Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Ideaa!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ideaa!! 9 Votes - Average Rating: 7.009 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 08-23-2009

Ideaa!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I thinking about starting a radio site for bloodwars

Bloodwars live or something like that just thinking do people think this is a good idea or anything it will have bloodwars DJ's things like that will put more information on if i get alot of interest on this idea

what do you think

thanks

EDIT: since people thinks its a good idea and people would like to take part message me if you wish to be staff on site E.G i will need a admin or too and some DJs

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by 4thtimelucky: 10-12-2011 19:05.

10-11-2011 23:54 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
Malle8398
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-927.jpg

Registration Date: 03-10-2010
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: KhOrNe/BC

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Think that sounds Awsome Big Grin

Pls tell me moore Wink

Underworld: Gravedigga

***Hunter S. Thompson 1937-2005***

May your soul rest in peace
10-12-2011 00:05 Malle8398 is offline Search for Posts by Malle8398 Add Malle8398 to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: LGN

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

this sounds like an epic idea Red Face Red Face

im guessing it would be web based radio so the international diversity wouldnt become an issue as they would if digital radio was used??

sounds like a fantastic idea to me, ad id be more than happy to DJ for a couple of hours a day, i think for copyright reasons, sezjzez would need to give his blessing, but other than that, it should be fine Smile

IGN: acidic shots
10-12-2011 03:18 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Clan: CUBS

Question: who would listen to it? Anyone who tunes in or just the BW community? And what sort of things would be broadcasted? Level ups; fanstatic merges? Etc? O.o

However, it seems like a good idea. I'm enthusiastic to hear more. Big Grin

10-12-2011 05:40 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by 4thtimelucky

of course we would do shout outs Smile and yes i would wait for szez blessing if any mod could direct this to his attension for me and it would be for everyone because if we let all the internet community listen when we show how fantastic our BW community is then we may be able to get people to apply for the game so advertisingg would be brilliant for BW and franz the genre would be what ever the residential DJs pick as i will dj aswell my genre would be rap and RnB Smile

10-12-2011 18:40 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

And where would you host the radio show? Is there a site out there that lets you for free? If not whos gonna pay as im pretty sure BW wouldnt

10-12-2011 18:46 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Yes there are free hosting sites and the site would run on donation end of dayy its something for fun Smile maybe BW Might one day intergrate it to game where you could easily click on it and once we make enough donation we could pay for a server for it

10-12-2011 18:49 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

and think about it, free hosting sites + whole internet able to hear = millions upon millions of potential new players Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
i dont just hope, i PRAY that szez give this the thumbs up and then as a community we can launch this and bring some more excitement to the game Big Grin Big Grin

10-12-2011 19:49 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

you got it spot on i messaged szes to see if i got permission

10-12-2011 20:19 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

i cant see him saying no tbh, whos gonna object to free advertising and also to a brand new element added to the game (as such) with next to no cost or work to the BW team

if anything, all they would need to do would be add a link bar to the radio station to our already existing user interface bar on the left of our screens Smile

10-12-2011 21:17 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

well since people seen interested here is some more information

there will be many DJ's each will apply via PM to me so that we have an active radio station as much as possible so if anyone would like to apply let me know and al get back to you

each DJ will play what genre of music they want that way there will be lots of variety in music Smile so everyone can enjoy

on certain holidays E.G. Xmas period, Halloween period we wil have music to match these

there will also be a shout box of some sort for listeners to get shoutout (have you had an amazing drop, leveled up, merged that special item or got that badge ??)

these things that will happen Smile aswell as attract as many new recruits to the game Smile only thing i ask is that you advertise the radio station if you like it

things that may happen :

competitions, advice from players etc

hope this seems exciting enoughh Smile once i get the go ahead i will get it up as soon as possible for us all Smile

10-12-2011 23:26 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

id love to be a dj

im generally online for 4-5 hours a day, i could comfortably run a segment, ive already got alot of idea as of what id like to include

things like rapid growth tips for newbies and merging for beginners, things that would attract new players to the game and then give them that helping hand when they get here Smile

dude, this HAS to happen, im actually more excited about this radio station than i am about act 3 Red Face

10-13-2011 02:21 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Moved to Offtopic.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
10-13-2011 12:42 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Firetrap
Lord

I dont think its a bad idea but i cant see people just listening to a show about a game unless theyre already playing it as its just gonna seem like someone speaking gibberish so cant see it dragging in huge amounts of people Tongue Imagine youve never played this game before and you tune into the show to hear someone has just merged themselves a murderous scythe of suicide youd be thinking wtf Tongue

Maybe the radio button could go on the homepage so not to clutter up the game interface

10-13-2011 17:59 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
demonfury v2
Lord

or, think positivley, imagine never playing a game and then hearing a radio show about it, hearing about the things that are going on and the possibilities within, whos to say that people will dismiss it all as jibberish, when they could possibly think "hmmm i wanna give this a look" and come see what the games all about, i can see this as a great addition to the game, unquestionably and possibly even a brilliant marketing campaign

time will tell though of course Smile

10-13-2011 18:52 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Still waitingg on szez takes his time

10-17-2011 15:15 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

gotta love that quote ^^ but yea, on topic, will someone pull szez away from a3 for 5 minutes to read this and give legal rights for us to get it started!!!!!!

i want bw radio NOW! -.-

10-17-2011 22:42 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

I think it will be a waste. You want a whole extra section of the game to be stopped for a radio show that people will quite possibly only use as background noise like any other radio station?

For a couple of people to say things that everybody already knows. How many people HONESTLY can say I just found a game it's got a radio station I will listen?

People try games first it's not the first thing they do. Once theyve found out how to play that radio station becomes useless apart from background noise.

If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but it's how I see it being and if everybody thought it was a goo idea there would be more than you and lucky goin on about it
10-18-2011 12:51 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

how has it got to be stopped??

he needs to take 30 seconds out of his day to read this and say yes or no :s

the start up and the operation of the radio station will be handled completley by the players, szez has to do next to nothing

if you dont like it, you dont have to listen, thats completely up to you

there are many aspects of radio use that can keep people listening and entertained, dont dismiss it till we have had at least half a chance to make it work

10-18-2011 14:57 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Id rather he concentrated on a3 than on a radio station. Get one thing finished before starting another

You know Lucky could just start the site now as long as he is careful not to infringe on any copyright stuff so you could get the ball rolling and then advertise it on your forum account profiles see what sort of response you get

10-18-2011 18:18 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
demonfury v2
Lord

he still can concentrate on a3, all he litterally needs to do is say yes or no about the BW name and logo being used

it will take him all of 10 seconds

10-19-2011 02:48 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Pops
moderator...apparently

Registration Date: 10-22-2008
Clan: BoS

the devs were ok with irc so i dont see why there would be a problem here.

10-19-2011 16:45 Pops is offline Search for Posts by Pops Add Pops to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Szez said we can do it unless we use images then he will need to speak to sushi so will start to crack on it tonightt

10-19-2011 17:48 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

and act3 aint been delayed at all, see peoples, panic averted, lets get bw radio out on the waves Big Grin Big Grin

10-20-2011 13:09 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

started on it mostly set up i need djs without willing participants there will be no radio station so please apply message me on PM on forum

thanks

10-20-2011 19:52 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

BLOODWARS LIVE expected to be launched on 1st november

We need DJs message me if you wish to become one Smile

10-23-2011 21:54 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

so far me and 4tl are the only DJ's we ainyt gonna be able to do this on our own Red Face

10-24-2011 01:14 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

Malle also come on guys its gunna be funn Smile

FILLTHIS IN TO APPLYy

BLOODWARS LIVE Smile

NAME ON BW OR FORUM :
SKYPE(If you have it):

FAVOURITE GENRE OF MUSIC:
GMT TIME YOU WOULD LIKE TO BROADCAST (ALL THE TIMES YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DJ):
HAVE YOU ANY EXPERIENCE(PUT ALL EXPERIENCE DOWN):
HAVE YOU ANY MUSIC EXXPERIENCE:
DO YOU HAVE A MIC:
HOW MANY GB OF MUSIC DO YOU HAVE:

POSISTION APPLYING FOR (PUT A X AGAINST WHAT YOU WISH TO APPLY FOR):

DJ:
ADMIN:
BOTH:

PICK A DJ NAME:

ONCE FILLED IN PLEASE SEND TO 4thtimelucky ON BLOODWARS FORUM AND WAIT FOR REPLY IF YOU SUCCESSFUL

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by 4thtimelucky: 10-24-2011 02:57.

10-24-2011 01:58 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009

Applied as a metal DJ. Out of curiosity, where will this be hosted? Will it be like a ventrilo server? Will people be able to join in like a phone in?

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

10-24-2011 15:56 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
TheKid
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-19-2010

More Info will be posted on the Radio Station when Lucky comes back Online too update the post and he has finished talking to Szez about the other things

10-24-2011 17:04 TheKid is offline Search for Posts by TheKid Add TheKid to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

lucifer will be the metal dj, im the hiphop dj, epic Big Grin

im really looking forward to this Big Grin

10-24-2011 22:53 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

I'm so excited I've already started planning playlists Tongue

EZLN

10-24-2011 23:02 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

just an update for people the base of the server as been set up just need to do a couple more things then the radio server will be done then once i done that all the DJ's will recieve emails with whats happening next

10-25-2011 01:37 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

So what's happening? Is the radio starting tonight or not?

EZLN

11-01-2011 14:17 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

if it starts tonight i really need to know what software i need to download so i can do what needs to be done, im looking forward to this Big Grin

looks like it wont be tonight then, bummer

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by demonfury v2: 11-02-2011 02:04.

11-01-2011 15:49 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
TheKid
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-19-2010

RE: Ideaa!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Radio is Delaid As Lucky Has No Internet Acsess Atm I Will Be Keeping You Posteed On Whats Happening Untill He's Back

11-02-2011 10:02 TheKid is offline Search for Posts by TheKid Add TheKid to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

+1 FLOP

& +1 For spam?

11-02-2011 12:59 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

lol i didnt think this would go well / start when any date was given.

has anybody been chosen as a dj yet or has anybody actually applied does anybody know?
11-02-2011 13:39 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

flash, i know me and lucifer are dj's im sure ive been told of at least 2 more, but i cant remember

11-02-2011 13:53 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
4thtimelucky
Triple Ace

I am very sorry for the delay at moment i am writing to you in a library i lost my job so i had to cancel my broadband but i start work again tomorrow and i am going to be up and running within a week hopefully i will keeep you al updated

also to the DJS i will sort a pack out with all the programme you need as soon as my internet connection is up

BWlive is my first priority

Sorry again for inconvience

@FLASH there are 5 DJs as it stands and i will post who when i get 5 minutes i have them all wrote down at home

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by 4thtimelucky: 11-03-2011 11:35.

11-03-2011 11:34 4thtimelucky is offline Search for Posts by 4thtimelucky Add 4thtimelucky to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Ideaa!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH