Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Abuse » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Abuse
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kurosaki-Ichigo

Registration Date: 06-08-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: Night!

Abuse Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was just watching that child abuse Advert and it got me wondering.
If you see someone beating a child, obviously you going to call the police.
But the police wouldnt be able to get there within like 2 seconds,
so would you go over and stop the person by any means nessassery even if you had to hit them or be hit to get the child away from this person?

And then also the same as above except with Animal abuse instead would you help the animal or would you just wait for the police/RSPCA to come along and stop it?

08-29-2008 15:20 Kurosaki-Ichigo is offline Search for Posts by Kurosaki-Ichigo Add Kurosaki-Ichigo to your Buddy List
Evangelion
The warning machine

images/avatars/avatar-71.jpg

Registration Date: 03-01-2007
Clan: BoS

RE: Abuse Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kurosaki-Ichigo
even if you had to hit them or be hit to get the child away from this person?

Well, if I would see someone hit a child then I would get in their way and stop the person who hits the baby. If the person hits me then I hit back in self defense. I would never start hitting first.

All complaints on all the Moderators should be sent to me via

PM rules = who is who and what may be reported to whom

"Getting old is mandatory... being mature is optional"

08-29-2008 15:26 Evangelion is offline Homepage of Evangelion Search for Posts by Evangelion Add Evangelion to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Evangelion
Kurosaki-Ichigo

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kurosaki-Ichigo
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

that makes sense
iv never understood how people could ever do something like that tho
(i mean i dont understand how someone could beat a child)

08-29-2008 15:30 Kurosaki-Ichigo is offline Search for Posts by Kurosaki-Ichigo Add Kurosaki-Ichigo to your Buddy List
nelacar
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-07-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: -END-

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

id be the same as Evan.

some ppl hit children because they know they will not hit back.
kinda gives them some feeling of superiority.
08-29-2008 15:51 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
Kurosaki-Ichigo

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kurosaki-Ichigo

i guess but still its the same for hittin animals
animals give all there love and affections to there owner and then they go an beat them Frown
So, so far people are agreeing that they would step in but wouldnt hit unless the attacker hit them aswel.

08-29-2008 15:56 Kurosaki-Ichigo is offline Search for Posts by Kurosaki-Ichigo Add Kurosaki-Ichigo to your Buddy List
nelacar
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-07-2007
Clan: -END-

if i was to hit them first id be done for assault.
the only thing you can do is stand in there way and only hit back in self-defence
08-29-2008 15:58 nelacar is offline Search for Posts by nelacar Add nelacar to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

I tried to stop a guy beating up a girl once; they were girlfriend & boyfriend, and both started having a go at me instead, got a black-eye for my troubles... from the girl! Frown

The unfortunate truth of any kind of bullying is that the bully is always doing to feel superior, and if it's done enough, the bullied child/person/animal develops an acceptance to it & begins to relish the attention, even if it is damaging.

I would always try & stop it, if I saw it happening. How I would deal with it would depend on how the situation developed. I think the point of the advert (haven't actually seen it) is that you should report the person, because if you see it happening once, it probably happens regularly. The unfortunate truth of "civilized" society is that most people are only too happy to not want to get involved in situations like that. Frown

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
08-29-2008 19:21 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
dom2007

Registration Date: 12-17-2007
Clan: Source

:) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Id go over to the person hittin them and then if they hit me i would hit them back twice as hard and say "run along little kiddy" to the kid lol
nah id stop it by aymeans necessary

The air around me still feels like a cage
And love is just a camouflage
For what resembles rage again

10-04-2008 23:12 dom2007 is offline Search for Posts by dom2007 Add dom2007 to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Hmm. Well lets see.

The child situation I'd flip, i'd get in the way and try to get them to hit me so it's all legal (If I hit first I get done for armed assasult, martial arts). But the git deserves it.

Cthulu I know your pain Big Grin My crotch hurt after my similar experience, repeated kness from two people

Your imperfection.
10-07-2008 15:26 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Abuse

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH