Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Necropolis Luck, pilgrimages / quests, drops » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Luck, pilgrimages / quests, drops
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Eisuk

Registration Date: 06-05-2011
Race in game: Absorber

Luck, pilgrimages / quests, drops Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a firmer understanding of how to get great drops. The only relevant choices I know of are:

- between higher chance of success and higher luck (yes, luck increases chance, but say it's a Perfect Light Emporer with ~+50 stats vs. a good clan with +13 stats and +2 luck?

- I know Luck also increases item quality. But, if you're just hoping to drop a perfect anything of precog/orchid/Deathsower/night etc the specific item's a secondary concern

- focusing on medium vs hard quests

So - my questions (for necro):

- Luck increases the chance to drop an item with prefix/suffix, but by how much? Anyone got a good sense for this?

- Is the only difference to the quality of items found on pilgrimages vs medium quests that they can be perfect? (ignoring legendary - I'm level 43)

Luck improves the chance of success (easily quantified) and number of items found - not as certain, but even during +50 luck events with luck of 122 I always got 3 items per pilgrimage, so I'm guessing that's the limit and I can therefore easily see if I'm only tending to get 1 or 2. Will consider that in light of whatever information we can pool.

What I want ultimately is a feel for whether to do lots of quick, cheap medium quests until I've at least got a good coverage of different prefixes and suffixes, and only then worry about pilgrimages - or to just go for pilgrimages exclusively, despite the difficultly in getting luck items to use up the daily quest quota, fewer successful quests etc.. And, how stressed should I get about luck? Should I just not bother questing until it reaches 80, 90, 100, 120...?

Cheers,
Eisuk

12-29-2011 04:59 Eisuk is offline Search for Posts by Eisuk Add Eisuk to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 10-27-2011

RE: Luck, pilgrimages / quests, drops Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hey, i was looking for answers to a question similar to your questions... and i found these old threads:
Luck (2007)
Luck (2007)
what luck can do Smile (2008 and Underworld-related, so probably won't help)
Luck on quests (2010)

IGN: Son Of Sin
12-29-2011 06:26 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
Eisuk

Registration Date: 06-05-2011
Race in game: Absorber

Thread Starter Thread Started by Eisuk
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the links Son of Sin - interesting to hear Szeszej:

"Luck affects only chances for succesful quest by 3/2/1% / 5 luck, increases critical strike chance but not significantly and icreases the chance to get a prefix/suffix (again not significantly but still). Note that it doesn't increase the chance to et any certain pre/suf but only the chance to get any."

From, there the information that's new to me is re prefix/suffix "again not significantly but still". The again references the impact on criticals, which is 1% higher chance per 5 difference in the players' luck. That's still vague, but at least a little suggestive.

Cheers,
Eisuk

12-29-2011 12:42 Eisuk is offline Search for Posts by Eisuk Add Eisuk to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Necropolis Luck, pilgrimages / quests, drops

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH