Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Necropolis » Game imbalance .. the strong get stronger, the weak get the shaft » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Game imbalance .. the strong get stronger, the weak get the shaft 11 Votes - Average Rating: 3.4511 Votes - Average Rating: 3.4511 Votes - Average Rating: 3.45
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Erstwhile

Registration Date: 04-07-2011

Game imbalance .. the strong get stronger, the weak get the shaft Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The game is horribly out of balance. PLEASE comment on this post.

Skill boosting items and skills boosted by longevity in the game dominate all else -- along with folks years into the game forming their own clan that can prey on folks many many levels below.

New clan buildings merely further entrench the already powerful clans .. offering no real benefit to lower clans (even if the do boast 3 or 4 members at 65 / 66 levels.

I fail to see how "square protection" will ever help a lowly defending clan.

15 additional hit points?! what value is that to anyone.

The only way I see to balance it is to reduce how much "beneath oneself" one can initiate a siege (or join a siege initiated by your clan).

Have I missed something?

Erstwhile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Erstwhile: 12-17-2011 16:40.

12-17-2011 16:11 Erstwhile is offline Search for Posts by Erstwhile Add Erstwhile to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BOS + S.S.

RE: Game imbalance .. the strong get stronger, the weak get the shaft Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes you missed the part where bigger players are bigger. Thats the point, if a level 1 is the same str as a level 100 what is the point playing the game for a long time to get there?

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
12-17-2011 16:48 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Erstwhile

Thread Starter Thread Started by Erstwhile
Didn't miss the point Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't mind bigger players and clans gaining strength

Just morph them into a place where they compete amongst "like strength" ....

Just gaining dominance over all others is akin to bullying.

Consider wrestling (the sport not the show) -- there are weight classes that provide for great competition.

then think about the current bloodwars model -- the 200 pound wrestlers are given a banquet and then sent out to wrestle against the 107 pound opponents.

12-17-2011 16:52 Erstwhile is offline Search for Posts by Erstwhile Add Erstwhile to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I tried to not comment on this after reading but i just cant help it..

Are you really trying to tell me that after years of playing this game they should be the same as somebody who has been here for 5 minutes? Serious question..

Your saying its not fair if somebody starts the game in ActI has no items and no knowledge and no clan.. how else do you progress in a game?
12-17-2011 16:54 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Erstwhile

Missing the point Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am NOT advocating that "big, long-term" players should be on a par with the newbie that joined yesterday.

Just that they should not be allowed to spend all their time beating up on the youngsters who cannot put up an effective (or even chancy ) defense.

The only "protection" in the game today is the "70%" rule . but this does not provide balance.

Let's let the big get bigger and bigger for all the "real life" time they have put into the game instead of doing other things.

Then let's let them compete with other great players and clans like themselves.

.. and leave some room for new folk to grow in the game too.

12-17-2011 17:25 Erstwhile is offline Search for Posts by Erstwhile Add Erstwhile to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm over 1,000 points and the lowest i can attack is about 120 points.

But this is how the game grows, when your up this high and you have 0 blood because your getting attacked 2 times a day by alot higher players then you'll understand why the bigger players have to go down lower to survive.
12-17-2011 17:28 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

I think Flash just hit the nail on the head. It is usually a resource demand that forces bigger players to attack smaller - especially when new patches that introduce higher demand for resources are introduced; but resource production levels are not increased.

However, I also appreciate Erstwhile's pov - being on the recieving end of "bullying" is a bit demoralising for new players. Unfortunatetly, that is the way the game is designed & the way that the majority of long term players like it, otherwise there would not be any long term players.

So, you either have to just get on with it, or quit. Your choice really, it is only a game after all; not really the end of the world if it is a little imbalanced is it? Wink

** additional - forgot to say, because moaning about it to the Devs is not gonna change a thing; just spend an hour reading some of the previous threads on imbalance, etc, and see how many times our cries were answered, or things were changed. Smile

pps - no offence BW Dev Team, I think you are great, awesome, cool & all that other bs. However, your actual desire to build a game that people wanna get any enjoyment from, is sometimes a little questionable. Tongue

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 12-17-2011 17:38.

12-17-2011 17:34 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
brundlefly
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-24-2010
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: bunnies

erstwhile...dont take this the wrong way buddy...but u remember when i joined ADX and i was a smaller than u....in a period of less than a year and hardly any premium i made it to where i am now..

if u cannot take constant farming of higher players then u have to get stronger..no two ways about it.

the best way for this is expos ...they need to b started and joined religiously as well as attcking people as high up as possible to gain max xp..

and quests need to b done to hopefully drop something good (and for xp too)

since act 3 has come out im gettng farmed by people in the top 10 but its just the way the game goes....after all its called blood 'wars'....

i just have to get stronger and work out ways to evade the bullies.

one of the main reasons i left adx was cos of the lack of expos....altho i really liked the people there...

as a clan u just need to b more strategic and figure out ways for people to grow stronger and work together.

after all all the best people cant b in the same clan as the z3 capacity so people will spread...

try and exploit the game for its weaknesses.if u ever need any advice send me a message in game and id always help ya.
12-17-2011 17:36 brundlefly is offline Search for Posts by brundlefly Add brundlefly to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 10-27-2011

i just joined ADX and the atmosphere is great (or better than what i was used to in Enclave because of inactivity) but i've just gotten to the level to do expos, so that point is a bit pointless...

anyway, on-topic ...the clan buildings won't really make smaller clans stronger (against bigger clans, ofc) ...maybe just stronger against slightly stronger clans w/o enough high-level members to build clan buildings as fast as a weaker clan...

point is (and this point isn't pointless) ...what ruins this game are alliances (between the biggest/bigger clans) ...or "bodyguards" for weak clans ...these bodyguards protect weak clans, therefore the clans in the middle/bottom have no one to siege, unless the middle/bottom clans don't have alliances ...but they also have "bad squares", so to besiege them is really a waste...

eliminate alliances ...pit 1 clan against another clan without the stronger players switching clans during sieges ...and maybe fairness will prevail

IGN: Son Of Sin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Son of Sin: 12-17-2011 17:59.

12-17-2011 17:57 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
brundlefly
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-24-2010
Clan: bunnies

im gonna say this a big clearer....

big clan are 'big clans' becoz they worked to where they are now and it took time and effort...

i assume erstwhile is bitter as ADX have lost z3s to 'big clans' and feel that they cant do a thing and the clan buildings will seperate the gap further....

if this is this case i will repeat what i said in my previous post....

u need to get stronger...get appliances....recruit....do expos etc etc...grow grow grow and become a big clan urself
12-17-2011 18:31 brundlefly is offline Search for Posts by brundlefly Add brundlefly to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

hey brundlefly, i agree w/ you ...and as a new ADX recruit ...i've noticed ~10 people starting expos when we can ...but maybe everyone do not have (enough) honour points and/or people to start an expo at least once a week...

i can't speak for Erstwhile but i don't think Erstwhile is "bitter" ...just thinks the clan building(s) [Rune Fortress] is useless ...and i share that opinion.

"pick on someone your own size" is the quote for this thread ...my "stupid" idea would be for clans to siege their predecessor or successor ...and if you get "too strong" for other clans to beat you ...well, take a break to allow other clans to "catch up"

#1 attacks #2 ...#2 attacks #1 or #3 ...#3 attacks #2 or #4 ...etc

or only attack clans 3- ranks lower/higher than you

#1's range #2,3,4
#2's range #1,3,4,5
etc

no alliances ...only "fair" wars ...win, lose, draw

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Son of Sin: 12-17-2011 18:50.

12-17-2011 18:47 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
Erstwhile

POV is being MISREAD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am talking about sieges .. taking over in-effect defenseless clan's SQUARES

"farming" is a different subject and NOT part of my discussion.

Now as part of many gaming systems (and some real life situations) one often wants to have reasonable competitiveness in order to actually have some form of accomplishment. Of course in this game you can "play it safe" and ensure that all possible competition is part of your clan so you don't face any.

What I keep seeing in replies to these posts is a form of
"I have been here longer so I deserve to takeover whatever I can . even from folks who have absolutely no chance to defend. I don't care about competitiveness .. I just deserve it all."

Well maybe this game system encourages you to feel that way.

Maybe .. since you of longer life here seem to say so .. the game designer's like it that way.

Maybe this is a long running psychological experiment into how bullying is embraced, tolerated and justified.

Why don't we consider changing that?!

We players could put into play our OWN rules about the strong sieging to take over squares from the weak. What such "fair minded" suggestions would you have over who can initiate or join a siege against a lower level player's square?

Erstwhile

12-17-2011 19:36 Erstwhile is offline Search for Posts by Erstwhile Add Erstwhile to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

Yeah. This is a polish government spy game. To test the effects of Internet bullying..

Come on. Your clearly just upset about losing a square / squares. The longer your here the more you will understand the mechanics of the game. I don't like being sieged by people I have no chance against but it happens everywhere in life ( if your going down this route )

Nature picks on the weak to survive. Animals fight every day in the wild to take land ( squares ) and if they can't do it they get back up ( seiges )

Humans fight everyday for the same as above. We as humans have evolved to survive and take out the weak.

But this isn't real. It's a game. Right?
12-17-2011 19:47 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

yeah and similar to in the wild ...weaker/most sought after animals can/will become endangered species thanks to predators/(pouchers)

in this case ...most (98-99%) clans will become endangered or too weak to advance into z3, z2, z1 ...smaller/weaker clans allied w/ the strongest clan(s) will mostly be in z4 to push the middle clans into z5 ...and that kills the game because now the only active clans are allies that siege "for fun" ...like a mature lioness training a "teen" lioness in combat when most, if not all, of the prey in their territory is dead.

Edit 1:
stupid analogy because i can't compare nature vs this b.s.

the solutions arent "get stronger" ..."earn more xp" ...be real ...sure, if the point leaders in weak clans (top 3 players in 40 weak clans) make 1 giant clan, maybe they'll become a force to be reckoned with ...but guess what, they won't fight against the top dog ...they'll bite their former clan mates to death

the solution is loyalty ...if you leave a clan to join a stronger clan, don't join a siege ...don't help bully ppl you've probably called your friends when you were in a clan together

"cry me a river", i know

Edit 2:
#OccupyBwNecro ...the stronger will continue to get stronger like the wealthy continue to get wealthy ...unless the weaker/poorer do something like force the system to change ...i don't think i can protest on this forum ...so if you've lived anywhere in the world where there's a drastic imbalance, you know what needs to be done...

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Son of Sin: 12-17-2011 20:24.

12-17-2011 20:09 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
Paranoia
tHeY'Re WatChInG mE!

images/avatars/avatar-147.gif

Registration Date: 12-01-2007
Clan: HERP-DERP

right... iv been lurking long enough...

As I was told many years ago now when i was little... If you cannot hold it you dont deserve it.

everyone was little at some point and yes I have been on the receiving end of people that wanted my square....

As a clan you grow... yes the bigger clans grow faster but the upgrades they can do are MINISCULE....

If you grow together then you will be able to defend better squares etc.

HLL are able to hold our squares against pretty much everyone. was it always this way ? HELL NO.

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
Give up. Paranoia clearly destroyed your argument.

get used to it, I'm good at it

Smile

12-17-2011 20:11 Paranoia is offline Search for Posts by Paranoia Add Paranoia to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

I remember when there was war on this server when I was in C.O.S by E.O.D they was no chance we could defend ourselfs its part of the game.

even without clan buildings a really strong clan could take your sqaure with the buildings at least you stand a chance if a slightly stronger clan seiges you and my experince on the beta showed the buildings working really well.
12-17-2011 20:56 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Malle8398
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-927.jpg

Registration Date: 03-10-2010
Clan: KhOrNe/BC

Just like Flash i have tried to avoid comment here but i need to say something now..
And I will try and be as friendly as possible even if this thread rubbs me the wrong way.

you say that you see replies that says and i quote: I have been here longer so I deserve to takeover whatever I can.

But what i see is posts that says: Im new here so i dont want to putt the same time and effort in playing the game as all the rest have done for so many years..

This is how it allways have been and we all have gone thru it but now when you guys have started a some what "new" clan this is wrong and unbalanced and needs to change only becaus of you... really? thats balance to you? haha...

also you stated in you first post that: New clan buildings merely further entrench the already powerful clans .. offering no real benefit to lower clans (even if the do boast 3 or 4 members at 65 / 66 levels.

First of all your not big enough Erstwhile to have played on beta server to have tried out clan buildings at the fullest so you have basicly no idea what you are talking about there.
I for 1 have been on necro beta and tested when all buildings was at max lvl and this is acctually something that works really good... and my clan wasent a top clan there. moore like 10-15th place, and we could take on clans 5 lvls higher as long as we used right tactics..

Second, the devs didnt give us clan buildings so YOU can become as strong as the top clans, its here becaus its a way to make seiges moore fun and exiting and also to be able to go with diffrent tactics in war times.. so i say it again its not here to only make YOU stronger... Its here to benefit us all, not a few...

as i have said before to memebers in your clan, you should have tried to make some alliances with stronger clans, that way you would have been a bit safer then you are now. but the replies i got was that you didnt want alliances and wanted to stand on your own two legs, and if that is the case then in my eyes you have no right in complaining when bigger clans seige you...
And thats not server being unbalanced thats you making a choice thats come back to bite you in the bottom...

But you know what? why not come back to this thread in a year or 2 and see if you will still agree on "anything" you have written here today. And if you do then we might have a topic to talk about...

but to finish this off as i have gone on way moore then i expected Tongue
The way i see it is that its supposed to be hard when you are a low lvl player thats what seperates the boys from the men.. and im not talking about age but the mentality of players..

Underworld: Gravedigga

***Hunter S. Thompson 1937-2005***

May your soul rest in peace
12-17-2011 22:28 Malle8398 is offline Search for Posts by Malle8398 Add Malle8398 to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

don't let this thread get buried ...speak your minds "little people" (those in small/weaker clans)...

so the way i see it ...either make a pact with the devil(s) or get burned ...hmm, i'd rather get burned ...no clan should have to conform to enjoy Blood Wars ...all of you major top guns who want to siege other clans everyday should siege each other ...how is a war game fun if you know you're going to win?

12-19-2011 19:55 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

Because you know your not going to die?! Who the hell goes into a war saying I'm 100% goin to die but that's fun..

If your guaranteed to win a war that's a bonus and there's nothing to worry about. But it's not a war is it. It's a game. You can do alot to prevent things. But your. It going to. Your all going to complain in a topic I stead of playing the game and actually trying to sort stuff out
12-19-2011 20:01 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

oh, i'm not complaining ...just giving my opinion ...i personally would rather lose wars than to depend on a bigger, stronger clan to protect or help my clan ...but that's just me ...i can't speak for ADX, only myself

12-19-2011 20:10 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
darc
Viking

Registration Date: 01-17-2008

should this even be in game system.

look your small deal with it you dont like the politics of this game then dont play just dont complain because us big guys are too big for you to take down ok.

take it to screaming room I think this should be closed
12-19-2011 20:27 darc is offline Search for Posts by darc Add darc to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

I don't think the thread should be closed - it is a reasonable discussion. However, may be should be moved.

On point; you are complaining, but that is ok. It is a game, & usually rules can be influenced through discussion & reasonable complaint... sometimes.

But I would also say that is not just a "war game". It is a strategy game and a role playing game. And in fact, in all of those game genres you must enter into the field of politics. I have never be great with diplomacy, but if I have learnt that if you don't make any alliances in this game, you will not survive as a clan. You will become weakened by other clans constantly picking on you, which will mean that you will also lose members, because no-one wants to be a part of a weak clan.
If you want to run a clan in a "war game" then I suggest you learn how the politics of war actually work - you think real wars are fought without the use of allies??

Anyway, this is the last comment of mine on this thread because, not only are you not listening to people who the experience of years of playing it; but I suspect you are also not really willing to listen anyone because (as pointed out previously by someone else) you have already decided the game is in-balanced before you have given a really good try. This game is all about longevity - vampires live for a very long time - you only acquire power with time & experience - so why not play the game a little longer before standing in judgment?

Good luck. Wink

HBS

ENCHANTMENT

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Cthulhu: 12-19-2011 20:57.

12-19-2011 20:50 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

does anyone play the violin ...i'm about to tell a very short story ...and the moral of the story is: do not let anyone fight your battles for you

my older brother ...who's 3 years older, taller and bigger/stronger than i am ...fought a few dudes who bullied me because i was short & skinny ...and when i was about 14, my brother decided he'd teach me a lesson ...he knocked me out, literally ...i was unconscious ...he beat me up every time i ran home crying, telling him some fat kid punched me...

so how does this relate to all of this b.s. going on in BW ...well, your big, strong brother can always turn against you ...without the small, weak clans who aren't accepting the way you guys play ...Necro would crumble and alliances will fold ...and the very clan protecting you now will be bullying you later ...because at the end of the day you're still a weak little brother depending on your big brother's strength ...which makes you a pawn in this game.

12-20-2011 07:51 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

Dude.. I think you have issues which aren't just bw related .. Serious post.

Iv played both servers and never felt like a pawn. Even when I very first started. I'm with cthulhu on this one also. You won't listen and have already decided what you think so good luck with it. Because its going to get you nowhere.

Play the game instead of complaining. Or simply don't log on anymore. 2 choices both are straight to the point. Everybody complains about thr game but we all still play it which means they are doing something right.
12-20-2011 09:04 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Clan: Source

quote:
Originally posted by Son of Sin
oh, i'm not complaining ...just giving my opinion ...i personally would rather lose wars than to depend on a bigger, stronger clan to protect or help my clan ...but that's just me ...i can't speak for ADX, only myself

Cutting your nose off to spite your face gets you nowhere especially in this game. Rejecting the help of bigger clans so you can one man army your way through and lose you square that you've worked hard for, it's your choice.
And yes, the strong get stronger, but anyone with an iq higher than that of a peanut can get stronger, certain people have flown through the rankings, take foxy for example (sorry if you object foxy). He was nobody, a "few" lucky finds later, and asking the right people for help, look at where he is now. The weak don't get shafted, the ignorant and the proud get shafted.

EDIT: are you kazgaroth reincarnated???

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by smierc: 12-20-2011 10:57.

12-20-2011 09:56 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

you're all right ...i "complain" but that's my prerogative ...and no i will not listen ...i don't care about how long you all have played or your tactics ...i will continue to be against you all's antics and respectfully voice my opinion(s) ...you guys are weak, followers and pawns as i said ...attack me, i don't care ... my ID is in my signature ...show me what you're made of, send your little recruits to my z4 square ...train them, teach them how to be followers ...control your low-level clan members ...they're spineless like you were when you were at their level ...running to the best clan for membership

i have issues ...i'm an addict ...i don't sleep ...i get banned from forums for going against the "veteran players" who say i'm trolling because i disagree w/ them & won't ...listen ...(edit:same not some) same things you've said here ..."be like us" ..."join a small clan, use their luck and join us later when you have 100 points" ..."siege your former comrades to prove you're loyal to this clan, not your former clan" ...smh

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Son of Sin: 12-20-2011 10:50.

12-20-2011 10:49 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

Then if you don't care and won't listen I declare this thread to be shut as your now wasting everybody's time.

We've tried to help yet you just think we're conforming. No we are playing a game.
12-20-2011 10:55 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
smierc
Double Ace

images/avatars/avatar-608.png

Registration Date: 10-24-2009
Clan: Source

quote:
you're all right ...i "complain" but that's my prerogative ...and no i will not listen ...i don't care about how long you all have played or your tactics ...i will continue to be against you all's antics and respectfully voice my opinion(s) ...you guys are weak, followers and pawns as i said ...attack me, i don't care ... my ID is in my signature ...show me what you're made of, send your little recruits to my z4 square ...train them, teach them how to be followers ...control your low-level clan members ...they're spineless like you were when you were at their level ...running to the best clan for membership

i have issues ...i'm an addict ...i don't sleep ...i get banned from forums for going against the "veteran players" who say i'm trolling because i disagree w/ them & won't ...listen ...(edit:same not some) same things you've said here ..."be like us" ..."join a small clan, use their luck and join us later when you have 100 points" ..."siege your former comrades to prove you're loyal to this clan, not your former clan" ...smh

most bigger clans are willing to take on smaller players, a message to the leader or deputy, and showing your willingness to progress, they'll help you all that they can.

It was inevitable since GT joined the discussion Big Grin

12-20-2011 10:58 smierc is offline Search for Posts by smierc Add smierc to your Buddy List
Miggymop

Registration Date: 06-02-2009
Clan: Khorne

quote:

Lol...sorry for laughing..but you remind me of my daughter. She is 4 years old and act as you do when she don't get what she wants Big Grin . Choosing not to see the obvius and choosing to be the martyr...a real drama queen Wink

Back to topic...

The most importante thing is that this is just a game. If it makes you feel bad or you see some social patter here that you can't be part of...just quit.

Everybody of the "big ones" has been new born BW babies not so long ago so we all remember how it was. It was not so bad that you paint it for us. I think the main problem here is not the game or the people in it. If you see the world through the eyes of a paranoid the world will be paranoid. Get some sleep and rise and shine with a smile on your face and all will be much better.

As for the balance of the game...to be honest...it really does not matter. With or without act 3 the bigger clans could bully the smaller clan as good. But I can't really see that happen so often...to be honest...I have never been part of that type of siege. And also the part of that big ones telling the smaller people what to do....please...even in a clan people at the same level team up in groups to mange expos and tasks by them self. Maybe I'm missing something here. Maybe I'm one naive happy bastard (and been from the start) and you the opposite...the one thinking all is pitch black.

turn on - tune in - drop out
12-20-2011 12:07 Miggymop is offline Search for Posts by Miggymop Add Miggymop to your Buddy List
Mocny

images/avatars/avatar-623.jpg

Registration Date: 08-11-2009
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: [S.S]

There is a simple recipe:

Settings---->Delete character---->Enter account password----> your problems and complaints disappeared

nick: Najja
id: 3819
12-20-2011 12:54 Mocny is offline Search for Posts by Mocny Add Mocny to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

don't shut Erstwhile's thread because of me ...delete my posts and give me a warning or whatever it is that you're here to do

yea, i whine ...i'm dramatic ...i'm a spoiled brat ...i'm a 19 year old baby ...hence the name "Son of Sin" not "Man of Sin" ...and i actually enjoy playing BW ...it's you guys i don't like ...you're attitude towards anyone who doesn't like the "politics" as someone mentioned ...we shouldn't "have to" go with the crowd and align ourselves to be "safe" or have a fighting chance ...1 clan vs 1 clan w/o anyone joining or switching clans for sieges ...why are alliances necessary? so what if a clan can beat you to a pulp ...why call for reinforcement? it's just a game ...someone will beat you and you will beat someone else ...if i'm complaining about anything, it's the "advice" you're putting out there for all clans ...find a big brother to protect you from another clan's big brother ...wooo so fun ...fight my battles while i build a stronger clan ...yay, so fun ...protect my little clan while we do expos and level up to build clan buildings ...we need you so badly, we can't win a siege w/o you big bro ...please send the big guns to us, we don't want to lose our squares to a clan that's not affiliated with any of the top 10 clans

and for the record, i don't want to quit ...if the forum wasn't so bad, i would pay more attention to the game ...but you guys are removed ..."do it our way or quit" ..."don't complain...delete your character if you have a problem with a system that's been this way since moria or whatever it's called" lol you guys are also forum bullies ...wow, check yourselves ...take a break from BW

warning for offence
Clemenza

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Son of Sin: 12-20-2011 14:27.

12-20-2011 14:21 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
Miggymop

Registration Date: 06-02-2009
Clan: Khorne

You dont lika ALL of us...my

Well..now you are being childish. You are the one attacking people here with a lot of attitude cos you think they act wrong.

Well...do what you want...you are not seeking friends...thats for sure

Case closed for me.

turn on - tune in - drop out
12-20-2011 16:23 Miggymop is offline Search for Posts by Miggymop Add Miggymop to your Buddy List
byn

images/avatars/avatar-1014.jpg

Registration Date: 11-25-2011

quote:
does anyone play the violin ...i'm about to tell a very short story ...and the moral of the story is: do not let anyone fight your battles for you

my older brother ...who's 3 years older, taller and bigger/stronger than i am ...fought a few dudes who bullied me because i was short & skinny ...and when i was about 14, my brother decided he'd teach me a lesson ...he knocked me out, literally ...i was unconscious ...he beat me up every time i ran home crying, telling him some fat kid punched me...

so how does this relate to all of this b.s. going on in BW ...well, your big, strong brother can always turn against you ...without the small, weak clans who aren't accepting the way you guys play ...Necro would crumble and alliances will fold ...and the very clan protecting you now will be bullying you later ...because at the end of the day you're still a weak little brother depending on your big brother's strength ...which makes you a pawn in this game.

instead of knocking you out, why didnt he just teach you to look after yourself, instead of teaching you to hide problems or you get whooped at home as well!! nice bro Frown

in life there is always stronger and better, i box, and in boxing we have world champions, if i got in the ring with a klitschko brother i would get my ass whooped, why, because there bigger and i dont like to admit it, but they are prob better Tongue

you need to learn the game, the best way to progress and grow, we all get owned in it, blod #1 on UW gets owned by players lower than him, yes lower, so its not all one sided.

yes it will prob take a miricle for you to become the strongest because of long term players, but a awfull lot of big players have left over the years, so your lucky your small clan has z3 squares, if all them were still about, there would be more big clans with more wanting there allocation of squares.

there is an imbalance, but such is the game, and anyone starting it must know and understand. but yet they still play

if anything it sounds more like your ego has been hurt

after over 2 years playing i left for over 12 months and destroyed character, iv been back for 4 months im lvl 62, and i think im slow growth at the mo, by using the right tactics available to you, you can grow at a masive rate if you want, and at least start to mix it with the best, some people out grow clans thats why they leave and go to bigger clans, as some one commented earlier, you clan is a slow grower

anyway iv forgot my point, if i hav'nt got it across yet, so im off haha Big Grin

and it is just a GAME, dont buy monopoly.

born again from the ashes;
http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=32734377&key=5537a53020

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by byn: 12-20-2011 18:11.

12-20-2011 17:30 byn is offline Homepage of byn Search for Posts by byn Add byn to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of byn: Byn YIM Account Name of byn: Byn View the MSN Profile for byn
Creed
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 02-24-2009
Clan: BoS

Ok, so ive read all of the posts here, had many a laugh at how narrow mind some of the post have been.. But to be ontopic now.

Firstly, the game has been playing for what 5-6 years? (sorry if im wrong, ive been here just over 4 years) and politics will ALWAYS be part of a game, like it or not there is no getting away from it. If you look harder politics is everywhere, it maybe in work, school, the local sports team, your group of mates some form of politics is ALWAYS there. So either you learn the other part of the game, the politics game, or you choose to ignore it but you dont whine and complain about it, 2 simple choices and no im not saying im quit im saying quit moaning.

Secondly, what gives you the right to tell others how to play the game? Im part of BoS on UW (sorry dont play Necro as personally not my cup of tea) and your saying we can only seige HLL? maybe if were lucky we could seige DB as there 3rd, or do you class them as to low level for us to seige? We dont go round seiging squares randomly, if a square is ours we will ensure it stays ours, same as any smart player/clan would at the top, same as HLL & DB would as we have the power to do so. Have we always had the power to, no, nobody starts as gods, you make yourself it. Does this mean you have to ally with some other clan to survive? Of course not, please feel free to be on your own, its a serious challenge and personally I wouldnt do it, because im a sheep? no, because id rather enjoy the other aspects of the game. But if because you have lost a few squares your going to start telling people how to play and who they can and can not seige, save your breath as your cries will fall on deaf ears.

Wars come and go, people win and people lose, same as in real life. What counts is how you deal with losing. Do you go crying and whining in a forum, or do you go right this is what happened, how did it happen what can we do to stop this happening? An yes If for example HLL (sorry can only provide UW reference) Boot Camp for a square there is no chance BC could stop them, and it would take years for them to get to a place they could, this is why BC would have to play politics of the game and not whine.

Anyway this post might even be the longest in this thread now, but ill be honest, new people coming on the forum/game and then moaning when things dont go there own way is bloody annoying. The games hard, its not meant to be easy, its for someone who puts time and brain power in long term. If this isnt the type of game you enjoy there are millions more out there, go try them, one of them may suit your style much better than BW does.

If you want to carry on here, I suggest you dont moan so much else people will just pick on you for that reason alone.

Happy Hunting.

I will check all messages and reply within 24 hours.

12-20-2011 18:00 Creed is offline Search for Posts by Creed Add Creed to your Buddy List
carpy42

Registration Date: 03-19-2010

i have read the posts how can you comment on there is an in balance if you yourself did the same to someone else i would like to think the squares you lost in your clan were already built up but not by yourselfs but by an older players that has gone inactive they had spent a lot of time and junk building up that square and maybe they are inactive due to rl and your clan seiges the square cause its better than yours if they came back i dont think they would worry to much its a game a new square can be found maybe not as good but still can be built back up with time and lgo

get over it i have i lost a great square to a bigger clan i let a mate have it while i was inactive giving him a chance for a nice square and it was losted in a seige i spent a lot of time and money into that square but sh*t happens i will build up the square im in as best i can at my level and that will do

its a game if you dont want to lose a square move to biggest hardest clan

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by carpy42: 12-20-2011 19:05.

12-20-2011 19:04 carpy42 is offline Search for Posts by carpy42 Add carpy42 to your Buddy List
Noumenon

Registration Date: 01-11-2010

Sigh, is it just me or does an incarnation of this kind of arguement crop up every couple of months. Look the game is designed to allow stronger players to flourish, it's based around the idea that you fight for survival, thus tactically forming alliances, the strongest clans and the like is the way forward.

When I started playing (not long after the server opened) it was good fun, I've restarted twice now, and it's still good fun, the only thing that has become harder is being able to purchase items. In terms of how clans operate, it is exactly the same.

You should be glad you weren't here when... I think it was Emissaries of Darkness... decided they didn't like anyone... or rather wanted to 'spice the server up' and decided that no-one else deserved their squares... that was a tough time to play through, good fun when you look back on it though.

If you can't handle the game mechanics, the fact this is survival of the fittest then you really should just leave the game. Not being horrible, but it'll stress you out otherwise. I personally don't think there is enough at the higher level end of the game, which is one of the reasons for my restarts. But there you go.

Ultimately you're having a problem with the fundamentals of this game design, wouldn't it be easier to either accept and enjoy, or leave and find something else?

And wash away my innocence and fear
12-20-2011 20:13 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
kraftie
Double Ace

Registration Date: 11-18-2007

Ha, ha! Erstwhile I choose the scenic route too, stay away from big clans through principle. I didnt like that players were joining after me afilliating themselves into DB, BoS, Hyperboreans clan (Cannot for the life of me remember its name sorry) and then using them to 'Steal' squares that they couldnt get from their old/own clans.

So I took justice into my old hands and destroyed all the worms within my power, until they cried to the big guns who in turn farmed me to hell. However I rose above and got to rank 50 before I had some life decisions/problems (I know you want to check :p).

Son of sin the best advice I can give you is play the game the way you love playing. To go with all the other stories and phrases one sticks out the most "if you cant beat them join them".

There are players alot stronger than me willing to help and I can solo the WD and with meat kill the BD (well until I pass my last pilgrimage and got to 'AKT III'). Dont be ashamed to ask for help. Without being a clan leader you are not tied down and can leave the clan without remorse. Higher clans need new players to join so they can filter through the inactives.
12-23-2011 02:36 kraftie is offline Search for Posts by kraftie Add kraftie to your Buddy List
Clemenza
Puki Mod

images/avatars/avatar-926.png

Registration Date: 03-09-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

quote:
Originally posted by kraftie
I didnt like that players were joining after me afilliating themselves into DB, BoS, Hyperboreans clan (Cannot for the life of me remember its name sorry) and then using them to 'Steal' squares that they couldnt get from their old/own clans.

So about whom are you talking about? I am BoS deputy and I don't remember taking someone in clan and immediately starting a siege on other clan to give him a square. It's very easy to blame big clans about this and that without showing proofs. And it's not stealing, it's sieging and the game is allowing it, that's the 'wars' part of the name bloodwars.

As for the imbalance between the high level players and the low level, pardon me but if I wouldn't have any privileges after 3 years of playing, I would have quit already. If you want to play easy games this one is not matching your requirements.. As someone suggested before maybe you should just delete and go play something else.

12-23-2011 16:42 Clemenza is offline Search for Posts by Clemenza Add Clemenza to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Necropolis » Game imbalance .. the strong get stronger, the weak get the shaft

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH