Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » suggestion - re-embursment » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to the bottom of this page suggestion - re-embursment 2 Votes - Average Rating: 1.002 Votes - Average Rating: 1.002 Votes - Average Rating: 1.002 Votes - Average Rating: 1.002 Votes - Average Rating: 1.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: LGN

suggestion - re-embursment Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok, so it might sound a bit crazy, but hear me out

for example, if a player bought a titanium bracelet at n+3 and upgraded it to g+5 for there defence set but later on had the stone to buy a titanium of authority, as the game runs now, the old gem would be broken for mana/nanites or sold on the auctions, but what about a third option? what about the ability to take said item back to the well of souls and destroy it for a 10% payback of the stones spent on the item?

ok, in some cases it wont be used, as the amount spent on upgrading something will still be waaaaay under what it would fetch on the auctions, the return in stones might be tiny, but i can see it being very popular, especially when it comes to removing the weaker items youve gained and used over a certain period of time.

obviously only items that have had more than 10 stones spent on them would be able to be used, putting a county on the items would be pretty easy, the counter in effect for the clicking bug (anti bot II) would only need a slight modification to run this

before you slate me for this, bare in mind i had a bit of a wake and bake this morning Tongue

IGN: acidic shots
08-02-2011 13:45 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I end up in this situation often, I think in some circumstances this suggestion could work, without bringing inbalance into the game, especially at a 10% rate. However, this would give a little bonus to people who would otherwise junk the items.

08-02-2011 15:28 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by demonfury v2
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by OTNC
I end up in this situation often, I think in some circumstances this suggestion could work, without bringing inbalance into the game, especially at a 10% rate. However, this would give a little bonus to people who would otherwise junk the items.

maybe but then it gives them the option, you can junk the item, or break it for mana and nanites, or you can recoup 10% of the stones you spent upgrading it

after thinking about my original post, without the influence of weed running through me, i still hold that its a good idea Big Grin

08-02-2011 16:28 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BOS + S.S.

Can't see the good point much

Most items i'd raise to good or higher I will have bought for around 1ls+

So I raise it +3, 4,5,g,g1,g2,g3,g4,g5 and yet still cannot do this as thats only 9 upgrades aka 9 stones spent but in bs form its (without fails) 102bs used + say I brought this item for 1ls = 152bs spent, one this wouldn't count the price I brought it for so lost 50bs, then 10% of 102 bs would be 10.2 and so 10bs regained so total loss is 142bs lost through this and thats if you got much succes and so on.

Also what would it do about fails? Would it refund them as part of the price?

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
08-02-2011 17:45 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Foxy
Can't see the good point much

Most items i'd raise to good or higher I will have bought for around 1ls+

So I raise it +3, 4,5,g,g1,g2,g3,g4,g5 and yet still cannot do this as thats only 9 upgrades aka 9 stones spent but in bs form its (without fails) 102bs used + say I brought this item for 1ls = 152bs spent, one this wouldn't count the price I brought it for so lost 50bs, then 10% of 102 bs would be 10.2 and so 10bs regained so total loss is 142bs lost through this and thats if you got much succes and so on.

Also what would it do about fails? Would it refund them as part of the price?

the idea as stated would count everything spent on the upgrade, a fail wont really class as an upgrade as sadly, its not

yea it does mean that pretty much regardless of what it is, your gonna lose stones, but at least youll be able to get a little something back for an item that you would be lucky to get an ls from off the auctions, when you have plenty of mana and nanites as well, it would be a good addition to the game i feel, its not there to try and give you the chance to make a profit, or even hughely decrease your losses, just the chance to get the little something back

08-02-2011 18:58 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

Count all stones spent on upgrades that work... alot of coding i would say...

Anyway if youre upgrading items that aint worth jack on the market then more of a fool you as you could buy one for less than what youd even get in return for you reimbursment

1/10, terrible idea

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 08-02-2011 21:57.

08-02-2011 21:56 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
demonfury v2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Firetrap

Anyway if youre upgrading items that aint worth jack on the market then more of a fool you as you could buy one for less than what youd even get in return for you reimbursment

1/10, terrible idea

the plan is not to buy poor gear and upgrade it

the idea is the lower gear you used in your earlier kits that you spent stones upgrading, that dont have any real value, can be traded in as such for 1/10 of the stones spent on there upgrades

the amount of coding would be relatively small, all it would take really would be a slightly modified counter

if the idea is fully understood, its not all that bad

08-02-2011 22:29 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

what would happen if someone upgraded 2 items to g+5 using ritual then merged to perfect? would they receive 10% of what they spent to get to g+5 on both items or just one?

08-03-2011 00:25 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by popeye2k8
what would happen if someone upgraded 2 items to g+5 using ritual then merged to perfect? would they receive 10% of what they spent to get to g+5 on both items or just one?

that would be up to the devs if the idea ever gets implemented, but lets be fair, who the beans is gonna spend that amount of stones on 2 items to merge to perfect if they not planning to use it or sell for a profit

the idea is mine mate, the mechanics of how it would work if ever implemented, would be 100% up to the devs, id see 2 items being merge into 1 item being classed as 1 item and therefore the total ritual cost of both would be taken into account, but my words not the final one if were fair

08-03-2011 07:50 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

I don't think it's a bad idea (considering your state of mind at development), but I'm not sure it would work; as stated, I think the coding would be difficult if the Devs were trying to back-track all the times one person upgraded something, and not counting the fails.

If it were to work, I think they would have to look at basing the refund on some kind of average, i.e. if it was a normal item (n+1,+2,+3,+4,+5), -- assuming that the player used 5bs to upgrade the item from 0 to +5 -- with a upgrade success rate of 80%, then that would average it at about 4bs, and 10% of that would not even be 1bs.... so what would be the point?

I understand that it is good to have options, and I agree with the idea in principle; but as I say, I just don't think it would be worth their grief of development. Frown

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
08-03-2011 17:52 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

quote:
Originally posted by Firetrap

1/10, terrible idea

I must say I agree with this, counting all the stones that were used to upgrade the item would be very clumsy code-wise.

08-07-2011 09:43 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

well poop

i thought i actually had a good idea for a change LOL

ah well, was worth looking into Smile

08-07-2011 17:05 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
OTNC
OrangeMöd

images/avatars/avatar-583.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009
Clan: V-13/BoS

Solution to coding: Just give a set amount of stones for each upgrade.

However, this could be abused.

Somebody buys 2xG+4 items, then lucky upgrades 1 of them and destroys for a stone profit.

Would need substantial thinking time to work around the issues.

08-08-2011 12:42 OTNC is offline Search for Posts by OTNC Add OTNC to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

quote:

Somebody buys 2xG+4 items, then lucky upgrades 1 of them and destroys for a stone profit.

I think the idea is you only get a 10% reimbursment of the stones YOU spent on upgrades, so if you break an item down that you bought at G+4 then upgraded it to G+5 you dont get any stones apart from 10% of the stones you spent on getting it from G+4 to G+5

As i said once before its a coding nightmare and just aint worth it

08-08-2011 14:22 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
demonfury v2
Lord

quote:

yea, the plan was only gain back 10% of the stones you spent on the upgrade, purchase costs count for nothing, if you lucky upgrades from g+4 to +5 the cost would be 1 hs = 10 stones, payback would be 1 stone, hardly exploitable Smile

08-08-2011 16:16 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » suggestion - re-embursment

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH