Go to the Main Page Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Gangster. Cultitst help. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gangster. Cultitst help. 3 Votes - Average Rating: 9.673 Votes - Average Rating: 9.673 Votes - Average Rating: 9.673 Votes - Average Rating: 9.673 Votes - Average Rating: 9.67
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Scotland The Brave.

Registration Date: 12-30-2011

Gangster. Cultitst help. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i am a lvl 45 cultist with the following gear.

Good Bandanna of the Shepherd
UNEQUIP
Hunter`s Suit (+4)
UNEQUIP
Amulet of Wisdom (+5)
UNEQUIP
Good Signet of Misdemeanour
UNEQUIP
Good Signet of Misdemeanour
UNEQUIP
Good Shorts of the Shepherd (+1)
UNEQUIP
Good Beretta (+2)
UNEQUIP
Beretta (+5)

in my armoury is this

SELL (8 800 Lgo)
EQUIP
Bracelet of Strength (+4)
SELL (5 750 Lgo)
EQUIP
Circlet of Precognition (+5)
SELL (35 100 Lgo)
EQUIP
Mystic Club (+5)
SELL (6 150 Lgo)
EQUIP
Short bow of Perfection (+2)
SELL (4 350 Lgo)
EQUIP
Mask of Adrenaline (+5)
SELL (49 250 Lgo)
EQUIP
Shining Knife of the Conqueror (+4)
SELL (18 600 Lgo)
EQUIP
Agile Club of Authority (+1)
SELL (19 700 Lgo)
EQUIP
Club of the Conqueror (+4)
SELL (6 900 Lgo)
EQUIP
Deadly Bandanna (+4)
SELL (12 950 Lgo)
EQUIP
Helpful Mask of the Prophet (+4)
SELL (15 825 Lgo)
EQUIP

Shelf 9

Value: 65 075 Lgo
Shorts of the Arms Dealer (+5)
SELL (23 850 Lgo)
EQUIP
Legendary Perfect Glock (+1)
SELL (4 950 Lgo)
EQUIP
Bullet-proof Shorts (+3)
SELL (7 350 Lgo)
EQUIP
Light Suit of the Guard (+4)
SELL (7 275 Lgo)
EQUIP
Shorts of the Sun (+5)
SELL (21 650 Lgo)
EQUIP

Shelf 8

Value: 4 950 Lgo
Legendary Perfect Glock (+1)
SELL (4 950 Lgo)
EQUIP

Shelf 6

Value: 17 050 Lgo
Ring of the Genius (+5)
SELL (7 150 Lgo)
EQUIP
Ring of the Genius (+5)
SELL (7 150 Lgo)

Shelf 5

Value: 12 725 Lgo
Regal Shirt (+4)
SELL (3 200 Lgo)

Cape of the Assassin (+4)
SELL (9 525 Lgo)
EQUIP

my stone count is
5 Bloodstone
1 Heartstone
1 Life stone

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
01-24-2012 19:22 Scotland The Brave. is offline Search for Posts by Scotland The Brave. Add Scotland The Brave. to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

images/avatars/avatar-995.jpg

Registration Date: 01-06-2009

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

High defence and damage.

Your the guy who survives but hits hard. Not the gunman who has 14 attacks and would possibly hit for less.

Thats what you need to remember. Not full blown perception, because it doesnt work like that, you can do it like that, but you wont fully use the gangster tattoo if you do.
01-24-2012 19:24 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Scotland The Brave.

Thread Starter Thread Started by Scotland The Brave.
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yeah I know that im going for bloody set for defence and extra perception and some extra life points.
01-24-2012 19:26 Scotland The Brave. is offline Search for Posts by Scotland The Brave. Add Scotland The Brave. to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

images/avatars/avatar-638.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2008
Clan: HFTFlea

I suggest getting different setup for different situations:

Expo gear:
deadly bandana of shepherd or good bandana of precognition (+x)
hunters xxx(armor) of assasin/guardsman
hypnotic/archaic amulet
2x ring of the bat
good shorts of the shepherd (+x)
2x legendary good beretta/uzi later on 2x legendary good scorpio(requires much int/knowledge training)

Gear for attacking melee players:
deadly circlet of the punishment or assault bandana
field vest/tailcoat of the fencer/master
titanium set of jewellery
good compound shorts (+1)
same weapons

Gear for attacking players with high perception:
expo headgear or crown of precognition/shepherd
hunters cape
chain of youth
signet of the art
ring of the bat(if you need more perception for hitting, otherwise take another signet of the art)
shorts of the arms dealer or velvet shorts of the shepherd
same weapons

Gear for defences:
deadly circlet of the punishment
+ the rest of the expo gear in most cases makes you safe, otherwise use antimelee setup

I'm using similar setup on polish server with my Gangster, and I'm happy Big Grin

EDIT: also deadly set of armors is useful in golem expos.

quote:
IGN: Atomos

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Undivisible: 01-24-2012 19:46.

01-24-2012 19:45 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
Scotland The Brave.

quote:
Originally posted by Undivisible

2x legendary good beretta/uzi later on 2x legendary good scorpio(requires much int/knowledge training)

as you can see i have to legendary perfect glocks +1 which has better damage
01-24-2012 19:49 Scotland The Brave. is offline Search for Posts by Scotland The Brave. Add Scotland The Brave. to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

scorps have more attacks.

Lower min damage but with the extra attack and the dmg increase by 1/4 tattoo aswell as items aswell it will be better i believe
01-24-2012 19:52 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Scotland The Brave.

quote:
Originally posted by FlashAOD
scorps have more attacks.

Lower min damage but with the extra attack and the dmg increase by 1/4 tattoo aswell as items aswell it will be better i believe

I will not even bother with scorpios untill lvl 68 +
01-24-2012 19:53 Scotland The Brave. is offline Search for Posts by Scotland The Brave. Add Scotland The Brave. to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

Just seen an attack of yours..

waaaaaaaaaay too low toughness / defence
01-24-2012 19:55 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Scotland The Brave.

I am working on my gear now this is just to bide the way untill i can equip what im buyin soon
01-24-2012 19:57 Scotland The Brave. is offline Search for Posts by Scotland The Brave. Add Scotland The Brave. to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

I'd sell them if I were you Wink . These are the toys for gunmen who have bonus attacks from tatoo. You would have to use shirt of speed to match their results, and it means you would have to level up a lot before using g+5 shirt of speed, wearing armor that gives you only one bonus attack, and then you will have to use amulet with strength. You would have to sacrifice bonus perception from hunters armor, and hypnotic/archaic amulet, plus you would have to go for scorios one day anyway.

quote:

01-24-2012 19:59 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
Scotland The Brave.

the glocks will do me better than uzis as the have same attcks but lower damage
01-24-2012 20:00 Scotland The Brave. is offline Search for Posts by Scotland The Brave. Add Scotland The Brave. to your Buddy List
Undivisible
Triple Ace

Well, it's your call, but don't stick around with them forever Wink .

quote:

01-24-2012 20:02 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
Scotland The Brave.

i wont it easier for me to go for leg p + 1 uzis
01-24-2012 20:03 Scotland The Brave. is offline Search for Posts by Scotland The Brave. Add Scotland The Brave. to your Buddy List
LucifersAngel
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-718.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2009
Race in game: Absorber

Dude I felt the same about my leg G+5 deagles. Just started converting them to scorpios and they have smaller damage (maybe 40 less) but a LOT more attacks. It's definitely worth it. If you can get P+1 uzi's for the moment, it would DEFINIETLY 100% be better than your glocks.

Para todos todo, para nosotros nada
For everyone everything, for us nothing

EZLN

01-24-2012 20:33 LucifersAngel is offline Homepage of LucifersAngel Search for Posts by LucifersAngel Add LucifersAngel to your Buddy List
Scotland The Brave.

my progress will be glocks uzis scorps
01-24-2012 20:42 Scotland The Brave. is offline Search for Posts by Scotland The Brave. Add Scotland The Brave. to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

images/avatars/avatar-991.jpg

Registration Date: 04-29-2011
Race in game: Thoughtcatcher
Clan: HLL

Defence part of Gangster isnt even worth contemplating at such a low level, im level 73 and still not worried about defence

Defence will come into play when i get P+1 Field Cape of Speed, P+1 xxx Circlet of Sun and P+1 xxx Shorts/Kilt of the Sun

P+1 Glock is much better than a P+1 Uzi, just check out the damage, youll be pwning most people around you with your glocks and rep kit Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 01-24-2012 20:58.

01-24-2012 20:55 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Undivisible
Triple Ace

quote:
Originally posted by Firetrap
P+1 Glock is much better than a P+1 Uzi, just check out the damage, youll be pwning most people around you with your glocks and rep kit Smile

Perfect Uzi (+1) CLOSE

One-handed gun
Damage: 25 - 47
Effects: attacks per round: 4
Requirements: LEVEL: 38, STRENGTH: 37, AGILITY: 42, PERCEPTION: 42, INTELLIGENCE: 37, KNOWLEDGE: 42
Value: 17 100 Lgo
Value: Nanites 1400, Mana 280

Perfect Glock (+1) CLOSE

One-handed gun
Damage: 38 - 44
Effects: attacks per round: 3
Requirements: LEVEL: 33, STRENGTH: 33, AGILITY: 36, PERCEPTION: 42, INTELLIGENCE: 38, KNOWLEDGE: 42
Value: 4 950 Lgo
Value: Nanites 838, Mana 276

Are you seriously suggesting that 3x 38-44 is better than 4x 25-47? What about damage bonuses from tatoo, wisdom and armors?

quote:

01-24-2012 21:45 Undivisible is offline Search for Posts by Undivisible Add Undivisible to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

Ahhh screw it, forgot about the extra attack on Uzi Tongue Still hell do fine with his Glocks for his level

01-24-2012 21:54 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Scotland The Brave.

quote:
Originally posted by Firetrap
Ahhh screw it, forgot about the extra attack on Uzi Tongue Still hell do fine with his Glocks for his level

got the for lvl 50 not 60 like some one
01-24-2012 22:01 Scotland The Brave. is offline Search for Posts by Scotland The Brave. Add Scotland The Brave. to your Buddy List
TheKid
Double Ace

Registration Date: 12-19-2010

Always Remember Too Keep Your Toughness Down :p And Perception Up

01-24-2012 22:52 TheKid is offline Search for Posts by TheKid Add TheKid to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by TheKid

Keep toughness down? are you mental, toughness is good and a must to equip alot of gunner gear

01-24-2012 22:53 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
warlock619
Triple Ace

Registration Date: 05-19-2008

quote:
Originally posted by TheKid

This Isn't Tehh How To Fail Thread, So Shhh Good Boy Smile

OT:
As Atomos said the P+1 Uzis would be much better for you , but of course the P+1 Glocks would easily do for now, and the Uzis can be something to work on Smile

All auctions are 24 hour, no 5 minute rule.

Bring these to the dark side..we have COOKIES

IGN:
UW: Warlock_619 Not a Cultist.
Necro: warlock619

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by warlock619: 01-25-2012 01:28.

01-25-2012 01:27 warlock619 is offline Search for Posts by warlock619 Add warlock619 to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for warlock619
Noumenon

Registration Date: 01-11-2010

Hmm well at level 49 I'm saying that you want precognition, and since yours is a circlet, it's a very good item for defence for now.

To be fair, a decent field vest of the master served me well with my previous account, very well. Was allowing me to take down 2H users far beyond my level. The gangster is very set dependent, you do want some pure damage dishing if you can... though I still prefer Hawk's over solar for it.

And wash away my innocence and fear
01-25-2012 04:36 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

You can't use solar. Well. You can. But hawks is really the way forward as solar sets defence to 0. So you working your time to get all the defence nd tank up while your attacking has been wasted.
01-25-2012 08:58 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Feindkilla91

Registration Date: 01-23-2010

Okay, heres my thoughts.

Right now you shouldnt even be thinking of solar/hawks sets - those are way in the future.

Try first aim for something like:

bandanna of precog
xxx of the death sower / hunters xxx (DS will give a good damage boost, hunters if you need more perc. Could also think about xxx of speed for the extra attacks)
hypnotising xxx (for expos, cheap perc neck piece), (xxx of youth for ambushes)
xxx of the bat x2 (expo) / xxx of misdemeanour x2 (ambushes)
shorts of shepherd

weapons you know where you're going with

Just curious if you're dead set on gangster tattoo ?
01-26-2012 18:09 Feindkilla91 is offline Search for Posts by Feindkilla91 Add Feindkilla91 to your Buddy List
Scotland The Brave.

quote:
Originally posted by Feindkilla91

bandanna of precog
xxx of the death sower / hunters xxx (DS will give a good damage boost, hunters if you need more perc. Could also think about xxx of speed for the extra attacks)
hypnotising xxx (for expos, cheap perc neck piece), (xxx of youth for ambushes)
xxx of the bat x2 (expo) / xxx of misdemeanour x2 (ambushes)
shorts of shepherd

Just curious if you're dead set on gangster tattoo ?

this is my rep gear

Good Bandanna of the Shepherd UNEQUIP <------- will get a bandana of precognition when i get to higher lvls.

Cape of the Assassin (+4) UNEQUIP <--- gonna change to cape of deathsower soon when i get to higher lvl.

Chain of Misdemeanour (+5) UNEQUIP <----- will be youth when i get the stones and one appears.

Good Signet of Misdemeanour UNEQUIP

Good Signet of Misdemeanour UNEQUIP

Shorts of the Sun (+5) UNEQUIP <----- needed as i do not have enough appearence.

Good Beretta (+2) UNEQUIP

Beretta (+5) should be a good +3 uzi tonight.

expo gear is

Circlet of Precognition (+5) UNEQUIP <----- same as above

Hunter`s Suit (+4) UNEQUIP <----- will also swap it to cape and get speed and deathsower.

Amulet of Wisdom (+5) UNEQUIP <------ swap to pilgrim for now then to hypno chain

Good Signet of Misdemeanour UNEQUIP <------ to wisdom then onto bat as i progress.

Good Signet of Misdemeanour UNEQUIP <------ same as above

Good Shorts of the Shepherd (+1) UNEQUIP <--------- ok for now untill i can get a kilt.

Good Beretta (+2) UNEQUIP

Beretta (+5) <------ good +3 uzi tonight.

and to answer your question about gangster if i am planning to stay it well yes untill i get bored. :-)

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Scotland The Brave.: 01-26-2012 19:41.

01-26-2012 19:34 Scotland The Brave. is offline Search for Posts by Scotland The Brave. Add Scotland The Brave. to your Buddy List
Noumenon

Gangster is great at low levels, I really enjoy it. But with the twisted set and the evolutions it's become a little obsolete at later play.

I'm experimenting at the moment, and I will be going into cursed one, regardless of it's weakness, to see if the survivability of the gangster makes breath of death useful... it needs a fix really. The agility penalty alone should mean the 35% health isn't in effect.

Anyways I'll be experimenting into collector.

But for you, don't forget you can actually make use of a Hunters xxx of +damage for now as an expo piece... it's really useful at lower levels, as it means you can use things like shorts of the sun for other boosts.

I hit act II earlier today, this is my set up:

Good Hard hat of Precognition (+2)
Hunter`s Cape of the Assassin (+4)
Tie of the Pilgrim (+5)
Ring of the Bat (+3)
Bracelet of Youth (+5) (Keeps it all equipped)
Good Shorts of the Shepherd
Legendary Good Beretta (+2)
Legendary Good Beretta (+3)

Hope this helps a little. I recommend getting 25% dodge ASAP as it's incredibly useful

01-26-2012 22:44 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
Feindkilla91

Registration Date: 01-23-2010

You've got a good idea of where you're going I think.

Dont worry too much about getting a kilt soon, its only better when it gets to P+1.

Expo:
Basically concentrate on getting perc to hit the expo mobs at your level, then when you've got way more perc than needed swap gear out for damage increasing gear (cape of DS or speed)
I think you'll do pretty well in expos with your 25% dodge and searing blood - you'll likely find that to be your main source of damage till you can get your perc up.
01-27-2012 12:28 Feindkilla91 is offline Search for Posts by Feindkilla91 Add Feindkilla91 to your Buddy List
Firetrap
Lord

quote:
Originally posted by Noumenon
Gangster is great at low levels, I really enjoy it. But with the twisted set and the evolutions it's become a little obsolete at later play.

I'm experimenting at the moment, and I will be going into cursed one, regardless of it's weakness, to see if the survivability of the gangster makes breath of death useful... it needs a fix really. The agility penalty alone should mean the 35% health isn't in effect.

Anyways I'll be experimenting into collector.

But for you, don't forget you can actually make use of a Hunters xxx of +damage for now as an expo piece... it's really useful at lower levels, as it means you can use things like shorts of the sun for other boosts.

I hit act II earlier today, this is my set up:

Good Hard hat of Precognition (+2)
Hunter`s Cape of the Assassin (+4)
Tie of the Pilgrim (+5)
Ring of the Bat (+3)
Bracelet of Youth (+5) (Keeps it all equipped)
Good Shorts of the Shepherd
Legendary Good Beretta (+2)
Legendary Good Beretta (+3)

Hope this helps a little. I recommend getting 25% dodge ASAP as it's incredibly useful

Survivability is the key word here, breath of death comes into play at 30% hp yes? Your as good as dead, Youll survive say 2 maybe 3 more hits from one of the bigger mobs? Cursed one is an awful race for almost any tattoo. Gangster will be obsolete at later stages? Not really, with a P+1 Bandanna, P+1 Cape and P+1 Kilt and when very rich some damage from jewels youll still have 1 more damage multiplier compared to a Gunman from your tattoo

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Firetrap: 01-29-2012 14:07.

01-29-2012 14:05 Firetrap is offline Search for Posts by Firetrap Add Firetrap to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Firetrap
Noumenon

Firetrap, I'm talking about the dodging ability of the gangster, it's primary ability, being obsoleted with the evolutions. From what I've been told it already exists as an evolution. At which point, the gangster loses it's primary ability.

And last time I was a gangster, when I held the position of highest ranked gangster on the server, I was an absorber, this time round I intend to try something different, currently an absorber, which means my only choice is to go cursed one. Which is fine by me, as i enjoy the game regardless. And I'm sure it can be useful with the right set up, just need to figure that all out.

Also it's 35%, and I've ended many an expo on less health than that. So it may very well happen. But this isn't about me building my character, I know what I'm doing.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Noumenon: 01-29-2012 18:06.

01-29-2012 18:05 Noumenon is offline Search for Posts by Noumenon Add Noumenon to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

There is a dodge evo.. max is 4%..

So its not like its a total waste. with a hawks set you will have max dodge anyway, but with hawks having perc + dmg aswell its always a bonus.

I think gangster with evos has now given the tattoo a bit of a revival. Gangster will always have less eprc than a gunner if you want to use the tattoo to its full ability. But now with 1 of the evos ( Wings Level 4 ) giving +20 perc thats going to be alot more help for the gangsters of the future on expos and attacks
01-29-2012 18:13 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
fool
Lord

Registration Date: 02-14-2008
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: boot camp

evos daodge is 12% for guns 22% for mellee and 19% for range
at max level
01-29-2012 23:16 fool is offline Search for Posts by fool Add fool to your Buddy List
Scotland The Brave.

tbh i dont care about evos i like the max defence which is higher than gunman
01-29-2012 23:23 Scotland The Brave. is offline Search for Posts by Scotland The Brave. Add Scotland The Brave. to your Buddy List
Scotland The Brave.

currently saving up for a perfect +1 cape. Should help my damage.
02-04-2012 14:05 Scotland The Brave. is offline Search for Posts by Scotland The Brave. Add Scotland The Brave. to your Buddy List
Scotland The Brave.

new rep gear.

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=8ac518dde5
02-07-2012 16:21 Scotland The Brave. is offline Search for Posts by Scotland The Brave. Add Scotland The Brave. to your Buddy List
Scotland The Brave.

ACT 2 NOW

http://r1.bloodwars.net/showmsg.php?mid=...&key=eac0bd60f8
02-09-2012 23:40 Scotland The Brave. is offline Search for Posts by Scotland The Brave. Add Scotland The Brave. to your Buddy List
FlashAOD
Boob \o/

You will instantly do more damage with the legendary weapons from ;

chance to hit increased by 27 %, overall weapon damage +30 %

But to be nearly hitting 100 a time to start with isnt that bad
02-09-2012 23:45 FlashAOD is offline Search for Posts by FlashAOD Add FlashAOD to your Buddy List
Scotland The Brave.

will be getting constant fire lvl 5 asap.
02-09-2012 23:47 Scotland The Brave. is offline Search for Posts by Scotland The Brave. Add Scotland The Brave. to your Buddy List
Grevenet

Registration Date: 09-06-2011
Race in game: Beastmaster
Clan: Boot Camp

Stuff advices, can't say much more that has been already said .

Gangster Cultist, I would find it hard to use . Searing Blood for expos, Cat's Paths for sieges and KotHs, HP Regeneration for ambushes . Cultists seems more designed for melee or ranged .

The Cursed One could go near everywhere : sieges, you can use Night Hunter and Breath of Death, you can do everything in ambushes, KotHs and expos . Optimizing is easier in this case . Breath of Death is useful if you tank enough when you're in your thirty percent and Horror is in Arenas or Expos .

I hope you'll manage to find your good setup

02-11-2012 00:09 Grevenet is offline Search for Posts by Grevenet Add Grevenet to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Grevenet
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Official Blood Wars Board » General » Words of advice » Underworld Gangster. Cultitst help.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH