Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » 6 hour auctions » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 6 hour auctions 11 Votes - Average Rating: 5.64
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
demonfury v2
Lord

Registration Date: 12-30-2009
Race in game: Cultist
Clan: LGN

6 hour auctions Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

am i the only person who think this shouldnt be restricted to just junk?

if memory serves me right (chances are its failing me) we used to be able to sell items on the 6 hour auction option, or maybe it was the 12, i cant remember

its no secret that alot of players arrange sales with other players, for this very purpose 6 hour auctions should be available on items as well as junk, it saves alot of time and makes it possible to have a highly sought after item sat in your armoury the same day the sale is agreed

thoughts people??

IGN: acidic shots
01-06-2012 13:20 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Ba_al
Viking

Registration Date: 08-05-2008
Clan: DB

RE: 6 hour auctions Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by demonfury v2

its no secret that alot of players arrange sales with other players, for this very purpose 6 hour auctions should be available on items as well as junk, it saves alot of time and makes it possible to have a highly sought after item sat in your armoury the same day the sale is agreed

thoughts people??

i agree completly
and have t say was very pished off when the 6hr auctins were removed
knwing u could have ur item on the same day rather than having to wait a day or 3 was fantastic

Founding father and former leader of ENDBRINGERS

DraGan 15:51 -> the time is never important, only the destination , thats how bal rolls Big Grin
01-06-2012 13:28 Ba_al is offline Search for Posts by Ba_al Add Ba_al to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

Thread Starter Thread Started by demonfury v2
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it was really good, because if your like me and you completely useless, after youve been to sleep youve forgot the merge you was working on and dont remember how the item fit your plans, you forgot to make a note of it so you have to go through it all again, the 6 hour auctions would eradicate that Smile

01-06-2012 14:14 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm game for 6 hour auctions but devs would have to be on the ball with push auctions as they could happen quicker

01-06-2012 15:26 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
demonfury v2
Lord

thats where us players can help by staying vigilant and keeping our eyes open and reporting these dirty cheating little <insert rude word here>'s

as long as the morally decent guys police the auctions for the devs, we have no issues Smile

01-06-2012 16:36 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Source

Problem was if someone put something on auction at say 9pm, it showed up by midnight, and was gone again by 6am, not many(but of course there are some) people on overnight so 'push' auctions were going un-noticed and unreported.

That said, i did quite like, as Ba_al said, being able to get something on the same day as it gets put on auction.

Wouldn't be against the idea, but i can see why devs stopped it, and understand why they wouldnt want to implement it again.
01-06-2012 21:21 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

midnight for us aint midnight for everyone, theres many timezones that play on this server, i think im safe in saying theres people online 24 hours a day

as long as us players stay vigilant a report thes obvious pushes there will be no problems at all, eventually the cheating rats will realise they aint gonna get past us and they will slowly stop

personally i think its a really good idea to re implement it, just need to see what the devs say

01-06-2012 21:35 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Clan: Source

quote:
midnight for us aint midnight for everyone, theres many timezones that play on this server, i think im safe in saying theres people online 24 hours a day

Didnt claim otherwise, but the amount of people on in the 'wee small hours' is substantially less, and if you take the amount of those people who would actually care enough to report an auction, and take into account how many of the people who would be online to take advantage of the 6 hour window(in other words, people looking to push), well i'd suggest you're left with precious few.

All very well saying 'stay vigilant'... but the devs had reason to stop the 6hr auctions in the first place, so i would suggest that unless we set up a neighbourhood watch of the auctions, history will repeat itself, as vigilance obviously wasnt enough first time around.

(If anyone IS considering setting up a neighbourhood watch of the auctions, count me out).

EDIT: Spelling, 'nieghbourhood' would suggest some sort of ghetto horse situation.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by NouveauNosferatu: 01-06-2012 22:46.

01-06-2012 22:43 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Would only take one active person a small amount of time to go through a days trading scanning for pushes

Tbh I can't remember the last auction to be reset anyway

01-06-2012 23:10 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Philly
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-935.gif

Registration Date: 09-08-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

quote:

think about how simple it is to grab an expo monster at the hours of 4 - 7am. even most full on bloodwars addicted people are not online between those hours, leaving 6 hour auctions to be left half unattended if pushers time their auctionings right.

dont get me wrong I liked putting things in the auction if I knew that something I really needed was in there and I needed the stones to pay for it, that part was handy... but lately I've seen a few "friendly clubs" going for 16 lifestones, and putting the auction back open for 6-12 hour bidding would only make that worse.

01-06-2012 23:17 Philly is offline Search for Posts by Philly Add Philly to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

between 4-7am im normally on dude, so yea, that negative point got blew away, theres always someone online at some point

01-07-2012 12:19 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Mortis
Emperor

images/avatars/avatar-47.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2007
Clan: BoS exLead

Someone is maybe online, but the majority of players are sleeping. It was nice for sneaky auctions, but it wasn't giving chance to everyone, so the option for 6 hour auctions were removed.

"Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind."
01-07-2012 12:38 Mortis is offline Search for Posts by Mortis Add Mortis to your Buddy List Add Mortis to your Contact List
demonfury v2
Lord

i really think they should be re implemented mainly for the reasons ive stated already

like all ideas, i knew this would be hit with a bit of negativity, but i really think its a good idea

01-07-2012 14:04 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Maybe they could extend the auction extension thing, say if the auction finishes between lets say 4am to 8 am(i dont know what times these are just an example) then the auction would be extended to say 11am?

01-07-2012 16:30 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
demonfury v2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Firetrap
Maybe they could extend the auction extension thing, say if the auction finishes between lets say 4am to 8 am(i dont know what times these are just an example) then the auction would be extended to say 11am?

might as well just set a 12 hour auction instead of a 6 hour one thus defeating the point of the thread mate

no, if an auction is being arranged anyways by 2 players, for a set price (not a push btw) the time it starts will also be set so the buying player can be online at the end of the auction, so no extention of time will be needed what so ever

i think we either need a devs opinion or even better we need a poll on this

01-07-2012 23:44 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Well from the 2 thumbs down im assuming its not going to go well in your favor..

I liked the 6 hour auctions but because junk has lost its value i dont even use them for junk anymore, i just think theres been enough valid points why they have taken it off to not put it back on again
01-07-2012 23:52 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

the only valid point that really holds any weight is the pushing issue, that a bit of vigilance could stop that anyways, but never mind, if people dont want quicker auctions then they dont want it lol, it was simply a suggestion

01-08-2012 00:00 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

quote:
the only valid point that really holds any weight is the pushing issue, that a bit of vigilance could stop that anyways, but never mind, if people dont want quicker auctions then they dont want it lol, it was simply a suggestion

Im sure ive read somewhere that some auctions are already extended

The point of the extension is to make the item fair game to the other players, 6 hour auctions could still be possible during the day/evening

01-08-2012 10:47 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
demonfury v2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Firetrap
quote:

Im sure ive read somewhere that some auctions are already extended

The point of the extension is to make the item fair game to the other players, 6 hour auctions could still be possible during the day/evening

auctions that end during server back up have been extended as its not fair if you get into a bidding war and the back up robs you

01-08-2012 20:09 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Creed
Forum Ace

Registration Date: 02-24-2009
Clan: BoS

I can see the pro's and con's for this. Me personally I dont mind waiting and if 6 hour auctions were around id probably miss stealing other people's items Tongue , so can see why it was taken out. Although on the plus having it sooner is always nice.

Why not suggest a 12 hour auction and once any auction finishes rather than waiting you get it just like junk?

Kinda meet in the middle suggestion.

I will check all messages and reply within 24 hours.

01-09-2012 07:59 Creed is offline Search for Posts by Creed Add Creed to your Buddy List
demonfury v2
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Creed
I can see the pro's and con's for this. Me personally I dont mind waiting and if 6 hour auctions were around id probably miss stealing other people's items Tongue , so can see why it was taken out. Although on the plus having it sooner is always nice.

Why not suggest a 12 hour auction and once any auction finishes rather than waiting you get it just like junk?

Kinda meet in the middle suggestion.

meeting in the middle and making alot of sense, waiting for up to 6 hours AFTER your auction is over just takes the p*ss tbh

01-09-2012 17:37 demonfury v2 is offline Search for Posts by demonfury v2 Add demonfury v2 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Game system » 6 hour auctions

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH