Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Ranged v's Black Dragon » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ranged v's Black Dragon
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Nayrlien

Registration Date: 12-13-2007
Race in game: Absorber

Question Ranged v's Black Dragon Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to use a Good Shuriken of reaction against a black dragon successfully?

The weakest black dragon would have a total perc/agil of 164, which i can beat. My max critical damage would be 171 (3* damage).

I read that a ranged weapon damage is reduced by a 1/4 of opponents defence, 280 for the strongest black dragon. So that would give me 100 damage still?? I ignore 10% of it's defence with the BD badge which should help.

But is there any other reason why it wouldn't work??

I know not many people have tried it, so just trying to get an idea if it's possible

Thanks

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Nayrlien: 09-09-2008 14:09.

09-09-2008 14:09 Nayrlien is offline Search for Posts by Nayrlien Add Nayrlien to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nayrlien
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: BoS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

With what you just wrote it should be possible. Make sure to include any +to hit you might have. Please show us the expedition when you try it.

09-09-2008 15:14 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Nayrlien

Thread Starter Thread Started by Nayrlien
RE: Ranged v's Black Dragon Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok maybe not the black dragon i was after, but it does prove that ranged weapons aren't as useless as people seem to think in expo's

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=a26d79d359

My previous best against a pheonix with a sniper rifle, or a hunting rifle was about 50 damage, so it's an improvement.

I think without the -20 to hit a shuriken of reaction gives it maybe possible. Certainly if you are higher level than me, and have slightly more perc/agil.
09-09-2008 16:07 Nayrlien is offline Search for Posts by Nayrlien Add Nayrlien to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nayrlien
diablo
The contract has expired - former moderator.

images/avatars/avatar-735.jpeg

Registration Date: 07-05-2007
Race in game: Cultist

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well done I would say. You will struggle with ranged, but it is possible.

09-09-2008 17:28 diablo is offline Homepage of diablo Search for Posts by diablo Add diablo to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-127.jpeg

Registration Date: 11-29-2007
Clan: HL

Not bad going. I have been eager to try an expo with a ranged weapon for a while, accidentally took my comp bow of reaction on a phoenix hunt - only hit it once, but managed to to do some damage Tongue (unfortunately deleted the report)

I think it is a possibility; probably stand a better chance against a black scale than white, 'cos their agility/perception ratio is lower. I've just used the last my poh, but when I have some I would definitely be interested in joining forces & doing a couple of experiments with you?

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
09-09-2008 17:55 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Nayrlien

Hi Cthulhu,

Sounds good to me mate. Like yourself, i've just used the last of my PoH, but as soon as i get some we'll have to work something out and try a couple of expo's.

I must warn you though, i have the worst possible luck with monsters on expo's....Out of the last 8 DOS expo's i've started i have got 3 gold Dragons.

Hopefully get a low level Black one to test it on.

Thanks for the offer bud.

Neil
09-09-2008 18:40 Nayrlien is offline Search for Posts by Nayrlien Add Nayrlien to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nayrlien
Cthulhu
Viking

No worries - I have a fairly good luck record; maybe that will balance things out! Tongue Will chat to you in game soon. Wink

Maybe if there are any other ranged players interested in testing the theory, we could form a small expo clan & try out some combinations - any more offers?

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
09-09-2008 19:15 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-1123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2008
Clan: Badger

Hmm... i've wanted to test out ranged in expos aswell, but i either usually enter with it by accident (also forgetting to buy any items)

Unfortunately, i don't have stats anywhere near as high as yours, and your only 2 levels higher than me, i guess you was entering with stuff to get max agility/perc, unfortunately, i don't really have any items like that >_<

But if you do form it, and need a 3rd ranged user, i'll come (if lestat/lys read this, sorry, but i've been eager to kill an expo monster with ranged)

And I'm backety back and I'm back y'all
I'm backety back back
And back back and backety back yo
Because I'm back and I'm black
09-10-2008 16:48 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Nayrlien

Hey Nemazis,

The gear i used on that expo was my normal gear for quests and ambushes pretty much. If we do give it a go, you would be more than welcome to come and experiment with us.

Just need to get some PoH first, then we'll see where we go from there mate.
09-10-2008 17:37 Nayrlien is offline Search for Posts by Nayrlien Add Nayrlien to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nayrlien
Zizu
Double Ace

Registration Date: 06-12-2008
Clan: BLP !

as u said u got max crit dmg 171. That means u probably have about 55-57 dmg in the thone hall. Now when blacky got around 260 def, even with badge its gonna be 234. U use ranged weapon so he will reduce 1/4 * 234 = 58.5 With this counting u can see that the dmg u will do will be 1 for normal hit. 3 for critical hit.
Defense is counted before the crit dmg. Remember that
09-10-2008 19:45 Zizu is offline Search for Posts by Zizu Add Zizu to your Buddy List
God_Like_Friend
Lord

Registration Date: 03-31-2008

In the example Phoenix has 116 defence range damage is decreased by 1/4 of toughness + defence so -29 per hit, if you can do 170 I don't quite see how your criticals do arund 90-100 damage although damage doesn't seem the problem, because you had too low Agility + Perception to take on the Phoenix 172vs199 and your negative hit bonus. You were atleast 30 down.

quote:
Originally posted by Szeszej
And btw Agresiel your signature needs an update, it's more than a year now Wink

Ingame: R1 NoOb-G R2 NoOb-GoD - ID 7
09-10-2008 19:52 God_Like_Friend is offline Search for Posts by God_Like_Friend Add God_Like_Friend to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: boot camp

range would work against the remus and romulus
people as they have high on one and low on another
09-10-2008 21:37 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Zizu
Double Ace

range can work on everything but needs to be builded up with a pretty brain usage instead of 1h meelers xD
09-10-2008 21:55 Zizu is offline Search for Posts by Zizu Add Zizu to your Buddy List
Nayrlien

Hey Zizu,

You make a good point there mate, I didn't realize that the defence was taken from your core damage. Thought it was done after. As in 170 then - the defence. I'll have to remember that one. Maybe a phoenix is the best beast to test this on then (if i can get my stats up)

Godlike, i know what you mean, i wasn't after a phoenix on that one, wanted a blackie. but as you can see from the report the critical were pretty good, all around the 85 mark and some up to 90. as i say just need to get the old stats up a little....ok...a lot Big Grin
09-11-2008 07:26 Nayrlien is offline Search for Posts by Nayrlien Add Nayrlien to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nayrlien
Zizu
Double Ace

blacky isnt that tough if ya'll pick heavy crossbow instead of shuri, it has ignore, crit and +to hit so its not that hard to get enough hit ;f even with 2 attacks u will do better then the rest xD
09-11-2008 11:00 Zizu is offline Search for Posts by Zizu Add Zizu to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

I gotta start coming on more so i can see updates sooner...

@Nayrlien
If that's your normal quest/ambush gear, then i'd just be useless in the expo, because my stats are pretty low for ranged (not sure how many people have made a character, learned what stats, then restarted, but i haven't) overall, i total 14x, so i'd miss it too often to be of any use.

@fool
Wouldn't fighting remus and romulus be pointless with ranged? I know one weak against guns, the other against melee, but for the one they're strong against, isn't that stat crazy high? (hope you understood some of that)

I'm backety back back
09-11-2008 12:30 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Clan: boot camp

yea but at that level i thought range might have those stats of 300+ in total
cause then it doesn't matter who you hit
was just a thoguht
as all the monsters are either melee or guns
09-11-2008 13:01 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Zizu
Double Ace

300+ will be able only with legendary gear cuz of high upgrade possibility. Without legendaries max stats are around 270-280 with working collectors tatoo.
09-11-2008 14:09 Zizu is offline Search for Posts by Zizu Add Zizu to your Buddy List
icecold
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-10-2008

at the moment i have total 174 on percep and agility so it's not that tough. the hard part is having the right gear

Demon Lord is my tattoo and will show it can b used succesfully
09-11-2008 15:03 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
Zizu
Double Ace

I got 150 in sieges/160 in ambushes at 43, i could get much more around to 200 but i lack stones to up my gear to max lvl i would be able to handle. The problem is that ranged weapon user needs really. Our ranged problem is that we need expensive stuff right from beggining when meele can work with pretty cheap stuff for a long time
09-11-2008 15:59 Zizu is offline Search for Posts by Zizu Add Zizu to your Buddy List
Nayrlien

The problem with the heavy crossbow is that you don't get the +agility and +perception you get from a Reaction weapon, and so i have been told, the stats for a heavy crossbow of reaction are ridiculous. So unless you're real high level you're never gonna be able to use it anyway.
09-11-2008 17:15 Nayrlien is offline Search for Posts by Nayrlien Add Nayrlien to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nayrlien
Zizu
Double Ace

Nay - count the -to hit from shuriken and +to hit from heavy crossbow and it will almost the same ;f
09-11-2008 17:25 Zizu is offline Search for Posts by Zizu Add Zizu to your Buddy List
Nayrlien

If we can ever get back on the game i will Big Grin Crying
09-11-2008 17:36 Nayrlien is offline Search for Posts by Nayrlien Add Nayrlien to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nayrlien
icecold
Triple Ace

actually u do get perception and agility on heavy cross bow of reaction and increased in crit as well as ignore factor

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by icecold: 09-11-2008 19:48.

09-11-2008 19:48 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
Zizu
Double Ace

but heavy x-bow of reaction is damn hard to wield on lvl 40-50 xD
09-11-2008 19:57 Zizu is offline Search for Posts by Zizu Add Zizu to your Buddy List
icecold
Triple Ace

that is true and i know as i can't even use my cross bow of reaction at +5 yet so just think how i feel not bieng able to use my H cross bow at +3 Mad

09-11-2008 20:01 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

images/avatars/avatar-512.jpg

Registration Date: 12-16-2007
Clan: NIGHT

a lot of the good ranged weapons are hard to wield on higher levels, otherwise people would get really good weapons at lower levels

also if and when i get my equipment sorted out i would like to go on a ranged expo

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bobalob57: 09-11-2008 20:16.

09-11-2008 20:15 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
icecold
Triple Ace

i'm at lvl58 so u'd think i'd b able to especially as i have stat reductions at 15% off due to my race and tattoo

09-11-2008 20:55 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by icecold
i'm at lvl58 so u'd think i'd b able to especially as i have stat reductions at 15% off due to my race and tattoo

fair enough, i didnt no if you had maxed your tattooe or what level you are, so i will agree that it is a bit redicules that you cannot use a hevy crossbow of reaction, after all being able to use items easily is one or the strongpoints of being a demon lord
09-11-2008 21:40 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Cthulhu
Viking

Well, it's good to see that there are plenty of ranged wielding vamps who wanna have a go at an expo. But have to agree with the general feel of the thread, until any of us can wield a crossbow or heavy crossbow of reaction, we are gonna struggle against any kind of expo beast.

I have a heavy crossbow of dryad (which I am 1 merge stone away from merging into reaction), but I cannot wield that nor will I be able to wield the reaction either until I have a load more strength, some intel & a couple of lvls - but mainly it's the strength holding me back. Frown

All that aside I am willing to give it a go. At some point next week, I will set up an expo clan, & msg anyone who has posted on this thread who is interested in joining, just to try out a couple of ranged expos, and see what happens. Evil

HBS

ENCHANTMENT
09-11-2008 22:11 Cthulhu is offline Homepage of Cthulhu Search for Posts by Cthulhu Add Cthulhu to your Buddy List
Zizu
Double Ace

dryad has higher req than reaction.
Anyway i think ill be going blacky soon with just normal heavy xD will see if it will work ;]
09-11-2008 22:32 Zizu is offline Search for Posts by Zizu Add Zizu to your Buddy List
icecold
Triple Ace

ur wrong zizu. reactoin is higher but wolf is the highest

09-11-2008 23:23 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
Zizu
Double Ace

maybe i fucked a bit ;f i knew that one of them got higher req then reaction xD but anyway only reaction is usefull xD
09-12-2008 09:37 Zizu is offline Search for Posts by Zizu Add Zizu to your Buddy List
Nemazis
Lord

Just putting in something from my memory, not sure if it's been changed, or if it WILL be changed >_< (cba checking aswell)

Legendary ranged weapons, i know legendary lowers requirements by 20% (can't remember exact amount, and icecold, your blessed then XD) but it also lowers crit chance by... i think it was 25% (gonna check) which means that my dream weapon, which is just about the only ranged weapon i'd use, would be worthless, and i don't like crossbows.

Just reminding incase anyone else is planning on using a bow, not x-bow.

EDIT: Couldn't find the thread, but if what you said if true Zizu (below) then it still kinda sucks, well to be me at least, someone who refuses to use xbows (now a load of "if you don't like it, change weapons" is gonna appear...)

I'm backety back back

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Nemazis: 09-12-2008 10:42.

09-12-2008 10:32 Nemazis is offline Homepage of Nemazis Search for Posts by Nemazis Add Nemazis to your Buddy List
Zizu
Double Ace

the req are lowered by 20% in legendaries. And the -%crit was 45% first ;f but they changed it to -15% if im correct
09-12-2008 10:40 Zizu is offline Search for Posts by Zizu Add Zizu to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

quote:
the req are lowered by 20% in legendaries. And the -%crit was 45% first ;f but they changed it to -15% if im correct

I thought that your critical chance with a ranged weapon was multiplied by 5

Your imperfection.
09-14-2008 10:42 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Zizu
Double Ace

y that's too, but they decided to put a -%crit chance too xD
09-14-2008 10:49 Zizu is offline Search for Posts by Zizu Add Zizu to your Buddy List
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Hang on so reaction now -% critical?

Even so, with a fully powered tattoo you'll easily have 85% critical chance then

Your imperfection.
09-14-2008 11:55 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
icecold
Triple Ace

the -%crit chance isn't on cross bow's. it's on shurikans and it's not the actuall crit shot but the amount of damage that is multiplied by 5

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by icecold: 09-14-2008 14:19.

09-14-2008 14:16 icecold is offline Search for Posts by icecold Add icecold to your Buddy List
bobalob57
Viking

quote:
Originally posted by Raxis
Hang on so reaction now -% critical?

Even so, with a fully powered tattoo you'll easily have 85% critical chance then

not quite

with a fully powered tattooe HUNTERS could get 85% chance for crit hit

dont forget that demon lords and collectors dont gert any extra boost for crit chance
09-14-2008 14:18 bobalob57 is offline Search for Posts by bobalob57 Add bobalob57 to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Ranged v's Black Dragon

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH