Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Narrations/Descriptions » Hardened tendons » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hardened tendons
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

Hardened tendons Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The name of this evolution suggests, that it makes the tendons more durable, but less flexible(like most hardened things in RL do), and yet it raises agility. Shouldn't it be called strengthened or reinforced?

quote:
IGN: Atomos

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Undivisible: 01-21-2012 14:42.

01-21-2012 14:41 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
NouveauNosferatu
Lord

Registration Date: 04-28-2008
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: Source

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Depends what way you look at it, perhaps the problem for vamps isn't the jumping but the landing, in which case hardened tendons would allow for greater jumping, because they can land without injury?

Just a thought... i'm not sure any of this game makes sense if you really stop and analyse it ;-)
01-21-2012 14:57 NouveauNosferatu is offline Homepage of NouveauNosferatu Search for Posts by NouveauNosferatu Add NouveauNosferatu to your Buddy List
Acheron

Registration Date: 07-26-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: LGN

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, I'm a rock climber, and that requires a certain amount of agility and tough tendons are essential, otherwise they'll tear and you'll be in a lot of pain for a long time! (I know people who have ripped them before now)

So I guess it does make sense really.

01-21-2012 15:03 Acheron is offline Search for Posts by Acheron Add Acheron to your Buddy List
Foxy
Viking

Registration Date: 05-02-2009
Race in game: Absorber
Clan: BOS + S.S.

RE: Hardened tendons Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like hardened tendons more than strenghened tendons or reinforced tendons as it just sounds better tbh Smile

[20:01] <stimpuki> ur best gunner on srrver atm
[20:01] <Foxy9> really? not mortis or grind?
[20:02] <stimpuki> mortis is to old now and grind is hll
01-21-2012 15:21 Foxy is offline Search for Posts by Foxy Add Foxy to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

Thread Starter Thread Started by Undivisible

quote:
Originally posted by NouveauNosferatu
Depends what way you look at it, perhaps the problem for vamps isn't the jumping but the landing, in which case hardened tendons would allow for greater jumping, because they can land without injury?

Just a thought... i'm not sure any of this game makes sense if you really stop and analyse it ;-)

quote:
Originally posted by Acheron
Well, I'm a rock climber, and that requires a certain amount of agility and tough tendons are essential, otherwise they'll tear and you'll be in a lot of pain for a long time! (I know people who have ripped them before now)

So I guess it does make sense really.

true, but at the same time hardening tendons sounds like a tradeoff. I just keep thinking that fresh twig is more difficult to break or snap, than old, dried and hardened one.

Now that you mentioned Acheron tough tendons sound very good Smile .

quote:
IGN: Atomos

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Undivisible: 01-21-2012 16:30.

01-21-2012 16:28 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
Philly
Forum Ace

images/avatars/avatar-935.gif

Registration Date: 09-08-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: BoS

all this talk about breaking tendons makes me want to keep sitting down lol...
personally i like hardened tendons also. not sure what it is about it, just seems to make more sense that its being "hardened" for the better when it comes to muscle movement

01-21-2012 18:23 Philly is offline Search for Posts by Philly Add Philly to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » Blood Wars » Narrations/Descriptions » Hardened tendons

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH