Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Rant: Patch 1.1 and above » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Rant: Patch 1.1 and above 5 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.20
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008
Clan: BoS

Rant: Patch 1.1 and above Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

On the BW roadmap it mention many updates which would be introduced to our server, even Konrad said most updates would come July

'Hi,
most of them probably will be introduced in July. We don't know exact date - there is much testing/programming/balance work to do with them.

Regards,
Konrad'

Because the Polish have the majority of these Patches as I have seen it's blatantly an excuse, but our server although it was opened in a relatively close space of time to the R1 Necropolia. Have you not realised yet devs?

Just because the Polish guinea pigs agree with the patches and that they are tested doesn't mean that it will work for us.
So our player base is smaller, there's no 2nd server to test the patch on, but have you never thought that we will need to test it aswell before it's implemented.

I'm sure everybody would like to hear how the new patches are coming, if anybody happens to know.

It just seems to me it's now or later. Either way the Patches might not work on the UK server.

So why not implement the Patches on the UK server and let us help you now? Or atleast inform us about everything on the Roadmap which was going to offer information 'soon' or is a month or two too not long enough?

Now there is but another patch on the Polish servers it's going to be a hell of a lot of work when they can be bothered to implement it here...

Feel free to post your thoughts.
By NoOb_GoD, huge thanks to Aidensixx because he just didn't want to write it Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by God_Like_Friend: 08-18-2008 20:54.

08-14-2008 13:47 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

Registration Date: 02-22-2008
Race in game: Cultist

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Id be gladto hear news on them even if we arent getting them for another month
at least we know we wont get them for another month
if the reason we arent getting patch 1.1 is because wedont have enough active players then why wouldthey tellus we are getting the patch?
08-14-2008 13:54 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Big Grin
Most of the info about the 1.1 patch came from Zizu anyway. The patch is working now (of course not here). Polish servers got another patch - it balanced the costs of arcanas.

quote:
Rebalans kosztów arkan: £M Majestat - koszt -5 PK, WZ Cieñ Bestii - koszt -25 PK, Kultysta ¯ar Krwi - koszt +5 PK, Potêpiony Nocny £owca - koszt +10 PK.

rebalancing the costs of arcanas:
Thoughtcatcher:
Majesty -5 BP/level*
Beastmaster:
Shadow of the beast: -25BP/level*
Cultist:
Searing blood +5BP/level*
Cursed One:
Nighthunter +10BP/level*

* - Blood points per level of arcana

All new arcanas as you see. We don't even know their names yet.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by diablo: 08-14-2008 17:12.

08-14-2008 17:12 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: boot camp

really to make it fair they should implement the patches and change which severs have it first if they don't have enough time
to be personal for each sever
08-14-2008 18:01 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
DemonDude
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-208.gif

Registration Date: 06-20-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: TIG

I would love a polish speaking person to go and complain to them directly, kus i dought they come here all the time!!!

08-14-2008 18:39 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Azz420
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-676.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2007
Clan: .DB.

as long as the main bits are in english
the new quests results can still be in polish as i only read them once
then just look for the loot (junk) Tongue

08-14-2008 19:08 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by God_Like_Friend

They also fixed the Phoenixes going crazy, so they added an extra patch instead of trying to fix the patch for everybody else.

I don't speak much Polish but I read the patches on R1 for them and already they're many patches in front surely it's time now as they will have to be fine tuned for each server for sure.

quote:

08-14-2008 19:40 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
DemonDude
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-208.gif

Registration Date: 06-20-2008
Clan: TIG

Well one way to look at it is that the polish server is the test server!!!

=D

08-14-2008 20:31 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Aidensixx
Lord

ok then demon if theyr the test server theyve been testing it an awful long time
08-14-2008 20:32 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Yes Demon the Polish servers are test servers but you are dismissing that it's also a much different server, which is what i'm trying to get through to people. This patch on our server may have very different effects to what's 'good' on the Polish servers and therefore require fine tuning completely making the testing obselete.

quote:

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by God_Like_Friend: 08-14-2008 21:13.

08-14-2008 21:11 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Aidensixx
Lord

example if it works on necropolia then thats not an accurate represntation as necropolia isa far different server examples being expos cant be started till level 40 and buildings are easier to build than here
08-14-2008 21:22 Aidensixx is offline Search for Posts by Aidensixx Add Aidensixx to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Polish servers now have 1.1.0.2 whilst we're here stuck on 1.0.3.0, but nobody has realised the significance of server differences yet...

quote:

08-18-2008 20:56 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
diablo

quote:
Originally posted by God_Like_Friend
Polish servers now have 1.1.0.2 whilst we're here stuck on 1.0.3.0, but nobody has realised the significance of server differences yet...
One of the undying truths of Underworld.

08-18-2008 22:13 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Now I am starting to get rubbed right up the wron way by how these patches are going. How are we meant to catch up, as we are encouraged, when we are given such severe disadvantage

Your imperfection.
08-19-2008 00:01 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Azz420
Lord

its all to so with active numbers
while our server is not as populated we can be ignored and left behind
but that also makes people angry/bored and leave the game
bit of a catch 22 situation :/

i try to get people to join the game but they are easily discouraged by the lack of help,
tutorial is to complex and random for most new players Frown

08-19-2008 00:11 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
its all to so with active numbers
while our server is not as populated we can be ignored and left behind
but that also makes people angry/bored and leave the game
bit of a catch 22 situation :/

More of a vicious cycle... you can draw it as a circle probably.

I understand what you mean... thing is when Cursed one conmes in they should make it available to new players, so that they know there is one based specifically for gunners... otherrwise they'll have the struggle many have left over

Your imperfection.
08-19-2008 00:15 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Well i'm pretty sure inactive people don't Delete their accounts yes?

But overnight 21:30 - 8:40 server time we've lost 105 players.
18009 - 17904

So who's getting rid of these people? And who's saying our player base is not big enough?

quote:

08-19-2008 08:41 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Azz420
Lord

i looked in rankings and even in top 2500 they are still on 1 point
i would say inactive :/
so less than 2500 still play the game
and how many less i wouldnt like to speculate :/

08-19-2008 08:52 Azz420 is offline Search for Posts by Azz420 Add Azz420 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Azz420
God_Like_Friend
Lord

So we have less players then the other servers.

Do you not want the Patch anymore? Because I do even though I can't use it yet.

What difference is it supposed to make whether we have a lower player base or not? I'm sure many active players want to use it, many players who aren't there can make it a target also.

And a lot of people do Phoenix expos right?
They've patched them going crazy on Polish servers, they just think that because there's less of us it doesn't matter..

quote:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by God_Like_Friend: 08-19-2008 09:11.

08-19-2008 09:08 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
i looked in rankings and even in top 2500 they are still on 1 point
i would say inactive :/
so less than 2500 still play the game
and how many less i wouldnt like to speculate :/

Only about 1000 are truely active players. When people join they get to rank 900 with ease, then push from there... however I've noticed a lot o inactive 3 pointers too.

Basically we are being screwed over because the game is not as well known

Your imperfection.
08-19-2008 10:43 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Hell yeah we are; and it's not fair, we buy premium aswell, we fund their staff and servers and get nothing back even no feedback, you see any devs posting here?

Because I don't.

quote:

08-19-2008 11:05 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

I know it isn't fair... but until we contribute a certain amount of gross pay they aren't going to listen, it's the same as if you go toi university and give a huge amount of money to them, thye then listen to you and get you in. This server doesn't produce enough money, which I believe to be the real reason why the premium changed, if they were making enough they wouldn'tve cared.

Even so, I do belive it's high time we get the patch too Devs, just because we are a small server doesn't mean you can leave us behind... because if that continues to happen you realise that the server will eventually be left behind

Your imperfection.
08-19-2008 11:18 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

If it gets to such an extreme there should definitly be a protest in which everybody doesn't buy premium until they listen, they'll get quite annoyed when they're losing profits.

quote:

08-19-2008 11:27 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

They already dropped the amount of premium we got via SMS. How do you get Paypal?

If they don't listen then they'll end up losing a lot, many top players leave because they get bored it seems.

Your imperfection.
08-19-2008 11:32 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

I pay via Paypal because of the rise in SMS price, it's annoying that we pay and they don't really care about us.

quote:

08-19-2008 11:43 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
kobruk

Registration Date: 08-17-2007
Clan: The Fluffs

So we're still going all the way back months to what has been said many times before by every decent player who has had enough.

It's a choice of putting up with a second class, second rate game (compared to the Polish servers) or saying enough and refusing to pay premium or leaving totally.

Question is do you like the game enough to stay, pay and play? It's cheaper than Warcraft Wink

I'm sick of the Devs ignoring anything and anyone who isn't Polish but I have a choice, I don't have to stay or pay. Can't say I'm not tempted to stop premium but unless the whole of underworld do it it won't make any difference. Even then they probably won't give a flying f##k.
08-19-2008 13:59 kobruk is offline Search for Posts by kobruk Add kobruk to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

one thing iv wondered is do the devs play their own game? maybe if one of them created an account on the english server, and plyed on it frequimtly [without the help of the fact they were a dev] that would help us and them, so they new what it was like in the underworld and we new that of the devs was cgoing through the same things as us.

maybe we could even influence his/her decisions, say 'we want you to become a gangster' or whatever, see how they cope then, maybe once theyve walked a mile in our shoes they will be able to help us more effectivly
08-19-2008 14:35 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

It's just pathetic, the Polish servers are better so they fix them, know why the Polish servers are better? Because they do Absolutely Nothing to help us

quote:

08-19-2008 15:40 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
diablo

None of the devs would play here, its just too hard for them. And none of them will post here because they are afraid of the message bombardment. Nothings gonna change, no matter what we do. It takes a lot of ignorance to achieve what the devs dis.
I said it before and I will say it again - if the 1.1 patch won't make the game better in my opinion, I will leave. And there will be more than just me. Much more.

Still afraid of posting?

08-19-2008 17:41 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

It's true they're afraid of posting or they just don't care so much they haven't even been on our forums.

How ignorant can you get?

quote:

08-19-2008 18:22 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

quote:
Question is do you like the game enough to stay, pay and play? It's cheaper than Warcraft

But far worse quality.

I think the 1.1 patch will make a difference, but we need it SOON... the patch itself is not under dispute, but we really do need the patch soon

quote:
I said it before and I will say it again - if the 1.1 patch won't make the game better in my opinion, I will leave. And there will be more than just me. Much more.

Could I have your account lol.

I agree actually, I am already rather annoyed... however the main thing I look forward to is double EXP from ambushes... that'll be sweet.

Your imperfection.
08-20-2008 00:46 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

On the nose Raxis, we're not ranting because we don't like the patch, heck do we know, we don't have it... -.-

But has anybody even heard this? I doubt it, so is it pointless getting the patch? Because if they're not going to listen to tweak the Patch for us, it could make the game worse.

quote:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by God_Like_Friend: 08-20-2008 07:52.

08-20-2008 07:51 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

I don't answer because I've been answering such question in more or less 3 or 4 topics now and the answer is still the same. 3 out of 6 Polish realms have the patch as they are the most populated ones and the best for testing. We don't want to officially release a patch until it's fully ready and 1.1 is NOT fully ready. Also note that French realms don't have 1.1 either and it's also under translation there.

08-20-2008 08:35 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Thanks for steroetyping my thread and reading it all...

IF you would've taken a few minutes of your time to read it, you would realise your answer was stupid but I don't expect you to waste a few minutes on Underworld, nobody else does.

quote:

08-20-2008 09:31 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

quote:
I don't answer because I've been answering such question in more or less 3 or 4 topics now and the answer is still the same. 3 out of 6 Polish realms have the patch as they are the most populated ones and the best for testing. We don't want to officially release a patch until it's fully ready and 1.1 is NOT fully ready. Also note that French realms don't have 1.1 either and it's also under translation there.

Ever heard of testing in different conditions? Like high pop, mid pop and low pop? Thats the purpose of testing. Prolly not.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
08-20-2008 10:03 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
diablo

Give us a date when the patch will be implemented here and we will be quiet.

08-20-2008 10:37 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Everybody here who plays the game understands where i'm coming from, then a Dev opens their mouth and it's like nothing i've written has made any sense.

That must come with the arrogance.

quote:

08-20-2008 11:08 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
Serafine
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-247.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2008
Clan: [-END-]

Playing Devils Avocate, Don't Kill Me.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't think Szes answer was stupid. I think it was short and to the point. He has answered similiar questions on various threads.

They are still testing the patch, ok so they could come along and give us an "official" update on it yes. But isn't there a player already giving us the information from the Polish servers? So maybe they want to see the players being proactive in finding the information rather than having to be spoon fed it.

They are testing it on 3 servers now, I would assume each of those servers are different in some way or other. I know for a fact one of them has roughly same population as us and suffers with inactivity with the top 5-10 being inactive.

So they released it on 1 server. Patched it. Released it and its patch in one go on another server, found a problem, patched it. Released it and its patches in one go on a third server, found more problems, patched them. Still testing them so that when it is released on more servers, previous problems don't reoccur and waste more dev time.

If you just sit and think about that, and couple it with the translations from polish players you can see they are working on it.

Ok though, I agree they could simply come along and tell us themselves "look guys, we encountered bugs on the other servers and are working towards resolving them all before we release it to you or France"

It would solve some aggro issues. But don't just shoot Szes down when he is just saying that he has answered this question before.

Like I said, only playing devil's advocate here. I, like everyone else, thinks they are biaised towards polish servers. (But then think about it, they are polish, they can tell the devs team whats wrong easier than we can, they speak polish afterall.)

Selling:

See Necro Profile - mostly rubbish tbh.

Buying:

See IGProfile.
08-20-2008 12:58 Serafine is offline Search for Posts by Serafine Add Serafine to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Serafine
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Well Serafine, if they're planning on giving us the Patch anytime soon you would think they've been working on fixing it, so why after Patch 1.1 did they fix the Phoenixes from going crazy? That's not the main thing we're looking for, it's act II.

And the reason I said Szeszej's answer was stupid is because

quote:
3 out of 6 Polish realms have the patch as they are the most populated ones and the best for testing.

The most populated ones, is it maybe possible that most populated is more populated than here so that all this work into patching it is going to be useless come time we actually get the patch?

quote:

08-20-2008 13:23 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
diablo

quote:
Originally posted by Serafine
They are still testing the patch, ok so they could come along and give us an "official" update on it yes. But isn't there a player already giving us the information from the Polish servers? So maybe they want to see the players being proactive in finding the information rather than having to be spoon fed it.

This is not a kindergarden but a paid service.

quote:
Ok though, I agree they could simply come along and tell us themselves "look guys, we encountered bugs on the other servers and are working towards resolving them all before we release it to you or France"

That would be polite and we are not used to it here.

quote:
Like I said, only playing devil's advocate here. I, like everyone else, thinks they are biaised towards polish servers. (But then think about it, they are polish, they can tell the devs team whats wrong easier than we can, they speak polish afterall.)

If it is as you said they shouldn't do French and English servers in the first place.

No personal offence intended to you Serafine.

08-20-2008 13:40 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Rant: Patch 1.1 and above

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH