Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld act II question » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page act II question
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lucifer

Registration Date: 08-17-2010
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: HOWL

Question act II question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know im not that close to doing them yet but since I only have one more quest stopping me from entering act II but Id like to know once Iv done all my act II pilgrimage quests, should I stay as a cultist or change to cursed one.

question for cursed one: If I do change, should I keep my BK tattoo set or change tattoos? and what to?

P.S: copied from my clan message, too lazy to edit :T
01-03-2012 02:10 Lucifer is offline Search for Posts by Lucifer Add Lucifer to your Buddy List
Scotland The Brave.

Registration Date: 12-30-2011

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

bk stay cultist.

if you want stay cultist and go guns or ranged if you struggle with perception when guns go cursed one if not stay cultist
01-03-2012 02:28 Scotland The Brave. is offline Search for Posts by Scotland The Brave. Add Scotland The Brave. to your Buddy List
Lucifer

Thread Starter Thread Started by Lucifer
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

your reply kinda made little sense to me...Im a Black knight..
01-03-2012 02:40 Lucifer is offline Search for Posts by Lucifer Add Lucifer to your Buddy List
Scotland The Brave.

Registration Date: 12-30-2011

right i meant if you wanna stay bk dont change but if you want to go for example gangster stay cultist and try and do your best but if you stuggle go cursed one to make it a bit easier also temember you cannot change back.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Scotland The Brave.: 01-03-2012 02:44.

01-03-2012 02:43 Scotland The Brave. is offline Search for Posts by Scotland The Brave. Add Scotland The Brave. to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

if u really want to be both BK and a cursed one go for it
look up player helldemon hes a mellee cursed 1 but only bonus he gets is the arcana"horror"

BUT changing to a cursed 1 would limit your abilities as a bk an awful lot as cursed 1 isnt geared toward melee tattoos at all

cultists in act 2 rocks btw
searing blood kicks ass at that lvl especially if u find it hard hitting mobs
and if u want to be bk there agility arcana would ofc be a great help

why dont u go act2 and decide later?? u dont have to change right away
go to act2 and see what it's like as a cultist for a while b4 you make a big cdesicion

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
01-03-2012 04:23 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Lucifer

yea, will do, I just like to plan ahead on games with complex character designs, will take me a while to get the pilgrimages in act II done anyway, but thanks for the advice
01-03-2012 04:35 Lucifer is offline Search for Posts by Lucifer Add Lucifer to your Buddy List
Helldemon
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 01-21-2009
Race in game: Cursed One
Clan: Hll

Stay cultist if your staying melee, cursed 1 only gives 10 agility and a slight blood boost and horror that helps the clan your in, i only switched cos i did'nt like being absorber if i had choice i'd pick beastmaster, cultist or thoughtcatcher over cursed one

01-03-2012 05:08 Helldemon is offline Search for Posts by Helldemon Add Helldemon to your Buddy List
Lucifer

how much more will searing blood help with hitting mobs in expos? Im all set for ambushes (just need more rep and a few more pieces of gear) but Im still useless in expos Frown
01-03-2012 05:12 Lucifer is offline Search for Posts by Lucifer Add Lucifer to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=a6826be4cc

withput searing blood i woudnt have been able to hit at all

searing always hits as long as you dont have massive def

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
01-03-2012 09:45 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
Lucifer

why not have massive def?
01-03-2012 10:16 Lucifer is offline Search for Posts by Lucifer Add Lucifer to your Buddy List
Sapling
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-28-2011
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BoS - SAN

Yeah that's a good question. I thought Searing Blood always hits, whatever the stats or def.

Or do you mean that SB damage is lowered by the defense of the mob ?
01-03-2012 11:00 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Clan: CUBS

UNDERWORLD - Searing blood changes incoming

v. 1.1.0.17 6 March 2009
[Underworld] The cost of the Searing Blood arcanum has been lowered to 14 BP.
[Underworld] Chance to hit with Searing Blood is lowered to 50% if the player exceeds the maximum defence equal to 140 + 3 for each level above 50 (for level 51 it is 143, for level 60 it is 170 etc).

01-03-2012 11:36 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Sapling
Triple Ace

Ah, so because BKs at high level of tattoos need high defense, it's possible that in the end their SB attacks might miss half of the time ?

That's pretty harsh.
01-03-2012 12:23 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
Lucifer

that kinda sucks Frown just as Im getting to the point of being able to use it too...
01-03-2012 12:35 Lucifer is offline Search for Posts by Lucifer Add Lucifer to your Buddy List
Sapling
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Lucifer
that kinda sucks Frown just as Im getting to the point of being able to use it too...

Searing blood is still your best choice.

Cursed might be ok, but most of the arcana is aimed at being a gunner, except Horror. Night Hunter is useless for you, and the other one lowers your agility rendering you useless in most cases.

And if I observe most people in the expos I'm on, Searing Blood is usually a sure and stable source of damage, so go for it.
01-03-2012 12:37 Sapling is offline Search for Posts by Sapling Add Sapling to your Buddy List
franz
Trade Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-1028.jpg

Registration Date: 02-26-2008
Clan: CUBS

It came to the devs attention that players were SB tanking, where their soul damage was that of Searing Blood. At level 3 BK tattoos, you're looking to have around 125 defence minimum, unless you're stupid with your gear setup. You'll still be within the boundaries of searing blood.

As Sapling says, Cursed is useless for you, especially at your level. Stick with Cultist.

Lucifer, I took the liberty to spy you. It's a wee bit off topic, but change your Field Cape with a Good Vest of the Deathsower when you get the chance. More agility and damage.

01-03-2012 12:41 franz is offline Homepage of franz Search for Posts by franz Add franz to your Buddy List
Lucifer

quote:
Originally posted by franz
It came to the devs attention that players were SB tanking, where their soul damage was that of Searing Blood. At level 3 BK tattoos, you're looking to have around 125 defence minimum, unless you're stupid with your gear setup. You'll still be within the boundaries of searing blood.

As Sapling says, Cursed is useless for you, especially at your level. Stick with Cultist.

Lucifer, I took the liberty to spy you. It's a wee bit off topic, but change your Field Cape with a Good Vest of the Deathsower when you get the chance. More agility and damage.

Lol, Iv been trying to get it.

and I know I am, but only by 5 points of def, will have to be more careful about the gear I use at higher levels
01-03-2012 13:08 Lucifer is offline Search for Posts by Lucifer Add Lucifer to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld act II question

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH