Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Necropolis » Quests & Luck » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Quests & Luck 4 Votes - Average Rating: 3.254 Votes - Average Rating: 3.254 Votes - Average Rating: 3.25
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 10-27-2011

Quests & Luck Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...this thread is Necropolis-related...
..and loosely related to Eisuk's thread..

Act I - Zone 4 - Level 46 - Far Quest
Night of the Seekers. Effect: LUCK +20
Trial of strength, chance of success: 61 %. (LUCK: 93)

my base strength is 30, still 30 with luck gear equipped ...so my question is about this:
Luck bonuses: Increases the chance for successful quest. Every 5 lucks adds +3/+2/+1 % respectively.

- 93 {total luck} / 5 = 18.60 * 2 = 37.20
- is this added to 61% and "unseen" in quest report or is 61% my total chance w/ "converted" luck included?

- is "converted" luck subtracted from total luck and "unseen" in quest report?

- Runic set adds +10, +12, +14 luck
- is this added to the base luck of a Runic item {base 8 + set 10 = 18} or is the base 8 ignored & only the set 10 is used?

i added all of my luck gear items' luck together & got 2 different answers:
97 {+20 w/ event effect = 117} and 71 {+20 w/ event effect = 91}
...but my quest shows (LUCK: 93) ...so what's wrong?

edit: changed my luck set to my luck gear

IGN: Son Of Sin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Son of Sin: 12-29-2011 07:22.

12-29-2011 07:21 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
brundlefly
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-24-2010
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: bunnies

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

let me simplify this for u.......

if u check in ur throne hall...ur total luck (from items/sets/events etc etc) is displayed.

this luck is already converted and added to ur percentages for quests..

so the 61 percent u saw is totalled (luck + base stats)

if u take all ur luck off...this luck which is 'converted' into increasing the percentage will b taken off.
12-29-2011 08:48 brundlefly is offline Search for Posts by brundlefly Add brundlefly to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

Thread Starter Thread Started by Son of Sin
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i know i'm long-winded but did you read my questions? or maybe my questions were unclear...

Helmet: +10 / +12
Armor: +8 / +12
Amulet: +15
Ring: +8
Pants: +8 / +12
1h Melee x2: +4
Event: +20

add those #s... 93 is not the sum...
so base is not added to set ...base is dropped, but i only get 91, not 93
12 + 12 +15 + 8 + 8 + 12 + 4 + 20 = 91

total luck (in throne hall, same as quest) is 93
without anything equipped, total luck is only 20 from event

i've done 2 more quests, here are the numbers:
Test of reputation, chance of success: 73 %. (LUCK: 93)

i would need +7% from luck to have 80% which should bring my luck down to 53 (8 * 5 = 40, 93 - 40 = 53) ...but you say "this luck is already converted and added to ur percentages for quests" which i believe to be false because i have more luck (+2) than i should have...

Proof of perception, chance of success: 79 %. (LUCK: 93)

i would need +1% from luck to have 80% OR more luck to convert 5 more luck for +1%?

here's a far quest where i'm "naked" w/ only +20 event Luck
Test of appearance, chance of success: 26 %. (LUCK: 20)

my base appearance is 28 ...for 80% i'd need a base of 45, correct?
convert 20 luck: 20 / 5 = 4 * 2 = 8 + base appearance of 28 OR chance of sucess before luck is converted?

your "simple" is not my simple ...i am clearly not smart enough to understand what's "simple" to you

edit 1:
and now i remember what my original question was supposed to be...
after luck is converted ...is it deducted from total luck but "unseen", meaning 93 still shows but it's really less than 93?

example: if i have 80% chance of success w/o luck ...i would use all luck for chance to find better items ...but if i have 30% chance of success, luck is converted to increase chance of success, is my chance to find better items decreased?

edit 2:
i'm wondering "how important" luck is and how it works precisely ...that's why this thread was in Game system ...how does the luck system work.
the tutorial doesn't say after luck is converted to increase chance of success, your chance to find better items is decreased ...but this can be a hidden consequence ...that's why when you have 100+ luck but only a 25% chance of success, you may not find anything great...

edit 3: chanced "you don't find anything great" to "you may not find anything great"

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Son of Sin: 12-29-2011 18:46.

12-29-2011 18:28 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS exLead

Are you in Act 2? If yes read this: http://wiki.bloodwars.net/index.php?title=The_II_Act

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
12-29-2011 22:09 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BOS + S.S.

quote:
Originally posted by Son of Sin
i know i'm long-winded but did you read my questions? or maybe my questions were unclear...

Helmet: +10 / +12
Armor: +8 / +12
Amulet: +15
Pants: +8 / +12
1h Melee x2: +4
Event: +20

add those #s... 93 is not the sum...
so base is not added to set ...base is dropped, but i only get 91, not 93
12 + 12 +15 + 8 + 8 + 12 + 4 + 20 = 91

total luck (in throne hall, same as quest) is 93
without anything equipped, total luck is only 20 from event

Have you ever read anything in the tutorial? No really ever?

Set bonus is added ONCE i.e. you get the +12 once

So

+10+8+15+8+8+8+2+2+12+20 = 93 luck.

quote:
i've done 2 more quests, here are the numbers:
Test of reputation, chance of success: 73 %. (LUCK: 93)
i would need +7% from luck to have 80% which should bring my luck down to 53 (8 * 5 = 40, 93 - 40 = 53) ...but you say "this luck is already converted and added to ur percentages for quests" which i believe to be false because i have more luck (+2) than i should have...

Now again all in the tutorial

To add the % to your chance of success it doesn't take the luck away, you have the same luck + the higher %'s

quote:
i know i'm long-winded but did you read my questions?

Yes, have you ever read the tutorial.

I don't mind seening the lower levels ask questions on the forum.

But I do protested against the ones which have a whole section to them in the tutorial and which if read would not need these threads.

And brund explained it very well in very little wording.

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
12-29-2011 22:11 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

Mortis, i'm still in Act I

hey Foxy ...you do know everyone does not retain/remember information or understand everything that they read?

i read the tutorial & forum before i ask any questions ...i actually try to "study" Blood Wars as if it's a college course because there's so much information to be learned ...but i do not understand everything that i read or retain much of anything...for personal reasons which i will not discuss ...so information has to be read to me and explained word for word (my wife usually does this, but she's working major hours for a big bonus this month)

this may be simple for you to understand:
Sets
If you're persistent enough, maybe you'll piece together set of items.
Set consist of:
helmet, armour, pants or
two rings and an amulet
The most basic benefit from using set is improvement of effects by set's modifier.
There are also eight sets of jewelery, that let you use one of the other races' vampiric powers and four sets, which let you use one whole arcana.
Prefix is what tells you whether item belongs to a set, for example: Shamanic Helmet, Good Shamanic Trousers.

where did you find this piece of info:
Foxy: Set bonus is added ONCE i.e. you get the +12 once

it is not in the tutorial under "Sets" on the Items page, the Luck page or the Quests page.

and to give you an example of just how ...stupid... i am...
i didn't understand hard quests had to be completed in sequence in order to complete the next ...i thought if i failed agility, i could successfully complete appearance next ...after i asked about this here.
i just don't understand things until someone explains it in a way i can understand ...like someone in my clan did for me

words are just words if you don't comprehend what you're reading ...even if it's simplified for a 7 year old to understand.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Son of Sin: 12-29-2011 23:20.

12-29-2011 23:14 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: CUBS

It's a set bonus because you need the whole set to activate it's affects. That's why it's in green, to show that it's a bonus acquired by having a full set.

quote:
The most basic benefit from using set is improvement of effects by set's modifier.

You won't have this modifier if you only had 2 pieces or less of the given set.

12-29-2011 23:24 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
brundlefly
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-24-2010
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: bunnies

son of sin...

plz dont take this the wrong way...

i knew what u wrote in ur 1st post and where u got mixed up (several times)...

hence me simplifying it for u....

but mayb u should have read my post as all the information u got was there...

me spelling out ' that u dont get set bonus per item' wasnt necessary.
think if for every query that every1 had that they made a post about it....the boards would b just as if not more confusing that the tutorials.

i understand sometimes the tutorial can b confusing....but mayb ypu should ask members of your clan or friends that u make along the way...

i learnt alot of this game from trial and error and as the game is forever changing no1 can b a know-it-all.i started in a small clan and which i became leader as i like u do ..do alot of research on this (as im sad like that Wink ) but grew v quickly as a result.

also do not take things personally what people write on the boards...this game consists of different people and perceive things in different ways.learn to ignore Wink

enjoy the game as im sure u will do and continue doing.

(and as i mentioned in my previous thread from u ...if u have any questions ask me in game)

(and hope i dont get a warning for this as it is offtopic but i am trying to help) Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by brundlefly: 12-29-2011 23:35.

12-29-2011 23:33 brundlefly is offline Search for Posts by brundlefly Add brundlefly to your Buddy List
Son of Sin
Forum Ace

thanks franz, even you Foxy, and brundlefly

i won't ask any more questions on this forum ...and i do talk to my clan, they are very helpful but as i will continue to say I FORGET THINGS! if i read about quests right now, and then read about expos, i will forget everything i read about quests ...i would really like to be banned from the forum but if i have to be banned from the game too, forget it ...wish i could delete my forum account ...brundlefly i'll write down your name on a post-it and msg you in-game if i ever need advice, but my clan is very helpful daily but everyone explains things differently ...franz, you're cool ...Clemenza whatever you warned me for was wrong ..."bullies" is not an offensive word in my country ...maybe you guys should list what's offensive in Poland / UK so foreigners won't say those things

12-30-2011 02:04 Son of Sin is offline Search for Posts by Son of Sin Add Son of Sin to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Mishmash » Mishmash - Necropolis » Quests & Luck

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH