Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Advertising » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Advertising
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Shu

Registration Date: 05-10-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: C.N

Advertising Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I Was Wondering If Advertising Other Games Should Be Against The Rules Because Without Advertisement Where Would BW be????

Sorry If This Is The Wrong Place To Put This Topic

09-14-2008 00:51 Shu is offline Search for Posts by Shu Add Shu to your Buddy List
Artoir.
Avenger

images/avatars/avatar-599.jpg

Registration Date: 02-24-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: V13

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Devs dont like us "advertising" other games on here.

End of, their game after all

09-14-2008 01:11 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
liamb1992
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-234.jpg

Registration Date: 01-01-2008
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: Source

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
Devs dont like us "advertising" other games on here.

End of, their game after all

Ya just have to be sneaky about doing it Big Grin
09-14-2008 03:44 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
Artoir.
Avenger

Yea you can drop hints etc, but any name will merit a warning

09-14-2008 03:48 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
liamb1992
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Artoir.
Yea you can drop hints etc, but any name will merit a warning

PM's, in game, irc...
09-14-2008 03:50 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
Artoir.
Avenger

I think the original post was about on the board itself though

And ive seen examples of people getting 24H's etc for PMs IG about other games

09-14-2008 03:51 Artoir. is offline Homepage of Artoir. Search for Posts by Artoir. Add Artoir. to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Artoir.
liamb1992
Lord

Thats if the addresee reports the sender.
09-14-2008 03:52 liamb1992 is offline Search for Posts by liamb1992 Add liamb1992 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for liamb1992
Serafine
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-247.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2008
Clan: [-END-]

I remember my first run in with a certain mod.... who then tried to tell me about how to run a computer, niave twat.... All I did was compare BW to a variety of competely different games, fair enough if they were similiar games that shared a catchment, but comon, rpgs are way above this game and most ppl who play BW would only use it to come down off an rpg after playing.

And there in lies the problem, do you let ppl promote all games, or just certain ones.... Because I can understand not wanting to advertise games that share in the catchment type, but I cannot understand why they won't let us tell ppl about a fabulous RPG to get those idiots who still play that excuse for an rpg off of it.

But then, it is their forums.... And not to be too rude, but you would think, that maybe after certain monumental events in history were played out on their doorstep, some people would understand the right to free speech.

Selling:

See Necro Profile - mostly rubbish tbh.

Buying:

See IGProfile.
09-14-2008 04:08 Serafine is offline Search for Posts by Serafine Add Serafine to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Serafine
Raxis
Set Abominae

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 12-12-2007

Agreed. I mean there is a siete I really love, forum based gameplay, but I cant tell anyone about it without getting warned...

Also it's hypocrisy, because we are expected to put our own link on other sites to advertise this one, so it's rather unfair of the devs

Your imperfection.
09-14-2008 12:32 Raxis is offline Search for Posts by Raxis Add Raxis to your Buddy List
Shu

Registration Date: 05-10-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: C.N

Thread Starter Thread Started by Shu

well obviously it isnt a nice thing if you simple tell some people another great game and get banned or warned Frown

09-14-2008 16:39 Shu is offline Search for Posts by Shu Add Shu to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Offtopic » Advertising

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH