Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » Act 3, good or bad? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Act 3, good or bad? 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
byn

images/avatars/avatar-1014.jpg

Registration Date: 11-25-2011
Race in game: Absorber

Act 3, good or bad? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Act 3 is now well up and running, so wanna see peoples thoughts on it.

upto now, just yesterday actually, 2 people ( lvl 80's) made it aware that they no longer find the game fun now there in act 3, and are considering leaving the game!!

if they find frustration = fun, then that must be what they call it.

i acctually destroyed a character 16 months ago, after playing it for around 2 years, due to the feeling that i was living a groundhog day, same crap day in, day out.

So who else is ready to call it a day after the introduction of act 3, has the sun finally risen, and vampires are gonna burn!!

Or is it the best thing since sliced bread!!

born again from the ashes;
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=32734377&key=5537a53020

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by byn: 12-11-2011 10:19.

12-11-2011 10:17 byn is offline Homepage of byn Search for Posts by byn Add byn to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of byn: Byn YIM Account Name of byn: Byn View the MSN Profile for byn
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

thats the thing. everyone assumes that because act 3 is here they will go for it straight away. Alot of smaller people should stay act 2 as it gets ALOT harder to get anywhere...

Over the past few weeks iv had 8 expo fails IN A ROW... The same thing happened with act 2 though until people started getting all that act 2 could offer. I belive its the same with act 3. Act 3 is setup so you need the evolutions to get anywhere but that takes time. With act 2 all you needed was a legendary weapon and you were good to go.

I personally like act 3 but only time will tell as it takes a long time for it to truly get going.

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

12-11-2011 10:22 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm absolutely loving act 3 to be honest. It's a new challenge away from the old stuff. I was looking to dump my character but decided to stay and see if act 3 made any change at all and it really did. It might take a while to see all the perks, but I'm loving it so far. More of a challenge. Except KotH, that's pretty annoying Tongue

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

12-11-2011 12:05 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Sapling
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-28-2011
Clan: BoS - SAN

not much difference for me to be honest....

i've always been absolutely unlucky in quests while i watch others hoard the good items and sell them for gazillions of stones.

so all in all, act 2 or act 3 i have very limited gear, and i fail most of my attacks. i think i won't be seeing the colour of my first evolution before another month maybe.

(That's on underworld).

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sapling: 12-11-2011 12:12.

12-11-2011 12:10 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
namzew

Registration Date: 03-02-2011
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: Medeas

RE: Act 3, good or bad? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Love it....something new to do. Monsters are tough though. Ran into the biggest Gold ever an hour ago...322 perc+agility...damn. But then again i am in no hurry to level upSmile

Good job I say to those people running the showSmile

IGN=The Juggernaut
12-11-2011 12:11 namzew is offline Search for Posts by namzew Add namzew to your Buddy List
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: TDK

The only thing I regret is the hydra, where the comfort zone is both in act 2 and 3, making it very difficult not to have a team with both, and only one act 3 even if only a level 65/66 makes the beasts a lot tougher.

I do not think it would be such a problem on more populated realms with clans by level, but on UK realm, it makes it that much harder for the level 60-70 to progress. (especially zith the evolution as they appear and makes ambush even harder on the act3 players for act 2 ones (as the no building effect time is not that long a problem).
12-11-2011 12:54 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: LGN

personal opinion

act3 has bought some new life into a dying game

i LOVE it

ok so things have got alot harder. but like paranoia said. its no different to when act 2 came out, you need to develop yourself and use all the new functions to your advantage and youll start to pwn things once again

ask this same question in another 3 months and i feel youll be getting many more positive responses

IGN: acidic shots
12-11-2011 13:57 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
byn

Thread Starter Thread Started by byn

quote:
Originally posted by demonfury v2
ask this same question in another 3 months and i feel youll be getting many more positive responses

no point in 3 months time, im asking now because as i stated 2 players just yesterday expressed there lack of fun from playing as from joining act 3, and could well destroy there chars, so the question is whats the first impression, is anyone else looking at burning in the sun?

quote:
Originally posted by Mlarinon
The only thing I regret is the hydra, where the comfort zone is both in act 2 and 3, making it very difficult not to have a team with both, and only one act 3 even if only a level 65/66 makes the beasts a lot tougher.

iv noticed that the boost the mobs get does seem a bit high, person running does not have badge, mobs should be smaller, act 2 increased a bit but not major, but act 3 boost makes them animals.

@ paranoia, totally agree, people need to adapt, im still not act 3 but feeling the impact of failed expo's, slowing progression.
but i also find the evo's a bit messed up, in way lvl 65 is limited options, mobs get bigger making them harder to hit and the most you can do is give them more of you to hit. act 3 evo's are good for the people who are already lvl 80+. they would prob be better lvl'd across the board so lvl 65 can use them all, and now that new patch makes them 150 to start.
at lvl 65 i would be wanting at least hardend tendons, to help me hit a lvl 70 and the increased mobs, not Absorption so they can ridicule me for longer Wink

@LucifersAngel, thats why i destroyed mine all them months ago, sheer boredom

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by byn: 12-11-2011 15:32.

12-11-2011 15:08 byn is offline Homepage of byn Search for Posts by byn Add byn to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of byn: Byn YIM Account Name of byn: Byn View the MSN Profile for byn
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

byn, have you ever heard about EDIT button? Warning for multiposting. Going to merge all your posts into single one.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
12-11-2011 15:32 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Clan: BOS + S.S.

quote:
Originally posted by byn
quote:

iv noticed that the boost the mobs get does seem a bit high, person running does not have badge, mobs should be smaller, act 2 increased a bit but not major, but act 3 boost makes them animals.

@ paranoia, totally agree, people need to adapt, im still not act 3 but feeling the impact of failed expo's, slowing progression.
but i also find the evo's a bit messed up, in way lvl 65 is limited options, mobs get bigger making them harder to hit and the most you can do is give them more of you to hit. act 3 evo's are good for the people who are already lvl 80+. they would prob be better lvl'd across the board so lvl 65 can use them all, and now that new patch makes them 150 to start.
at lvl 65 i would be wanting at least hardend tendons, to help me hit a lvl 70 and the increased mobs, not Absorption so they can ridicule me for longer Wink

Lols this is whining sorry, what is your problem with absorbtion, im level 89 almost and im getting that to level 4 before i do anything else as its a beast. More hp vs mobs in expos is beatiful.

And on no the evos actually cost less in a sense now, yes thety went up 50% but the income of points is 100% better (as long as u not to nooby to hit peopleas low as 50 ranks below u or anything higher than you. To get the 100 point evo it would have taken 100 atts, to get the 150 point evo it takes 75 atts.

And im sure theres a reason for the way the levels are on the evos, maybe to keep a goal for lower players or maybe as some of the evos are too overpowered for a level 65 against the mobs.

Stop whining about act 3, it was your choice to go there, tbh its very fun and the devs could have made it level 80+ whuich was some speculation in the forums about this but no they gave it to people as low as 65. But they did not force it on you.

My opinion is it may make mobs harder, but the mobs give a ton more xp now, a 4man can give the xp of a 2man now etc. So think when people get there evos set up how much there 2mans and solos will give.

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Foxy: 12-11-2011 15:49.

12-11-2011 15:48 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
byn

quote:
Originally posted by Foxy
quote:
Originally posted by byn
quote:

Lols this is whining sorry, what is your problem with absorbtion, im level 89 almost and im getting that to level 4 before i do anything else as its a beast. More hp vs mobs in expos is beatiful.

And on no the evos actually cost less in a sense now, yes thety went up 50% but the income of points is 100% better (as long as u not to nooby to hit peopleas low as 50 ranks below u or anything higher than you. To get the 100 point evo it would have taken 100 atts, to get the 150 point evo it takes 75 atts.

And im sure theres a reason for the way the levels are on the evos, maybe to keep a goal for lower players or maybe as some of the evos are too overpowered for a level 65 against the mobs.

Stop whining about act 3, it was your choice to go there, tbh its very fun and the devs could have made it level 80+ whuich was some speculation in the forums about this but no they gave it to people as low as 65. But they did not force it on you.

My opinion is it may make mobs harder, but the mobs give a ton more xp now, a 4man can give the xp of a 2man now etc. So think when people get there evos set up how much there 2mans and solos will give.

weres the whining??? i asked a question??? i can not be whining because im not act 3 yet!! and at lvl 89, yes 89 im sure you pretty much right up there on lvls of equipment you have compared to me, so for a lvl 65 (which i am NOT yet) just joining act 3 absorbtion is crap, and is prob good for you, dont think the mob boost is gonna effect you much in hitting, as it would a lvl 65, see my point!

and how can they be over powering, i mean is +7 agility really gonna make paranoia quake in his boots if i get it at lvl 65, and theres nothing over powering in evo's when im now meeting 280 agility gold's, like i said absorbtion just gives more of me to hit.

read the post again, no whining there! i was replying to what P said about developing evo's, as i stated i think there a bit messed up.

since when did stating an opinion become whining, wind it in!!!

the only thing you replied in relation to the original post is 'tbh its very fun' thanks, thats what i wanted to know Wink

This post has been edited 8 time(s), it was last edited by byn: 12-11-2011 16:56.

12-11-2011 16:00 byn is offline Homepage of byn Search for Posts by byn Add byn to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of byn: Byn YIM Account Name of byn: Byn View the MSN Profile for byn
mortanius
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-604.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2009
Clan: WOLF

Act 3 has been a bad deal for Me as I lost a lot of hit-points and a few of My weapons have now lost their value due to not boosting H P as much.
And I am ambushed every hour and a half so I have no resources to do anything with.

I also thought the bigger players would hit higher now they need the evolution points .But they still go for Me even though I don't give them the 2 evo points or any resources .

So I will probably be deleting My character next year when My premium runs out.

12-11-2011 19:59 mortanius is offline Search for Posts by mortanius Add mortanius to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 10-27-2011

why would you delete a character you've played for years? ...take a break, even if it's for a year ...go into vacation mode repeatedly ...but don't delete your characters ...you can always come back after the frustration wears off ...you won't have to start from scratch (again, byn)

anyway, i was afraid to play in Underworld just from reading threads on this forum ...and i'm actually pleasantly surprised at how much better UW is compared to Necro ...but my point is: give Act III a chance before you quit ...don't jump in an arena if you aren't strong enough to win ...don't blame the game for your failures ...blame yourself for advancing too soon with an underdeveloped vampire ...Act III is only "bad" (difficult) if you move into the Act prematurely

...if you like/love this game, you should already know preparation is important & very boring ...you want to see the new stuff because you feel entitled, being a long-time (premium) player and all ...you deserve to play around and win in Act III because you've put a lot of time and money into Blood Wars

...but don't quit Wink

edit:
and it baffles me how anyone below level 85, maybe below 75-80 depending on your build/equipment, would think they're ready for Act III ...you can't move into Act II until level 50 ...what makes you think you're tough enough to be in Act III if you're not a high-level (85+) vampire?

IGN: Son Of Sin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Son of Sin: 12-12-2011 10:23.

12-12-2011 08:55 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
darkacid

images/avatars/avatar-962.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009

Act 3, good or bad?

definitely GOOD.... loads of new options ... even new solutions for different tattoos "example absorber snipers AK now rly rox"... definitely more fun... go for it
///considering most ppl say... i should waited before changing to act3...or say WAIT in general.... personally i don't think it's good advice...

reasons:

...EVO's take lot of time to develop and u want to slow down slow process ... i say bad idea

>>>EXPO<<<
- sure mobs get stronger...but they get more XP....
old "before patch" golem 2man expo XP = XP 4 man expo act3
- harder to hit sure... but u can go from hydra back to red while u get few more evos "u wont lose XP from expo u get it more now Smile "
- last but not least dont forget mixing act 1 2 3 players get u harder mobs "so if u cant hit dont mix...if u can mix it and get more XP"

>>>attacks<<<
most of player giving advices are premium players .... but they didn't notice something that non premium players did... it's not only they progress slower ... now it's harder to fight....coz evos are power full....1 evo difference is a big deal....not to mention 2...3...4... etc

for example 2 ppl same gear "1 premium other not" with 2-3 evo's difference u have absolutely no chance - works same if u delay going to act3

more u wait more u gonna suffer and most probably will never catch up Roll Eyes

>>>quests<<<
more chance to get legendary - no need to comment there

as for ppl with no REAL luck "like me"... well u got used to get nothing.... why start whining now "but we all know how this thread Trophy Hall can piss us off / delete it Pleased "

PS
KOH - ahh well once u get it to higher lvl "your optimum lvl" it isnt that hard Big Grin

nick in game:darkacid

Necropolis looking for:
2xperfect demons
good ring/signet/bracelet of blood
good Shamanistic mask

Underworld looking for:
12-12-2011 10:23 darkacid is offline Search for Posts by darkacid Add darkacid to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

@darkacid ...anyone complaining or has already quit weren't going to catch up ...the best place for them is Act II, plain & simple ...just because you have the option to advance doesn't mean you're prepared or will gain more stats in a higher Act ...non-premium players probably shouldn't leave Act I until they're 60+ in levels, not the minimum level 50

if you've failed 50+% of your quests, fights, etc ...you shouldn't advance at the recommended levels ...add 10-20 levels to the minimum

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Son of Sin: 12-12-2011 10:33.

12-12-2011 10:32 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
darkacid

images/avatars/avatar-962.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2009

quote:
Originally posted by Son of Sin
non-premium players probably shouldn't leave Act I until they're 60+ in levels, not the minimum level 50

i say u are so mistaken...... not changing to act2 is big mistake

gunners - legendary ... they couldnt hit nothing beyond black and after they can
sniper - legen extra attack "meaning double dmg"
2h melle extra chance to hit

"talking about normal players - not extra lucky Tongue "

dont forget races bonus....searing "especially Smile "/majesty/extra attack/luck-crit/.....
---------------------------------------------
same deal is going to act3.... just it takes some time it doesnt happen right away like with arcana...but other then that it's same deal

nick in game:darkacid

Necropolis looking for:
2xperfect demons
good ring/signet/bracelet of blood
good Shamanistic mask

Underworld looking for:
12-12-2011 10:42 darkacid is offline Search for Posts by darkacid Add darkacid to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

i don't know anything about Act II, legendary, etc ...all i'm saying is if Act I is/was difficult for you, Act II and III will be harder ...so don't set yourself up for more failure for a small chance to find better equipment

shouldn't you have the maximum level of parameters before you advance? ...i mean, the max. is there for a reason ...and equipment boost your stats ...but if you're a player who doesn't trade, you're screwed ...right?

i don't want to get off-topic ...all i'm saying is ...being bored in Act II doesn't mean you should advance to Act III ...

12-12-2011 10:56 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

well to begin with act 3 isnt completed yet we still waiting for the new tasks.

act 3 so far is good.

I think best time to do act would be now yeah you cant buy the evo you want because of lvl but just think how many evo points you could save up waiting for that lvl.

the increase in the mobs is good we havent ran out as fast so at the same time the rez cost havent gone up as fast and we get more exp for taking bigger teams since small teams make huge mobs with ignore def and stupid stats

all good so far cant wait for tasks just wish nite of the seeker would show its self I want to know what it does
12-12-2011 11:22 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
sparxs
Double Ace

Registration Date: 04-11-2008
Clan: Dark

bit of a silly question tbh ppl i mean think about it.. whos wants to keep doing the same thing over and over again, who wants nothing new to happen?... when something new comes to the game its making people play more, its making people want to do things to thier account again instead of just expos all the time its deffly a good thing

its a good thing, new things to do like king of the king like darc has said mobs are lasting longer and regen stayed cheap for longer which is a good thing.. also with the mobs harder to beat there always free ones laying around at times Wink ...

also the evo points is a good thing something to look farward to do and to get..

the clan buildings are fun and new.. i mean look at what the chapel does.. everyone wants more chance to upgrade to perfect ?
( sorry mate the clan that dont want this just yet apart from a few )

i mean how nice is it ? (chapel)
Effects: increases the chance of successful when upgrading items by 20 % and items will never be destroyed. Works only for items level: Good +5

only thing that bugs me about act three is that its made prices in auction go through the roof..

i mean how badly did this two or three ppl want this item?
Diamond Ring (+3) 17 0 / 0 / 0 / 1 / 13 2011-12-07
11:22:12

it did get called off yeah but its still mad to think..

but overall act three is good
12-12-2011 12:11 sparxs is offline Search for Posts by sparxs Add sparxs to your Buddy List
byn

@mortanius, so your another un-impressed, that makes 3 in 4 days then, so not everyone so impressed at the moment.
i think the way value has been wiped off items is unlucky, but it has stopped/hampered the bunker set up, which i think it was aimed at doing, i did have in the past with old character, but will now not go for now, it has made people look again at there defence set ups, which i think is good for the game.

quote:
why would you delete a character you've played for years? ...take a break, even if it's for a year ...go into vacation mode repeatedly ...but don't delete your characters ...you can always come back after the frustration wears off ...you won't have to start from scratch (again, byn)

i really did not think i would come back and play again, just bored one day and decided to see were people were upto, and with the knowledge i have for the game i was lvl 50 in 54 days, and 3 months 18 days im lvl 61 so hasnt took long to get a character back a bit, only stayed playing to see if act 3 was introduced and what it was like.

@darkacid, agree with just about everything you say, to progress you must go act 3 as soon as, building up evo's sooner is better than later

quote:
Originally posted by darkacid
quote:
non-premium players probably shouldn't leave Act I until they're 60+ in levels, not the minimum level 50

i say u are so mistaken...... not changing to act2 is big mistake

gunners - legendary ... they couldnt hit nothing beyond black and after they can
sniper - legen extra attack "meaning double dmg"
2h melle extra chance to hit

"talking about normal players - not extra lucky Tongue "

dont forget races bonus....searing "especially Smile "/majesty/extra attack/luck-crit/.....

totally agree act 2 needs to be moved into as soon as lvl 50 reached, too much to gain rather than lose.

quote:
i don't know anything about Act II, legendary, etc ...all i'm saying is if Act I is/was difficult for you, Act II and III will be harder ...so don't set yourself up for more failure for a small chance to find better equipment

shouldn't you have the maximum level of parameters before you advance? ...i mean, the max. is there for a reason ...and equipment boost your stats ...but if you're a player who doesn't trade, you're screwed ...right?

i don't want to get off-topic ...all i'm saying is ...being bored in Act II doesn't mean you should advance to Act III ...

act 2 offers like i said above, in my opinion too much to wait on, and because people were bored, act 3 was introduced, so being bored with act 2 is the whole reason for going to act 3.

but were going off topic a bit there, again 3 people in les than 4 days have said there looking at quiting due to act 3, and these are players with a lot of BW game time in.

anyone else, is it good, or is it bad, upto now it looks all good Wink

i just think, not WHINING, that evo's should be available to all at intro lvl 65, you didnt join act 2 and have to wait 10 lvl's for searing blood!!

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by byn: 12-12-2011 15:27.

12-12-2011 15:21 byn is offline Homepage of byn Search for Posts by byn Add byn to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of byn: Byn YIM Account Name of byn: Byn View the MSN Profile for byn
Mlarinon
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-157.jpg

Registration Date: 01-27-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: TDK

quote:
i don't know anything about Act II, legendary, etc ...all i'm saying is if Act I is/was difficult for you, Act II and III will be harder ...so don't set yourself up for more failure for a small chance to find better equipment shouldn't you have the maximum level of parameters before you advance? ...i mean, the max. is there for a reason ...and equipment boost your stats ...but if you're a player who doesn't trade, you're screwed ...right? i don't want to get off-topic ...all i'm saying is ...being bored in Act II doesn't mean you should advance to Act III ...

Act 2 is great for absorber, before their arcana was more or less useless, now they have a good one for expo, and can block any one point arcana (extra attack, horror)

Cultist get searing blood which can relatively not be blocked before going against really tough mobs (in the level 80+ optimum ones).

Beasmaster gets extra attack in melee

Toughtcatcher gets more HP in expedition, and steal the thunder from oponents in ambush.

Horror is a one way ticket into any ambush (paying attention that in UW realm, there is no pop penalty if you are under optimu level in expo)
12-12-2011 15:34 Mlarinon is offline Homepage of Mlarinon Search for Posts by Mlarinon Add Mlarinon to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Underworld » Act 3, good or bad?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH