Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Directions for newbies » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Directions for newbies
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Trafik

images/avatars/avatar-13.jpg

Registration Date: 02-28-2007

Directions for newbies Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

write here your directions about game,example :

in the begining most important statistics are strenght and agility
absoluty minimum is 8 points
later improve other stats (bigger chance to do succesful quest )
of course you must pass all of your items Requirements

03-01-2007 12:58 Trafik is offline Search for Posts by Trafik Add Trafik to your Buddy List
DrGreenthumb
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-52.png

Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: [..l..]

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

in the begin make strenght and agility to maximum,
toughness to 6-9

and some other for quests,

buy 2 knives, shorts and cup
now you can go for quest or attack other vampires Smile

Don't upgrade simple items in Well of Souls, stones are very important to upgrade good items with prefi/sufix Smile

On 3lvl buy better weapon, hat and jacket in shop

Windsom is important for buildings, Armoury is the most important building Smile , so about 5-10lvl you must have 12 windsom and build second lvl armoury Smile

PS. sorry for my english xD

sorry for my english xD

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DrGreenthumb: 03-01-2007 13:39.

03-01-2007 13:35 DrGreenthumb is offline Homepage of DrGreenthumb Search for Posts by DrGreenthumb Add DrGreenthumb to your Buddy List
tomek1919

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I can't say I totally agree with DrGreenthumb. You have to make sure that your ambushes aren't discovered by your oponnets, so you have to add to 6-7 reputation at the beginning Smile

03-01-2007 13:44 tomek1919 is offline Search for Posts by tomek1919 Add tomek1919 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for tomek1919
Trafik

Thread Starter Thread Started by Trafik

quote:
Originally posted by tomek1919
I can't say I totally agree with DrGreenthumb. You have to make sure that your ambushes aren't discovered by your oponnets, so you have to add to 6-7 reputation at the beginning Smile

yea this stat is important too beacaose you must have high chance to atack

03-01-2007 13:46 Trafik is offline Search for Posts by Trafik Add Trafik to your Buddy List
Malester

images/avatars/avatar-14.jpg

I would suggest to put never less than 10 points in STR and AGI at the beggining. Next stat to raise is reputation and should be at 7 - 10 to raise your %chance for ambush. Other PoPs (pts of progress) spend on all the stats and raise them to 3 - 4 for higher %chance on quests.

Remember to try avoid attacking Beast Lords at the very beginning of the game, since they have higher HPs, and arcane adding to STR, so you will probably waste your attack.

When you get Vargants Shelter, never attack anybody without spying him earlier to make you know that you have no chance to lose.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Malester: 03-01-2007 13:57.

03-01-2007 13:56 Malester is offline Search for Posts by Malester Add Malester to your Buddy List
Djeronimo

images/avatars/avatar-23.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007

you can use mace at beggining, raise your strengh to 10 and agility to at least 8 then other stats 4 or 5

03-01-2007 18:26 Djeronimo is offline Homepage of Djeronimo Search for Posts by Djeronimo Add Djeronimo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Djeronimo: dont have!! YIM Account Name of Djeronimo: dont have!!! View the MSN Profile for Djeronimo
Trafik

quote:
Originally posted by Djeronimo
you can use mace at beggining, raise your strengh to 10 and agility to at least 8 then other stats 4 or 5

if you use mace aglity is more important than strenght

03-01-2007 18:29 Trafik is offline Search for Posts by Trafik Add Trafik to your Buddy List
Artmar

images/avatars/avatar-26.jpg

Thoughtcatacher will be the easiest opponent you can find in the begining, cultist is stronger (arcane that adds agility), absorber is quite hard (never use arcane while atacking absorber - it's just waste of blood points) becouse of his +10%hp and as was said - avoid Beast Lord, unless you're one too (or unless you are one lvl higher at least).

At the beginning of the game use melee weapons (or guns if you have found any), becouse low lvl ranged aren't strong enough without sufixes/prefixes and/or upgrades. Throwing knife is the first ranged worth recommendation.

quote:

But you need 10 strenght for equiping mace, don't ya? So 10 agility and 10 strenght if you want to fight using a mace

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Artmar: 03-01-2007 23:43.

03-01-2007 18:38 Artmar is offline Search for Posts by Artmar Add Artmar to your Buddy List
DrGreenthumb
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-52.png

Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: [..l..]

mace... hmm....

Damage: 15 - 30
Effects: Hit -14

thanks for this weapon Smile knives are better for begin Smile

quote:

I agree

sorry for my english xD
03-01-2007 19:49 DrGreenthumb is offline Homepage of DrGreenthumb Search for Posts by DrGreenthumb Add DrGreenthumb to your Buddy List
Creed Diskenth

images/avatars/avatar-24.jpg

Could someone tell me wich parameters should I choose to create a good Bowman (two-handed ranged weapon) ?

03-01-2007 21:16 Creed Diskenth is offline Search for Posts by Creed Diskenth Add Creed Diskenth to your Buddy List
prince2

images/avatars/avatar-6.jpg

AGILITY and PERCEPTION if you want hit someone, and INTELLIGENCE and WISDOM if you want use any better THRW.

EDIT\\

EG, look at this:

Reflexive bow

Two-handed ranged weapon
Damage: 30 - 40
Effects: attacks per round: 3
Requirements: LEVEL: 26, STRENGTH: 23, AGILITY: 27, PERCEPTION: 28, INTELLIGENCE: 24, WISDOM: 31
Selling price: 3950 Lgo
Value: Nanites 0, Mana 0

Baldur (r1), Prince_of_Persia (r2), Fiolkowa_Furia (r1 uk)

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by prince2: 03-01-2007 21:37.

03-01-2007 21:26 prince2 is offline Search for Posts by prince2 Add prince2 to your Buddy List
Creed Diskenth

OK,THX a lot

03-01-2007 21:28 Creed Diskenth is offline Search for Posts by Creed Diskenth Add Creed Diskenth to your Buddy List
SushiMaker
Administrator

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

By the way, the bow itself is only usefull if you find a Special one (with sufix) adding some special efects.

From basic thrown weapons the knifes and axes are the best after upgrade but I would addvice to first play some time and get accustom to lots of different item combinations before deciding on a way of development.

Thank You.
03-01-2007 21:39 SushiMaker is offline Search for Posts by SushiMaker Add SushiMaker to your Buddy List
jasszczur

images/avatars/avatar-20.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by SushiMaker
the bow itself is only usefull if you find a Special one (with sufix) adding some special efects.

i'm afraid i must disagree. i find a reflex bow to be a very destructive weapon even without any dmg modifiers (on r2 server).

btw the plural form is spelled 'knives';P
03-02-2007 07:03 jasszczur is offline Search for Posts by jasszczur Add jasszczur to your Buddy List
Soli

Another direction:

Items without mana and nanites are shop item. When You get reqirements lvl You can buy that same item (without mana and nanites) in shop.
This items on start (and late game) are good way to have some money.

When You have big armoury (and free places) You can buy items from shop and hide money from ambush.

Sry for my English Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Soli: 03-02-2007 14:06.

03-02-2007 14:05 Soli is offline Search for Posts by Soli Add Soli to your Buddy List
Djeronimo

images/avatars/avatar-23.jpg

At the beggining the most impoertant is agility and strengh then thoughtness then perceptiion and then other stats...

Mace is good at beggining becouse when you have about 15 or more agility you almost always hit unless somone has more than you.

03-02-2007 17:04 Djeronimo is offline Homepage of Djeronimo Search for Posts by Djeronimo Add Djeronimo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Djeronimo: dont have!! YIM Account Name of Djeronimo: dont have!!! View the MSN Profile for Djeronimo
Creed Diskenth

I saw 4 absorbers in first 100 in ranking Frown does this race is weaker than others ?

03-03-2007 13:50 Creed Diskenth is offline Search for Posts by Creed Diskenth Add Creed Diskenth to your Buddy List
Trafik

this rase is better in higher lvles and most of people like beastlords os thoughtcatchers Tongue

03-03-2007 13:52 Trafik is offline Search for Posts by Trafik Add Trafik to your Buddy List
Artmar

images/avatars/avatar-26.jpg

quote:
I saw 4 absorbers in first 100 in ranking does this race is weaker than others ?

this rase is better in higher lvles and most of people like beastlords os thoughtcatchers

Well, I find absorber as good at the beginning as later, however it does better with player with... tactical sense? Managing absorber's arcanes is harder then other races's ones and absorber doesnt have "best stats/weapon build" (you know, BM -> melee etc.).

I play as absorber on Polish r2 and I don't feel "worse". On UK server I have cultist, becouse I wanted to try some ranged weapons Big Grin
03-03-2007 22:54 Artmar is offline Search for Posts by Artmar Add Artmar to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Directions for newbies

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH