Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Narrations/Descriptions » New 'the's that dont make sense » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New 'the's that dont make sense 3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.003 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DemonDude
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-208.gif

Registration Date: 06-20-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: TIG

New 'the's that dont make sense Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

And any other new changes that arnt proper!!!

Well i dont think these work

of the Guile
of the Suicide
of the horseshoe
of the betrayal
of the Fire Rate
of the Long Range

And i think these work with 'the', but sound better without it!!

of Night
of Shadow Hunter
of Ruse

And Smuggeler kind of works better without it too!!!

Anyone agree or dissagree?? Anything to add??

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude: 08-10-2008 00:08.

08-09-2008 23:33 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
PureDoom01
Lord

Registration Date: 04-02-2008
Clan: The Source

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

you fogot of the long range it sounds awful and doesn't workTongue

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net
08-10-2008 00:06 PureDoom01 is offline Search for Posts by PureDoom01 Add PureDoom01 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PureDoom01
DemonDude
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by DemonDude
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Edit it now =D

08-10-2008 00:08 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: boot camp

i think all of them realy don't work
08-10-2008 19:41 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Hespera
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-328.jpg

Registration Date: 05-06-2007
Clan: The Coven

I don't like any of the newly added "the" to items.

08-10-2008 19:47 Hespera is offline Search for Posts by Hespera Add Hespera to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

well tbh im used to them being without the 'thes' and that is the way i had become to no them as, but i think after a while we will get used to the changes, but i agree to the changes of the ones that shoudnt have them, as that is what i started my other thread with
08-10-2008 19:48 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
DemonDude
Lord

Yea, but do sound really kewl!!!
I mean

Bloody Helmet of the Centurion

Sounds pretty Kewl!!!

Well, i guess all the better names will sound kewler and the not so kewl ones like addict and shiz will sound crap!!!

they didnt sound very awasome before either!!

Im happy with the the!! Im used to it now, and i only like a few of the the's, but il adjust!!!

Just want this list fixed as they dont add up!!!

Make it happen Mr. Sjezej

08-10-2008 22:33 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

the leader
the speed
the fox
the youth
etc it doesn't make sence for all
08-10-2008 22:57 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
DemonDude
Lord

Well gramatically, 'of leader' dosnt work either, and of the leader works better than it!!
Same with fox!!

There is no

the youth
the speed

there still normal =D

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude: 08-10-2008 23:03.

08-10-2008 23:02 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

the leader
the speed
the fox
the youth

The Leader is grammatically correct unless you are deeminng Leader to be adresssing someone. Fox also works.

The Youth would sound like the song I am currently using as my tag, Youth Gone Wild by Hammerfall (Skid Row cover)

The youth would be adressing something

Your imperfection.
08-11-2008 00:12 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
DemonDude
Lord

There is no the youth or the speed!!!

Check the auction drop down boxes for the full lists!!!

Not EVERY item has been changed, only the ones that at first glance to the team worked with it!!

This list is pointing out the ones that dont work and need to be changed back

Smile

08-11-2008 00:16 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Raxis
Set Abominae

Demondude read carefully

quote:
The Youth would sound like the song I am currently using as my tag, Youth Gone Wild by Hammerfall (Skid Row cover)

I never said there was. My comment was purely speculative

Your imperfection.
08-11-2008 00:31 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
necrol
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 06-16-2008

suggestion: of the leader should become of leadership makes much more sense

Level: 67
Clan: Bibo (FTW!)

Mods please close this thread it contains something interesting

08-11-2008 00:47 necrol is offline Search for Posts by necrol Add necrol to your Buddy List
DemonDude
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
Demondude read carefully

quote:

I never said there was. My comment was purely speculative

Yes but u also mentioned speed which u never commented on!!! So i came to the conclusion that you were complaining about it, not speculating!!!

And i was only saying that they dont exist, not shouting!!! But i can look at it as a speculation so its ok!!!

Sori!!!

=D

08-11-2008 01:02 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Raxis
Set Abominae

the word "Would" suggests speculation.

vest of the speed could work, if it was an 18+ game lol

Your imperfection.
08-11-2008 01:04 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Vercingetorix

images/avatars/avatar-513.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2009

Horseshoe, Long Range, Shadow Hunter and Smuggler all definitely make more sense with the article.

06-03-2009 08:01 Vercingetorix is offline Search for Posts by Vercingetorix Add Vercingetorix to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

quote:
Originally posted by Vercingetorix
Horseshoe, Long Range, Shadow Hunter and Smuggler all definitely make more sense with the article.

Last post 08-11-2008 01:04... Roll Eyes

06-03-2009 12:12 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

Vercingetorix that's your second Necropost, warning for you I'm afraid.

06-03-2009 14:18 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008

Now these "the" have been added to item names in Necropolis, I thought they were removed because none of them made sense..?

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
09-01-2009 08:13 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

Why have you brung the 'The' back again? It looks flaming stupid and makes no sense. Could you like... put it back, and AT LEAST NOTIFY US if your gonna change it, so we can argue and start being you with a salami?

Seriously, it looks really stupid with all the 'the's in almost every word

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black
09-01-2009 13:46 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

i thought they were back.... *sigh*

just leave them out ffs they fail

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

09-01-2009 13:49 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Vanargand
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-464.gif

Registration Date: 04-10-2009
Clan: Endbriners

lol here we go again
09-01-2009 13:53 Vanargand is offline Search for Posts by Vanargand Add Vanargand to your Buddy List
KratosGod_Of_War

images/avatars/avatar-573.jpg

Registration Date: 08-15-2009
Clan: [BoS][V13]

name Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah I just noticed that
Good Cape of the Death Sower (+2)
--------

Sounds strange

Ingame name= Demandred
BOS & V13 Are the Best Wink
09-01-2009 13:53 KratosGod_Of_War is offline Search for Posts by KratosGod_Of_War Add KratosGod_Of_War to your Buddy List
Lysandra
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-344.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2008

Some of them make sense though. 'the scout' or 'the death sower' make more sense to me then 'of scout' or 'of death sower' then again, those two suffixes could work either way depending on what your implying with the name.

Some are stupid I have to agree...and if we didn't like them so much (the 'the's), why were they brought back? :S

quote:
Originally posted by *GayTiger*
lys... that was amazing, it's pure orgasm on a page!

09-01-2009 19:20 Lysandra is offline Homepage of Lysandra Search for Posts by Lysandra Add Lysandra to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Lysandra
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

i dont have a clue but they were alot better gone in my opinion.....

why bring them all back secretly.... we as players actually do notive things like this you know dev's......

quote:

Smile

09-01-2009 19:35 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Better get used to them because they are here to stay and feel free to any non-sense ones so I can deal with it

09-03-2009 00:19 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

Oh ok so just thrust something upon up after we all complained and got them removed . . .
at least next time let up know when your gonna change something so we can bitch before hand . . . .

quote:

Smile

09-03-2009 00:59 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

Bitching? Not on this forum!

Anyways it's a change that just had to be done similar to suit/tuxedo

09-03-2009 01:02 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
Vanargand
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-464.gif

Registration Date: 04-10-2009
Clan: Endbriners

quote:
Anyways it's a change that just had to be done

i dont get why it had to be done its quite clear most people dislike the change
09-03-2009 01:11 Vanargand is offline Search for Posts by Vanargand Add Vanargand to your Buddy List
AngryTiger

images/avatars/avatar-567.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2009
Clan: OMFG

quote:
Bitching? Not on this forum!

Anyways it's a change that just had to be done similar to suit/tuxedo

what being changed backwards and forwards without pre-warning?
yeah... smoothe manouvre...

09-03-2009 01:12 AngryTiger is offline Search for Posts by AngryTiger Add AngryTiger to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

I didn't like them last time they were added, I was pleased when they were removed, and I like it even less now they are back without warning or chance for appeal.

They add unnecessary text and make the game less intuitively comprehensible. It's like adding "a shiny new" in front of every item, or "my good vampire, aren't you lucky?" at the end - unnecessary! Out with The Thes!

EDIT - sorry, this is Kalessin, C's signed in on my computer Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 09-03-2009 08:52.

09-03-2009 08:50 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

Well that sucks monkey bawlz then, first you implement it, we bitch about it because it sucks, then you take it away.

Now you RE-IMPLEMENT it under our noses, and as soon as we mention it, you basically say "STFU N00B" and give us the finger?

You sir, can feel the wrath of my spartan scream!

SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

EDIT: Just for the sake of having a joke.

quote:
Bitching? On MY forum?

It's more likely than you think!
Free forum check!

I'm backety back back

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Nemazis: 09-10-2009 21:17.

09-10-2009 18:44 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

I'd be certainly more helpful if you pointed out any of the combinations that don't make sense until then I assume they are all sensible

09-11-2009 00:55 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

One thing that doesnt make sense [really], is why XXX of XXX is seperated by trade from XXX of the XXX

e.g., it would be much easier if it was laid out:
[shirt or XXX]
Shirt of the Cobra
Shirt of Dodges

Instead of:

Shirt of XXX
[a-z]
Shirt of the XXX
[a-z]

09-11-2009 01:28 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008

Ones I don't think make sense:

of the Addict
of the Gladiator
of the Wanderer
of the Genius
of the Pilgrim
of the Apprentice
of the Fencer
of the Guard
of the Guardsman
of the Looter
of the Orchid
of the Smuggler
of the Shepherd
of the Strongman
of the Arms Dealer
of the Ancestors
of the Plague
of the Dryad

I think if you want to keep these "the" in the name then you should have of the Addicts or of the Strongmen etc. and that doesn't sound too good for all of them either.

quote:
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by God_Like_Friend: 09-11-2009 15:51.

09-11-2009 15:51 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

in my opinion on this topic the dev's have adopted an "if it aint broke fix it till it is" attitude......

i wantthem all gone and i know alot of other people do too.....

so why not for once just give us what we want

quote:

Smile

09-11-2009 17:19 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

Let's see... i think ALL OF THEM sounds stupid and crappy. Last time we though about all but two we're dumb. I don't know why you re-implemented it, and expect us to re-list the dumb ones when we already told you before.

I'm backety back back
09-11-2009 18:54 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

quote:
Originally posted by Paranoia
in my opinion on this topic the dev's have adopted an "if it aint broke fix it till it is" attitude......

i wantthem all gone and i know alot of other people do too.....

so why not for once just give us what we want

lets have them all gone.

shorts of strongman makes sense and sounds right.

shorts of the strongman sounds too long winded, and has lost its 'oomph'

and the same for all 'of the's actually.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by OTNC: 09-11-2009 19:54.

09-11-2009 19:54 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Yep, remove them all. It was good before. No need to enforce grammar everywhere moreover where it's not needed.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
09-11-2009 20:36 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Narrations/Descriptions » New 'the's that dont make sense

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH