work as gangsters. However, it comes down to punching through your opponent, or surviving. Gunmen saw their opponents in half, and hope to god not to get crit, gangsters tend to take longer to kill an opponent, but can normally tank a crit with higher defence gear... if you've an anti melee set up.

Regardless, what do you prefer? Damage or defence?

And wash away my innocence and fear

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Noumenon: 06-22-2011 17:00.

06-22-2011 17:00 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
quote:

This dude from R2PL for example: http://forum.bloodwars.interia.pl/thread...hreadid=1023081

that's his gear:
Perfect deadly bandana of caution (+1)
Perfect cape of speed (+1)
Good hawks amulet of strength (+5)
Good hawks bracelet (+5)
Good hawks signet (+5)
Perfect kilt of the sun (+1)
2x Legendary perfect scorpio

I also have a level 68 thoughtcatcher with gangster tat, and with hunters armor I can have 115 perception in throne hall.

My gear is:
deadly bandana of shepherd (+5)
hunters suit of the guardsman (+4)
hawks tie (+5)
2x good ring of the bat (+1)
good shorts of the shepherd (+3)
legendary good scorpio (+2)
legendary good scorpio

at level 69 I'll have 118 with upgraded shorts. Pretty soon I'll be able to reach the biggest medusa Smile .

quote:
IGN: Atomos

06-22-2011 17:45 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
kralen
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 10-09-2007
Clan: Medea/DB

RE: 1-H gunner Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

for gear at your level is very important because the guns do very little damage really

dont worry about hunter shirt its a complete waste if your fighting melee players anyway

go for armor which increases damage such as cobra or assassin

if you can afford then go for orchid (yes it lowers perc a little but who cares if your facing melee in any case)

for now swap your shorts for sun/shephard even if the shorts of sun are not upgraded.

BTW why post equipment with hawks and leg guns and perfect +1 items what use is that to a new player? lol hes lvl 27

my set up was

cap of precognition
suit of orchid
amulet of pilgrim
ring of genius
bracelet of wisdom
shorts of shephard/sun
good berettas x2

so you are not far off with what you have right now. For stats increase strength and perc so you can equip those shorts of sun ;D

Necro knows me as Gjallar
06-22-2011 18:49 kralen is offline Search for Posts by kralen Add kralen to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld 1-H gunner

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH