Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Critical Hit Chance Counter » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Critical Hit Chance Counter
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Nosforano

images/avatars/avatar-368.jpg

Registration Date: 07-17-2008
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: BoS

Critical Hit Chance Counter Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

May have already been suggested (couldn`t find it on a search), but I would find it really useful to have a CRITICAL HIT CHANCE COUNTER.

Could be placed along side the weapon damage in the throne room.

Prevents folks from having to calculate their critical hit chance by looking through armoury and tats.

Whats everyone else think??

IGN :-
Underworld.....Muppeteer
08-19-2008 19:57 Nosforano is offline Search for Posts by Nosforano Add Nosforano to your Buddy List
DemonDude
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-208.gif

Registration Date: 06-20-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: TIG

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Do u mean a bit that says the chance of a crit hit in %

Ive thought about that for ages, but everything i sugest gets totally flamed lol, tho id love to know what my actual chances were, luck and all!!!

Tho, it would have to factor in all the variables first, like luck and stuff!!!

08-19-2008 20:00 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007
Race in game: Beastmaster

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Tis has been suggested... twice now I believe... I think you may get a warning... however I may be wrong

Your imperfection.
08-20-2008 00:49 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Clan: V13

It has, i suggested previously myself. The opposing argument was that it would reveal the role that "luck" has to play with crit chance and they couldnt have that happening.

08-20-2008 02:30 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Zatoichi

images/avatars/avatar-122.jpg

Registration Date: 12-09-2007
Clan: None.

Couldn't they add the counter but not factor in the luck,still leave that a mystery?Would still be usefull...

08-20-2008 08:25 Zatoichi is offline Search for Posts by Zatoichi Add Zatoichi to your Buddy List
Nosforano

images/avatars/avatar-368.jpg

Registration Date: 07-17-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by Nosforano
RE: Critical Hit Chance Counter Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don`t want the counter to take luck into account, unfortunately luck is a variable and is rather unpredictable (also luck varies from race to race).

Item, weapon and tattoo critical hit bonuses are constant but vary from item to item.

Just wanted a reminder of what the total % chance of a critical hit was, near to the damage of the equipped weapon.

IGN :-
Underworld.....Muppeteer
08-20-2008 14:11 Nosforano is offline Search for Posts by Nosforano Add Nosforano to your Buddy List
Chopski

Registration Date: 04-11-2008
Clan: BOS/V13

Totally agree. Not so worried about luck etc but to know what my crit chance is would be really useful. Could try different setups etc and just check the throne room instead of calculating all the time.

Great idea
08-20-2008 17:48 Chopski is offline Search for Posts by Chopski Add Chopski to your Buddy List
DemonDude
Lord

Oh thats a thought dude!!!
Having a bit that says how damage ur crits can do!!!
Agree about luck!!! Just dont put it into the equation!!!! SOOO simple to do it myself but its easyer this way!!!!

08-20-2008 19:11 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Artoir.
Avenger

So you suggest having something that works out your crit chance, but doesn't take into account luck? Kind of defeats the purpose don't you think, given that Luck could have a larger role to play than we may think..

08-20-2008 20:54 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
DarkOne
Lord

Registration Date: 11-12-2007

Will give the old answer:

Makes too much work
You can count it yourself, don't be lazy!

Besides it is really not that difficult ...

ID necro: 1093

created by Dontmess
08-20-2008 21:04 DarkOne is offline Search for Posts by DarkOne Add DarkOne to your Buddy List
DemonDude
Lord

What about a thing under damage that says how much damage it will do critacly??

08-20-2008 23:00 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Artoir.
Avenger

Check the tutorial

08-20-2008 23:02 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
DemonDude
Lord

Never npticed this bit!!!

Minimum REAL chance for critical strike = 1%
Maximum REAL chance for critical strike = 85%

@Artoir

All i can fiind is the bit that gives the data on how its calculated!!!

And .. kinda unrelated, but can u help with this artoir??
Ive done less/more damage than the differnce between them in the thonehall... That dot make sense..

Ok,

I do 5 - 10 damage in throne hall!!! 5 difference

I do 3 damage round 1, 9 damage round 2 ???

More than a 5 in between there!!! Is that the randomising algorithim thing in effect??

Defense dont change half through a fight!!! So how kum the data changed??

Anyway... Crits range aswell, with the damage!!! And i dont wana have to go the tutorial every time i wana see how a weapon would do if i had it!!! Thats a bit silly!!!
So just equiping it then checking is good!!!

So its quite handy to see it in there!!! I mean, thats what its for!!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by DemonDude: 08-20-2008 23:29.

08-20-2008 23:25 DemonDude is offline Homepage of DemonDude Search for Posts by DemonDude Add DemonDude to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DemonDude: [= Nope =] YIM Account Name of DemonDude: [= Dont use this either =] View the MSN Profile for DemonDude
Artoir.
Avenger

No thats not what i mean

You askes for a crit dmg display

For 1-h melee X2

2-H gun X2

etc, etc..

08-20-2008 23:32 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
Szeszej
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-1121.jpg

Registration Date: 02-21-2007
Clan: Overlords

Maybe we'll se it implemented but we'll have to adjust all the layouts and I suppose our main graphic is a little busy atm.

Of course without revealing the luck Wink

08-21-2008 01:50 Szeszej is offline Homepage of Szeszej Search for Posts by Szeszej Add Szeszej to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

but a sniper rifle says it has a higher chance to crit
does than mean it gets reduced
08-21-2008 19:38 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

I believe that your ACTUAL crit chance can only reach 85... however you can get higher .... so you can use XXX of speed and Hunters XXX

Thus what happens is saay your weapon has 89% critical chance, and you have 10% tattoo. In combat you have 85% even though it's actually 99%

BUT if you use XXX of speed... lets say 46% off... then you lose 46 from 99 not from 85...

At least that's my guess fool

Your imperfection.
08-22-2008 01:56 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
VonBudde

Registration Date: 04-11-2008

Funny, that some threads get locked and others won't. Tongue

Anyway, when I saw this topic, My first thought was, it is about item/prefix/suffix that decreases Your chance to get critically hit. Well it wasnt, but what if...?
08-22-2008 06:14 VonBudde is offline Search for Posts by VonBudde Add VonBudde to your Buddy List
Scillage
Forum Legend

images/avatars/avatar-63.gif

Registration Date: 05-31-2007
Clan: N/A

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
I believe that your ACTUAL crit chance can only reach 85... however you can get higher .... so you can use XXX of speed and Hunters XXX

Thus what happens is saay your weapon has 89% critical chance, and you have 10% tattoo. In combat you have 85% even though it's actually 99%

BUT if you use XXX of speed... lets say 46% off... then you lose 46 from 99 not from 85...

At least that's my guess fool

Yes that is right. I personally don't think that this needs changing, but thats just my opinion.

08-22-2008 06:36 Scillage is offline Homepage of Scillage Search for Posts by Scillage Add Scillage to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Scillage
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » Critical Hit Chance Counter

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH