Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » earth expansion » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page earth expansion 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: LGN

earth expansion Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

if watched with an open mind this actually makes a lot of sense
i wholeheartedly believe this theory, feel free to pass comment after watching the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJfBSc6e7...c&feature=inbox

IGN: acidic shots
07-18-2011 10:18 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Clan: CUBS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah. I've always wondered why Ireland looked like it's most northern point could fit into Scotland and England. I believe that the Earth is growing just by watching this video now. Big Grin
The entire northern plates can fit together? That seem to be too much of a big deal to dismiss as false acquisitions. Wink

07-18-2011 10:35 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Malle8398
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-927.jpg

Registration Date: 03-10-2010
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: KhOrNe/BC

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yeah i belive its growing to.. but i have belived this for a long time, ever sins i heard that mountains grows bigger...
So thx, as this vid confirms what i have belived.. Wink

Underworld: Gravedigga

***Hunter S. Thompson 1937-2005***

May your soul rest in peace
07-18-2011 10:45 Malle8398 is offline Search for Posts by Malle8398 Add Malle8398 to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

As a physicist, I can't see how this is true.

I would like to leave it at that, but I could give reasons.

Main points -

1. What could cause this? Nothing could viably, and this would cause lots of problems with the earth.

2. With the tectonic plates moving, it gives a reason for why there are very few craters on the earth, which cannot be explained by this theory. 80% of the craters on Earth if not more will have been swallowed by lava as the plates travelled through their conveyor-belt system. EVERY other body in the solar system exhibits this amount of craters, such as the moon, mars, venus, mercury etc etc.

Its an interesting thought definitely, just not a correct one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expanding_Earth

07-18-2011 13:10 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by demonfury v2

looking at that video mate, you can see how all the and mass actually fits together, you need to think, theres a LOT of matter in space, and were constantly being bombarded with it, as this matter hits earth, some of it sticks, as more sticks, the overall surface area grows and therefore MORE matter is able to stick to the planet resulting in faster growth of the body

this matter could be less dense or viscus than the crust of the earth and therefore sinks under the crust, compressing in lower layers and causing the plates to split and move.

thats the best way i can think of explaining it, if anyone else can explain it better, please help me out lol

07-18-2011 16:40 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Its not growing, just moving on surface. That's why the continents fits together.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
07-18-2011 18:17 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
franz
Trade Moderator

Wait, thanks OTNC, you've put up a good argument. I just thought of this right now; how big would the Earth grow to, if it is indeed growing? Would there be an end?

07-18-2011 22:20 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

i guess the end of the growth would come when either our gravity or our core couldnt cope with the weight produced by the eventual size of the planet, resulting in the earth imploding on itself

07-18-2011 22:25 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

quote:
Originally posted by Mortis
Its not growing, just moving on surface. That's why the continents fits together.

i agree with mortis

the erath isnt getting bigger ..the continental plates are moving on the surface. as teh earths core isnt solid..there moving very slowly ofc..but its not due to the earth gaining mass

@malle8398 :the mountains get bigger due to 2 plates hitting of each other and forcing the earth upwards...so it seems like the mountains are growing

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
07-18-2011 22:30 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

*coughtwentytwelvecough*
So the planet consumes more matter, and gets bigger and bigger, until; boom! We implode? Sounds like a rather abrupt way to end a planet's life. Would all planets be like this?

07-18-2011 22:30 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by franz
*coughtwentytwelvecough*
So the planet consumes more matter, and gets bigger and bigger, until; boom! We implode? Sounds like a rather abrupt way to end a planet's life. Would all planets be like this?

its VERY similar to what happens to a star when it goes supernova mate, the concept is almost spot on the same, just a different scenario

07-18-2011 22:32 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

Doesn't Mars signify a "dead" planet?

07-18-2011 22:47 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

quote:
*coughtwentytwelvecough*

Sun will eat us first most likely if this is true. Im not sure about it being real tbh but lava is making new formations and islands al the time including underwater so less water could be possible

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
07-18-2011 23:02 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

quote:
Doesn't Mars signify a "dead" planet?

nah it dont mate, if you do a bit of research on recent nasa documents, they've found water on the planets surface (not much...and its ice, but its there) they've also had strong readings to indicate liquid water not to far under the crust, sadly they cant prove this yet as the funding for a mining mission just isnt there right now

07-18-2011 23:06 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

quote:
Originally posted by demonfury v2
quote:
*coughtwentytwelvecough*

its VERY similar to what happens to a star when it goes supernova mate, the concept is almost spot on the same, just a different scenario

This is not true. It did not happen to the Earth.

I could spend time explaining it, but I'm not wasting my time. It does happen to stars occasionally like you have said, but the Earth did NOT double in size. Some proof is on the wikipedia page. Surface Gravity & the Radius of the earth has not changed for longer periods of time than this theory is relevant for, and has been PROVEN within very small errors. One source says that a very long time ago, R[Earth] was at 102% +- about 3 percent of the current radius, within error.

Its an interesting theory, but it IS wrong. Scientists don't believe in it currently for a reason. But yes, the video is persuasive. However, if you can maintain impartiality and draw conclusions from the evidence, you arrive at a good answer. Which is what physics is about.

Feel free to personally fire any and all arguments for this theory at me and I can dissect most of them or provide a more accurate model which fits much more snugly.

07-18-2011 23:55 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

Also, if planets did this, Jupiter would be a star.

[An ignited one i mean.]

Due to the fact that Jupiter can be viewed as a Brown Dwarf Star. It is just slightly under the critical mass that will ignite fusion in the centre. A nuke in the centre of Jupiter would probably be enough to ignite it.

07-18-2011 23:58 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC
quote:
Originally posted by demonfury v2
quote:
*coughtwentytwelvecough*

This is not true. It did not happen to the Earth.

I could spend time explaining it, but I'm not wasting my time. It does happen to stars occasionally like you have said, but the Earth did NOT double in size. Some proof is on the wikipedia page. Surface Gravity & the Radius of the earth has not changed for longer periods of time than this theory is relevant for, and has been PROVEN within very small errors. One source says that a very long time ago, R[Earth] was at 102% +- about 3 percent of the current radius, within error.

Its an interesting theory, but it IS wrong. Scientists don't believe in it currently for a reason. But yes, the video is persuasive. However, if you can maintain impartiality and draw conclusions from the evidence, you arrive at a good answer. Which is what physics is about.

Feel free to personally fire any and all arguments for this theory at me and I can dissect most of them or provide a more accurate model which fits much more snugly.

im not saying the earths doubled in size mate so i apologize if thats how it appeared

im not saying that everything in this video is EXACTLY how its happened, im just saying the theory is there, its a strong theory and personally, i believe that the theory is true, not that the video is the perfect replication of true events, only that the theory packs a bit of weight behind it

hopefull y this clears up my part of the discussion slightly

07-18-2011 23:59 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Noumenon

Registration Date: 01-11-2010

... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm not buying it. I don't see, even through the persuasive style, how it works. Too many assumptions... and whoever is doing it basically attacks anyone who disagrees with the theory.

We'll see... but i'm still not in favour, 1&1 aren't giving 2 here

And wash away my innocence and fear
07-19-2011 02:28 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC
Also, if planets did this, Jupiter would be a star.

[An ignited one i mean.]

Due to the fact that Jupiter can be viewed as a Brown Dwarf Star. It is just slightly under the critical mass that will ignite fusion in the centre. A nuke in the centre of Jupiter would probably be enough to ignite it.

What would be the point on making another star? Wouldn't Earth be too close to Jupiter to make use of the "Goldilocks Effect"?

07-19-2011 08:53 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009

That is the most ridiculous proposition I have ever heard and genuinely laughed through most of that. As Raxis said, too many assumptions.

My favourite part began at 6:03. This quote is unbelievable: "... but the undersea had to spread in a logical, reasonable looking pattern we could see as rational humans. Do you see these lines in the undersea which, beyond information, show direction?"

Firstly, the clause "reasonable looking pattern we could see as rational humans", suggests that anyone who does not prescribe to this theory is irrational. Not only is that ad hominem, but it is a straw man too. Besides the scientific problems, this is so full of argumental fallacy it ruins his proposition.

However, despite the stupid ad hominem attack on alternative theorists' mental states, lets look at that last bit again. "...lines in the undersea which, beyond information, show direction?"

Let me translate for you. "...lines in the undersea which, if you ignore all scientific knowledge of the reason for their existance, can be used to vaguely suggest there is some evidence to my theory, without actually providing evidence beyond anecdotal."

In short my response is; no.

My long response would be; HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH*wipes away tear*ICAN'TBREATHEOHMYGODAREYOUEVENSERIOUS?WHAT?YOUARE?LETMELAUGHEVENHARDER
!HAHAHAHAHAHAH...etc

EDIT: I almost forgot! The end made me laugh the hardest. Basically suggests that if you don't believe in this theory, you believe the universe orbits arounfd the earth and blah blah blah. No. Just no. Don't even try that because you know it's BS Tongue

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by LucifersAngel: 07-19-2011 11:06.

07-19-2011 11:03 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

a simple no i dont buy it would have been sufficient

all im saying is ive watched it, i read a few papers related to the theory, and its plausible, surely if you disagree then you point can be made rationally and without immense cocky (insert swear word of your liking) childishness?

07-19-2011 11:12 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

Which papers have you read? I'd like to read them too as if there is evidence to support this theory I'd love to read it. I have a very open mind to science and logical, reasoned arguments. Like I always say, change hypotheses to suit facts, not the other way around. This video however is a bloody awful advertisement for the theory.

EZLN

07-19-2011 11:17 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

if you like i could pm you some link to articles relating to this theory?

edit: why pm when everyone can read Smile

S.W. Carey's 1975 paper in Earth Science Reviews reviews the history of expanding Earth proposals, gives some of his most straightforward classic arguments for the EE hypothesis, and responds to a number of objections:
http://www.mediafire.com/?7126bae6c0qmjpa#1

And speaking for the thoughtful opposition, here's Anthony Hallam, "The Unlikelihood of an Expanding Earth":
http://www.mediafire.com/?v2rx9goqn1fsg9a

Here's the more recent (2005) paper by
Dennis McCarthy, cited above, in the Journal of Biogeography:
http://www.mediafire.com/?v7vlf78j7gxdzbx

Comment by Jason Ali:
http://www.mediafire.com/?czrv0u75aej874z

Comments by John Briggs
http://www.mediafire.com/?3l1y3satipgn6dz

Here's Stevenson et al., on the Zodiac Fan problem:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jyt199hcukiaei7
They are not expansionists (although Scholl did attend the Earth Expansion Symposium in Sydney in 1981). Note their solution to the problem posed by this huge sediment fan's existence (whereby, according to standard plate reconstructions, the area was in the middle of an ocean at the time of its formation): Place the major subduction zone in northern Alaska (rather than the Aleutian Trench) despite there being "no evidence" of such.
And they deal with the problem of how the sediments could have crossed oceanic ridges and trenches (which hypothetically existed in the past) on their way to deposition by asserting that the fan's existence proves that they did cross them. They do not consider whether the fan's existence argues instead that those hypothetical barriers didn't exist.

The main issue in the above concerns whether the Pacific was smaller or larger in the past. A classic article on the topic, very little discussed, was R. Meservey's "Topological Inconsistency of Continental Drift on the Present-Sized Earth" Science, 1969:
http://www.mediafire.com/?92n2cu97widk2g2

i have more articles if these are not enough for you to come to a sound conclusion

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by demonfury v2: 07-19-2011 11:24.

07-19-2011 11:20 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

Just thinking, why PM? Post them in the thread. They're relevant to the topic and then everyone else can look into this more if they want to.

EZLN

07-19-2011 11:23 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Malle8398
Triple Ace

@Ba_al : yes you are absolutly right.. did never check the facts just thought it was a cool thing when i heard it... Wink

Sorry for going a bit off topic here but sins we are talking about earth, space and stuff i wanted to see if there is any belivers of the Anunnaki here???
I for one are a beliver, maybe not the strongest one but i do belive there is some truth in all of that..

Are there anymoore in here? Wink

07-19-2011 11:24 Malle8398 is offline Search for Posts by Malle8398 Add Malle8398 to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

never heard of the anunnaki mate, but i may have to look into it, all this stuff about space, matter and theories of both really interest me

07-19-2011 11:28 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Malle8398
Triple Ace

Do it Smile
there is several clips on youtube that brings this up:

Anunnaki Bloodlines

Anunnaki Secret History on Earth

Were the Anunnaki the Nephilim in the Bible?

Anunnaki, Human Evolution, and Planet X Nibiru

Anunnaki - dont watch this film

There is also a movie called The fourth kind (2009) that brings this belive up to surface..
A verry good movie i want to add Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Malle8398: 07-19-2011 12:08.

07-19-2011 11:58 Malle8398 is offline Search for Posts by Malle8398 Add Malle8398 to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

quote:
What would be the point on making another star? Wouldn't Earth be too close to Jupiter to make use of the "Goldilocks Effect"?

Oh definitely.

I would assume it would eventually lead to the destruction of life on earth. However it would be the coolest scientific experiment ever conducted!

Although, I'd have to make some calculations. But with the amount of heat/light it would put out, its possible it would have little/no effect on the earth.

But it would be cool.

And also, to agree with this theory, you HAVE to believe the earth doubled in size. Which is impossible.

Yes its an interesting theory, with a great fit. But it doesnt work logically. Also, if the earth expanded, where would the water have come from? & im sure it would have messed up the ice ages, which we have scientific evidence for.

Also, if the Earth was originally this small, there would probably be enough surface gravity to hold in Hydrogen and Helium in the atmosphere, which we also have evidence against.

07-19-2011 12:10 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

the explination of additional water is easy, water came from comets, we get hit by these all the time, all be them tiny things that burn out in the atmosphere, there still leave vapor behind, adding to the total water on earth

07-19-2011 12:59 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

So 1.3 billion cubic kilometres of water came from 'tiny' comets?

07-19-2011 16:28 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

last message on here as me and otnc are chatting via pm now so yea Tongue

it didnt all come from "tiny" comets

but it did all come from comets, but these near impacts happen very often, leaving a trail of water vapor, resulting in a greater mass of water on earth Smile

07-19-2011 17:01 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
mortanius
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-604.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2009
Clan: WOLF

quote:
Originally posted by Malle8398
@Ba_al : yes you are absolutly right.. did never check the facts just thought it was a cool thing when i heard it... Wink

Sorry for going a bit off topic here but sins we are talking about earth, space and stuff i wanted to see if there is any belivers of the Anunnaki here???
I for one are a beliver, maybe not the strongest one but i do belive there is some truth in all of that..

I have seen a few videos on you tube and they are quite interesting especially one I saw about ancient technology.
And another good one was when they unearthed radioactive skeletons suggesting some kind of nuclear Bomb had been used .

07-19-2011 18:55 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
Malle8398
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by mortanius
quote:
Originally posted by Malle8398

I have seen a few videos on you tube and they are quite interesting especially one I saw about ancient technology.
And another good one was when they unearthed radioactive skeletons suggesting some kind of nuclear Bomb had been used .

yeah there is alot of cool stuff they bring up.. Btw i have found a great series that you can watch on youtube called Ancient Aliens i have just right now watched 2 episodes and must say they are one of the best i have seen so far in this subject..

Ancient Aliens S01E01 Time: 1:27:50

Ancient Aliens S01E02 Time: 1:27:52

Ancient Aliens S01E03 Time: 1:27:58

Ancient Aliens S01E04 Time: 1:27:55

Ancient Aliens S01E05 Time: 1:27:56

Ancient Aliens S01E06 Time: 1:27:58

there is also a second season but i dont have time to paste moore likns Frown

Enjoy Big Grin

07-19-2011 20:03 Malle8398 is offline Search for Posts by Malle8398 Add Malle8398 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » earth expansion

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH